❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby lesbian » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 pm

@J-and-K341 haha, her approval ran out once she realised it wasn't edible! im so sorry that you lost your bonsai, i totally think you should give it another shot, if nothing else its always a fun challenge!! & wow, those chives!!! im glad your garden is doing well, i hope it continues as the season progresses!!

@galaxymouse ah, sadly im also pretty new to caring for my string of pearls so may not be the best to help out, but from my research it seems these dudes appreciate being able to dry out, free-draining soil & bright but indirect light! (hope that helps!) best of luck!! (and thank you for the well wishes!)
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IndigoDreams » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:20 pm

I've had my string of pearls since last summer and have experience some trial and error so maybe my experience will help a bit. When I first got mine I treated it like other succulents with light and little water, direct light is definitely not the way to go, it causes the pearls to dry up. And while they don't like being damp, mine actually like more water than I initially believed they would. They've been thriving since I started watering them a bit more and found a spot where they get bright indirect light. It's also a good idea to turn them occasionally so all the strings won't grow in just one direction. It's a very pretty plant but definitely requires testing to find out which conditions it thrives in.
Also stopped by my local nursery the other day and was very excited to find a variegated hoya rope plant.
IndigoDreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

member form ♡

Postby x__x » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:17 pm

xxxxxusername fall out boy
xxxxxnickname{s} trin, trinity
xxxxxfavourite plant anything that flowers, esp. succulents !!
i love plants
xxxxx.xxxxImage.Image
xx.xxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxImage
x__x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby x__x » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:24 pm

IndigoDreams wrote:I've had my string of pearls since last summer and have experience some trial and error so maybe my experience will help a bit. When I first got mine I treated it like other succulents with light and little water, direct light is definitely not the way to go, it causes the pearls to dry up. And while they don't like being damp, mine actually like more water than I initially believed they would. They've been thriving since I started watering them a bit more and found a spot where they get bright indirect light. It's also a good idea to turn them occasionally so all the strings won't grow in just one direction. It's a very pretty plant but definitely requires testing to find out which conditions it thrives in.
Also stopped by my local nursery the other day and was very excited to find a variegated hoya rope plant.

xxxxxthank you a lot for this !! i'm a baby
xxxxxto taking care of succulents
xxxxx(and plants in general) and want
xxxxxa string of pearls, so this was super helpful :^))

xxxxxcongrats on your find !!
x__x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jodjo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:24 am

hello friends!! ive been quite inactive on chicken smoothie in general, but especially this thread for quite some time. hoping to jump back in!!

@lesbian;
i hope your little bonsai friend thrives!! i used to bonsai trees around my grocery store (that has some plants, but mainly flowers) but now i feel like i dont seem them anymore. kinda sad!! they're so pretty :)

@J-and-K341;
your chives are so beautiful!! so cool that you planted them for the bees haha. my grandparents have some lavender and come summer time, its not hard to find a big ol bee rolling around in the lavender!! i love bees from inside, but i do have to admit i am slightly scared of them even though i try not to be haha.

@everyone
so!! a veryyyyyy long time ago i posted a picture with my cactus, wug!! right here if you're interested!!
he has grown a lot!! not too long ago he flowered again :) the flowers dont last very long, but they make me so proud!! and i also found out that these little red/pinkish tubes growing off of him a while ago were FRUITS!!! my cactus makes fruits haha!! im not gonna try and eat them, but it makes me so excited that he can do that.

updates on my other plants, too: i got 3 new plants recently!! one is a purple echeveria, not quite sure about the scientific name. i also got a nerve plant/a fittonia with pink nerves!!! its currently flowering :) i literally just got it saturday haha. last but not least, i got a really nice peace lily!! i decided to choose one that hadnt bloomed yet. (in pictures, it may seem a little droopy. it does that!! i just watered it!) i got it from the aforementioned grocery store, and im so glad i did, because i went to lowes on saturday and the peace lilies all seemed so hurt :( thats kinda the issue with big box stores i guess!!
i recently moved my lucky bamboo to a different spot!! also, realized i was giving it too much water, so i now only put enough to cover the roots. i think its doing really well. its even growing some new leaves (seen in pictures :))!!
lastly, i accidently killed my aloe vera :( i realized i was over watering it wayyy too much and that it was getting scorched, so i tried repotting vera but she just fell apart!! definitely have learned my lesson about water and will be looking forward to trying again with a new aloe vera some time in the future!!:)

sorry for that word vomit!! last thing hehe. i realized i was missing out on a whole world of plants on youtube!!! i was introduced to rubber trees, and i was perusing the internet yesterday i found variegated rubber plants, and my goodness, are they some beautiful plants. i suggest to look them up if you havent seen them before!! i currently dont like spending more than ~$8 on plants espcially since i tend to not treat them the best, and this plant is a little above that price range, but i think theyre my dream plant right now!!
what are your dream plants right now? it can be a species (like hoya or pothos!!) or a specific plant!
(let me know if im breaking any rules by posting this whole thing!! i dont know if its considered spam!)
hello! u can call me jo!
i am an adult!
activity is sporadic

talk to me about:
- my little pony
- precure / magical girls
- toy collecting

i don't bite!
trade me!
Jodjo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:01 pm

@indigodreams congratulations on the find, im really fond of hoya carnosa compactas, theyre super cute, though im not sure if the hoya trend has reached the uk yet since ive not seen them here? (i do live in a pretty isolated area though) also thanks for the advice about string of pearls plants?

@fall out boy welcome trinity, string of pearls are real cute so i hope you'll be able to get one!!

@jodjo hey! welcome back! (i actually remember wug!!! glad to see it's still doing well!) wow that purple echeveria is so cool looking! the others are pretty too but especially that lily!! (my favourite part about lillys is their foliage! man, variegated rubber plants are pretty, i can see why they're your dream plant right now.

what are your dream plants right now?

I have a rather long list of plants I would really like right now but I'll narrow it down to my absolute top three: asplendium nidum (bird's nest fern - ESPECIALLY VARIEGATED ONES!), variegated pothos and stephania erecta.

sadly ive had poor luck in the past with actually getting my favourite plants... both times ive got my dream plants (fiddle leaf fig and marbled pothos) i killed them rather quickly so im too nervous to go get any of my dream plants in case i have a repeat of my past luck...
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby cherubim » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:07 pm

@lesbian oooo the birds nest fern is soooo nice... all of your dream plants are gorgeous and I would say good luck getting them if you were hunting for them! I feel that though, many times I grew my own chrysanthemums (one of my fave flowers) and as soon as they get past the seedling phase something always goes wrong and they die :< I feel so bad, so I don't get flowers any more. just succulents and cacti haha! I do hope your luck turns super soon though and you can own your dream plants with no fear!!
        @Jodjo hey friend!! it's great you've become active again, I hope you find nice things to participate in on here! :> wug is beautiful, he is such a good cactus!! the flowers are stunning :'0 he's also so talented!!! a fruitful (hehe) season then~
        oooo your purple echeveria is so nice, the fittonia is stunning too & your peace lily is so pretty, I'm glad you saved them ♡ I can't wait to see them flourish!
        @fall out boy welcome to the thread!! I hope you get your string of pearls soon & enjoy every day with your friend :>

hello everyone! I'm happy to see this thread active ♡ I can't wait to see everyone's babies!!
        I recently purchased a tiny little pot of two different cacti and a succulent (I had the name for her yesterday but do you think I could remember it???) I've named my succulent sylvia, my ladyfinger(?) cactus robin & my other cactus april :> (if you could help me identify their classifications again I'd be eternally grateful!!)
        here they are. I will probably repot them once I get adequate gloves to handle my beautiful cacti girls, so they have room to grow. I saved them from the hardware store, so I hope to give them a good home.
        Unfortunately, during my move from state to state for uni, my poor cactus licia was left at home, where it's cold and now frosty. I can't bring her up again since I'm flying back and forth to visit my family and can't pack her in with my luggage. I can only hope she survives the winter :(
        Also!! I don't have pics but my grandma, (I'm living with her while I go to uni) bought a cute purple orchid from a little roadside plant sale. she named it valerie, after my great grandmother. I think it was sweet and she looks gorgeous!! I plan on getting more plants to add to her garden too, I've never had the luxury of wondering what plants my chickens won't eat :'> i also want some more indoor plants!
x
x
x

┌──────────── (☀) ────────────┐
❝ 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ❞
🕊 wren 🕊 they/she 🕊 sylvain's wife! 🕊
lover of birds, poetry, and fire emblem
take a gander at my writing

└──────────── (☀) ────────────┘
cherubim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IndigoDreams » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:25 pm

Jodjo wrote:what are your dream plants right now? it can be a species (like hoya or pothos!!) or a specific plant!

Oh that's a hard one, I have to say though lately I have been enamored with Begonia maculatas and would adore on for myself. I'm also very interested in getting a Moonshine sansevieria and a peperomia hope
IndigoDreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jodjo » Wed May 01, 2019 12:05 am

@lesbian
i totally understand why you have bird's nest fern closer to the top of your list!! they are so pretty :) i absolutely adore almost any plant that is variegated, but wow ive never seen a variegated bird's nest before, and my that is a stunning plant haha
also, don't give up on your dream plants!! i know especially if the price is higher it can be harder to convince yourself to try it out, but i believe in you :) you're an excellent plant parent!!

@vogelbiene
thank you for the welcome!!! those yellow flowers on him are actually fake, stores will put them on cacti to help them sell better. unfortunately, i dont have any pictures of his real flowers!! and i also can't identify any of your new cacti :( but i believe in licia!! is it inside or outside your house?

@indigodreams
oh my goodness, so that's the name of that plant! i knew it was a begonia but i had no idea what the actual species was haha. love it!! begonias are so pretty, and im definitely planning on getting one, although it may not be that one, soon!

thank you for sharing your dream plants!! please do keep sharing if you havent had a chance yet. i'm learning a bunch of new species!!
hello! u can call me jo!
i am an adult!
activity is sporadic

talk to me about:
- my little pony
- precure / magical girls
- toy collecting

i don't bite!
trade me!
Jodjo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:12 am

@lesbian: thanks for the encouragement, now all i have to do is find a little seedling somewhere in the yard as most japanese maples at the stores are way too big to do anything with. :lol:

@jodjo: glad to see you back with us! ^^ Ive always loved the pink fittonias, although i have never seen one with a flower stalk on it before, neat! As far as dream plants go, it's actually a plant that i found out doesnt even exist! I read somewhere about there being a double bloom blue Coneflower that was supposedly being bred by some kind of place a while ago, but that it wouldn't be released unless they could get it to remain stable and it not try to revert back to the original variety they used to produce it. Turned out to be an april fools prank, darn! :lol: But that doesnt mean that it couldn't happen some day i guess!

Speaking of blue flowers, my Eastern Bluestar is finally blooming for the first time! Not the showiest of displays, but i still love it none the less! <3

Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me