❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby IndigoDreams » Wed May 01, 2019 11:02 am

@Jodjo
I love begonias! I only have one but it's one of my favorite plants, it's a Rex begonia and it's so stunning. I actually just noticed that it put out some buds, super excited for the flower!
IndigoDreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Wed May 01, 2019 11:08 am

Replies:

@lesbian
Thanks for the tips, seems we are both beginners at caring for this plant! My string of pearls is in a pot with well draining soil and a drainage hole at the bottom, so I don't have to worry about overwatering too much.

@Fall out boy
Welcome! Succulents are one of my favorites too but I don't know how to care for them yet.

@IndigoDreams
Thank you for the tips on string of pearls! I will keep them in mind as I check and care for the one I have.
Hoya ropes, I didn't know what those were so I looked them up. They are funky little plants, and I sort of like them! Thank you for introducing me to this kind of plant.

@Jodjo
Congrats on Wug growing and getting new plants, your cactus has definitely made a lot of progress! I'm glad you also found out some new things about your cactus! I hope your peace lily recovers!

@vogelbiene
Congrats on your new finds, those cacti and your succulent are very cool! I like the arrangement they are in, but moving them to a bigger pot will help them grow and not get cramped, so I'm glad to hear your plans!
I'm sorry about uni, I also hope that she will survive so you can bring her with you soon!

@J-and-K341
Such pretty flowers! I'm glad your Eastern Bluestar is finally blooming!

Jodjo wrote:what are your dream plants right now? it can be a species (like hoya or pothos!!) or a specific plant!

Ooh, very hard to pick but I do want some easy to care for plants, such as a spider plant or a Pilea peperomioides! I'm more focused on the plants I currently have right now, though!

My String of Pearls seems to be doing better on my windowsill and since I learned I was overwatering it and did some research to help that! Small pearls started growing and I am really excited to see some growth on them. My Jade Plant also is growing a leaf, currently very small at the moment, so I think they are pretty good for now!
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jodjo » Thu May 02, 2019 7:28 am

@J-and-K341
dang!! im sorry that species isn't real :( like you said, who knows, maybe someday it'll be a real flower!! and speaking of flowers, your Eastern Bluestar is absolutely stunning! that color is seriously gorgeous, and holy cow its huge haha.

IndigoDreams
ahh yes rex begonia!! if you are able, id love to see a picture of the flower sometime :) i dont think ive even seen a flowering begonia!! and i think when i get a begonia, it'll probably be a rex begonia because its more common. i really can't wait though!! ahh i just love that shiny/soft leaf with all the beautiful colors! :)

galaxymouse
haha i get it!! even though i dont have too many plants, with three of them being succulents, i still feel like some plant always needs something!! and im so proud of your string of pearls and jade plant :) that is so cool that they're growing!! i get so excited when i notice new growth

a few updates, even though its only been a day haha
i noticed that one of the new leaves on my peace lily is actually another flower!!! i think it'll take some time for it to bloom, especially since the other flowers that are already,, i dont quite know the word, but they have flowered but haven't bloomed? and are kinda taking their time! which i respect, i'm just slightly impatient haha. i was also wondering, if you have plants that love humidity, do you mist/how often do you mist them? i have my fittonia and my peace lily next to each other so they can transpire and kinda enjoy each other's humidity, but without having a humidifier, what other things do you do to make sure your plants are getting enough,, (again, not sure if this is the right word!!) water vapor?
hello! u can call me jo!
i am an adult!
activity is sporadic

talk to me about:
- my little pony
- precure / magical girls
- toy collecting

i don't bite!
trade me!
Jodjo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Thu May 02, 2019 10:42 am

Replies:
@Jodjo
Thank you! I also get excited as well. I would probably use a mister often to make sure that the area is humid, if the day is actually humid I will not use a mister. Also, congrats on finding flowers on your peace lily!

Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apartmentcat » Thu May 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Username: apartmentcat
Nickname{s}: KT
Favourite plant: succulents & cacti; trees; most flowering plants :)
i love plants

Hello!
apartmentcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jodjo » Sat May 04, 2019 7:08 am

@galaxymouse
thank you so much for the tip!! i really appreciate it. i dont have any advice for string of pearls though :(

@apartmentcat
welcome!! id love to know if you have any plants, or even see them if you want to share some pictures!!

i dont know if any of you have a peace lily, but man they are drama queens haha. mine told me it needs a water because overnight the thing went limp!! i think i was over misting it because some of the leaves were turning a little yellow and were a little limp even without needing a drink. id love to know how your plant "speaks" to you!!
hello! u can call me jo!
i am an adult!
activity is sporadic

talk to me about:
- my little pony
- precure / magical girls
- toy collecting

i don't bite!
trade me!
Jodjo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Thu May 09, 2019 10:59 pm

@jodjo as galaxymouse said misters are great for increasing humidity (they're what i use!), but i've also heard of people using trays of pebbles full of water to increase humidity - the pebbles ensure the the pot isn't touching the water so you dont end up with root rot/overwatering & then the natural process of standing water evaporating increases the humidity around the plant!

Oh my gosh your peace lily sounds funny, plants are melodramatic sometimes haha - its so interesting to learn their "body" language!

@galaxymouse all plants are different, and so are our climates but i assume that so long as you ensure the soil is allowed to dry out between waterings you should be fine (you can check if the soil is dry by putting your finger into the soil & feeling for moisture, or you could buy one of those moisture meters for plants that i've seen going around - though my finger has always worked just fine!)

@apartmentcat welcome to the thread! ^v^
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IndigoDreams » Fri May 10, 2019 11:15 am

Does anybody else take progress pictures of your plants? I was scrolling through my photo gallery and noticed a picture of my string of pearls from August and I was surprised at how much mine has grown since then!
IndigoDreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:56 pm

@IndigoDreams: oh my, i thought i was the only one that did that, i don't feel so alone anymore. ^^ I'm snapping pictures of my garden progress pretty much every other week, hehe! And you're right, it can be really amazing looking at the differences even just between that short amount of time depending on the plant. c:

My little patch of turnip greens for example

And the same patch of greens 8 days later

Edit: oh goodness, i found the most hilarious meme that i know all of us here can totally relate to! :lol:

Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Wed May 22, 2019 5:43 am

Julius Treesar! A gift from my Latin teacher, cuttings from her succulents. I was so hyped to be a Plant Daddy that I forgot the little tidbit of information that I have no idea how to take care of a succulent. All the houseplants I have are regular-looking plants (I know, I'm so out of my league), and I haven't the faintest what I'm supposed to do to keep Treesar alive.

I'm intending for Treesar to be an indoor desk succulent by my window, where it'll get sunlight whenever it needs it and will also be out of reach of pets who might knock it over or try to eat it. The house is always between 66 and 76 degrees F. I don't know, however, what kind of pot is ideal - I don't even know what two succulents are in there - or how often I should water it and how much sunlight it needs. Any tips are greatly appreciated!
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me