Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Postby qeu9nveq7vn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:11 pm

@storm;; Yeah, I agree - I'm thinking a city theme, but that's not final yet.

I've quickly whipped up a poll for you guys to vote on in terms of what the top prize should be; vote on it here!
qeu9nveq7vn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .boot » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:27 pm

LOOK WHO'S BACK,, WITH A BRAND NEW TRACK--

yo okay so a few things,,

looks n sounds like it's time for,,,,
Boot's Unnecessary Opinion™

@zey's entire spiel about lack of discussion;; i lowkey feel called targeted by some points they made but that's inevitable since they're mostly true-- bu t i can kinda relate to how you feel about the current state of the club
one thing i assume is the issue to why the it's all kinda slowed down in just general BBCode chatter would be i guess just the lack of ways to initiate it? the small thing that's been a done lately was asking coding related questions and i definitely think we should do those more often, but more discussion based perhaps-- like not just having a single answer from yourself but maybe replying to other people's opinions or whatever their answers may be uvu"

example:
Code: Select all
[b]what is a coding habit you have? (making only column-based layouts, using dropcaps for all of your quotes, using certain images or symbols often, a certain color scheme, etc.)[/b]
and just yknow,, talking about it,, feel free to answer this btw ^^

another thing that's slowing everything down may be just the lack of coding help on here too? i've been nothing but lurking and posting maybe once or twice consistently these past ~6 months or so but i've occasionally seen people looking for coding help on here be ignored or very briefly given an answer which might be what's scaring new and potential members away-- i'll say it right now though i've been 100% guilty of doing this myself and am ready to be grilled for it before trying to change my ways DD is definitely a thing though getting help or advice on here for something other than your already completely finished signature from a "coding veteran" would definitely make it more newbie-friendly i think..
whether we do these or if they'd be effective or not,, it's all just my totally unasked for two and a half cents that i think may bring in more beginner coders i guess,, from personal experience this club can be kinda intimidating ngl and i feel like from a kinda self conscious new person's POV we're a pretty closed off community--

@mucro;; as some members may recall, we did used to have official signature challenges by the month?? though the winners were chosen at random more than actual judging, which made it fair to everyone who participated no matter their skill level and also to prevent drama in a way or something-- i'm not sure the likelihood of that being a thing again since it kinda quietly just stopped happening since june, but if everyone shows an interest to actually want to participate in that now it may be (????) considered by the mods to start it up once more (an assumption though? because i can't say what time they all have to deal with that + making more themes nowadays)

all three events sound super great and i'd participate/contribute something in all of them, but for the sake of people's time and coding muse i agree with storm that doing them separately would be best..

thoughts on coding challenges: i think those are really good!!!! doing something out of your comfort zone is a healthy way to learn new techniques and something i constantly want to do but was never really motivated to do it?? a thing like that would help and it would probably be hard, but having to think of another way/code something in another style seems really cool :VV
though that just might be me lmao,,
--
wow i come out of the shadows after like 2 months to ramble a lot,, i'm going to bed but i hope at least a fraction of this mess is valid to anything :')
.boot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsukỉ » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:54 pm

what is a coding habit you have? (making only column-based layouts, using dropcaps for all of your quotes, using certain images or symbols often, a certain color scheme, etc.)

signerica.
Tsukỉ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yinsum » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:06 pm

what is a coding habit you have? (making only column-based layouts, using dropcaps for all of your quotes, using certain images or symbols often, a certain color scheme, etc.)

to be honest, i don't really have anything that's necessarily unique in my coding lmao
        but i use a lot of font overlays rip

kk i just made this little thing v v v in like fifteen minutes
      lmao forcing out code is like throwing up but

what do you guys think ?? i really despise editing mangacaps
      and i haven't coded anything serious in like two months r i p
yinsum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yaku » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:12 pm

what is a coding habit you have?

I have a terrible habit of making my layouts over-complicated/hard to read and using too many fonts, issues I'm trying to avoid with my current project (NEW YEAR NEW ME)... it ain't workin out. I'm also way too dependent on drop caps and those lil mp3 player gifs,,, I say my coding style isn't constant but I've definitely developed some consistencies over the past year and they're gonna be my downfall
┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┤

ImageImagex xImage
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░

( HEY SENSEI
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
lesbian / scorpio / intp
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
popstar / 1 / 2 / 3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
pms on
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
Image ⎬⎬

OUR
VOIC
EVER
├┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Imagex
x
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
yaku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .chariot » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:28 pm

I have a habit of just sticking with basic hug left hug right techniques. I need to expand my knowledge ;w;
─────────────────────────
she/her | sag | flexible writer
aest | bub | iso sux | mood: sick of it
─────────────────────────
.chariot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby forestfolke » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:32 pm

sorry for being v inactive here i made barely any posts haha, i've been taking a semi-break from sig coding because of lack of motivation and inspiration. i'll try to be around here more often though

columns
    i just use way too many columns. everything looks too blocked off but it looks empty if i don't add them
    also idk if this is a coding habit more than a.. not coding habit but recently i keep making a sig halfway and then stopping and not continuing

also aaaAA I realized the other day I didn't save a sig I rlly liked and wanted to use again, I always put them in drafts but not this time i guess? gdi me.
forestfolke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qeu9nveq7vn » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:58 am

I finally kind of finished that signature comp; boop.
qeu9nveq7vn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby loves, » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:30 am

Probably using symbols??? I use so many symbols for my coding honestly and I didn't even think about that until now ^^""" I'm horrible at filling up space with anything else and I also like to use the symbols to help with directing the quote in my sigs.
You must be homesick.
loves: infp, lawful neutral
loves,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:58 am

I tend to use a lot of rounded borders. I don't really know how to make a border-less sig, lol. I'm also very reliant on the centre left technique, but I know I have to expand my knowledge if I want to make any more complicated sigs. I also use a lot of transparent images. Kind of curious on going out of my comfort zone to start using other styles, so hopefully I can do so soon after I finish my exams.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---