✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | {31/1/16} | ✿

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:53 pm

Code: Select all
[b]What console Pokemon game would you like to see Nintendo make a Switch port for?[/b]

What console Pokemon game would you like to see Nintendo make a Switch port for?

I'd personally love to see either ports for Coliseum/XD, or a new game at least
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Where has this thread been for the whole year i've been on CS

Postby mal du pays » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 pm

i posted like yesterday about continuing my hunt for shiny suicune n its currently 2 am but
i got it!! :D 1522 resets goodness me. It has flawless speed!! <3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and speaks.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 am

Congrats Takura. !!!! I'm getting close to 5000 SRs for my shiny Poipole, I literally spent probably 60% of my weekend (including hours i slept) resetting, and I still don't have it >.< At this point I just want it before christmas ughhh

What console Pokemon game would you like to see Nintendo make a Switch port for?

XD: Gale of Darkness, definitely! That would be really cool :>

What do you all think of an open-world Pokemon game? As in, something sort of 3rd person Minecraft style, where it's just a big free-roam around the region? I guess my best comparison would be LoZ: Breath of the Wild. I really don't want that imo. Pokemon is supposed to be a relatively linear "top-down" view game, where you can explore and do what you want after you beat the main story. I don't really want to see that change.

Also I heard a theory the the main-series Switch Pokemon game is supposed to be a series reboot? I mean, this is a theory/rumor with nothing to back it up, but I thought it might make for some interesting discussion. Essentially, it said that all of the Pokemon prior to the Switch game (i.e. Noibat, Lumineon, Maractus, Mantine, Ampharos, etc.) would be left to the handhelds (which would have no games after USUM), with a select few super popular pokemon being carried over to the reboot (i.e. Pikachu, Mewtwo, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, probably the pseudos, etc.). The reboot would take place in a completely revamped Kanto that basically wasn't even Kanto anymore, with about 200 or so completely new Pokemon to start off this brand new era of Pokemon. It would be in that LoZ:BotW style, with Kanto being hugely expanded upon so that routes take 2 hours to get through rather than 5 minutes, and everything is scaled more to that of an actual region of the world.
My opinion? I hate this. I never think Game Freak/TPC would put all of there Pokemon on the handhelds on the handhelds forever, and I like the regions being smaller than reasonable because it just works. I love the style Pokemon has going right now, and a change as big as this could be devastating for the series. Don't get me wrong, I'd still buy it (Yeah, even if I don't like a Pokemon game, I'll still get it, I can't help myself oTL), but it would feel so... wrong? I really want to hear what everyone else thinks of this though. Please remember, none of this is canon, none of this has any info to back it up, none of this is final or even hinted at. This is 100% community speculation, theories, and the "very reliable" 4chan rumors. I just thought it was interesting!
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raikki » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:31 am

@PikaPerfect
I swear to god if they did that I’d probably leave the franchise, and stay on the handhelds. I’m hoping that they’re moving to the switch simply because they need more space, not because they want to drastically change the games.
However, that sounds really unlikely. I don’t think they’d leave behind all their previous things after over 20 years.
I’m just hoping they don’t change things too much. Please. Don’t wreck my childhood
Check out my art shop
Raikki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:20 am

I think it's more likely they will start redesigning them like they did with alolan forms but where you don't have a choice. Aka if you transfer it it turns into the new form. They need to figure something out though. They can't have over 2000+ Pokémon, casuals would never finish collecting them all.

And honestly I'd love an open world Pokémon game. My favorite aspect of Pokémon is exploring, and being free to go wherever I wanted would make me so happy. Can you imagine exploring a mountain just taking pictures of pidgey/catching larvatar or whatever and all of a sudden you see rayquaza descend down from the heavens? Or maybe actually being able to fly around on a charizard s back. I'd cry tears of joy. :"D

There was actually a minecraft mod for adding Pokémon to it on pc. It was actually super fun even though it pretty much made minecraft super slow on my computer. Raising up a pidgey or charmander to be able to fly was so rewarding.

If they did do it they aren't going to make crossing a route take two hours... that just sounds ridiculous. I think if they made the world bigger they would create a way to fast travel once you've been to a place.

I doubt they do it though.... maybe for a spinoff game.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:09 am

To be honest I'd love an open world pokemon, I imagine it would be terrific.
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Death&Ruin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:17 am

I don't like the idea of a reboot at all, and frankly, it doesn't make much sense, either. Why would they leave behind the makings of 20 years, especially if there's no good reason to do so? Rebooting the series sounds like a very dangerous move that might scare off the fans and kill the franchise instead of keeping it alive. I don't think there's a need for a reboot, anyway. Yes, they have to come up with something, because, as RWBY Rose said, they can't just keep adding more and more and more Pokémon. Well, I mean they could, but I think that even they know that the amount of Pokémon they have now is already pretty ridiculous, and that at some point a cut has to be made. Instead of rebooting the franchise, I feel like a good idea would be to change up the gameplay a little!

You know what I would love to see? A Pokémon game where you play as a member of a villanous organisation. Instead of getting the starter Pokémon from a professor, you'd steal it from someone and stealing Pokémon would be a way to get Pokémon, next to catching wild ones of course. The stolen Pokémon woudn't always obey you, at least at first, depending on how close they were to their original owner and maybe their level. But over time they would start to trust you and work with you, kinda like traded Pokémon! I kind of love the idea of you as the protagonist realizing at some point that your organization's goals (which would be something fanatic like creating a new world or smth) are actually ... Not So Good™ and you would start to turn against your organisation and try to destroy it from the inside and foil its plans. And once you destroyed the organisation and saved the world, it'd be your choice whether you want to return the stolen Pokémon.
Now THAT would be cool.

Or what about a game where there isn't just one definite ending? What if the choices you made would actually affect you and the story? You start as a normal kid who just got their first Pokémon, like in every other game, but you don't have to become the champion. You can of course, but it's just one of the possible outcomes. You could just as well become a Pokémon Professor, a breeder, a star, member of an evil team, etc., maybe even two of these at once, depending on the choices you make in the game. And obvioulsy the story would be different every time. I feel like that'd be an interesting concept!

I don't think we'll ever get games like these, though :') But still, I'd love it if Pokémon games would go in a different direction than the one we're used to! It'd definitely spice the series up a little imo.
Death&Ruin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:31 am

Oh boy, i successfully sparked conversation :'D

Raikki wrote:@PikaPerfect
I swear to god if they did that I’d probably leave the franchise, and stay on the handhelds. I’m hoping that they’re moving to the switch simply because they need more space, not because they want to drastically change the games.
However, that sounds really unlikely. I don’t think they’d leave behind all their previous things after over 20 years.
I’m just hoping they don’t change things too much. Please. Don’t wreck my childhood

Exactly. There are just too many risks for them to do something like that, although, now that you mention it, I'd love to see what they do with all the new space on a Switch cartridge! (y'know, as long as it's not turning the game into an open world >_>)

RWBY Rose wrote:I think it's more likely they will start redesigning them like they did with alolan forms but where you don't have a choice. Aka if you transfer it it turns into the new form. They need to figure something out though. They can't have over 2000+ Pokémon, casuals would never finish collecting them all.

And honestly I'd love an open world Pokémon game. My favorite aspect of Pokémon is exploring, and being free to go wherever I wanted would make me so happy. Can you imagine exploring a mountain just taking pictures of pidgey/catching larvatar or whatever and all of a sudden you see rayquaza descend down from the heavens? Or maybe actually being able to fly around on a charizard s back. I'd cry tears of joy. :"D

There was actually a minecraft mod for adding Pokémon to it on pc. It was actually super fun even though it pretty much made minecraft super slow on my computer. Raising up a pidgey or charmander to be able to fly was so rewarding.

If they did do it they aren't going to make crossing a route take two hours... that just sounds ridiculous. I think if they made the world bigger they would create a way to fast travel once you've been to a place.

I doubt they do it though.... maybe for a spinoff game.

Oh, you mean Pixelmon! I love that mod so much lol I definitely wouldn't mind an open world Pokemon spin-off game, that would be awesome, I just don't want the main series to be like that. Don't get me wrong, I love open world games, I just don't like the thought of that as the future of Pokemon, Like I said though, a spin-off in that style would be amazing! (And yes, the route thing is outrageous, I was just using the example I heard lol)

Death&Ruin wrote:I don't like the idea of a reboot at all, and frankly, it doesn't make much sense, either. Why would they leave behind the makings of 20 years, especially if there's no good reason to do so? Rebooting the series sounds like a very dangerous move that might scare off the fans and kill the franchise instead of keeping it alive. I don't think there's a need for a reboot, anyway. Yes, they have to come up with something, because, as RWBY Rose said, they can't just keep adding more and more and more Pokémon. Well, I mean they could, but I think that even they know that the amount of Pokémon they have now is already pretty ridiculous, and that at some point a cut has to be made. Instead of rebooting the franchise, I feel like a good idea would be to change up the gameplay a little!

You know what I would love to see? A Pokémon game where you play as a member of a villanous organisation. Instead of getting the starter Pokémon from a professor, you'd steal it from someone and stealing Pokémon would be a way to get Pokémon, next to catching wild ones of course. The stolen Pokémon woudn't always obey you, at least at first, depending on how close they were to their original owner and maybe their level. But over time they would start to trust you and work with you, kinda like traded Pokémon! I kind of love the idea of you as the protagonist realizing at some point that your organization's goals (which would be something fanatic like creating a new world or smth) are actually ... Not So Good™ and you would start to turn against your organisation and try to destroy it from the inside and foil its plans. And once you destroyed the organisation and saved the world, it'd be your choice whether you want to return the stolen Pokémon.
Now THAT would be cool.

Or what about a game where there isn't just one definite ending? What if the choices you made would actually affect you and the story? You start as a normal kid who just got their first Pokémon, like in every other game, but you don't have to become the champion. You can of course, but it's just one of the possible outcomes. You could just as well become a Pokémon Professor, a breeder, a star, member of an evil team, etc., maybe even two of these at once, depending on the choices you make in the game. And obvioulsy the story would be different every time. I feel like that'd be an interesting concept!

I don't think we'll ever get games like these, though :') But still, I'd love it if Pokémon games would go in a different direction than the one we're used to! It'd definitely spice the series up a little imo.

That sounds AWESOME. I would love to see that happen! It's a big enough change that it would be new, but it would also close enough to the original that it wouldn't make too many people upset :')
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:50 am

I like the idea of an open world Pokemon, but only if they did it right. Maybe not to the scale of Breath of the Wild, that would be way too much. As for a reboot though, I am pretty sure I would hate the heck out of that. I would rather see a different concept of the games, like as someone mentioned the villains or something else, perhaps? I don't know. But the idea of a 'reboot' just doesn't seem right to me, not after playing it from basically the beginning of Pokemon.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me