Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Postby diana, » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:08 pm

@Chemicello
      saaame. i've just come back after like half a year, but it doesn't take too long to get back into coding! im sure you'll be fine, your current signature is gorgeous <3

@. moonlight .
      i looove your sig! it's so pretty, and the pets to the side are a nice touch! my only criticism would be that the top left text isn't aligned in the centre (there's a gap to the right of 'let's') but obviously that's just a me thing, you do you. and the borders on the bottom left box aren't quite lined up, but apart from that it looks super nice xx

Where do you guys get most of your theme/quotes/scheme from? Have any of you ever had this problem? How can I fix this problem?
      i just kinda look up the lyrics of my current favourite song/s and choose the nicest sounding ones. i don't put a heap of thought into it, just whatever seems like it would fit and look aesthetic in my signature box tbh. not sure how you could fix it - i guess maybe try and find some new music, look up nice quotes on google to suit the mood of your signature, if you have a colour theme maybe look up some quotes for that colour? or tv show/movie quotes, etc. idk hope this helps!

--

i was hoping for a few comments on my sig as well? it's nothing super special, i just like the colour orange and song lyrics. thank you! xxx
═══════════════⋆⋅★⋅⋆═══════════════
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xi"deep into that darkness peering, long i stood there wonde
xxxring, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx"all that we see or seem isxxxx"and so being young, and
xixxbut a dream within axxxxxxxxdipped in folly, i fell in
xxxxxxxxxdream."xxxxxxxxxxxxlove with melancholy."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
diana,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sxtxrn » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:47 pm

@diana,

ugh its so pretty, i love the way the images work together and how well the quote fits in. the orange font for the text box fits in nicely, my only problem is that the black font color doesnt really look like it fits in, maybe a slightly lighter shade of orange then the box would work, that could just be a me thing, though.

~~~

anyways i need some opinions,

are my prices too high? should i change them? if so, what to?

these are the sigs i have coded most recently;
    https://imgur.com/a/oCxmwgl

4 hours for sig at top, 6 hours for mine, and 2 or 3 for the one at the bottom
Last edited by sxtxrn on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

mikey | gay | he/they | astrophys major
hi, im rarely on here. i love to code

[ toyhouse ] ▼・ᴥ・▼ ⋆。°✩ [ trade me ]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
sxtxrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appi » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:02 pm

@ diana

hai, i'm gonna give a bit of honest advice and opinion, so just know i hope it helps you and helps you to improve and become a better coder!! for me, i'd advise that having too many different images can look quite disorganized and messy. although they all follow the theme of "orange" it would look nicer imo if you choose 2 unique images or one image that you could split into different parts like TheBeeGirls' current signature. this way, it would look a lot more uniform and work much better together, and on the eyes as well. try experimenting with text borders and what coding you can do with text instead of just images, the balance between text and pictures is also important in my opinion, it would look a lot nicer that way! you can fill the spaces you usually use for images with quotes (using those typography/font sites) or bio, or links, and i think that would balance it out well. even using blocks like these░ or these█ it could add a lot to your sig.

i think that's all i have to give advice on, i hope i don't come off as a jerkk but i hope it helped in some way at least!! have fun and good luck ^^
do you like omelettes?
appi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yaku » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:04 am

Christ it's been awhile she said for the 75th time this thread
Gonna break my cycle of not saying anything to anyone about anything but only do it for this page and completely ignore questions because I always end up giving the same canned answers
- shippe
    This was a LOT of pages back and I'm pretty sure it was when I had my Opium signature and I just want to say I'm absolutely honored that I was able to inspire someone and all the more devastated that I messed up and deleted that signature code by accident while I was in a rush.........
- diana,
    Ah, orange - a color I love to see in signatures, but one that I burned myself out on real quick back in like 2016, but I digress. A lot of what I have to say stems from my inclination towards big loud obnoxious *takes up half your monitor* heh nothin personnell kid signatures, but appi is on the right track. It reminds me a lot of a moodboard..! Which is both a good thing and a bad thing, given that I'm absolutely in love with that particular saturated hue and the way each of the images blend together and share a solidarity with their darker, interspersed tones, but the layout itself leaves a bit to be desired. And this is where I get really subjective and potentially harsh because my pea brain is fried and. Pretty song lyrics, but no overt use of them (leading me to mistake them for a biospace on the left and a single line from a song on the right) and lackluster division that makes it hard to follow. Simplistic design that doesn't justify its size or medium. Disjointed subjects with, again, nothing to justify them... I dunno. Without totally imposing my style of coding on you, I'd recommend making up for shortcomings in simplistic layouts with more creative ideas with things like the coloration (which is kinda ironic given my current one has literally no color whatsoever besides making sure the link crosses stay black after being clicked whoops). Make it so that images together form a gradient from light to dark. Don't be afraid of large unicode pieces.

I will give you credit for splitting images properly, though, and the pretty usage of the flower within the circle and whatnot. I wish I had that "diagram" I made of someone who just cut their image of Komaeda Nagito in half and put the two halves across from each other making it look like he had giant, long tentacles for hair.
- moonlight
    Opinions are difficult because everyone prices their work differently and - of course - works at a different pace, but ask yourself these questions:
    1. Am I getting business?
    ➜ ➜ ➜ No? If there's nothing else wrong with your shop, like glaring errors or red flags such as errors or a bad reputation from scamming (which I highly doubt is a problem), then you may want to lower your prices until you improve a little. Or you could just be online at "bad" hours. Try to bump strategically.
    2. Am I getting a satisfactory amount of business? Am I happy with the number of customers
    ➜ ➜ ➜ See #1.
    3. Am I getting a lot of price negotiation/haggling to bring it down?
    ➜ ➜ ➜ Yes? The customer isn't always right and I've never actually had someone do this to me, but they could be onto something.

I personally don't incorporate hours spent into my prices because I code really quickly and I'm too dumb to mess around with years, instead valuing myself with general ballpark estimates based on my own perceived quality of my layouts/just general rarities. With that context in mind: I go at a solid 10 C$ minimum with various tiers of pet rarities because my wishlist is as wide as my self-esteem is small. I'm probably the queen of underpricing so you might wanna take what I say with a grain of salt, but 10-15 C$ minimum with an option to mix and match pet + C$ payment would be where I place you. It's certainly a cut above a lot of others' and you have palettes as well as basic mechanics down pat, but the columnar quote style, vertical-preference rectangle "shape," simplistic image editing, and credit style -removed- rather than just having a nondescript unicode character/single-word small text "credit" (personally, I use a copyright symbol, but a moon or something might be cute in your case) - bring it down a little in my eyes.
Last edited by tarkeli on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bullying/harassing someone - even if anonymous will not be tolerated on CS.
┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┤

ImageImagex xImage
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░

( HEY SENSEI
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
lesbian / scorpio / intp
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
popstar / 1 / 2 / 3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
pms on
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
Image ⎬⎬

OUR
VOIC
EVER
├┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Imagex
x
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
yaku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Monomares » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:18 am

Woo guys I got some exciting newss
    First off, new signature.

Secondly, I've been basically working all day with lesbian to get this set up;
    Creativity Corner Coding Challenges!

All the info you need is on the thread, but basically it's a monthly coding contest with mini-challenges every now and then. The first round isn't until October, but we're looking for mods and judges so feel free to check it out!
xxxxxiCome visit me on Lioden! ID 232339
iixxxxxcxix Leaving Indefinitely ❤
Monomares

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rentropy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:56 am

rentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sxtxrn » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:42 am

hey, pals! i'm wonderin if i could get some critiques on the two latest sigs ive made. i'm curious to know where my problem areas are so i can improve them and what about the sigs is pretty good.
    also, you dont have to do both, this is just to get a better idea of where i'm flawed and need to improvement. thank you to those who reply! <:

anyways here they are ;

sig one

sig two
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

mikey | gay | he/they | astrophys major
hi, im rarely on here. i love to code

[ toyhouse ] ▼・ᴥ・▼ ⋆。°✩ [ trade me ]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
sxtxrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s o r r o w s » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:55 pm

hi moonlight, hopefully this is decent feedback. it's been a while since i've coded on here. [my current sig is my latest work and oh my gosh, is it oof. i need some practice.]

sig one - i like the colors and simplistic nature, but it was a bit hard for me to read just due to how the quote is put. usually i read from left to right then top to bottom on sigs. i've noticed that a lot of people have stopped doing that since i've left, so maybe it's just a trend i'm not a huge fan of? i can't really remember, but maybe i've made a sig with a quote like that within my day. [usually i don't tho] overall i think it's a really nice sig.

sig two - very nice vibe. it's small, but feels good. the bio sections feel quite smaller than what small usually is to me, but i think that it works with the vibe of the sig. it was easy for me to read along with the quote since i read it like your last one. maybe the only thing i would do is make the url button line match with the text color. i believe it's possible since i used to do it, but again it's been a while, so please correct me if i am wrong! i just think that it makes everything look much more uniform, since one small color being off kind of messes with the whole sig imo. that's just me analyzing it, but i also noticed it at the first glace tbh.

hopefully this feedback is decent! i really liked both of your sigs, and i hope to see more of them in the future. you are a lovely coder, and your current sig is very cute! <3
s o r r o w s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby i have 10 toes » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:14 am

hey guys i think we should all hide lucky lucianos in our signatures. i am going to do exactly that after school. maybe ill give out a rare or something to people who can find him
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
╔══════════════════════╗

my name is molly and i love dedue. tifa is cool.

╚══════════════════════╝
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
i have 10 toes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spideysense » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Username:
        IceFlurry

Name/Nickname[s]:
        You can call me Flurry if you like! That's my cat's name <3

Pronouns:
        she/them

Do you have an signature shop?:

What's your favourite and least favourite part about coding:
        My favorite is how relaxing it can be! Whenever i can sneak onto my laptop i always code, its my favorite thing to do! My least favorite is how it often is unpredictable, and you can mess it up so easily, just by typing the wrong thing!

When did you begin making signatures?:
        When i joined CS, about 1 or 2 years ago now? I just decided i wanted to code..and i taught myself! Now i am a proud coder who considers myself good at coding!

Tell us a bit about yourself?:
        I am a self-taught songwriter, pianist, artist, coder, poet, and author + illustrator. I am an enneagram type 5, so keep that in mind when you talk to me.

Irisid, I'd like to sign up! Also, i really like this idea!
spideysense

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me