Breyer/Model Horse Fan Club v.2

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Breyer Model Horse Fan Club v.2

Postby faentofheart » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:42 pm

TC Latest Rage wrote:Alright so y’all I went on vacation and saw a Christmas light walk trough with fantasy caves
Does anyone else see 3 semi reading horses and 1 vintage 5 gaiter

Most definitely! Some people copy Breyer molds and think they can get away with it :,) I’ve seen a few Breyer copies out there too.
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SarcasticLoner » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 am

So, Breyerfest online again this year. I know it's not what most of you were hoping for but I'm honestly stoked as it means I actually get to "go" for the first time. Anyone got any predictions/theories for special runs or the surprise model? c:
“ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ — ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ɪꜰ ɪ ᴡɪꜱʜᴇᴅ. ɪꜰ ɪ ᴅᴀʀᴇᴅ.”

"ᴍᴏʀᴀʟʟʏ ɢʀᴇʏ? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ꜱᴀʏ, ɢʀᴇʏ'ꜱ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴠᴏᴜʀɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏᴜʀ"

ImageImage

ImageImage
SarcasticLoner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faentofheart » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:16 am

Луната wrote:
So, Breyerfest online again this year. I know it's not what most of you were hoping for but I'm honestly stoked as it means I actually get to "go" for the first time. Anyone got any predictions/theories for special runs or the surprise model? c:

Since the theme is a horse of a different color, I’m assuming there’s going to be a lot of filigrees, appies, and maybe even a brindle or chim! Im hoping to see the new premier club molds like vermeer, altynai or troubadour! Im excited too, I can’t actually go to breyerfest either :,) what are you hoping to see? <3

Extra,, I got my first premier club membership as a gift this year, YALL I can’t even describe how excited I am
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PandoraDiskenth » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:08 am

Hello!
New interest here.
When I was younger I used to obsess with horses and Breyers were my dream. I had a bunch but when my parents decided to get divorced things got nasty and my small collection got thrown away. The I had some later that just kind of disappeared and I was left heart broken so I stopped collecting. BUT I was always curious how Breyerfest worked. Do you paint your own to get judged? Is it usually like a whole actual festival?
I really love horses and It's my dream to have some one day. I love how majestic and regal they are even down to the artistic way every muscle moves <3.
Anyway, thank you for your time ^^

PandoraDiskenth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SarcasticLoner » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:08 am

RangerTheCowPony wrote:
Since the theme is a horse of a different color, I’m assuming there’s going to be a lot of filigrees, appies, and maybe even a brindle or chim! Im hoping to see the new premier club molds like vermeer, altynai or troubadour! Im excited too, I can’t actually go to breyerfest either :,) what are you hoping to see? <3

Extra,, I got my first premier club membership as a gift this year, YALL I can’t even describe how excited I am

Oh I'd love to see some brindles! Critically underrepresented in the OF Breyer world, I'd also love to see some of the more unusual appaloosa patterns and maybe even some primitive colours. c:

PandoraDiskenth wrote:Hello!
New interest here.
When I was younger I used to obsess with horses and Breyers were my dream. I had a bunch but when my parents decided to get divorced things got nasty and my small collection got thrown away. The I had some later that just kind of disappeared and I was left heart broken so I stopped collecting. BUT I was always curious how Breyerfest worked. Do you paint your own to get judged? Is it usually like a whole actual festival?
I really love horses and It's my dream to have some one day. I love how majestic and regal they are even down to the artistic way every muscle moves <3.

I've never been in person myself due to living in Europe, so I can't tell you an awful lot about showing at Breyerfest. But yes, it is usually a three day festival held annually in the Kentucky Horse Park. Theres tonnes of vlog videos on YouTube regarding it, might be worth having a look at a few to get a general idea of it. c:
“ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ — ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ɪꜰ ɪ ᴡɪꜱʜᴇᴅ. ɪꜰ ɪ ᴅᴀʀᴇᴅ.”

ImageImage

ImageImage
SarcasticLoner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faentofheart » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:30 am

Small question,, does anyone else feel that the fjord models is outdated?? I would KILL for a new fjord mold from Breyer

Edit:

Is it just me or does the Breyer collecta przewalski mold look,, off? Like the neck is ?? I don’t even know how to explain it
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SarcasticLoner » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:50 am

RangerTheCowPony wrote:Small question,, does anyone else feel that the fjord models is outdated?? I would KILL for a new fjord mold from Breyer

Edit:

Is it just me or does the Breyer collecta przewalski mold look,, off? Like the neck is ?? I don’t even know how to explain it
[photo snip]

Whilst I love my little Henry I will admit a new traditional Fjord is definitely overdue, I can't wait for the Stablemate Lyric's to ship though, so happy I managed to snag one. Fjords are hands down my favourite horse breed, I've had so many molds fjord-ified is that even a word haha. I've just had a look at my Przewalski, his neck is actually turned so I think thats why it looks a bit off in the stock photos. It's stretched around on his off-side. c:

ImageImage

ImageImage
SarcasticLoner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberWolf » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:21 am

@Ranger - Congrats on your premier club membership! That's awesome - looks like it's going to be a great year, too.

PandoraDiskenth wrote:Hello!
New interest here.

Welcome! Sorry to hear that your original herd got tossed - I understand going through a parents divorce :/

BreyerFest is a three day event held in Lexington, Kentucky every July. In 2020 it was virtual due to the pandemic, and they just announced yesterday that for 2021 it will be virtual again! So you can attend it virtually if you want. Usually, it is a huge festival with lots of guest horses (including horses that have been made into Breyers, so you can see the real horse next to its plastic counterpart, and meet and greet them), real horse performances and displays, live entertainment, and of course lots of model horses. There are special Breyer models available only at the event, which is a huge draw for many attendees. There is also a live model horse show, contests (such as the best custom contest and best diorama contest), workshops, and the like. And tons of shopping... so much shopping! An official Breyer store, hundreds of independent Breyer and other model horse vendors, artists, real horse stuff vendors, and an entire hotel that becomes a crazy shopping mall of people selling model horses out of their rooms. Basically, it's model horse heaven :lol: Thousands of people attend every year, of all ages.

I've been lucky enough to attend twice in person, and once virtually. For the virtual event, they basically just digitized all the performances, did video interviews with the guest horses and owners, and moved all the shopping online. It was a bit messy because it was a somewhat last-minute decision to cancel the in-person event last year, but this year they've already decided early so they can be sure the virtual event runs smoothly.
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fallenleaf » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:54 am

While we are on the topic of breyerfest since I’ve never been to breyerfest, or even to the Kentucky horse park. Do people trade Breyer horses too? I really enjoying trading. I only have a few models myself, and I still have a blank model to paint. Also, are there any safe websites to buy old/ retired brewers other than eBay, Marketplace, etc?
Last edited by Fallenleaf on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! Im Fallenleaf. I enjoy drawing. Ask me about commisions!
Fallenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberWolf » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:59 am

Fallenleaf wrote:While we are on the topic of breyerfest since I’ve never been to breyerfest, or even to the Kentucky horse park as much as I love horses. Do people trade Breyer horses too? I really enjoying trading. I only have a few models myself, and I still have a blank model to paint. Also, are there any safe websites to buy old/ retired brewers other than eBay, Marketplace, etc?

Yes! People do trade Breyers and other model horses all the time. That said, trades are always more riskier than just buying and selling since you have to trust the other person will send their half, but there are ways to make it safer (like backing it with Paypal, both of you send each other the same amount of money [say $35 if the horses you are trading are valued about that], if one person doesn't fulfill their end of the deal, you can file a claim on Paypal and get at least your money's worth back, even if not the horse).

People buy, sell, and trade on Model Horse Sales Pages, a.k.a. MH$P. It's basically just a classifieds for model horses, since you answer ads by emailing the person who posted them. Most people there are good and trusthworthy, but you can join the Facebook group Model Horse Transaction Board to search for reviews about that person. There are also lots of Facebook model horse buy/sell/trade groups that aren't Marketplace, just groups.
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me