✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | {31/1/16} | ✿

Postby SilverSamurai » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:16 am

Red rescue team was my second (third?) pokemon game and I still adore it, though sky is by far my favorite Pokémon game

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:49 am

Blue Rescue was my first PMD... Favourite is a tie between Sky and Super... Super was the first (and only) PMD I've managed to get all the Pokemon in, and I quite liked the references to the other games, but Sky I really liked the five Special Episodes~ Gates I thought was pretty alright, but could've done with more starters. Maybe my third favourite, with the first ones at the bottom (I replayed it recently and the story bit is alright, but not a fan of the post-game where suddenly the two Pokemon you start with lose their importance/specialness, just acting as any other Pokemon)
I'd be well up for a new Mystery Dungeon, especially if we get a Switch one~

Whilst I'd like another Colosseum, for spin-offs, I'd also like to see another Rumble - though, in the style of the original or Super(Blast/Scramble for non-PAL regions, I believe?), rather than World or U. I think it'd work well for Switch, especially with the multiplayer aspect and the Joy-Cons being a good controller for it.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:41 am

I can't choose... I loved both pmd and the shadow Pokémon series (XD and colleseum).

I don't really care for the newer explorer/mystery dungeon game... I don't like the new villain themes they've been using in side games, not being able to name your recruits, or that they got rid of the receiving missions in the mail.

If they make a new one I won't be getting it unless they include at least nicknaming and mail/billboard missions. I didn't enjoy the end half of super and the aftergame was pretty boring.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby regigigas » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:54 am

explorers of sky was my first ds game as a whole.. i love the pmd series so much
though poor [insert age here] me didn't know how to work a ds, and my squirtle got the name 'aTTa'. i've never reset the game, too! i actually bought another copy of sky a year back for the sake of replaying it uuuu

i think that i enjoyed sky as much as i enjoy the main games, but i can't say the same for the more recent mystery dungeon ones. i haven't beaten gates to infinity because i can't beat a certain boss fight and uuuuu. super was pretty good imo but i miss the older ones

Imagechess
she/they/he
inactive, please don't offer on pets

regigigas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:27 pm

My first side game I want to say is Pokemon Snap. I was also pretty bomb at Hey You Pikachu.

Although my favorite is probably the PMD series or the Gamecube RPGs. The Gamecube RPGs have so much horror potential I'm sad they got kinda lost.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:34 pm

My first side game was super mystery dungeon, and my first actual Pokémon game was B2 Haha

Hey, isn't there this fantasy-themed spinoff game? How is it?
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mew5522 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:35 pm

My first actuall pokemon game was heartgold, so I was so excited when they realeased gold and silver in nintendo eshop :D
Mew5522

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Ahh, heartgold is awesome. My parents had to pay a hundred dollars for it {God I feel so bad} but It's amazing. I'm still not done with it, but my one problem is that my cartridge is loose and has to be held in a certain way or the game will crash c';
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:45 pm

O_O A $100 for HG!? I know the old DS games from good Nintendo series like Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda go for a lot of money, but I've never seen a used copy of HG/SS for that much! They don't even go for half that! I gave up a bunch of my old games, including Platinum, Diamond, SS, and Explorers of Sky and used the credit to buy Ultra Moon, and later pay for part of my Switch.

Also, is it just me or do video games get increasingly easy as time goes on? I understand that Nintendo wants to appeal to the younger generation by making their games easier, but at the same time, they're losing appeal with the long-time fans. Pokemon FireRed was my first Pokemon game, and while I did get frustrated along the way, all that frustration made beating the game that much more satisfying. I occasionally would rage quit when I was faced with a powerful trainer, but I always got back on and thought up of a strategy, followed by hours of grinding against both wild Pokemon and VS Seeker. But as the series continued, particularly when Gen VI came out, the games were incredibly easy and had very little post-game content. RBY had no post-game content for a reason, they were the first games, there was no National Pokedex, no Battle challenges, so there was no need for post-game content. B//W/B2/W2 had minimal post-game content, but enough to satisfy me. XY had absolutely no post-game content other than the Battle Mansion and Friend Safari, which wasn't really something we hadn't seen in previous games. ORAS's Delta Episode was barely enough to satisfy me, and it wasn't really original. SM had absolutely nothing that impressed me after I'd beaten the game. The UB quests felt more like a chore than amusement, and an easy chore at that. It's incredibly easy to draw out the Ultra Beasts, put a Pokemon that's not a higher level than the UB in the area, but higher than all the normal Pokemon at the front of your party, use a Repel of any sort, UB is the only Pokemon that will appear. I haven't beaten USUM, since I've been focused on beating Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 ever since I got my Switch on Thanksgiving Day(It was worse than any of my Black Friday shopping experiences, my family actually held off dinner until we got back), and I haven't watched any play throughs, since I want to be surprised at things, and while I'm not normally a completionist, I'm trying to at least beat the records on the Mantine Surfing Spots, and so far I've beaten the ones on Melemele, Akala, and Ula'ula. I'm starting to ramble, but the point is, in my opinion, video games were much harder back in the early 2000's and that's what made it fun. Nintendo is focusing too much on smoke and mirrors to entice us into their games instead of the actual challenge of beating the game. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is an exception for me, since it was not made by Nintendo, it's just been ported onto the Switch. What are your opinions, do you prefer a difficult game with less pizzazz, or an easier game with more pizzazz?
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:30 am

Rin ;v; wrote:My first side game was super mystery dungeon, and my first actual Pokémon game was B2 Haha

Hey, isn't there this fantasy-themed spinoff game? How is it?

Ohh do you mean Pokémon Conquest? I got that a few days after it came out, and I really need to get back into it. The game is very fun and I LOVE the turn based almost board game kinda style of it. I would definitely recommend it! It only has up to gen 5 Pokémon tho (I think it was released in 2012)
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me