Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

( ☆ ) signing off // a signature fanclub

Postby alegreya. » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:02 pm

started a design for a sig I've never
really tried before .. any thoughts
or suggestions? c:

( it's still a wip )
alegreya.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come join!

Postby moriarty, » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:12 pm

greyѕ☆anaтoмy wrote:
or suggestions? c:

( it's still a wip )

awesome sig! i love the gif, and the quote/fonts look amazing! it's super unique and cute,
ahhhh the feels though! i'm excited to see the rest c;

Albert Hammond, Jr. wrote:I finished my signature for the monthly contest! Thoughts on it?
look it's my team of morties!

i love it! the green adds a certain charm to it that really gives the siggy a nice look!
the gif is a nice quality. the only thing that bothers me is how the other gif of the smol
people is kinda out of color scheme. other than that, the layout is complex enough so nothing fees empty,
and its easy to read!

geeko. wrote:
*internally screaming*
ok so I making a new sig
totally not for the new contest
haha

I have no idea what to put in the empty
spaces
any help?

I can't believe I won : O

your sig looks really nice, geeko.! i love the color scheme, and the use of different images!
but i suck at telling you what you should add. whatever you want, i suppose xd

﴾Wɪʟᴅғɪʀᴇ﴿ wrote:New sig (kinda). Opinions?

Never gonna get to advanced coding.

it looks super nice! i like the structure of it - you don't see many sigs like that!

sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs wrote:

After what feels like months(And what probably was), I'm finally back.
And nearly at the end of this new signature...
I just dunno how to finish it.
Any ideas?

Because I'm flat out ; - ;

maybe add a text box underneath! other than that, it looks swell!

who uses the word swell anymore?
ARTEMIS
heyo! arty here
getting back int
o cs and the co
ding world! love
you all! feel fre
to pm me anyti
me! uwu uwu

└─────
━━━━━ oh,
moriarty,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come join!

Postby lil starlight~ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:13 am

Username:
        That Boy.

When did you begin making signatures?:
        I think maybe a year or so ago

Do you have an signature shop?:
        no, sadly, I need to learn more skills

Irisid, I'd like to sign up!

Möʙɪᴜs sᴛʀɪᴘ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴀɪɴ
"Wʜᴀᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪs ɪᴛ?"
Möʙɪᴜs sᴛʀɪᴘ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴀɪɴ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What time is it
I don’t even know

what time it is now, at all

When can I escape this

What time is it
Even if time stops

my thoughts probably won’t

and they’ll keep dancing

Inside my round head the curved

Möbius strip of the brain
Möbius strip of the brain
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lil starlight~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - [RULE UPDATES!]

Postby Goostarion » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:21 pm

Announcement:
      From highly detailed pm’s I have received both from CS and Tumblr, the post *here* hasn’t entirely worked, and so we have come to a conclusion as staff of the thread [With help from CS mods] to make a rule set and/or otherwise to see if some of these problems are resolved.

There are two key points that must be shared before the rules are aligned out.
      • One: We cannot please everyone and I am sure this ruleset is not going to please everyone and so is the realism of the second key point.
      • Two: Because you posted a lot for someone doesn’t mean that you will receive the same back. This is a harsh truth and the biggest problems of the thread where people are feeling obligated to get long replies back because they put the work in. No, this is not the case and thread mods will not be adding any rules that enforces this to happen as it has been deemed an elitist idea by CS mods. And no we as thread mods cannot implement a ‘make things decently lengthed’ rule because of previous occurrences with previous Signature Fanclubs. We can help prevent people being ignored, but we cannot technically do anything about what kind of reply you get unless it break rules.

Since that has been stated, we now move onto the new rules which will be added. This is to see if these will solve some of the congestion and tension within the fanclub, and if poorly received can be removed depending on the situation. I will be making this a FAQ based post as well after the rules have been typed out.

• You must now reply to a minimum of two posts before you to ensure that everyone has been answered before making a post asking for comments, criticism or otherwise about your signature. [This includes asking for a screenshot as well] However, this does not include asking questions which relate to sharing techniques, and answers to those sharing techniques or offering assistance counts as a reply to posts. Note: Thread mods only have exception for this IF making announcements. This is to ensure that everyone is on the same level.
      • We, as thread mods, are now endorsing the use of both Signature Respect and Signature Criticism if you wish to obtain some detailed explanation towards your signature. You are still more than welcome to ask for comments and criticism here in this thread, however thread mods are not responsible at this moment in time if your post is skipped over or you receive a short response. We call this Criticism / Complements trade where you go to these threads for specific comments you want on your signature. I have sent a message to the current thread owners for both of these threads to ensure that everything runs smooth sailing with this idea, and you will notice that both threads have a rule stating that replies are to be decently lengthed. This is to ensure that everyone is accommodated for within the community [Specifically Veterans who want longer comments for their signatures.] -It should be noted that mods would prefer this rule on these threads to be guidelines, not rules, so this rule is subject to change if mods deem it worth changing. This is out of our hands at this case.-
      • We have since made this an official rule. If you need help with the coding of your signature because it doesn’t work, please go to the Digital Distinct thread and post there. All posts in regards to this will be given a warning for spam.
      • We have noticed a lot of users announcing that they have come back to the thread from short or long inactivity from the thread. Congrats and welcome back! If you make these comments make sure that you have read up on the rules and ensure you follow them. Please make note that you need to make at a minimum of two comments to previous posts before announcing you are back. This is to ensure that people do not disappear and reappear only to ask for commentary and drive through a loophole in the system.

As for now these are the new rule updates. Any questions about this can be asked in PM to any of the thread mods.

FAQ:
      I notice a user putting little effort into replies and wanting long explanations for themselves, what happens?
        It is no longer our problem as thread mods. However, if this does happen repetitively, we will send that user a warning for going through loopholes in the new set of rules. But we can't warn what we do not know. The thread mods may keep an eye on the thread, but we can miss things too
      But, surely you have a way to get people to reply?
        We do. Stay tuned. Scroll down a bit.
      Can I remake the thread when it hits 900 pages?
        No. This is not our decision as Thread mods, but the decision from CS mods. Until they say otherwise to us, the answer is no. [This is because of past experiences.]
Last edited by Goostarion on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:39 pm

xxx So in summary of the updates that came today!:
    • If you're asking for a sig respect/critique paragraph/screenshot, please answer to at least two other posts asking for the same!

• If you're asking for any of the above, please be aware that you just might not get any back. For this reason it's best to head to the signature respect or signature criticism threads (links are on the first page).

• Digitally distinct is the place to ask all coding questions.

• The member's list has been made private as it was causing a bit of confusion.

• You are now required to post a sign-up form in order to post in the club (you are still accepted/allowed to post immediately.)

• That being said, the form has been updated to be a bit more fun and friendly. Anyone who is already a member can post a version of the new form if you'd like! (Please integrate it into a proper post or edit your old form to reduce spam though ;D)

• The monthly challenge has changed drastically! It is now a monthly raffle - check out the community board for more info. Ways to enter now include critiquing others' signatures.

• The prizes for winning the raffle have also received an overhaul:
    1st and 2nd place will now have a shop or signature of choice spotlighted on the front page.
    1st place will also receive a custom achievement badge (more about that below.)
    1st place will still receive pets from the prize pool.

Achievement badges are a new feature of the club - work towards unlocking achievements that show off your prowess in the coding community! More badges coming soon.
    (No activity before today will count towards achievements.)

If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to post them here or PM any of the thread staff. We've been working hard to try and make this update fresh and new and I know I am really hoping you guys will enjoy it!! However, if you have any concerns we're always happy to hear them. C:

Last edited by Aaron✦ on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 pm

Hey guys, we all know that it's been very heavy today, but you've read through all the new rules and through our new reward system, so how about something a bit lighter and a bit different!

Image A Raffle! Image
We realised, a bit late unfortunately, that our thread's one
year anniversary just passed on february 13th! So, on top
of our late anniversary celebrations we're going to have to
raffle to celebrate the rule updates! So, here goes, to enter:

* Please don't post the form on the thread or I might miss it - PM it directly to me, please.
    * Follow thread rules
    * Please make the title of the private message 'Signing Off Raffle' or similar
    * Have fun!

The prize is: this group! So, best of luck to all who enter.

Form:
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b] [here]

Raffle Ending wrote:The end date for the raffle is:
The 18th of March 2016!

{At around 12PM GMT!}
Last edited by lesbian on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

this is long im sorry

Postby gods » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:28 am

Username:
        gods

Name/Nickname[s]:
        oliver or noll; you can call me gods but i prefer these :')

Pronouns:
        he/him

i have two sig shops; one for super simple sigs & one for larger sigs

What's your favourite and least favourite part about coding:
        i like design & graphics the most, honestly my least favorite part is probably fitting it together because i always run into some sort of problem :')

i have no idea :') im sure i answered this on my old sign up, but ive forgotten

Tell us a bit about yourself?:
        im oliver & im a (cool) trans kid from the midwest. its cold forever, unfortunately. i love cats & a lot of other animals (lobsters are good). i watch a lot of anime & read manga & i do some writing of my own. im currently making a story with twine. im also a mod of digitally distinct, so if youve got sig q's im certainly willing to answer (especially regarding gimp). i have a job irl, so i will do my best to find time here but i wont always be on.

WOO ok now that thats done, onto comments. i like the changes that have come about & im looking forward to the spotlights a lot!

greyѕ☆anaтoмy wrote:
or suggestions? c:

( it's still a wip )

i like what you have so far!the image quality is great, and the font is fun. on that note, the only thing id do differently is extend the text area to be the same length as swirly part of the A. its not huge & im not entirely sure if it'd look better, but i think it may be worth a try? im excited to see your sig finished!

Albert Hammond, Jr. wrote:I finished my signature for the monthly contest! Thoughts on it?
look it's my team of morties!

super cute! everything lines up nicely and i especially like how youve organized your upper text boxes! the little morty team is also a good touch & acts as a fun divider c: i also like the color of the font; its bright but not too hard to read! im not sure if it is intentional, but the text in the farthest right box on top is a bit larger than the rest. other than that, everything looks fabulous!

sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs wrote:

After what feels like months(And what probably was), I'm finally back.
And nearly at the end of this new signature...
I just dunno how to finish it.
Any ideas?

Because I'm flat out ; - ;

welcome back! its good to see you around again c: like others have said, i think itd be a good idea to add a bio box underneath your gifs. you could also line it with quotes relating to them, if youd like! your sig is looking great so far, so im excited to see how you end up finishing it c:

geeko. wrote:
*internally screaming*
ok so I making a new sig
totally not for the new contest
haha

I have no idea what to put in the empty
spaces
any help?

I can't believe I won : O

i see you filled most of the spaces by the time im commenting and i definitely like whats youve done (the mood area is a fun touch! i'd love to see more people trying that). for the bit of space under the "my love" you could stick a sort of filler border, or extend your bio box above so it is filled. besides that, i love the color scheme! the pink is very calming c:

not looking for too many comments on my own sig; i just want to know if the sig rotates on reload correctly for yall & if all the text is readable?

oliver/noll - he/him
gods

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lillybear » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:22 am

i figured i'd reintroduce myself since i haven't posted in forever

Username:
        Lillybear

Name/Nickname[s]:
        you can call me lilly or lil

Pronouns:
        she/her

nope

What's your favorite and least favorite part about coding:
        i think my favoirte is you can be happy and proud of the result but my least favorite is that it takes so long and it can be frustrating at times when you can't figure out how to make something work

the second i became noncoppa'd

Tell us a bit about yourself?:
        well i'm addicted to cs and i'm still learning a lot about coding

@gods,
      very pretty! i love the creative and artsy images. and yes it rotates good for me and i can see the text just fine. c;
      @That Boy.,
      welcome to the siggy club!
      @greyѕ☆anaтoмy,
      looking good so far! i like the soft colors in the gif.
      @geeko.
      ahh it's beautiful! i love the pretty color scheme and the gifs fit very well. congratulations on winning too!
      perhaps you could add tiny flower/sun images/emojis in some of the empty spots?

maybe i could get a few opinions on my tiny sig? (ignore the stamp)
lilly she/her
mostly gone from cs, but feel free to message me on discord about anything! :)
lillybear#3311
kalonsmy kalons
Lillybear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taffy; » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:38 am

thank you to everyone who
commented on my sig C:

@gods
ahhh lovely sig
the font + colors are
very soothing, and the
simplicity is very appealing
as well. However, it doesn't
rotate correctly on my screen,
but the text is still readable

@Lillybear
I love smol sigs omg
the colors are simple
but appealing, and I
also love the lil quote.
Maybe a small gif on the side
will make it pop out more C:

I love the new rules! I might
fill out the new form when
I have time. I'm also a mod
for Signature Criticism, so
I'll make sure that the replies
are lengthy enough c;

I was kinda the one
that told the thread owner
to add the 2+ sentences rule
and the posting rule when
the thread first started heheh
[s
taffy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gods » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:46 am

Lillybear wrote:
      @gods,
      very pretty! i love the creative and artsy images. and yes it rotates good for me and i can see the text just fine. c;

thank you!
    your sig looks nice as well, though theres not much to it (but i like simple things, and its super cute). i like the little bits of color youve added & how friendly you sound in it. my only comment would be about the links; its hard for me to tell what theyre to with some of the vowels left out, but that may just be a me thing.

geeko. wrote:
thank you to everyone who
commented on my sig C:

@gods
ahhh lovely sig
the font + colors are
very soothing, and the
simplicity is very appealing
as well. However, it doesn't
rotate correctly on my screen,
but the text is still readable

youre welcome & thanks!
    hmm well, the images should change when you reload the page. its random so its possible for the same image to appear again once you reload it, but they should swap out fine eventually, i think (tho if they end up not i will have to fiddle with it haha).

oliver/noll - he/him
gods

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me