❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby Kou. » Fri May 24, 2019 6:44 am

Haven’t posted here in a while! Was Faf, back when I joined (page 64). Anyway, nice to see that everyone’s plants are doing well.

Bit excited at the moment. My biggest Aloe has a flower stalk. Not blooming yet, but it will, hopefully. The plant itself is looking a bit woebegone at the moment, since it fell off the table twice, and some of the leaves broke off, but otherwise it’s doing ok. Two of the pups it produced last year are growing really well, and have produced their own pups. Need to find more pots/places to put them now!

Photo of the flower stalk;
Iketeru is an innocent bean who needs to be protected from all the bad things in the world.

Kou. English. Probably older than you. Tired all the time.
Kou.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon.enthusiast » Fri May 24, 2019 6:47 am

succulents are amazing
they're so cute and easy to have

why do I love them so much
pardon me i'm a little horse

carrddappervolkflight risingcompleted hoards
pigeon.enthusiast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Fri May 24, 2019 10:12 am

Replies:

@IndigoDreams
I do sometimes but I do not know how to get it onto a computer from a phone..

@J-and-K341
That is a lot of growth in just 8 days! Also, that meme is very relateable. Whenever I enter a plant shop I can't help but want to buy another plant. And then it's my mind deciding whether to do it or not..

@AtlasHyperion
Congrats on getting a new plant! If you do some research (It's what I usually do once I get a new plant) on how to take care of the succulents maybe you could find some tips and information!

@Kou.
Congrats on getting a flower stalk for your aloe! Hopefully it blooms soon!

Other than that, some news on my plants! My elephant's bush bottom leaves have fallen off but the ones above it seems to be doing fine. I do not know if this is normal or a sign that I need to do something. Any explanation or tips would be helpful!

I'm also glad everyone's plants are doing well! My herbs have also grown a lot since I last spoke about them.
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kou. » Sun May 26, 2019 4:37 am

@galaxymouse - did some searching on why the leaves might being falling off. Looks like overwatering/underwatering/soil issues or changes in temp/light/humidity can cause leaves to drop. I don’t have an elephant bush, so can’t help you with tips, but might it be one of those issues?

Got two new plants today. Both succulents. Still learning to identify succulents, but I think one is an Echeveria. It’s the dark green one I’m stuck on. The leaves have a rough surface, and are quite fleshy. Leaf edges are very slightly serrated.

Photo:
Iketeru is an innocent bean who needs to be protected from all the bad things in the world.

Kou.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Sun May 26, 2019 5:02 am

@Kou.

Do you know what type of succulent the one on the left of the photo is? It looks like the one I recently got but I don't know what it's called.
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kou. » Sun May 26, 2019 5:19 am

@AtlasHyperion- the one with the red-edged leaves? It’s a Echeveria of some sort, I think.

Kou.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Wed May 29, 2019 8:06 am

Replies:
@Kou.
I looked up why they were falling off, and it said if the leaves were shriveled it was probably because of underwatering. The leaves that had fallen off were shriveled, so I realized I wasn't watering it enough, so I gave it enough water and hopefully it will recover. Thank you for the tips on what I should do. Congrats on the new succulents, I think the dark green one is a Gasteria, but I'm not sure.

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kou. » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:49 pm

@galaxymouse - Found out the dark green one is a Gasteraloe.

Kou.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jodjo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:42 am

hello friends!!
@AtlasHyperion
ive got some tips for you!! the thinner leaves (the ones furthest away from the viewer in the picture) are a species of echeveria!!
in general, at the very least water the succulent when the leaves wrinkle a little. its better to underwater than to over water, so if youre not sure, then dont water them. not sure if your teacher gave you some tips on propagating, but from what i know, you may wanna get a spritzer or something to keep the soil moist. its usually best to give your succulent a smaller pot than a bigger pot; this helps with over watering. and usually, it doesn't matter the pot type. if you get a realllly tiny terra cotta pot and place the succulents by the window, you may have to water them every few days. just check for the soil being super dry!
help this helps :)

my plant life has been pretty crazy haha. havent been able to care for my plants as much as id like to as im nearing the end of the school year (finally!!) but plants dont seem to mind!
except for Thursday, when i came home and my fittonia was completely limp haha. very dramatic, she was fine after a nice watering :)
besides from that, my marmilla cactus grew a flower crown!! i unfortunately do not have any pictures, and about half of the crown is still flowering. but that was really exciting! and my earth science teacher was moving on a few of her plants, so she let me take this prettyyy big zz plant home. its not giant or anything, but a lot bigger than im used to!! (i may have to split it up a bit; its in a big ol pot).
hello! u can call me jo!
i am an adult!
activity is sporadic

talk to me about:
- my little pony
- precure / magical girls
- toy collecting

i don't bite!
trade me!
Jodjo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:20 am

@Jodjo

Thanks for the advice!
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me