Voltron: Legendary Defender » Fanclub V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Voltron: Legendary Defender » Fanclub V1

Postby Naxa » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:02 am

winstalgia wrote:
loverboy_ wrote:
loverboy_ wrote:People who actually finished this series: Did we ever get to meet any non-military Galra? Like, regular Galra people just living their lives? Civilian Galra?

This has haunted me

So I guess not? Terrible.

yeah... I cant recall any either. Its bothering me now.

I guess that is pretty disappointing when you think about it.
____________________I'm here to save you____________________
Naxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Mannn I missed this place. It makes me happy that you guys are still here, despite all the drama towards the end of the series. This was my favorite corner of the fandom when I was a fan of the show
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rules & Misc info

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Up to date?: Y (if you mean on the show, but I read your rules too)
Seasons you've watched: all of the ones currently up
Favourite
    Paladin: Keith and Pidge
    Lion: Blue or Black
    Character: Cosmo!!
Your ships, if any: some of mine involve ocs...but also Klance, my baby boys
Anything else: XD hi
Serenity
Good night, sweet Braveheart, we will miss you and never forget you. Fri. Apr. 8 2016
Julius went missing September 19 2022, assumed to have passed away.
My sweet angel, Storm, you were a birthday gift to me. Now, you return to heaven today- October 16 (2023)
-Canines, Cats, Horses, Tolters, SCS babs, Rukami, RWBW, Sprigons, Teacats
You are eternally screwed once Castiel turns his big blue puppy eyes on you...

Furtopia

Name: Darkness
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rules & Misc info

Postby Naxa » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:09 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:Up to date?: Y (if you mean on the show, but I read your rules too)
Seasons you've watched: all of the ones currently up
Favourite
    Paladin: Keith and Pidge
    Lion: Blue or Black
    Character: Cosmo!!
Your ships, if any: some of mine involve ocs...but also Klance, my baby boys
Anything else: XD hi

Welcome! Also Cosmo is a really good boy and I love him to
Naxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:10 pm

XP thank you
I like Kova too. Named a husky oc in another fandom that bc I just like that name so much
Actually named a game character wolf Cosmo, too
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:43 am

Naxa wrote:
winstalgia wrote:yeah... I cant recall any either. Its bothering me now.

The thing about this is, it’s really easy to call an entire race “the enemy” when you’ve never met one who wasn’t a soldier fighting against you. They do this so the viewer has no sympathy, no second thoughts about what the heroes are doing.
They came close with Lotor, but then pulled it all back the moment it was found that Alteans were harmed. It was all fine until then, all his past crimes against however many other peoples, but Alteans? Scrap it all, leave him in the Quintessence field, goodbye.
This stuff just really annoys me.
At least now I know that I can write civilian Galra however I want.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naxa » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:08 am

Rinovo wrote:
Mannn I missed this place. It makes me happy that you guys are still here, despite all the drama towards the end of the series. This was my favorite corner of the fandom when I was a fan of the show

Aaaw that's actually pretty sweet.

Honestly for me this was the only part of the fandom I really engaged with because I was afraid of everyone else :lol:
Naxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:38 pm

loverboy_ wrote:
Naxa wrote:
winstalgia wrote:yeah... I cant recall any either. Its bothering me now.

The thing about this is, it’s really easy to call an entire race “the enemy” when you’ve never met one who wasn’t a soldier fighting against you. They do this so the viewer has no sympathy, no second thoughts about what the heroes are doing.
They came close with Lotor, but then pulled it all back the moment it was found that Alteans were harmed. It was all fine until then, all his past crimes against however many other peoples, but Alteans? Scrap it all, leave him in the Quintessence field, goodbye.
This stuff just really annoys me.
At least now I know that I can write civilian Galra however I want.

I agree completely. The Galra were also represented with dark and dissonant color schemes, threatening music, monstrous appearances, and harsh-sounding names. Meanwhile, the Alteans were shown as softer and more human. I assumed these cues made it easier for the younger audience to understand what 'side' the different aliens were on, but at some point the "good race vs bad race" coding ventured into some concerning territory.
I also wish the situation with Lotor was explained in more detail. I think the situation was more complicated than the simple "Lotor murdered Alteans" first impression we got. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to explain himself completely, and now he never will. I'm not too satisfied with how Lotor's arc ended.
But I'd love to hear about your civilian Galra! (Also, feel free to PM me about the Galra/Lotor/anything ^^)
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:49 am

SunnyJustice wrote:I agree completely. The Galra were also represented with dark and dissonant color schemes, threatening music, monstrous appearances, and harsh-sounding names. Meanwhile, the Alteans were shown as softer and more human. I assumed these cues made it easier for the younger audience to understand what 'side' the different aliens were on, but at some point the "good race vs bad race" coding ventured into some concerning territory.
I also wish the situation with Lotor was explained in more detail. I think the situation was more complicated than the simple "Lotor murdered Alteans" first impression we got. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to explain himself completely, and now he never will. I'm not too satisfied with how Lotor's arc ended.
But I'd love to hear about your civilian Galra! (Also, feel free to PM me about the Galra/Lotor/anything ^^)

It’s been a pretty darn long time since I’ve watched or cared about the show so it’s unlikely I’ll be doing any real work with the Galra. Though it’s nice to see a kindred soul here.

As for Lotor... I think he was trying to extract Quintessence from the Alteans? What bothers me is that it was the Alteans being harmed that made Allura turn her back on him. If his previous evil deeds really bothered her, she wouldn’t have wanted to be with him at all. I understand it, I really do, but it’s this sort of “it’s okay as long as it’s not my people” idea that bothers me.
I’m a big fan of redemption arcs, I love Prince Zuko and Loki and Kylo Ren. So when a character is shown to be sorry, and trying to be better, but then that all goes away, I get annoyed.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:57 am

loverboy_ wrote:
SunnyJustice wrote:I agree completely. The Galra were also represented with dark and dissonant color schemes, threatening music, monstrous appearances, and harsh-sounding names. Meanwhile, the Alteans were shown as softer and more human. I assumed these cues made it easier for the younger audience to understand what 'side' the different aliens were on, but at some point the "good race vs bad race" coding ventured into some concerning territory.

It’s been a pretty darn long time since I’ve watched or cared about the show so it’s unlikely I’ll be doing any real work with the Galra. Though it’s nice to see a kindred soul here.

As for Lotor... I think he was trying to extract Quintessence from the Alteans? What bothers me is that it was the Alteans being harmed that made Allura turn her back on him. If his previous evil deeds really bothered her, she wouldn’t have wanted to be with him at all. I understand it, I really do, but it’s this sort of “it’s okay as long as it’s not my people” idea that bothers me.
I’m a big fan of redemption arcs, I love Prince Zuko and Loki and Kylo Ren. So when a character is shown to be sorry, and trying to be better, but then that all goes away, I get annoyed.

I will never get over the fact that Lotor was thrown under the bus. That's what disappointed me most
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery