▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL Nov/9/23-

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

What How to train your Dragon games have you played?

School of Dragons (Rip in pieces)
22%
Rise of Berk (App)
30%
Titan Uprising (App)
26%
Dawn of the Dragon riders (Switch)
9%
Legends of the Nine realms (Switch)
No votes
How to train your dragon 1 (All platforms)
9%
How to train your dragon 2 (All platforms)
4%
Other games (Apparently there's a lot? Discuss!)
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: ▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL July/11/

Postby dog motif » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:42 am

I watched Rescue Riders a few weeks back.
The way it's done is just in no way relatable to the actual HTTYD films/series. It completely takes away all the aspects that make HTTYD, well, HTTYD. I agree that the fact that they let the dragons talk takes away those bonds that you feel between Hiccup and Toothless for instance.
Also, the characters don't have the personality the characters in the original HTTYD films have! They took away the humour that Ruff 'n Tuff have, and the kindness and loyalty Hiccup has, and the snarky comments Snotlout makes, to name a few.

Oh and about the Lion King/Lion Guard, same thoughts here xD I've always been a Lion King kid.

oh yeah and pony-tail Zuko will always haunt my dreams
Last edited by dog motif on Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
x bonnibel. vsynth enthusiast
x she/her or he/him
x i come online rarely. dms open, but slow responses!
x autistic - tone tags appreciated
x
dog motif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galeslash7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:46 am

Username:MacawWildGirl
Nickname:Anything, or DG (short for Deathly Galeslash)
Movies, Books, Or both?:ALL OF IT. Shows, Books, Movies, Horrible Baby Tv shows (cough we all hate Rescue Riders)
Favourite Character(s)?:Viggo Grimborne!
Favourite Moment:NIGHT LIGHTS! And probably just the classic Hiccup>hand>Toothless
Least Favourite Moment:Viggo DIES!!!!!!! He will come back. He always does

***Note: This next portion of the Form is purely optional, and will not affect your acceptance into the FC.

School of Dragons Username: MacawWildGirl
School of Dragons Character:Macawgirl The Brave, macawmadalyn, and several others
SoD clan: World Class Trainers
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:36 pm

Lol, finally started playing School of Dragons again.. it's been years, it looks.. well, it doesn't really look different, but I do like the changes that they have made! :]
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

💚my art💚💚cool playlist💚💚youtube💚💚artfight💚

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:26 pm

How have I not found this thread before :O Kinda quiet around here, huh? I guess there hasn't been much new to talk about in a while. Well, I've been rebinging RTTE recently and just thought I'd pop in and say hi!

Username: Schuyler
Nickname: Schuyler or whatever you want
Movies, Books, or both: Movies, Riders/Defenders of Berk, Race to the Edge, and like 1-2 episodes of Rescue Riders before deciding it wasn't for me, heh. The talking dragons kill it for me. The whole thing in HTTYD is dragons are wild animals you have to train and develop a bond with, not basically just humans in dragon form. Can you imagine if Hiccup said "Let's go, Bud" and Toothless was like "You got it, Hics-man!" :/ And I listened to the first book a while ago because David Tennant but otherwise I haven't read any of the series (though I've love to delve more into it sometime!)
Favourite Character(s): Viggo, Hiccup & Toothless, Dagur
Favourite Moment: Can't decide
Least Favourite Moment: RTTE & 3rd movie spoilers: >>I just watched the episode where Viggo dies for the last time and now I'm sad again. :c Even if he hadn't come around to changing his mind about dragons and all that, he was a genuinely skillful, formidable adversary and just plain fun to watch, and I loved the dynamic between him and Hiccup.

Also Hiccup and Toothless saying goodbye and the dragons having to leave in the last movie. "There were dragons when I was a boy ..." ;-;
<<

***Note: This next portion of the Form is purely optional, and will not affect your acceptance into the FC.

School of Dragons Username: N/A
School of Dragons Character: N/A
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:34 pm

Oh my, i've been a very absent leader;;
Hello lovelies!

I've been meaning to rewatch RTTE, I've got it on DVD, so no excuse not to really.
(other than that i've been busy filling out my manga shelf and getting into MHA lately, whoops)
I do agree about Viggo, he was such a refreshing villain to have because he truly thought of almost every angle. Boy was he not afraid to play dirty either; that buffalord episode, man. Krogan was an interesting addition, too. Also well thought out, but lacking in experience with the group.

Ad then Dagur. Just...Not gonna lie, he had me in the first half. Loved his turn around though, even if it was kind of abrupt and creepy at first.
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage1,059,569 Image1,189Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:57 am

New upcoming httyd content kiddies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dyzAdxReys

How do we feel about it thus far?
I'm...cautiously optimistic, we'll say. Got thrown through a loop looking at this new main character and his dragon, bc I straight up thought it was Nuff and one of the nightlights. For all I know, those are their descendants - although knowing how these things go, that kid might not have any Haddock connection at all. The dragon darn sure better though, it looks way to much like Dart(?) to not be related, and we saw a few light furies in the hidden world scenes for it to work.

I did notice two things about the dragon almost instantly when looking at the various pictures that have cropped up for this, and it's that the nose and tail shapes are different to the furies we're familiar with. The points in the tail lend themselves more to a sand wraith, but the nose shape....A breeding thing? Slightly to small of a gene pool, mayhaps? idk, gives me pug vibes almost.

Thoughts and opinions ya'll?

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:01 am

Woooo, triple posting on my own thread, but, oh well.

Started playing SoD again.
I forgot how little there is to do when you don't have an active quest line. And I completed most of the expansions a couple years back when I had a subscription. Might break down and get the Hobgobbler (?) one just for the exp for my dragons since it's so hard to level them otherwise.

I have noticed some...glitchy-ness, in the game. My laptop runs most things just fine, if you want to use Minecraft or The sims 4 as benchmarks, but the game itself seems to get....stuck, when doing things I haven't done yet? Cut scenes are bad for this; it'll play them and then not know how to resume the game, so I end up task managering my way back out and having to reload. I've got a quest currently about the thunder run racing, and every time i've tried to enter the races it sort of...forgets how to game. First it told me my connection wasn't right. The second time it just sat there and though about its life for 5 minutes. Here's to the hope that a third try is the charm.

I've also gotten a back into Titans uprising and a bit of Rise of berk. Kind of stuck on RoB though because of all the time heavy tasks; like sending dragons to the academy. I like to make things happen as soon as I can, and thats where I trapped myself the last time I played. To many in-game purchases. :? But i've gotten a lot better about that lately, so I figured I'd give it a go again. Nice to see my little slice of dragon heaven, hah.

Might dive back into doing fanart, too. Even if all I do is re-draw old art. Would be nice to see it done on my new tablet.

I'd like to see this thread at least semi-active again though. particularly if we can get a clan going on SoD.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL Feb/2/23

Postby Firtree04 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:50 pm

I've always loved httyd!! I saw it in 3d when it first came out and my life seriously changed forever, this franchise is so near and dear to my heart, my longest hyperfixation going on 13 years of being in the fandom!!
Username: Firtree04
Nickname: Fir or Firtree
Movies, Books, Or both?: I'm movie/tv show only, I tried reading the books but that was awhile ago...
Favorite Character(s)?: All of the dragon riders!! More specifically Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid, and Snotlout
Favorite Moment: The forbidden friendship scene from the first movie!
Least Favorite Moment: The entirety of the Nine Realms, I haven't seen it and I never will

FRTHPF
songsongsong

Hello CS!!! My name is Kat!!
I'm open for trading!! (fairly ofc)
I collect foxes and butterfly wolves!!
My most favorite thing is httyd!!
ImageImageImage
Firtree04

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:12 pm

Firtree04 wrote:I've always loved httyd!! I saw it in 3d when it first came out and my life seriously changed forever, this franchise is so near and dear to my heart, my longest hyperfixation going on 13 years of being in the fandom!!
Username: Firtree04
Nickname: Fir or Firtree
Movies, Books, Or both?: I'm movie/tv show only, I tried reading the books but that was awhile ago...
Favorite Character(s)?: All of the dragon riders!! More specifically Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid, and Snotlout
Favorite Moment: The forbidden friendship scene from the first movie!
Least Favorite Moment: The entirety of the Nine Realms, I haven't seen it and I never will

Well howdy-diddley there Fir!

I never saw any of the movies in theater, and was even about 4 years late to the first one, hah. But I understand the feeling of it being a long-time fixation; I always come back to it even if something else overshadows it for a moment (i'm that way with Naruto to, actually). This franchise means a lot to a lot of people, for different reasons. In my case, hiccup himself sums it up; I looked at him, and saw myself. Here, represented in this scrawny Viking boy, was every bit of the feelings of being the outcasted, know-it-all, mess up of a kid. Everything from his sense of humor down to the smaller, bone deep moments of hurt ("I just want to be one of you guys...").

But, Ah, let me not start off to heavy though. Glad to have a new face on board! I'll try no to make to much noise about the games, but feel free to join in if there's one you play as well- I'd like to have in-game groups for us at some stage. Feel free to start a discussion or jump in on a previous one, and I hope we can get this ball rolling, as it were.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firtree04 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:12 am

What are yalls thought on the live action rumors going around? I for one never asked for a "reboot" of this franchise. Live action is not the best medium in my opinion to tell the story of a boy and his dragon (the live spectaculars are excluded from my harsh judgement because they are in the style of a play/theater production or a Disney on Ice situation). Much of the charm and heart of the movies would be lost if adapted to fit the limits of live action. I'm interested on hearing yalls thoughts on live action, who knows I might warm up to the idea lol

FRTHPF
songsongsong

Hello CS!!! My name is Kat!!
I'm open for trading!! (fairly ofc)
I collect foxes and butterfly wolves!!
My most favorite thing is httyd!!
ImageImageImage
Firtree04

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery