❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Plant ❀ Lovers

Postby sparrow » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:03 am

Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted. I've been looking to get some houseplants for my bedroom, does anyone have any suggestions that are fairly low maintenance?

Also, I'm going to attempt to start a herb garden. Does anyone have an advice or tips to help it grow properly?

DAcharsart

i'm just a small bird who is obsessed with drawing and fitness. feel free to pm me at any time, i'm super friendly and love to talk. i used to be perishable and madman, please don't steal either one.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:46 am

Succulents are quite low maintainence; at least, from my experience. Cacti especially; but they aren't very hands friendly and although many look beautiful, they may not appeal to you. Geraniums - again, from my experience - are fairly low maintenance. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I think if you want stuff that's truly low maintenance, stick with succulents. I guess if you want prettier plants that have bright flowers you'll need to put in more effort, though it's undoubtedly worth it.

I want to get some succulents and carnivorous plants for my windowsill when I redecorate my room; I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing yet, but i'm excited. nwn

As for herb gardens, they're fairly easy, if they're indoors, remember to water them fairly frequently - and also remember to cut them frequently bc they can get huge. If they're outside, make sure not to overwater, and be careful of letting them grow outside a pot because some herbs, although useful, spread like weeds and can take over your garden. Mint is a prime example of this, my family had one pot of mint in out garden years ago and though the main plant is gone - there's still individual bits that are hidden away. Though, there's some herbs that need quite a bit of room, chamomile - for example - needs space to grow but even just for the smell alone, it's worth it.
Last edited by lesbian on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostykitty » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:11 am

~snip~
Also, I'm going to attempt to start a herb garden. Does anyone have an advice or tips to help it grow properly? [/size][/list]

Well, if you grow basil grow it beside a small tomato plant, because basil grows pretty big, about a small tomato plant size. I would suggest (if the herb garden is going to be off the groun but close to it (outside, like a porch) start the basil in a pot beside the others, the tomato in the ground. Once the basil gets bigger, you can plant it beside the tomato plant. Surprisingly the plants are healthier and grow better if they are close to each other. The basil and tomato fruit that you harvest from them with also taste better I believe.
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXIgnisXx » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:51 am

Username: .Ignis.
Nickname{s}: Ignis
Favourite plant: Morning glories, Roses, Bamboo, Sakura trees c:
i love plants

" HERE COMES THE SUN "

x
x

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..⊳ [url=x]x[/url]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..⊳ [url=x]x[/url]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..Plantasia

xXIgnisXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abandoned-account123 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:14 am

Username: i am obviously a cat
Nickname{s}: cat
Favourite plant: I can't decide between cactus or ferns
i love plants

Hello!
^_^/)
back to liquidate for flight rising.
abandoned-account123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 am

Welcome ignis and cat! {I've added you both to the front page}
      @ignis: I absolutely adore sakura trees, they're so pretty, I've unfortunately never seen any in real life though.
      @cat: and, why not both cacti and ferns! they're both very beautiful in their own ways.
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostykitty » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:12 am

Guys, anyone know how to keep snake plants alive when they're dying?! It's been alive since before I was born! There's actually two but one is fine, the other is drying and the leaves are getting brittle. I have been watering it. By the way the leaves at biggest are about two and a half feet to a yard. This is kinda what the leaves look like?
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXIgnisXx » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:15 am

I dunno anything about snake plants, but maybe you could try some sort of miracle grow, some people say it helps plants strengthen themselves.

" HERE COMES THE SUN "

x
x

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..Plantasia

xXIgnisXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abandoned-account123 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:20 am

I just got a Asparagus Fern, is there anything I should know?
back to liquidate for flight rising.
abandoned-account123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:10 pm

@frostykitty
      I'm afraid I know nothing about snake plants, but I'll try help if I can. How often do you water it? Where is it planted? What are the light levels it receives throughout the day? What type of soil is it in? Does it have enough drainage?

@i am obviously a cat
      from what I have read Asparagus Ferns are very easy to keep as plants - interestingly they aren't actually ferns but they are of the lily family - anyway, this link should help. I read through it and it seems really useful and well laid out. nwn
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items