Furry Nation v.4

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Furry Nation v.4

Postby ♥ fefetasprxte ♥ » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:57 am

I'm a Furry! Oh I'm a Furry!:
- - - - - -
Username: rejected furry
Preferred Name: furry
Fursona(s)/Main Character: Skye (i did not make her, but i do draw her more than my other characters, so i call her my "main character")
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: I've probably been in the fandom for a few years. to be honest, i can't remember how i found the furry fandom, but i'm glad i did!
Furaffinity?: none qwq
Toyhou.se?: Dont have one qwq
Favorite Color?: i love mint ovo
Favorite Animal?: i prefer canines, no real preference uvu
Other: Kon'nichiwa, kegawa --chanzu 〜 !
♥ fefetasprxte ♥

Postby Hyrule » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:39 am

- - - - - -
Username: Hyrule
Preferred Name: Hyrule or Lyrule is fine~
Fursona(s)/Main Character: Wind
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: It's been awhile. About 8-9 years, I think. When I was a kid a few years ago, in Youtubes early stages, I found fursuits on there and thought they were cool. Did more searching around the web, and found the fandom. :'D Been in it ever since. <3
Furaffinity?: Lyrule
Toyhou.se?: N/A
Favorite Color?: Blue. :'D
Favorite Animal?: I love all animals, and although cats have a special place in my heart, my favorite would have to be the Grey Wolf. <3
Other: I signed up on the other thread, but seen there was a new thread made and I don't see my username here, so here I am. c:
ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖 𝕠𝕟 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙
xtext text text text text text text text text
xtext text text text text text text text credit

Hyrule

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Canis2954 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:43 am

- - - - - -
    Username: Glow
    Fursona(s)/Main Character: mimi
    How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: Since... 2010?? More than five years. I found out through CS, actually!
    Favorite Color?: Soft soft pink
    Favorite Animal?: Tiger
Canis2954

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nessiie » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:39 pm

- - - - - -
Username: .InSaniTy
Preferred Name: You can call me what ever you want, but Echo is also fine.
Fursona(s)/Main Character: Echo
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: Hmm, im not quite sure maybe a year to two years now?
Furaffinity?: Not atm
Toyhou.se?: ^^
Favorite Color?: Silver, scarlet red, and white.
Favorite Animal?: Fox
Other: Ahh, I hope this is active <33
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
🌧

©

When the butterflies turned to dust
  • that covered my whole room

Nessiie| she/her | my characters

• | Art Shop
  • | art examples
  • always looking for art trades! Please pm me to work something out <33
Nessiie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CorruptedPuppet » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:04 pm

- - - - - -
Username:
Corruptedentities
Preferred Name:
Ari or Musket please~
Fursona(s)/Main Character: Musket
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?:
It'd been apart of my life since a very young age actually, and I kind of eased into the fact that it was a fandom but i'd always known about it really
Furaffinity?:
Maurader~
Toyhou.se?:
I dont have one
Favorite Color?:
Love Orangeand Teal
Favorite Animal?:
Wolveswolveswolves
Other:
:3 Hai.

D u k e S e b a s t i a n
"Oh please, a little poison never hurt anyone!"

CorruptedPuppet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:48 am

So I was poking around Wikipedia and decided to search furries. Man, I didn't know just how many people think this fandom is messed up! Makes me really sad... Especially since I've loved anthropomorphic creatures since I was in kindergarten and had no concept of any of that sort of stuff! And in polls, lots of furries even admitted to doing some real messed-up stuff because of the fandom, so now it's really gotten a bad rap! I've even been insulted by one guy at my school a few years back...
What the heck can we do to stop this stuff?
------------
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------
------------
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medicalpaws » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:14 am

LOCW_Bluestarwarrior wrote:So I was poking around Wikipedia and decided to search furries. Man, I didn't know just how many people think this fandom is messed up! Makes me really sad... Especially since I've loved anthropomorphic creatures since I was in kindergarten and had no concept of any of that sort of stuff! And in polls, lots of furries even admitted to doing some real messed-up stuff because of the fandom, so now it's really gotten a bad rap! I've even been insulted by one guy at my school a few years back...

Theres not much we can do to stop people from thinking we're bad people. Human beings tend to be ignorant and one sighted. The furry fandom happens to be most known for the "bad stuff " but the "bad stuff" is in all fandoms really. We as a community can help educate people on what furries are with form posts, videos, anything to get the word ou t but that's obviously not gonna be enough. The younger generation of furries can simply be better remodels, we can be kinder to one another, be accepting, and cope with the haters because there will always be haters no matter what you do. I know this is really scattered and vague but I feel if we work hard enough we can change how were viewed to more of a community that cares about one another instead of nasty beings with a big sex drive for animals-- which we are not.

Will any of you be joining rainfurrest this year? Maybe I'll see you ;w;
commissions MST/MDT
* working on social anxiety,
please be patient and kind

Proud memeber since 2012
Send me a trade
Hmu in the comments
Gimme a phat like

Have a good day

<-- not my art -->
credit to Eddy Atoms
medicalpaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:17 am

I never really looked at it in the sense of the next generation. If we educate them, maybe in the future the fandom will be saved. That's a good way of thinking of it!

Meanwhile I'll try and educate my friends and people at my school. ;)
------------
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------
------------
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChompGod » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:20 am

LOCW_Bluestarwarrior wrote:I never really looked at it in the sense of the next generation. If we educate them, maybe in the future the fandom will be saved. That's a good way of thinking of it!

Meanwhile I'll try and educate my friends and people at my school. ;)

I'd be too embarassed to do that at my school. People get the wrong idea about furries...

But here's my fursona revamp so far! Species: Dutch Angel Dragon (owner is ino89777)
I don't know what to add to the front of the body, and I feel like it's just so plain... I can't add a belly spot ;-;
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 3.20.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 3.20.05 PM.png (156.93 KiB) Viewed 61 times
ChompGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:28 am

LOCW_Bluestarwarrior wrote:So I was poking around Wikipedia and decided to search furries. Man, I didn't know just how many people think this fandom is messed up! Makes me really sad... Especially since I've loved anthropomorphic creatures since I was in kindergarten and had no concept of any of that sort of stuff! And in polls, lots of furries even admitted to doing some real messed-up stuff because of the fandom, so now it's really gotten a bad rap! I've even been insulted by one guy at my school a few years back...

It's already gotten a lot better in the past few years. The media just exploits the people who make the best story. My advice would be to try and educate people that have have that bad view on what the fandom majority is really like, and stay away from the parts of the community that make you uncomfortable. Furries will always seem weird to some people, and there will always be a sexual aspect to furries that some people don't like. The problem I think is that there is just such a vast variety of people in the furry community. "Bad stuff" in the fandom has a lot of different meanings because of this, and people fight for different things. Some people want the entire sexual aspect gone and others don't mind as long no people/animals are hurt. This is a huge problem as well, because outsiders get mixed views, some furries will say it's not at all sexual, some will say it is a bit, some may even say a lot. This confuses outsiders, and if they talk to a person who says the latter they will think the whole community is like that, when in truth the fandom is very diverse and you can't call them all one thing.

Personally, I don't think a lot of people do "bad stuff"(hurting people/animals in my definition) in the community, it's just that you are mixing people who are in it for entirely different reasons, some like the sexual aspects and some don't, and these sides are constantly fighting over everything which makes problems seem worse than they are, the furry community is unfortunately prone to having tons of drama. Yes, furries don't have the best rap, but like I said, it is a lot better than a few years ago and I think a lot of this fear stems from the fandom itself hearing these horror stories, passing them on, and then no one comes out as furry or tries to educate people anymore. I believe that you just need to accept that the community is very diverse and it will stay that way even if you don't like all of the aspects, and that you have to open up to and educate people if we're ever to get a better rap.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me