▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL Nov/9/23-

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

What How to train your Dragon games have you played?

School of Dragons (Rip in pieces)
22%
Rise of Berk (App)
30%
Titan Uprising (App)
26%
Dawn of the Dragon riders (Switch)
9%
Legends of the Nine realms (Switch)
No votes
How to train your dragon 1 (All platforms)
9%
How to train your dragon 2 (All platforms)
4%
Other games (Apparently there's a lot? Discuss!)
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: ▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL April/18

Postby awofi » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:37 am

oh, this is so fun! i have so many collectibles and hoards of HTTYD merch, it's so nice to find a place to actually talk to people who also are httyd fanatics. nice to meet all of you, call me lamb!

Imagesave the beesImage
Imageplant some treesImage

and befriend me !

awofi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:57 am

awofi wrote:oh, this is so fun! i have so many collectibles and hoards of HTTYD merch, it's so nice to find a place to actually talk to people who also are httyd fanatics. nice to meet all of you, call me lamb!

Welcome! Nice to meet you too, lamb! Welcome swirl!

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ wrote:
It is a lovely drawing, Firefly.
Noni is just depressed rn and trying not to internet.
And apparently using 3rd person.

And Hello, Swirl!
I'll try to be in a better mood next time I post......

Hopefully you feel better soon! And like firefly said, take care of yourself! Breaks can also be helpful.
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:05 am

Ok, can we, for a minute, talk about how Hiccup almost looks younger in 3 than he did in 2 or even rtte?
'Cause on some real ish I think the boy either got slightly pudgy in the face, or they rounded him out for fear of his jawline cutting up the movie.
-
-
-
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage922,931Image203Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Ok, can we, for a minute, talk about how Hiccup almost looks younger in 3 than he did in 2 or even rtte?
'Cause on some real ish I think the boy either got slightly pudgy in the face, or they rounded him out for fear of his jawline cutting up the movie.
-
-
-
Oh wow, I didn't notice that! Holy carp lol. I definitely think he looks better with the sharper jawline.. On another note, I hated the beard when I first saw it in the previews, but honestly it's not that bad.. Same with Dagur tbh, the beard at first looked bad but I think they both look fabulous
Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate how pretty he is?? Like, in a purely aesthetic way, he is gorgeous.. The character designers really outdid themselves :0
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

💚my art💚💚cool playlist💚💚youtube💚💚artfight💚

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:20 pm

Soft Sand wrote:
    I've been on a HTTYD Book series kick recently - as a kid I read up to Book 7 and I'd like to repurchase the collection to finish it. In the meantime, though, I've been wiki-searching and pondering what I remember, and I got an idea.

Presenting: the Alvin the Treacherous alibi generator!
    (Based on "Alvin the Poor but Honest Farmer" and "Alphonse the Talented but Emotional French Chef")

Al(last syllable of your first name or nickname)
    the (current emotion)
    but (personal trait you'd like to change)
    (your least desirable entry-level job)

For example, I'm Albeth the Pensive but High-Strung Retail Worker.

Perfection.

Oh goodness, this is glorious qwq
I'm Almi the Relaxed but Snappy Gardener.

Side note- If you've only read up to book 7, you're in for a ride in book 8 and onward.
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:25 am

Soft Sand wrote:
FrostedFirefly wrote:Side note- If you've only read up to book 7, you're in for a ride in book 8 and onward.

About halfway through book 8 now and wow, I can see that's an understatement xD As much as I love the movies, I've gotta say all the details and themes even in this book alone have me hooked more strongly. I can't wait to complete the series!

There's a lot of reasons I can see the HTTYD books wouldn't work for a more faithful film adaptation (from the sheer length and number of plots/characters, to the often more crude or dark themes) but I'm kinda itching for maybe a short film featuring original Toothless. I'm already hyped to (hopefully) get the audiobooks for my birthday and hear how their interpretation of Dragonese sounds out loud; an animation would be even more interesting. Perhaps not a plot from the main series, but rather something focusing more on Toothless's general antics? Probably not gonna happen but it's nice to imagine. Wish I was any good at animation/voice-acting so I could do a fan-made one... someday I'll learn, I swear ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

---

On the subject of the movies, though (since I know they're more popular for this thread so more people can feel included) - strongly considering asking for Toothless-themed merch for my birthday in August. I love collecting plushies, and have my eye on one type in particular, but I could also love a shirt, or an enamel pin if they offer any, or even just some stickers or something.

Right now all I have collection-wise is a Toothless Build-a-Bear - the older one with the red tail; he's missing his wings but at least that makes him more huggable? - and a teeny-tiny plastic figurine who sits on my desk. I got the latter in a set with several other figurines but none of them caught my interest as much, so he's the only one on display for now. Always makes me happy to see them :3

Not really sure where I'm going with this but yeah. In a very HTTYD-obsessed mood lately x3 Hope everyone else is doing good!

Honestly, you're right about the books not being great for a movie adaptation, but I know you'll love the audiobooks! David Tennant is an amazing voice actor. Also, coincidence much, I have the same Toothless plushie.. I got it just about four years ago, I believe!
I'm also planning a bunch of httyd animatics and pmvs to start on once I finish my last commission at the moment..
Anyway, back on topic, honestly I'm always looking for any httyd merch.. I even watercolored a custom cover for my copy of book 12, but unfortunately it got tea spilled on it. Otherwise I'd post it here.. Anyway, I'm rambling about a ton of stuff, I should probably stop. Sorry about all this, lol, I just get so very excited to find another fan of the books..
Last edited by Eddie Ravenwood on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:53 am

I also have that Toothless plushie! I stole it from my brother because he was never that much of a fan and only got it for a now-ex, and he lives right next to my dog's bed where she occasionally picks him up to carry him with her. I can't explain it, but whenever she's feeling stressed she picks up a stuffed dragon from somewhere and carries it around for a bit - she also comes up to people in the house if they're not feeling great and gives them one of her Toothlesses. It's adorable.
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:10 am

I've been meaning to post it and gosh darn it, IT IS TIME.
-
-
-
-
-

From left to right I have;

Httyd 1-3, all seasons of RTTE, A tiny Stormfly and Toothless, The Mid-teir Toothless, Two of the 2010 Mc Donalds Toothless toys, The light fury herself (Came with the Blue Hiccup), The cheaper of the versions of Toothless, Hiccup, A tiny Toothless my mom got me off of wish, a Stormfly (I think) interestingly with the year 2016 on it from burger king, and lastly, my large-ish Toothless plushie. OH and I have a toothless keyring, but I need to fix him 'cause he fell off.

I may be adding the Purple/orange Nadder.

I swear I don't have a problem, man.

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cartoon Addict » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:01 pm

I've been meaning to post it and gosh darn it, IT IS TIME.
-
-
-
-
-

From left to right I have;

Httyd 1-3, all seasons of RTTE, A tiny Stormfly and Toothless, The Mid-teir Toothless, Two of the 2010 Mc Donalds Toothless toys, The light fury herself (Came with the Blue Hiccup), The cheaper of the versions of Toothless, Hiccup, A tiny Toothless my mom got me off of wish, a Stormfly (I think) interestingly with the year 2016 on it from burger king, and lastly, my large-ish Toothless plushie. OH and I have a toothless keyring, but I need to fix him 'cause he fell off.

I may be adding the Purple/orange Nadder.

I swear I don't have a problem, man.

So cute! The small Toothless and Stormfly Plush toys in the back I have too, along with Hookfang, Lightfurry and the eggs they came in.
Cartoon Addict

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL July/11/

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am

Ok, it's lame that you can only pick two when there are three of them. I'd go for the white one and black/blue eyes, personally, but I would cry at missing the 3rd. Also, Build a bear can get over themselves. It's poor taste to make them so exclusive when the franchise itself practically throws them at you, which they aren't required to do.

I may have found and bought the tiny hookfang plushie, as well as scoring one of the white night light. Weirdly, only the tail has the black markings; I thought it was just the Light fury until I opened it. idk if it's just an error or what--- Do any of yall have the white night light? Can confirm?

And on a controversial toy note, I might cut the tags off. They're half the size of the dragon itself, and throw off the little dudes balance when it comes to sitting them up.

My Dragon Cave Thread
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me