❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Plant ❀ Lovers

Postby frostykitty » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:54 am

Orchids are pretty! My Coleus (original) was about two feet tall until it got root rot. I grew it from a cutting with only two leaves X3. It had bloomed twice, and we managed to cuttings before the whole thing got sick. The two cuttings are doing quite well, the tall one is about 5 inches, short one about 2. Neither have the purple veins yet, nor bloomed. They are still littlebebees!
Shinji lkari- yes I was very sad when my coleus got root rot. You care for it, it's like a pet, kinda.
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:08 am

@Obsessed
Yeah, I was hoping to encourage the blooming since they have been aback for a while. I really hoped that I didn't have bud blast, since I prior to have less experience in it since I never really got it. The stems don't seem green, more like a brownish type of colour which I'm really afraid of. But I think It's natural, but they did suddenly drop when they were still buds at night, and I found out the next day which was really upsetting. Ever since they started growing tall, it occurred to me that some of the buds were falling off in only about a week. But probably one of the reasons is that it hasn't had too much moisture, and I'm mostly busy to even notice anything! I looked at this article to help me as well, I think I just need to increase the humidity. Thanks!
That's one pretty orchid! c:

shinji ikari wrote:
    does anyone else get really sad when their plants die for some reason? u n u

I'm not a plant killer myself or anything, but when my plant dies I just think that it is part of nature and I already have tons of plants to take care of, but some grieving won't hurt?

Ah, Orchids and "Baby bird of paradise" plants are one of my favourites.

frostykitty wrote:Orchids are pretty! My Coleus (original) was about two feet tall until it got root rot. I grew it from a cutting with only two leaves X3. It had bloomed twice, and we managed to cuttings before the whole thing got sick. The two cuttings are doing quite well, the tall one is about 5 inches, short one about 2. Neither have the purple veins yet, nor bloomed. They are still littlebebees!
Shinji lkari- yes I was very sad when my coleus got root rot. You care for it, it's like a pet, kinda.

Sorry your Coleus got root rot, I'm sure it was a beautiful flower. <3
arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rad' » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:11 am

Username: rad'
Nickname{s}: If you can make a nickname for rad', I'll use it! :-D
Favourite plant: all cacti, daisies, roses, water lillies, orchids
i love plants

Hi! I'm an amateur gardener who just really, really loves cacti!
rad'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:30 am

wenom wrote:
    @The Kraken
      I'm so sorry for not replying initially; but cacti are a form of succulent so they should be a-ok. Are they doing okay right now? Have they rooted well? {The tiny shoot looks super cute, I can't wait to hear of it's progress}

Honestly I can't tell if there's any new growth for the two, so I'm not entirely sure if they have rooted at all. Their big leaves are all floppy so I had them tied to the pots, and I can't easily just look if theres any roots going on or not (though if nothing new happens any time soon, I might just have to do that).

The little babby is doing great, though <3
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostykitty » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:53 am

Lpsloveraj wrote:
frostykitty wrote:Orchids are pretty! My Coleus (original) was about two feet tall until it got root rot. I grew it from a cutting with only two leaves X3. It had bloomed twice, and we managed to cuttings before the whole thing got sick. The two cuttings are doing quite well, the tall one is about 5 inches, short one about 2. Neither have the purple veins yet, nor bloomed. They are still littlebebees!

It's not really a flower... We may have a small misunderstanding. It's a leafy plant, when its big enough it gets purple vains and about once every 2-4 months it gets tiny white flowers in groups like how lavender flowers grow, only much shorter, only about 1 and a half inches long/tall. The flowers sometimes get thin, small pink stripes down the bottom petal. The flowers are shaped similar to snap dragons, only smaller. It's a little different from normal coleus thoug, very thin purple veins not purple taking up the whole middle of the leaf.
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 am

frostykitty wrote:
Lpsloveraj wrote:

It's not really a flower... We may have a small misunderstanding. It's a leafy plant, when its big enough it gets purple vains and about once every 2-4 months it gets tiny white flowers in groups like how lavender flowers grow, only much shorter, only about 1 and a half inches long/tall. The flowers sometimes get thin, small pink stripes down the bottom petal. The flowers are shaped similar to snap dragons, only smaller. It's a little different from normal coleus thoug, very thin purple veins not purple taking up the whole middle of the leaf.

I knew it, the internet failed me. Sorry about that, thanks for the information though!
arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obsessed » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:11 am

[center][size=80]Does anyone grow Java Ferns? They're an aquatic low-light low-maintenance plant commonly sold at pet stores for fish tanks. I love 'em because they're fast growing, I can put them in cute jars and literally anywhere, they need pretty much no light, propagate like crazy, are nearly indestructable, grow to to about 13in., and look super cute and just...green. Nice and simple.

I'm a Rabbit!
Rabbits are kind, sensitive, elegant, artistic, lucky, cautious, flexible, good friend.
Sometimes they can be moody, shy, lazy, opportunistic.
About: he/they, college student, depressed, autistic
Current obsessions: Breyer, gaming
Constant obsessions: animals, Bluey, dinosaurs, dragons, space
Currently playing: Baldur's Gate 3, Final Fantasy 7, Genshin Impact
Favorite games: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Baldur's Gate 3, Clangen, Cyberpunk 2077, Genshin Impact, Good Pizza Great Pizza, House Flipper, Maneater, Red Dead Redemption 2
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:22 am

I just googled Java Ferns, as I hadn't heard of them before, and they are sooo cute omg!
      I wanna buy a tonne and put them everywhere in my house.

I guess the biggest issue is finding jars big enough for them? Because 13 inches is quite big.
      I'm guessing you've grown them/are growing them? Is there a way to avoid them outgrowing their container?
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostykitty » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:34 am

Other than bigger containers in the first place I'm not sure there is...
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:39 am

Java Ferns are adorable, I really want one! But i'm packed with tons of other plants already that I love already. <3
arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me