Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- SECRET SANTA

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- STAFF APPLICA

Postby grafaiai » Tue May 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Ahh I finally drew something more CS-appropriate of my newest character so I can show her off!!
(designed by cryptidcore@dA)

She's a sphynx that lives on a satellite of my world (Circana), a desert moon called Enem. You can see one of Circana's horns in the background, and Paradisum (another satellite) past that. Same place as the elves haha. She has big eyelashes to keep sand out of her eyes, like a camel's. The sphynx are mostly nomadic, unlike the elves.

questions wrote:Do you have any warrior cat oc's? (or natural colored kitties for that matter) Show a few off with
credit and give a short blurb on what makes them unique!

Man, I miss having warrior OCs honestly. Years ago I had Moonstep, who was a warrior and then a neko and then retired and lost forever, but I don't think I have any natural cats anymore.

When buying a character made on a base, do you think using a higher quality P2U base
(Like this) raises the
overall value of the design? Or do you think all bases are the same and have little effect on character value?

In theory, I'd love to say that a base has no effect on the character's value. It's the design that counts, right? And I generally try to stick to that. But I (and I think most people) are biased towards designs that are presented nicer, I guess. On the other hand, I have way more interest in one-offs than any dog anyway, base or not haha.
I do have a couple characters that I got off free tiny linearts for fairly cheap, but the design just worked for me and when I actually drew it out properly it really clicked. It just depends, I guess.

Do you own any characters that you designed/created yourself? Show them off and explain
what made you love them.

haha that's like half my characters
Atom, Bate was heavily revamped, Chii, Coal, Demon, Egite, Fred, Goat, H, Happy, Ray (my sona), Kyrie, Marie, Melitot, Muddy, Nico, Puddle, Rice, Sammy, Shaun, Snacks, Snarbage and Snegg, Sophie, Strikeout, Timou, Victory, Vince, Windsong... I think those are all the characters I actively use that I designed haha.

Who are your top three favorite characters here
I like your paint-tailed pythons! The species labelled ??? is an antlean anapsid by vee-darling@dA (i think their cs is vee.), if that's what was in question. I love Bug an awful lot (I think one of my friends used to have that design, I always admired him), Plumpy Snek is perfect, and your snail is amazing. Bby Birb is really cool, Small is adorable, and Guts is probably my second-favorite after Bug! You have great characters haha. I guess that's not exactly a top three, though. I'd say Bug, Guts, and your snail character?
Code: Select all
@TheSongOfTheStars; Wesley has /excellent/ taste in food and I have to say I agree with him exactly. I feel like you've made an awful lot of cool characters, and you know them all pretty well! I respect that a lot.

@Sunlitsecrets; Wow, that's a lotta characters. I'm partial towards snakes but Ulysses is my favorite of your new batch you've shared.
 Kayode is pretty cool, too, though! His markings remind me of a firey pied-markings kinda deal, I like it.

@lunamoth19; Man, I'd love to enter my folk Sammy into your village when I have my tablet handy to amke him a decent ref. He's a herpetologist vaguely based on my biology teacher, so knowledge is totally up his alley haha. I love the salamander form of Adara!

@NulliusNominis; haha i feel you i've been tryin to be more active lately and it's hard. Squama is amazing, that fish suit is the best accessory on a feral OC I've ever seen.

@DragonLoverHere; Now I'm curious what program it is, haha. I love Winky's lil turtle feets. Beautiful awkward teenage phase.
 scoot scoot

@rockpelt.; Ahh I don't have any points or I'd offer, your human style is really cute!

@tooru; Your human OCs are so good. That last girl is really pretty, I had to check your TH to see what her whole design looks like and I love her!!

@Pandoras-Jinx; I do feel like he looks familiar but I have no idea, I'm sorry. quq Good luck getting some good art!!

@Aeryn;; Arianna's colors are so pretty!

@-Cole Stargazer-; I love your Kin's eye markings! They're such a neat little touch.

@tennisbutt; Man I'm tempted honestly, if I had a dog OC that fit that lineart I'd try and jump for it (though it looks like the slots're filling up quick!)

@sphynx; Have I seen Darlinqs before, a while ago? They look really familiar, I was surprised that there's only three! I love the feathers on that second one though.

@Tansy; Ahh Ardit looks good there! I like his expression.

@Pastel-Cake; gosh your characters are so good !! Acel is amazing.

@MimiBitz; If my Oekaki worked and I had more free time I'd give it a shot!! I've been having such an itch for that kind of thing lately, man.

@Zailune; Oh, I like that last design. Something about the big blank sparkly eyes.

@Mikuru Senpai; Your design is so good!! I usually don't like hair on ferals but that ponytail dang. And holy cow, people still use Dreamselfy? I haven't seen it since Tinierme went down!! Ahh wow visiting Darius's page was just like a flood of 2011-2013 memories. rip tm

@HanniBun; Your feline is adorable. Little blue nose <3

@iBrevity; Ohh cool! I love humanizations of animal OCs like that, and Sunday's human form is so good.

okay i have to stop with the replies now my eyes hurt lol

adult 🐸 xe/he 🐡 trashguts
aka tg, cricket, weevil
πŸ›
discord : trashguts
...but! be warned that i am not
much of a conversationalist

toyhou.se : trashguts
prone to Experiencing Mental Health,
please understand
🦟
adopt & base usage TOS
art shop thread!
πŸͺ³
i have lots of free toyhou.se
codes, message me for one
πŸ¦—
C4C / AMA / art thread / <3
grafaiai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paranoia » Tue May 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Do you have any warrior cat oc's? (or natural colored kitties for that matter) Show a few off with

I actually just got a few (and I know you bought one out of that batch! haha)
      so they're all super undeveloped so far OTL
      ImageImageImageImageImageImage
      Designs by Dia. lines by butter rum

otherwise I think karaoke would be considered natural colored as well.
      Design/art by sixbane

Do you own any characters that you designed/created yourself? Show them off and explain
      what made you love them.

Nowadays I don't really design any for myself. The concept of Kambrin was created by me and designed by a friend though
      Art by w o o f
Art by icseal & noch
DA | TH | Adopts storage

Paranoia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Tue May 02, 2017 6:07 pm

@Paranoia ah all the kitties are super cute /v/ I like kambrin as well- the bandannas super neat lookin
@trashguts Ah the art and the concepts super neat as well qvq/ i wish I had the time to draw full pictures anymore lately OTL
@Sunlitsecrets All the art is lovely and congrats on the charas /v/ I still own Mirabelle's father haha! Take good care of her qvq/
@Lunamoth19 your birbs look great on the app sheet qvq/ i have mine half done but I can't be darned to mess with it OTL
@ NulliusNominis All the art and charas are lovely /v/ I love squama haha xD fishy~ hes super cute

Do you have any warrior cat oc's? (or natural colored kitties for that matter) Show a few off with

No warriors! I used to but not anymore. I do have a new cat chara I got only a few days ago ;v;/ not sure on his story/personality yet
lines spottedfire design eliza1star

I gave in with otthers and decided to try my hand at this base, making a few natural adopts! Theyre up for offers, I prefer art mostly but I'll consider points n stuff too
lines butter rum, designs by me
LInes butter rum,designs by me

I dont have too much to share, my finals are this week and my final showing is wednesday so those have consumed my time OTL
I did buy a new kia, im trying not to get more of the species but i really like her ;v;/
This is Eucharis
By pandoras-island
I also doodled her, just a small thing though
byme
I did also win another small kalon bab, this is Masos~
lines mintiature,design jubilee
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Tue May 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Wanted to pop in and share a couple new additions c:

Character wise, I have designed this boy who has yet to be named;;

and I bought Mannelig from Wind Song which I am super happy about ;3; <33
      (Not sure who the reference was made by/ design)

and I made some art of my character Lore

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ardra » Tue May 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Selling and or trading all my characters in my toyhouse http://ardra222.deviantart.com/journal/ ... -678308522

PM me here, comment on the journal, note me

@starry--knight

Gorgeous new characters!

@Sixbane
I love those cats omg ;~; And that Kia is gorgeous

@Paranoia
Kambrin is gorgeous!

@Trashguts
That is a lovely piece!

@TheSongOfTheStars
Your characters are so cute!
Love of my Life

What should I even put here now?

I do stuff on here sometimes...
Ardra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zailune » Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 pm

@Ardra - GL selling / trading characters!
@Starry-knight - Nice new characters - I love your new design ^^
@Sixbane - cute cat charrie <3 I'm sure you'll come up with something for the fella soon. Also, GL getting offers on your precious kitties that you colored in! (...and both the Kia and Kalon babs are adorable!)
@Paranoia - Kambrin is neat-o IMO - I like both the concept and design ^^
@trashguts - That's an interesting character and concept :0 ...and thanks for replying to my post btw ^^

Just earlier, I launched a Spring-theme event for the Wulgiel species <3

2 Adopts are out (standard and uncommon rarities) already and they're open for absolutely anyone to join in!
(They both will be closing on the 5th)
Image Image

I would love if anyone were to have any suggestions or feedback to spare, it's welcome at any time ^^ Also, the artist comp is still open of course in case anyone is interested in joining as an artist c:
In case anyone is interested in the species (and just cuz) I'll keep you all updated on how things are going! So far so good~
c:
Image Image
----------------------

Heya, it's Zail - feel free to message me about anything! I'm online pretty frequently.
I may be a bit of a weirdo but I mean well Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―
Lots of love for those struggling, too. You're not alone.
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Tue May 02, 2017 9:18 pm

@Everyone selling: Best of luck with the sales!
@Zailune: That is a pretty cool species. I like the name of the species and the way that their eyes look. Sadly, I don't know very much at all about closed species adopts and therefore I can't be of much help when it comes to suggestions and such, but I think that the thread looks great!
@starry--knight: Whoa. Your art is incredible, as are your characters.
@Sixbane: Good luck with your finals this week! Your new Kia is gorgeous. x.x
@Paranoia: Kambrin is cute! I love the colors that were used. Nice design!
@trashguts: That is a really unique character. I like her a lot!

Got these awesome icons of Toxin and Novi by Tweekling. o:

ImageImage

Also this cute drawing of Arcade by Ludde. I also ordered ones of Novi and Dee, but there was an issue with the link. I hoping that it can be fixed and that the image wasn't permanently deleted.

If you could only keep one of your characters, who would it be and why?
Ouch. I would be crushed to lose any of my characters, to be honest. Losing all but one would mess me up completely. If I had to choose one character to keep it would be Novi, though. I feel the most connected to him, to a point in which I don't think that I'd even want to collect characters anymore if I had to give him up. I really couldn't see myself parting with most of my characters, though. I'm not the type of person who sells characters easily, if at all. If I buy a character, they're usually here to stay.

How do you find most of the adopts you end up buying?
Of the ones that I purchase, I find them primarily through the design shops here on CS, or on DeviantArt.

Do you consider yourself a true character hoarder, or are you more just a character owner?
Just a character owner. I don't consider myself a hoarder at all. I have 15 characters in total right now, and I know exactly what I want to do with each of them. I'm really not an impulse buyer when it comes to characters. I only create and purchase ones which I know I will use.

do i, bvrd, have any characters you like or consider dream characters? link
Magic is my favorite of your characters. So cute. ;v;

What kind of character do you prefer? One that you make yourself or one that is made by someone else?
I really have no preference. Sometimes it is another person's design which catches my attention and inspires me, and sometimes I cannot find a character who suits what I'm looking for and I'll have to create one for myself.

Who are your top three favorite characters here
Probably Guts, Vincent, and Slime.

Whats your oc's hobby and/or occupation? Do they enjoy what they do?
For this I'm going to pick my still unnamed android boy who I designed a few days ago for a comic that I'm working on. His occupation is as a tracker who hunts down experiments and hybrids who have escaped and gone rogue. He doesn't exactly enjoy his job, but he doesn't dislike it enough to rebel against his creators. The threat of his mind being reprogrammed and overridden at any moment also keeps him focused on preforming his job without issue, even though subjecting his own kind to recapture and further experimentation does take it's toll on his conscience.

Where do you get your high quality reference sheets from?
If a character I have didn't already come with one, I usually just make one myself. I don't know if they'd be considered high quality, but the ones that I make are good enough for me. I have an amazing one from Sixbane, too. They make some amazing reference sheets!

When buying a character made on a base, do you think using a higher quality P2U base (Like this) raises the overall value of the design? Or do you think all bases are the same and have little effect on character value?
Honestly, I feel that it has very little effect on the value. Unless it's a creature-type oc who I want to be 100% original, I personally don't care if a dog or cat character was designed on a base or not. I also don't care if the base was free or on the cheaper end. It's the design and colors which matter to me. For example, my fursona Arcade was designed by Winelys11 on this base by ThatIllusiveHaven. It's adorable, but not really what I'd call a HQ reference. However, even though I did not pay a lot for him, I would have been willing to pay a lot due to the immediate connection which I felt to the design and colors. I later revamped his design and made this proper reference for him. If he already had this reference I wouldn't have considered him worth anymore than what I would have already been willing to pay.

Do you own any characters that you designed/created yourself? Show them off and explain what made you love them.
I've designed/created a few characters! Vic, Carter, this unnamed guy, and Clover. Carter is a fan character and Clover is based on my real life dog, though. So, Vic and my cyborg are the only ones which were 100% original.

Pick two characters and tell us
-their favorite food
-their favorite place to sleep
-favorite time of the day
-what they love and hate about each other

Novi and Dee
-Dee likes to eat french fries while Novi is more of an ice cream kind of guy. Dee enjoys dipping fries into Novi's ice cream.
-Novi likes the comfort of his own bed. Dee would be happy sleeping anywhere with cushions.
-Dee is a night owl. Novi likes to watch the sunrise, but after meeting Dee, he's had to adjust his sleeping schedule a bit.
-Novi and Dee share quite a few interests and hobbies, which they both love about each other. Novi also loves Dee's laid back attitude, though he sometimes wishes that Dee wasn't such an insomniac. Dee on the other hand wishes that Novi would open up a bit more while out in public, but he understands that Novi is a complicated guy, and he still adores him for it.
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby startea » Tue May 02, 2017 10:24 pm

Sorry for the quick post

I really need DA points for a character I really like, my goal is about 1000 so please help me.
I'm selling characters here.

_____
@Kat: congrats for the art! ^^
@Zailune: that species is super unique and also thank you so much for the points!
@Ardra: good luck selling
she/her
✦✧✦
startea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pvnkky » Tue May 02, 2017 11:49 pm

I got the most gorgeous custom design through from FuturisticWonderland on Deviantart and i fell in love with him almost instantly!!

Thats him! As i said he was a custom by FuturisticWonderland!

Im looking for art of him so pm me if youd be willing!!
I have all my cs pets and possibly da points!

@Tansy - good luck selling!!
@Kat - Arcade is gorgeous and all your art you got is wonderful!!
@Zailune - okay your species is adorable!! Imma check them out later!!
@Ardra - good luck selling!!
@starry--knight - both the characters are so nice! Congratulations!
╔━━━━ ☦ ━━━╗
my dA
My Characters
My Fursona

━━━━━━━ ☨ ━━━━━
Yo im Serina!
Call me Shizzz
or Mc Though ;)

brought to you by

β•šβ”β”β”β” ☦ ━━━╝
Pvnkky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Wed May 03, 2017 2:49 am

@ Mc Shizzle - oh my im swooning over that amazing design! Huge congrats on them I hope you can find some art to do them justice!
@ Zailune - aah I love events haha. I may join for the second one cause I quite like the colors but im pretty lazy and unpredictable lmao. I hope the species thrives <3
@ starry--knight - aah I am in awe of your designing style for that first boyo! Mannelig looks very pretty and oh my that art is stunning :0!
@ Sixbane - oh my all those kittens are adorable omg. aaah that kia is so nice looking and aaaha congrats!

I don't have to many new characters to introduce but I recently got some new kalons!

Meet Josephine or Joe for short. Not only is she the mom friend, she is also the mom I mean like everyone is her child and she will protect anyone and anything. She lives in an undersea kingdom but is part of the team that "dive" out and document the wildlife and environment around them.

and then whe have Darcia! She works in the mines with her adoptive mother, Odessa, even though most of them are closed up. She is constantly trying to keep her mother out of trouble but always ends up to get herself into more trouble. She just wants to make people happy honestly.

Moving on I was recently thinking of either selling or revamping some of my failed species when I first started doing adoptables. I picked out the ones I thought had the most potential and I was wondering if anyone would actually be interested and if so, would you rather have them be CS or DA adopts?
1 2 3
────────────
da | they/them | th
────────────
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me