CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Postby Wild Mothman » Thu May 07, 2020 3:24 pm

Most of the cons near me require 75% at least to be hand made

But it's worth doing your research because they might have something like a cosplay parade where you can still get up on stage for 30 seconds and do a couple poses and then be on your way.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strange_Atoms » Fri May 08, 2020 4:02 am

If my local con doesn't get cancelled, I'm going to go as Roland Deshane from Steven King's Dark tower series! The cosplayers get to go up on stage and talk about their cosplay and character for like 3 minutes. It's really cool!
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Fri May 08, 2020 6:19 am

Flightstar wrote:That's awesome! Cosplay for the sake of fun is still cosplay!

I have been cosplaying for 8 years and making my own stuff for 3, but I've never entered a contest lol-- it's definitely not a requirement!

Wow!
You’re a cosplay veteran then.

That’s awesome!
I bet that if you entered contests you’d win/place, but even if you didn’t win/place your cosplays would still be awesome. (^ u ^)

Kaede Panda wrote:Most of the cons near me require 75% at least to be hand made

But it's worth doing your research because they might have something like a cosplay parade where you can still get up on stage for 30 seconds and do a couple poses and then be on your way.

Yikes, 75% percent has to be hand made.
That sounds like a lot of work. (O - O)

I plan to sew as well as use a bedazzler (or something similar), hot glue gun (or some type of strong glue that works of fabric), and fabric/iron-on tape to make my cosplays, so although they won’t be from scratch a good amount of effort will go into making them. (^ U ^)

Thanks for telling me about cosplay parades BTW. (^ u ^)

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kobra » Sat May 09, 2020 9:07 am

I'm planning on doing my first proper cosplay at some point either later this year or early next year for Comic Con. Me and my friend have decided to go as genderbent versions of Obi Wan and Anakin.

Though I'm not planning on making the costume myself, I am working on getting better at makeup so I can effectively do the scars for Anakin. Small steps, I guess 😅

Out of curiosity though, where do you guys keep your money and stuff for conventions? Do you have some sort of pocket to put them in (presumably one that is able to be closed), implement bags into your cosplay... Or do you just carry bags around with you?
──-─────────────────────
Huge Star Wars and Star Trek fan
Yeah, I need to update this sig
i want to be a cow in moo moo meadows

─────────────────────-──
──-───────────────
███░██████████████
███░██████████████
───────────────-──
███░█████████
──-──────────
coding credit
because of obi wan?

──────────-──
███░█████████
kobra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyan.skies » Sat May 09, 2020 9:53 am

maximoff wrote:Out of curiosity though, where do you guys keep your money and stuff for conventions? Do you have some sort of pocket to put them in (presumably one that is able to be closed), implement bags into your cosplay... Or do you just carry bags around with you?

i have a small bag that's covered in pins i've collected from cons, so i usually just take that to conventions, and leave my bag with a friend i trust when getting photos taken so that the bag's not in the photos. but i also know a lot of people find ways to work pockets into their costumes or make bags that will look like part of the costume or are inspired by the character! it's totally up to you, and it depends totally on whether you mind about you're bag looking out of place, or not having to leave your bag.
cyan.skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyline » Sat May 09, 2020 10:10 am

cyanLupus wrote:
maximoff wrote:Out of curiosity though, where do you guys keep your money and stuff for conventions? Do you have some sort of pocket to put them in (presumably one that is able to be closed), implement bags into your cosplay... Or do you just carry bags around with you?

i have a small bag that's covered in pins i've collected from cons, so i usually just take that to conventions, and leave my bag with a friend i trust when getting photos taken so that the bag's not in the photos. but i also know a lot of people find ways to work pockets into their costumes or make bags that will look like part of the costume or are inspired by the character! it's totally up to you, and it depends totally on whether you mind about you're bag looking out of place, or not having to leave your bag.

yeah same! i have a ton of pins on a relatively small bag i carry around, usually fits everything fine unless you're buying a big print or something. what's nice is that the compartments in the front are transparent, so the pins are visible without you having to worry about them falling off. i really only go to cons with friends so i toss it to one of them for a second if someone wants a picture. it usually looks fine on the cosplay, in general i usually don't really care. and just if you were curious about it.
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ★Hoshi★ » Sat May 09, 2020 10:26 am

^^^
I also carry my ITA bag around! It's a nice enough size to carry pretty much everything you could need.
Plus as long as you dont have a super complex armoured cosplay or something, its easy to just slide it off for a second to take photos!
I usually keep a water bottle, my money, my phone, and snacks in it + anything i might need to repair cosplays if needed.
★ ★ ★
hoshi - they/she/he
Mentally ill + Tired
feel free to pm
★ ★ ★
★Hoshi★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Sat May 09, 2020 11:01 pm

Tends to be a combo of backpack and purse.
backpack for bulky things. like snacks and waterbottle extra costume parts/clothing depending on how much I can put on at home/if the weather changes (since con season for me runs from autumn-spring weather can be a little unpredictable)
and purse for my phone in case people need to reach me since I can't always hear it in my back pack and I tend to feel it buzzing in my purse and my wallet.

about to invest in an ita shoulder bag though which will be the best of both worlds I hope

i have made in character bags a couple of times, and built a pocket into my revue starlight uniform
But I don't mind carrying a bag around. especially if I end up buying stuff at a con
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lamia Raven » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:05 pm

Forget what was here plz
Last edited by Lamia Raven on Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARO+ACE+DEMIBOY
Lamia Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil667 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:11 pm

Username: lil667
Nicknames: N/A
Preferred pronoun: any!
Where do you cosplay?i.e. (at home? at conventions?) conventions, halloween, friends house
Do you buy your costumes, or make them yourself? buy and make!
What was your first costume? Snow Miku 2015 (I'm a big vocaloid cosplayer) oops forgot Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service
What is your favorite costume that you've done? Marinette Dupain-Cheng (MLB)
What is your favorite costume that you've seen someone else do? I say someone cos Nessa from SW/SH and it was before the game came out!

╔═════════════════════════╗
🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Hello! I'm Lil/lil667
I am currently into
Disney Stuff
Miraculous Ladybug
P.S. Lilpupin is my sister!
╚═════════════════════════╝

lil667

My pets
My items
My wishlist