Furry Nation v.4

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Furry Nation v.4

Postby souldier » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:56 pm

I'm a Furry! Oh I'm a Furry!:
- - - - - -
Username: souldier
Preferred Name: Bebe, May, or just souldier c:
Fursona(s)/Main Character: Bebe
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?:
Hmm dunno, I guess I've always been into character creation and world building c:
Furaffinity?: Don't have one c:
Toyhou.se?: souldier
Favorite Color?: Red
Favorite Animal?: Birds, dogs..
Other: I'm so excited to be a part of this club!!
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxMy kalons

x Best friend
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

souldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discordia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Hey everyone! Would love to hear how you chose or designed your fursona.
Here's some fun questions

How long have you had your current fursona?
Do you have more then one?
How did you chose or design your fursona?

I've had the same fursona for....years. I've actually been considering changing her as she's just taken on a life of her own? I jst can't seem to bring myself to do it no matter how different she and I are now.
Here's a picture of my Caphy-babe while we're at it

░░░░░░░░░░░░
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
coding Deviantart Art Shop TH link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I'm likely just a figment of
your imagination
Always happy to talk about characters

text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░░░░░░░░░░░

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

══════════════════

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Discordia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tendo64 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:53 pm

I was asked this on the Fur Affinity Forums a little while back so I'm gonna paste my answer from there.

sunburst_odell(me on FAF) wrote:Back in 2014...I was really into this adoptables thread called "Thimble Kitties." You could order customs and breed them and stuff, too. I was a little weeb back then so I got an Okami TK and someone asked if they could breed their polka-dot one with her so we did. One of the offspring looked like this:

Image(EDIT: Found the actual post, too. It's here)

A few years later after the thread died, I found this TK again and slightly redesigned him, naming him Sunburst. He was a feral OC first, back before I became a furry.

Here's his first drawing from me, made in October 2016. Here

I converted him to anthro in December 2016 when I decided to add him to a story I wrote called Cheating Death. His outfit is from Tomodachi Collection because I remembered seeing that outfit when I played and I thought it went well with his colors. This is my first anthro drawing of him.

He was an over-excited, slightly egotistical character at first but he became a fun, kindhearted character with a weird sense of humor and, sadly, low self-esteem. I made this change due to a bit of inspiration from Gregg from Night in the Woods, but incorporated my own traits into him as well. Ultimately, in January this year, I made him my 'sona.

Here is my current art of him :)
ImageImageImage
Tendo / Charlie + FTM + He / Him + Adult

Hi, I'm Tendo! I like M🌎THER, Super Mario, and 2000s rock.
I spend most of my time drawing cartoons and writing music.
Mostly on here to manage Sweetens and play forum games
enjoyer of claus from mother 3 he's pretty cool me thinks
My signature doesn't match on purpose and that's ok
Original creator and co-owner of Sweetens

UMA Toyhouse | Carrd (Interests + Art)
ImageImageImage
Tendo64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 am

meganwolf24 wrote:Earlier I was wondering how I got into the furry community as its been a while since I got into it. That was when I realised I actually got into it by seeing furry hate in a YouTube video. I got interested in what furries actually were because I kept hearing it mentioned and immediately became interested in the community.

How did everyone else here get into the furry community?

I found the furry community in a video called "weirdest fandoms ever," and of course one of the fandoms in there was the furry fandom. I was slightly curious about it, it looked "cool but weird," as my 5th-grade self wrote in my diary. I continued to research it on the web, I read a lot about it on WIki, and then one night I drew a furry in a notebook. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to be a furry until that moment because it seemed so weird, but once I realized I had an interest in anthro animals, I decided I was one. After that I downloaded furry Animo and just got involved in furry art. Also what triggered my interest was fursuits, they are just so cool in my opinion.
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:56 am

Question: How did your parents/parent react when you told them they were a furry?

I live with my dad, and when I told him about my interest he thought it seemed weird and geeky and didn't seem to care. At the time that I told him I was barely even part of the fandom yet and when I showed him fursuits and told him "we wear these" as my only explanation he was concerned. He thought we were people that believed we were animals, and it wasn't until like a month later he realized that's not really what it was, and there was so much more. Now he's super accepting of it and is helping me make a fursuit, and even gave up going to the beach this year so we could go to Anthrocon for vacation.
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 am

Discordia wrote:Hey everyone! Would love to hear how you chose or designed your fursona.

-snip-

I haven't had Palette for too long since I've switched from fursona A to fursona B quite often. Right now Palette is my main fursona and I'm debating as to keeping my past furonas as my fursonas as well or just turning them into characters... As to choosing my design, it was nothing really special, I just chose what I liked, granted I chose the name Palette because I like it, I like the idea of a color palette and if you look at her arms on her ref sheet you'll see that it kinda looks like a blue color palette, I chose the color blue because it's my favorite color and I have both stripes and dots on her because it's different then just one pattern or the other.
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyan.skies » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:56 am

Discordia wrote:Hey everyone! Would love to hear how you chose or designed your fursona.

I've had the same fursona for....years. I've actually been considering changing her as she's just taken on a life of her own? I jst can't seem to bring myself to do it no matter how different she and I are now.
Here's a picture of my Caphy-babe while we're at it

I've had my current sona since I became a furry almost a year and a half ago. She's extremely plain and I'm thinking of changing some of her design but I still love her, thought I mostly focus on my way too many ocs.

I chose the design by choosing my favourite colour pallette and animal and I ended up with a turquoise, black and white wolf!
cyan.skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:48 am

I’ve had my fursona for about 9 years now, and she’s only gone through a couple minor changes over the years. She just fits and I love her to death, I even commissioned a digi fullsuit of her that should be done in a couple of months.

As for how my parents reacted. Well we(me and my sister are both furries) never really explained it, fursuits just kinda started appearing in our house and we started going to cons. They still don’t know a lot about it, but with 5+ fursuits in the house it’s safe to say they don’t mind it lol. MFF 2018 will also be our 10th con since we started with FurSquared 2015. We’ve been furries for about 9 years, but 3 years ago is when things got serious lol.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:05 am

I'm a Furry! Oh I'm a Furry!:
- - - - - -
Username: Cleo_starry
Preferred Name: Cleo
Fursona(s)/Main Character:comet (no link)[/url]
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: A few months. I just made anthro OCs, realised they were fursonas and became a furry.
Furaffinity?: nope
Toyhou.se?: nope
Favorite Color?: blue
Favorite Animal?: wolf
Other: eh.....I don't have links to ref sheets, sorry

Postby .:Kira:. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:32 am

Okay, so...
I created my fursona, Farrin, in 2012 and didn’t know what a fursona was at the time. I just found a cute lineart and colored it. original Then, a few years later, when I discovered the furry fandom, I dug up Farrin again and revamped her. now
I only have 1 fursona. The others are just characters, and I have 5 or 6 (can’t recall off the top of my head). I am slowely making a suit/partial of Farrin and all that’s left now is the wings.
Now, a few years after the revamp, I have given her an alternate form and a few powers/abilities.

From my point of view, I see myself as playful and entergetic and similar to that of a canine. However I can’t relate to a wolf by any means. So I choose a dog; happy, loyal, and always there to give a hug. But I’m not completely a dog. I can relate to an entergetic house cat just as well; spastic, chase lazzer-dot, hide in room, sleep a lot, eat a lot. However, I don’t like the idea of a cat-dog hybrid. And a dragon is pretty similar to what I want as well. Dragons were my favorite mythical creature growing up so it works! (plus collecting/hording shiny things). So a dragon-dog it is. And you ask why I didn’t choose a fox as it is basically the same as a dragon-dog personality? That’s because I like the idea of hybrids and I respect my favorite animal, I don’t want to be it. But that’s why her markings are similar to a fox.

As far is how/why she transforms into her astral form goes. (To quickly sum up her background and life story) for simplicity sake, we’ll say she found a charm (her necklace or headpiece depending on the time) and during times of lots of emotions (be it happy, sad, mad, excited) her charm can transform her into her astral form using the energy from her emotions. In this form she her peers, ability to visit the Astral astral plane, communicate with the dead/souls, telekinetic powers, occasional dream-walking, and so on, are heightened. However, the catch is, ever since she first touched the charm, she has been cursed making it so she Must always have it on her, unless she wishes to face the consequences. The curse is that if she is not in possession of the charm she will shrink down to about 7inches in height. (This is convinient to her, as in her normal form, her wings are useless, but she can use them to fly just fine when she is 7in or astral form.)

(I’m working on writing her background story.)
Last edited by .:Kira:. on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
.:Kira:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me