❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby JK341 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:03 am

been way too long since ive stopped by here aa!

Over the weekend i had to bring this big guy back inside because if the 40F nights we have been having. I think it gained another 8" of growth over the summer
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghostplops » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:46 am

@J-and-K341 That's a beautiful tree!! Would love to know what it is.

It must have been fate to see this thread on the homepage the day I log in! I am absolutely a plant-a-holic... I've accumulated quite a few since the lockdown stuff started. Here are a few of my houseplants today just to share!

Username: Ghostplops
Nickname{s}: Bea
Favourite plant: This is a hard one to narrow down... Plus sometimes it's fair to say it changes! I'd say Echeveria as a whole genus is a favorite, lately I've been into Tillandsia (Air Plants), and my favorite specific plant I have is probably a Monstera Deliciosa!

i love plants

Dracaena Lemon Surprise

Aglaonema Lady Valentine

Monstera Deliciosa (Recently moved it to the bedroom!)
Ghostplops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:09 am

@Ghostplops

aaa those are gorgeous! I especially love the pink one. the big fella i have is a norfolk island pine that i got a few years ago when the stores set them out for the holiday season. ^^
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby Tanjiro » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:11 am

@CosmicYaz - hiii welcome!
      @J-and-K341 - Woahhhh your norfolk island pine is so big & beautiful! What a cutie! I have a really hard time keeping pine alive (perhaps it's the Pine Beetle problem we have in our state), so I'm really impressed with how big & green it is! You are amazing
      @Ghostplops - aaaAAAAAAAA they're all so cute! I have a soft spot for monsters & your bby is so big! I'm quite jealous >:3 Your Aglaonema Lady Valentine & Dracaena Lemon Surprise are so pretty too! I really like their colors :0

Long post ahead! Sorry but this thread makes me so excited :<

I wanted to hop in to share some pics of my citrus bbys!
      My boyfriend & I made our plants into how we interpreted them as people on Picrew & it was really fun! (we r the type of people to name all our plants LOLLL) But ya I def recommend if you're bored ;0 Since we're extra we printed them out on Polaroids & here they are:

JuXian - My first orange tree! She's a Miho Wase Mandarin & she's an absolute princess. I named her after the badass gal in one of my favorite classic films Farewell My Concubine, Juxian. My mom explained to me that her name meant orange princess (Ju - orange Xian - Princess), but I may be wrong. Picrew credit here
      ImageImage

Baby - He's a Midknight Valencia Orange, a South African variety of the Valencia orange who is more prone to copper deficiency & slow-growing. I really hesitated buying these kinds of oranges just because they yield less oranges (but in turn bigger & better oranges!) but baby was just so small & cute I decided that I was going to love him regardless! Picrew made here
      ImageImage

Isosceles - A calamondin citrus tree, their fruits are quite sour & the peel is sweet, like kumquats but bigger! Unfortunately, he is still in transit so he doesn't get here until tomorrow, but I based his character off of my boyfriend who named him. If anyone is interested, I got him from Etsy here
      Made here
#1 Kimi fan
Tanjiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:39 am

Currently my bedroom has a parlor palm, red-margined dracaena, some kind of croton, ZZ plant, and some plant I haven't identified yet. I really want a white-lined nerve plant, maidenhair vine, silver dollar vine, African mask plant, Christmas cactus, huernia plant, and purple velvet plant.
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:23 am

can someone maybe help me?
I have this pretty boy but his leaves are drying out. All two days I have to rip them out/they fall off. I don't know what is wrong with him because I can't see any bugs or something. I know that he doesn't need to be wateres that much anyway and it feels so wrong to not water him while his leaves turn brown. I don't know. How do I take care of him? Is it a winter thing?
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:44 am

Klain wrote:
can someone maybe help me?
I have this pretty boy but his leaves are drying out. All two days I have to rip them out/they fall off. I don't know what is wrong with him because I can't see any bugs or something. I know that he doesn't need to be wateres that much anyway and it feels so wrong to not water him while his leaves turn brown. I don't know. How do I take care of him? Is it a winter thing?

If the watering is already good i would see about increasing the humidity around the plant, a lot of tropical house plants can be finicky about dry indoor air and their leaves suffer from it. Perhaps see about setting a tray of water nearby / at the base of the plant, or misting the leaves a couple times a day. Or even if you have one of those cold mist humidifiers lying around that would be absolutely perfect to set near it! ^^ Hope that this will help out! <3
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:00 am

thank you so much. I am going to try to misting the leaves !

To be honest I thought a while about getting a humidifiers but I don't know if I could harm my other plants with it. Most of my plants aren't that water needy. Do you maybe know when it makes sens to buy one? :3c
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:30 am

Klain wrote:
thank you so much. I am going to try to misting the leaves !

To be honest I thought a while about getting a humidifiers but I don't know if I could harm my other plants with it. Most of my plants aren't that water needy. Do you maybe know when it makes sens to buy one? :3c

ooo that does make it tricky, in that case i may would just stick with the misting leaves with water method, or the tray of water at the base of the plant, that way the other more hardy plants don't get overloaded with it, too. c:
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby [dys]functional » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:54 am

aha, i haven't posted here in forever :')

anyway, i've been keeping succulents and some cacti for just over a year now! recently expanded my collection to include some tropical indoor plants, air plants, some produce propagations, and soon-to-be morning glories for the balcony! currently, I've got over 50 plants, most of which are echeveria <3

first winter indoors was rough but i got it mostly figured out haha. now that spring is here and i have enough space (knowledge & resources too tbh), i started on my succulent props. i've tried doing a few here and there beforehand just to kinda experiment, but i'm confident my harvest will be pretty decent this time around. i've got a good tray of em, and not too long ago had success in separating offsets/pups from some haworthia & my first air plant!
┌─┐

└─┘
x
x
┌────────────┐

DYS | CYN | AZ
he/they
autistic adult
genderqueer
pronouns

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐