Doctor Who Fan Club V2.910113.14

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Doctor Who Fan Club V2.910113.14

Postby Atwood » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:07 pm

Wolves Run Free wrote:
I would have adored an episode about the Doctor as a child and his general life beforehand.
Where did he like to play? How were time lords born, and did they grow as children or just regenerate as time went on? Did the Doctor have any best friends? Who was his wife, brothers and sisters, children?
So many questions, haha. x3

A few of those have been answered at least in part. :3 As a child he liked to play outside in the fields, watch the stars with his father, and go exploring up the mountain he lived on (Mount Perdition, I think) and talk with an old hermit who lived up there, and he'd often play with his best friend Koschei, whose father had a large estate on Mount Perdition. The Doctor's childhood name was Theta Sigma of the House of Lungbarrow (and Koschei, aka the Master, was of the House of Oakdown). He and Koschei were both bullied as children, and Koschei was almost killed by bullies when he was seven but was saved by Theta, who accidentally killed the boy who was attacking them and ended up giving Koschei up to Death to save himself. This was implied to be why the Doctor is so obsessive about trying to save the Master, as he blames himself for Koschei becoming corrupted by Death's influence.

Once he was in the Academy, he and Koschei formed a group/gang with eight other young Time Lords of the Prydonian Chapter and called themselves the Deca. I can't remember all their names offhand, but there was Ushas (became the Rani), Millennia (who died), Rallon (became the Toymaker's host and died), Mortimus (became the Meddling Monk), Drax, and the one who became the War Lord (seen in the episode 'War Games'). Most of the Deca who survived to adulthood became renegades - Drax and the other two I can't remember were the only ones who became productive members of Time Lord society.

The Doctor had at least one brother, Braxiatel, who was almost certainly who the Doctor was referring to in 'Smith and Jones' when Martha asked if he had a brother ("No, not anymore"). Apart from that... Time Lord families are a very confused issue - they're either born and raised completely like humans, or they're all the product of a cloning device called a Loom that creates them full-grown from a DNA soup and puts them in groups of 'Cousins', with the Doctor being a reincarnation of the Other and getting called 'Wormhole' because he's the only Time Lord with a navel. Err, yeah. Apparently this version of Time Lord reproduction came around because it was thought the Doctor was no longer special enough compared to the other Time Lords, so they came up with... that. >.> However, most of the stories and the TV episodes strongly establish that they have regular families, are born from their parents, and grow up as children, and the whole Looming debacle is never mentioned. The Doctor's mother may have been a human at one time, as in the movie he said he was 'half human on his mother's side' and apparently had a few minor quirks of human biology - the Time Lords could change humans into Time Lords and seemed to have no problem with marrying humans, so it's entirely possible the Doctor's mother started out human and was later changed.

Regeneration seems to be an innate process (as Jenny and River were able to regenerate without training), but in the Academy the Time Lords were taught how to control it and consciously shape their appearance. The Doctor is very bad at it and has essentially no control over how he looks after regeneration, while others like Romana, the Master and the Rani can choose exactly how they want to look - Romana in particular changed her appearance drastically several times in a row before becoming an exact replica of someone else because she liked the look ("I thought it looked very nice on the princess. The arms are a bit long but I could always take them in."). And why did she regenerate? She felt like it. That's... basically all there was to it - she was bored of being Romana I and wanted a change. Complete opposite of Ten there. X3 Different Time Lords seem to have taken very different approaches to the whole regeneration issue, with the Doctor being unusually clingy to his incarnations.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The BadWolf » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:00 am

Fragment Links wrote:My mom's project partner for university is a Whovian and she got me the Doctor Who movie! :D

*Squeals and bounces around*

The one with Paul Mcgann? That is the best! With all the...I won't spoil it. But it is really good. I think it's Paul I adore<3

Atwood wrote:
Wolves Run Free wrote:
I would have adored an episode about the Doctor as a child and his general life beforehand.
Where did he like to play? How were time lords born, and did they grow as children or just regenerate as time went on? Did the Doctor have any best friends? Who was his wife, brothers and sisters, children?

A few of those have been answered at least in part. :3 As a child he liked to play outside in the fields, watch the stars with his father, and go exploring up the mountain he lived on (Mount Perdition, I think) and talk with an old hermit who lived up there, and he'd often play with his best friend Koschei, whose father had a large estate on Mount Perdition. The Doctor's childhood name was Theta Sigma of the House of Lungbarrow (and Koschei, aka the Master, was of the House of Oakdown). He and Koschei were both bullied as children, and Koschei was almost killed by bullies when he was seven but was saved by Theta, who accidentally killed the boy who was attacking them and ended up giving Koschei up to Death to save himself. This was implied to be why the Doctor is so obsessive about trying to save the Master, as he blames himself for Koschei becoming corrupted by Death's influence.

Once he was in the Academy, he and Koschei formed a group/gang with eight other young Time Lords of the Prydonian Chapter and called themselves the Deca. I can't remember all their names offhand, but there was Ushas (became the Rani), Millennia (who died), Rallon (became the Toymaker's host and died), Mortimus (became the Meddling Monk), Drax, and the one who became the War Lord (seen in the episode 'War Games'). Most of the Deca who survived to adulthood became renegades - Drax and the other two I can't remember were the only ones who became productive members of Time Lord society.

The Doctor had at least one brother, Braxiatel, who was almost certainly who the Doctor was referring to in 'Smith and Jones' when Martha asked if he had a brother ("No, not anymore"). Apart from that... Time Lord families are a very confused issue - they're either born and raised completely like humans, or they're all the product of a cloning device called a Loom that creates them full-grown from a DNA soup and puts them in groups of 'Cousins', with the Doctor being a reincarnation of the Other and getting called 'Wormhole' because he's the only Time Lord with a navel. Err, yeah. Apparently this version of Time Lord reproduction came around because it was thought the Doctor was no longer special enough compared to the other Time Lords, so they came up with... that. >.> However, most of the stories and the TV episodes strongly establish that they have regular families, are born from their parents, and grow up as children, and the whole Looming debacle is never mentioned. The Doctor's mother may have been a human at one time, as in the movie he said he was 'half human on his mother's side' and apparently had a few minor quirks of human biology - the Time Lords could change humans into Time Lords and seemed to have no problem with marrying humans, so it's entirely possible the Doctor's mother started out human and was later changed.

Regeneration seems to be an innate process (as Jenny and River were able to regenerate without training), but in the Academy the Time Lords were taught how to control it and consciously shape their appearance. The Doctor is very bad at it and has essentially no control over how he looks after regeneration, while others like Romana, the Master and the Rani can choose exactly how they want to look - Romana in particular changed her appearance drastically several times in a row before becoming an exact replica of someone else because she liked the look ("I thought it looked very nice on the princess. The arms are a bit long but I could always take them in."). And why did she regenerate? She felt like it. That's... basically all there was to it - she was bored of being Romana I and wanted a change. Complete opposite of Ten there. X3 Different Time Lords seem to have taken very different approaches to the whole regeneration issue, with the Doctor being unusually clingy to his incarnations.

wow...I would love an episode where somehow the doctor finds himself on Gallifrey. I have no idea how it would happen, but it would be interesting to see his reaction. I wounder if he would try to get away or stay?
───────𝙳𝙾𝙽'𝚃 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝙻𝙴𝙰𝚅𝙴 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙰𝚂𝙸𝙳𝙴, 𝚂𝙾𝙽
xxxmarston || he/him || resident cowboy enthusiast || her <3
The BadWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onlyafter2009 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:55 am

If the Doctor did find himself on Gallifrey, he would probably try to leave as soon as possible. Or his companion would be like, "AHMYGOD NEW WORLD. LETS EXPLORE :DDDDD" and he would have to follow, chase her down and save her from whatever follows. Probably. Just because the Doctor has a pretty fun life until it comes to dramatic thingies.
Or, if he left Gallifrey instantly, with his companion, it would come up as the main base of a plot for several more episodes until the problem is solved.
onlyafter2009

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corvidous » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:59 am

Atwood wrote:
Wolves Run Free wrote:

Eei.. I really need to get around to watching more of the old episodes... They say you learn something new everyday, and I honestly learned quite a bit from reading that out. I never would have thought about half that stuff, and I'm shocked at some of it. I understand the character a bit better now- Especially his reaction with the Master in 'The Sound of Drums.'
hello

---------

he / they
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:27 am

X3 when weget to fun music and things, ima suggest the doctor Who theme song ^^

(ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y49XWS_0xbw what it sounds like in a band ^^)
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spence » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 am

o3o
Spence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Bleeding_Out~ » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:15 am

.:Miny:. wrote:

o3o

If the silence walked behind the angel and looked away, the angel would forget. But if the silence just turned, the angel wouldn't forget since the angel is still looking, so the angel would move.
Moriarty wrote: Falling is just like flying, only with a more permanent destination.
~Bleeding_Out~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am

o3o

My mind. It hurts.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Fish. » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 am

SummerLoveZ wrote:

o3o

My mind. It hurts.

I'M SO CONFUSSED I MUST KNOW THE ANSWER
A terrifying, lethal, inescapable, and sagacious lady

Rose Wickes
I regret many things, but falling in love is not one of them

ImageImageImage
.Fish.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ^KitKat^ » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Wolves Run Free wrote:
So I was watching the Army of Ghosts episode, and does anyone remember the girl that worked at Torchwood that had a crush on the guy? If I remember correctly, they were the first two the Cybermen caught.
But if you look and listen closely to the girl, you realize it's the same actor that plays Martha. o-o

Omg so it's not just me that noticed it was the girl that plays Martha.
Good. I thought I was crazy. xD

And don't forget, Martha is talking about Canary Warf and mentions that she ahd a cousin called Agatha who mwas killed. mAnd you see it in the Doctor's face. He knows who she's talking about :O
Take a child, raise her into a perfect psychopath, introduce her to the Doctor. Who else was I going to fall in love with? - River Song
When I was a little girl, I had an imaginary friend.
And when I grew up, he came back.
-
Amy Pond
A dedicated Whovian from the age of 8 years old
RIP Elisabeth Sladen

ImageImage
^KitKat^

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes