Dungeons and Dragons Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Favorite Basic Rules Race

Dragonborn
14%
Dwarf
No votes
Elf
26%
Gnome
No votes
Half-Elf
9%
Halfing
5%
Half-Orc
5%
Human
5%
Tiefling
37%

Total votes : 43

Re: Dungeons and Dragons Club

Postby sullivanish » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:37 pm

I've already made 20 pieces of art of my character, a druid tiefling, but I'm still very unfamiliar with DnD as I have been trying to play for 2 years now but still haven't played a single game.

two questions

how do you guys pronounce tiefling? I think most people say tea-fling, but personally tie-fling sounds cooler.

are any of you guys familiar with dingo doodles?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
xImage
x
x
x
x
x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
any pronouns

xx
androgyne

xx
sullivan

xx
adhd/autism
sullivanish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:23 pm

I usually prefer long-ranged magic-based things or healing/buffing allies (I main Lulu in League of Legends, and play most long-ranged mages and supports), but I wanted to do something new and ended up starting with a human fighter c: she has a really complicated story including the fact she trained as a wizard first, but at the end of the day she would rather get into the thick of things with her trusty rapier.

I really haven't done much with her but, happy to try it soon nwn
Hello, I'm winter! Hope you have a great day or night wherever you live~!

Winter / Fairy / Gale
Formerly FairyCharmed
She/Her - Korea - UTC+9hrs.
winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Actionbat » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:54 am

Hey, ailurophile! I've found thats what a lot of people have ended up doing! It's somewhat hard to find groups to play with, I think the game is regaining popularity though since its star appearance in stranger things, and i've noticed more people interested in playing. If you can't find a group to play with in person, there are lots of people online who want to play! We aren't accepting any more players for our first campaign here, but we'll hopefully do more than this one campaign.
I pronounce it the tee-fling way. Never heard tie-fling but it does sound more interesting, i'd just be worried about those know-it-all players trying to correct me if I said it that way :P
Haven't heard of dingo doodles, but I'm assuming from the name they're some sort of illustrator?
"Bat" - She/her - Art Major

I sit around and play dnd and stuff.
I casually watch anime, mostly just
Sweetness and Lightning tho.
Check out The D&D Club sometime
Actionbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sullivanish » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:55 am

Dingo doodles is an animator on YouTube who animates her crazy D&D stories
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
xImage
x
x
x
x
x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
any pronouns

xx
androgyne

xx
sullivan

xx
adhd/autism
sullivanish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idky, » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:32 am

sorry to burst some bubbles but it's actually tea-fling bc "tief" means "deep" in german and it's pronounced "teef". but well flings with ties are cool too lol

the good thing is that now all you tieflings know you're children of the deep and that sounds hella cooler amirite
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
┌────────────────

today's song:__________________________
『raising a smile makes it all worth while』
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾afterglowtravis,

────────────────┘
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:20 pm

I find tieflings and dragonborns kinda overrated, no offense to anyone of course ^^' it's just, some campaigns I did there were too many of them and not much else and idk, I never felt the allure for them?
Hello, I'm winter! Hope you have a great day or night wherever you live~!

Winter / Fairy / Gale
Formerly FairyCharmed
She/Her - Korea - UTC+9hrs.
winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Actionbat » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:42 am

Surprisingly I never get much Tieflings OR Dragonborn in my campaigns, usually, i get 1-2 max of them but I never notice I staggeringly more amount of them. Elves are my hatred. I see so many elves, and they're all the same pretentious character. Got to a point in one campaign i dmed that so many people wanted to be elves I made it a rare race and you had to roll a 15+ on a d20 to be able to play one.

Actionbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:51 am

In the campaigns I play we rarely have any dragonborns at all, and not a whole lot of tieflings. But we do get a lot of elves. Thankfully they're very varied in personality. I love tieflings, though. I love drawing them most of all.

I actually played an elf for a long time and she was... something. She had low wisdom and even lower intelligence, and it was quite the party whenever she appeared. She was a drow bard and completely and utterly daft, but my DM let me have the lucky feat so somehow she got really successful. She stirred up so much trouble (mostly by accident), but good times were had. She was sweet, though. Naive, but very sweet.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KickingPixies » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:24 am

Oh yeah, we tend to get a looot of elves and half-elves. I've never actually been in a campaign with a tiefling or dragon born!
KickingPixies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Actionbat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:03 am

DoctorDraca wrote: I actually played an elf for a long time and she was... something. She had low wisdom and even lower intelligence, and it was quite the party whenever she appeared. She was a drow bard and completely and utterly daft, but my DM let me have the lucky feat so somehow she got really successful. She stirred up so much trouble (mostly by accident), but good times were had. She was sweet, though. Naive, but very sweet.

Now that sounds like a quality elf character. I do admit I have a soft spot for Drow, and something about a dumb elf is a refreshing change. Adding on the lucky feat is just a perfect way to make a fun character even more fun. 10/10 character design.

I think I've noticed tieflings to be sort of fan favorites of people who don't usually play the game? If that makes sense. I see more people who like tieflings as people who spectate games and enjoy the community but don't have a group to play with. For example, in DND communities I see a lot of art of tieflings and character designs but I rarely see them in action. I wonder why.
I will say, when i do get a tiefling its somewhat annoying when they're almost always a rogue and uSUALLY "chaotic neutral" but the players understanding of chaotic neutral is "i can do whatever and i dont care about other people or the state of the campaign! who cares if i make the DM's life horrible!"

Anyone have opinions on the races put out in Volo's Guide to Monsters? Haven't seen very many people playing them in my partys. I adore Aasimars though! and All of the monstrous races. Although I'm kinda scarred from having a horrible CN Goblin player one campaign.

BTW: I decided to change the poll for a breath of fresh air!

Actionbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups