▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL Nov/9/23-

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

What How to train your Dragon games have you played?

School of Dragons (Rip in pieces)
22%
Rise of Berk (App)
30%
Titan Uprising (App)
26%
Dawn of the Dragon riders (Switch)
9%
Legends of the Nine realms (Switch)
No votes
How to train your dragon 1 (All platforms)
9%
How to train your dragon 2 (All platforms)
4%
Other games (Apparently there's a lot? Discuss!)
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: ▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL Feb/2/23

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:58 am

I've not heard these rumors, but it immediately makes me think of how Disney ruined The lion king.

I've been a lion king kid since before I was born, so when i'd heard that it was getting remade I was initially excited. And then it came out. And they ruined one of the most pivotal scenes (ghost mufasa). The entire point of that scene had been to get Simba off his tail and do something about Scar. Not to sit there and have a pitty talk.

Now, DreamWorks tends to do better when it comes to their works; all the little specials, the Netflix series, all that. Even with the continuity errors in Riders/Defenders/rtte, it can still fit pretty darn well with the movies. So I don't want to paint a potential reboot with the same colors as TLK. But. As die-hard as httyd fans are, we're not gonna settle for mediocre when it comes to this. And once again, as with TLK, the problem is that you're turning an animation into something that is limited by our own human world. (Or at least with TLK, limited by the physical functions of the real world you're emulating). The greatest justice that animation does for story telling is to be able to make literally *anything* possible. And on top of that, to sit there and be able to work at it to make it *perfect* in the exact way you want. No fussing with actors working on a huge set all day. No problems with weather or lighting or the constraints of working with dwindling daylight.

Animation can do it all, and from the relative comfort of an airconditioned office. All we needed from there was our voice cast. But.....A Live action is......well, limited, as I said. I suppose you could transpose toothless in in post, like they did for the commercials with Kit, but that somewhat defeats the live action part. And then there's the issue of finding young actors who can carry the movies with all the same wit, tone, and weight that the VAs did. And staying true to the movies with them. Hiccup is a scrawny little talking fishbone of a 15 year old. I wouldn't exactly be thrilled to see some....High school music 2 Zac Effron looking kid. The Body types in httyd alone would make this difficult. Who in the world would you get to be Fishlegs? Or *Stoick*? I would take Gerard himself at that point just for his voice alone, and we could excuse the build for the better line delivery.

Idk. I think animation should *stay* as animation and if nothing else, they could touch up the first movie with their upgraded tech for a special rerelease down the line. But it should be left alone.
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage1,059,569 Image1,189Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firtree04 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:51 am

Animation as a medium is so underappreciated. It seems that with many live action remakes their goal is to "improve" the original far less superior animated version. Remakes can be good ie: The Jungle Book or Cinderella. I do think that if they went the live action route DW would treat the project with respect but I am skeptical, especially seeing what Disney has done with their remakes(Mulan, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King ect). Hollywood would probably cast Tom Holland as Hiccup or something. I can't even imagine who they would get to play Fishlegs (no offence to him but he's built like a miniwheat lol). I think that studios should focus on making more original projects instead of rehashing old ones for nostalgia bait purposes. A remastered version of the first movie would be interesting, I would love to see the improvement of animation technology over the years frame by frame.

FRTHPF
songsongsong

Hello CS!!! My name is Kat!!
I'm open for trading!! (fairly ofc)
I collect foxes and butterfly wolves!!
My most favorite thing is httyd!!
ImageImageImage
Firtree04

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:37 pm

*Built like a Miniwheat*
I'M DEAD

I would almost prefer them to put more focus on other characters. Like, I know Dagur got a *lot* of screen time in the shows, but we don't know jack about his childhood (outside of a few things Hiccup says), or the struggle he faced having to take over for his father. There's....actually a lot that interests me about Dagur, tbh. Especially with the information we get late-rtte.

Or, how about Gustav? Why do his parents seem *so* absent that they'd let Snotlout use him for, what was it, at least a week? And he seems to get so little attention otherwise unless he bothers the riders. He just *has* to be part of their group, like he literally has nothing going on at home. Wasn't it Hiccup, just prior to all of this also desperately wanted to be part of a group? Hm.

Or, even just give us a handful of episode about how Stoick got to marry Valka! It would break my heart all over again, but for Stoick to be so visibly in love with her again at first sight like that in the second movie, they *had* to have an incredibly deep connection. To see them stumble into each other, and see the first moment they sing their song together....ah.

Just....anything but a reboot.

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firtree04 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:57 am

I'd love to see what Valka got up to when she way away, she could have returned but she didn't. I also want to see more from Dagur he is so interesting!! Favorite villain in httyd by far!! I would love to see a short about Stoic and Valka, maybe a valentines special or something. I love their song so much, I want it to be my first dance at my wedding lol

FRTHPF
songsongsong

ImageImageImage
Firtree04

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:21 am

Oh, yes, Valka's lost years! And to see her relationship with cloudjumper grow like with Hiccup and toothless.

And as for Dagur I could write out....so much about him. He just gets kinda tragic and more like a cautionary tale in some ways for Hiccup. I mean, he to had to take over his tribe at a very young age, except he *didn't* know what happened to his father. So now he has to come up with answers to a people hes not ready to lead in any way, And if I had to guess, His claim of killing him was solely based on his own childhood antics and his need to assert dominance over them. Nobody listens to a teenagers opinions on how to run things; we've even seen this in the few times Hiccup was put in charge. I'm not saying Dagur's....derangedness was ever entirely an act (he did try to drown hiccup once), but when the only way you know how to get attention is through fear.....it's not so far fetched. That, and he had to be terrified to some extent. All the threats and screaming and crazy behavior was probably half coping mechanism, half fear mongering for control- all aided by his apparently already mildly unstable personality. He's just a fascinating little crazy guy, and I love him.

All the Stoick and Valka. And maybe they could do it like she's telling the story to her Grandkids? Since we didn't see her at all in Homecoming.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostSoal » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:36 am

Firtree04 wrote:I'd love to see what Valka got up to when she way away, she could have returned but she didn't. I also want to see more from Dagur he is so interesting!! Favorite villain in httyd by far!! I would love to see a short about Stoic and Valka, maybe a valentines special or something. I love their song so much, I want it to be my first dance at my wedding lol

dagur>>
i’m so interested in what valka was up to, i love the lady but hiccup deserves to know.
LostSoal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:11 pm

LostSoal wrote:
Firtree04 wrote:I'd love to see what Valka got up to when she way away, she could have returned but she didn't. I also want to see more from Dagur he is so interesting!! Favorite villain in httyd by far!! I would love to see a short about Stoic and Valka, maybe a valentines special or something. I love their song so much, I want it to be my first dance at my wedding lol

dagur>>
i’m so interested in what valka was up to, i love the lady but hiccup deserves to know.

There's a *lot* Hiccup needs to know. And while he does a fair job of taking her in stride, He also experiences multiple major life events in a less than 24hr span of time. Hiccup's reactions to her are to be taken with a grain of salt. That said, I do believe the distance between them is a large part of why he addresses her by name, whereas he continued to refer to Stoick as "dad" into his adulthood. She never really was his "mom", and calling her that now would be...a bit of salt into a 20 year old wound, yeah?

Anyway, #JusticeForHiccupsChildhood

Edit;
Felt like adding that, for some reason, in addition to my newfound attachment to Dagur, apparently I'm also on the Snotlout wavelength?

-He has pretty stormy eyes.
-His middle name is Gary, of all things.
-He is a gentle soul crushed under the overbearing weight of his fathers toxic masculinity like expectations.
-He sews????
-He loves his mommy.
-??????
-OI OI OI

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:49 am

*I doodled a little Hiccup*

*That is all*

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firtree04 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:50 pm

HICCUP!!!!! HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!!

FRTHPF
songsongsong

ImageImageImage
Firtree04

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:02 pm

Yiiiissss, he is!

I've wanted to go back and redraw old art and tbh, I need to remember how to draw him. I used a screencap as reference for this, because my real first attempt was....questionable. Like someone was describing him badly at me while I tried to draw.

I have a digital sketch of Dagur in the works;

But I don't know if i'm going to finish it. I feel like it was more of a warm up thing than anything- i'd like to do something different with him if i'm gonna draw him for realzies.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me