Doctor Who Fanclub!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Doctor Who Fanclub!

Postby love8188 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:59 pm

its a shame Netflix don't have it anymore, It made it really easy to watch what i hadn't got around to buying yet.
love8188

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Doradaisy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:13 am

Hi! My name is Doradaisy. I want to join!

My favorite doctor is: 11
My favorite companion is: Amy & Rory (and I looove River)
My favorite episode is: Vincent and the Doctor
I have watched up to: I stopped watching when the 12th doctor came on, but I am very intrigued by the 13th doctor, so I may pick up the series from there on.
And finally, I am from good ol' Germany :D
I have read the rules and promise to follow them.

Code: Nibblybibbles.

Edit: spelling is fun :'D
she/her | sagittarius | bi
"In 900 years of time and space I've never met anyone
who wasn't important" - Doctor Who
Doradaisy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:13 am

Hi! My name is Steve Rogers. I want to join!

My favorite doctor is: 10
My favorite companion is: River? I don't really know if she technically is a companion though
My favorite episode is: The one with the Vashta Nerada
I have watched up to: I've watched everything besides the 13th doctor's season(s)
And finally, I am from the US
I have read the rules and promise to follow them.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby love8188 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:13 pm

WELCOME

i would say river counts. Did you like river and capaldi's doctor's Christmas episode?
love8188

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:14 am

booklover789 wrote:
parhelia wrote:
    In another attempt to revive this thread, thoughts on the Thirteenth Doctor? I liked the first episode, I think Jodie Whittaker did brilliantly. I loved Capaldi's grumpy old doctor, but the return to the excitable, kindhearted doctor is awesome. I didn't like the next two episodes very much. Rosa was okay, had a few great parts, but most of the dialogue felt forced and the accents were awful.

I am not caught up yet on episodes of Jodie's portrayal of the Doctor, but I've seen the first few episodes. I really love her so far! I'm hoping for the best for the rest of the episodes.

I have seen all of Jodi’s first season and most of the second season. Jodi is fine as an actress and is doing what she can with what she has been given. The writer Chibnall is TERRIBLE. He doesn’t know how to write competently. He is absolutely awful. None of the characters even HAVE characterization... the closest we got to a good episode was “The Tsuranga Conundrum” and “Fugitive of the Judoon.” They introduced Ryan and made him disabled and I truly was hoping for the best to see some good representation, but then his disability just doesn’t even come up again. Ever. It doesn’t have any impact on his character, which is absurd considering a disability is a huge part of someone’s life. The inclusion of the new Master doesn’t make any sense. He just shows up out of no where and is now a man, for some reason??? I don’t object to the change but there needs to be a reason! Also, the whole shrinking people stunt (Tissue Compression Eliminator) was stupid and apparently already been done in Doctor Who in the past - “Deadly Assassin” and “Keeper of Traken” - and while I understand about homages to the past, this Master rips off stuff and doesn’t properly explain what the device is or even what it really does. This whole run has been terrible. Just... terrible. I have given up at this point and won’t be watching anything else Doctor Who related unless Chibnall has nothing to do with it. I was really looking forward to having a female doctor and THIS is the schlock we are given??? Unacceptable.

EDIT: Just saw the finale of Jodi’s most recent season. I am quitting the show. I cannot watch this piece of baloney. Jodi is great. Chibnall is absolutely atrocious. I am boycotting the show until he is fired. The show has nothing left for me. The characters are as bland as the storyline, and when the storyline DOES have some good ideas, they aren’t executed properly. The entire idea about the Master infuriated me. The entire lack of characterization of EVERYONE was absolutely ridiculous. Jodi had so much promise as the first female actor of the Doctor... and Chibnall sabotaged it. He ruined it all. It now sucks.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby love8188 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:40 am

booklover789 wrote:I have seen all of Jodi’s first season and most of the second season. Jodi is fine as an actress and is doing what she can with what she has been given. The writer Chibnall is TERRIBLE. He doesn’t know how to write competently. He is absolutely awful. None of the characters even HAVE characterization... the closest we got to a good episode was “The Tsuranga Conundrum” and “Fugitive of the Judoon.” They introduced Ryan and made him disabled and I truly was hoping for the best to see some good representation, but then his disability just doesn’t even come up again. Ever. It doesn’t have any impact on his character, which is absurd considering a disability is a huge part of someone’s life. The inclusion of the new Master doesn’t make any sense. He just shows up out of no where and is now a man, for some reason??? I don’t object to the change but there needs to be a reason! Also, the whole shrinking people stunt (Tissue Compression Eliminator) was stupid and apparently already been done in Doctor Who in the past - “Deadly Assassin” and “Keeper of Traken” - and while I understand about homages to the past, this Master rips off stuff and doesn’t properly explain what the device is or even what it really does. This whole run has been terrible. Just... terrible. I have given up at this point and won’t be watching anything else Doctor Who related unless Chibnall has nothing to do with it. I was really looking forward to having a female doctor and THIS is the schlock we are given??? Unacceptable.

EDIT: Just saw the finale of Jodi’s most recent season. I am quitting the show. I cannot watch this piece of baloney. Jodi is great. Chibnall is absolutely atrocious. I am boycotting the show until he is fired. The show has nothing left for me. The characters are as bland as the storyline, and when the storyline DOES have some good ideas, they aren’t executed properly. The entire idea about the Master infuriated me. The entire lack of characterization of EVERYONE was absolutely ridiculous. Jodi had so much promise as the first female actor of the Doctor... and Chibnall sabotaged it. He ruined it all. It now sucks.

100% this is it. He took on far to much and just plays god with no understanding of the show its self, it's sad to see the show run into the ground so badly. Aprently there is going to be an attempt at an american version which sadly might be the only way to rip this out of Chibnalls decaying hands
love8188

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:31 pm

How far has everyone seen of the most recent season? Because I want to say something but it might be spoilers for some
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GaySunLord » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:36 pm

Hi! My name is *Creatornottraitor*. I want to join!

My favorite doctor is: The seventh (Sylvester McCoy), but I like all of the except the sixth.
My favorite companion is: Ace! Or Adric. Or Sarah Jane. Or Amy Pond. Or Donna Noble.
My favorite episode is: The Happiness patrol
I have watched up to: The most recent new year's eve special.
And finally, I am from Canada
I have read the rules and promise to follow them: Yes!

I just want to mention I was raised on Dr.Who, and I love the series sooooo much. Also give the older episodes some love!

╔══════════════╗

You are the angel that I couldn't kill

╚══════════════╝

The gif is
from the dr
stageplay
in case you
are
wondering

I like
Roleplaying
So if you
Are looking
For a partner
I'd be glad to
Roleplay
With you.

There is
Something
Hidden in here
I Love My
Dead Gay Sons

Lights off!
Totally not a
Kiyondo Kinnie

I love
Dangleromp

Feel free to
PM me! I like
Making Friends

Do you ever just
see a pretty girl
and cry bc
they are so pretty

I currently use
Cancer/Cans/Canself
Pronouns
GaySunLord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby love8188 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:56 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:How far has everyone seen of the most recent season? Because I want to say something but it might be spoilers for some

generally anything involving the latest season is posted under a spoiler tag, I've grabbed the spoiler box code for you here :)

Spoilers need to be shrunken;
Reading an unwanted spoiler- Or fact about an episode that someone has missed- can be upsetting and frustrating to some fans. Anything up to Eleven and Clara/Season Six of New Who must be shrunk to size forty font or smaller.
Code: Select all
[size=40]spoiler here[/size]
love8188

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu May 27, 2021 6:28 pm

Thank you!

blonde lady (I mean, they don't really have names) is apparently a Lost Child or whatever they're called. The thirteenth Doctor is actually super tall and African American? Still female though, so that's cool. She's really cool, so I don't mind, but I honestly didn't know that was going to happen.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me