Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby NovaSkye » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:01 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
Hey there guys! Before I posted my form I wanted to get some opinions on my little guy's outfit here this year. He's supposed to be a bumble bee, but I'm not too sure if it's a good enough and recognizable costume?
I really want to keep with dressing a little dwarf hamster this year, because they're just adorable.

That lil guy is too cute! I can tell he is a bumblebee, but if you happen to have this item:
The "Yellow/Orange Harness", it will look like the yellow stripes!
I used to love this site. I was very active, helped around with LO/LO, and engaged in the adopt communities. I found myself losing interest and seeing more toxicity on here and from people here over on other websites. I don't find myself on here anymore and I doubt I'll come back. To my friends: I miss you. I hope you're well. Hopefully 2020 gets better for us. See you on the other side.
NovaSkye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:22 am

Celozon wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:
Hey there guys! Before I posted my form I wanted to get some opinions on my little guy's outfit here this year. He's supposed to be a bumble bee, but I'm not too sure if it's a good enough and recognizable costume?
I really want to keep with dressing a little dwarf hamster this year, because they're just adorable.

I recognized this immediately, before I even read anything you said, so I'd say its definitely good! I love the different items you used to dress him up, he's the cutest little bumblebee!

Thank you so much Celozon, that really makes me glad someone can recognize what he's supposed to be!

Everfaith13 wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:

That lil guy is too cute! I can tell he is a bumblebee, but if you happen to have this item:
The "Yellow/Orange Harness", it will look like the yellow stripes!

Oh my goodness! That is a wonderful idea, thank you so much! It really does add to the lil guy.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby britneyrox » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:26 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:

This one is SO cute! I think it's so creative how you used non-costume items to build something of your own, so you'll definitely have a one-of-a-kind costume dressup, which is really cool.

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby messenger » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:36 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:

this the cutest costume I've seen so far
    I recognized it as soon as I laid eyes on it,
    seriously good job!
messenger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:22 am

@Elemental
    I really love your costume, it's so adorable ♥
    And it can be recognized very well

And I'm here to introduce my trick-or-treater, Private Investigator Hamish D. Woof (the D stands for Dog harharhar)
    I used him last year already and I almost used another pet, but I love him and his trope and so I decided to make him my regular LOLO pet
    This year he's dressed as a space cowboy... and he doesn't like it... but he does it for the sake of all Chickensmoothians

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby satyn » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:53 am

@ElementalInsanity - it's very creative and I could easily tell what it was!
@tenlittlesoldierboys - I honestly forgot space cowboys were a thing, but I could definitely tell that your investigator is a cowboy. After your mention that it was a space cowboy, the antennae definitely helped show that. If you wanted to make him even more spacey, you could put him in an astronaut suit, haha.

I'd like some feedback on my form. First of all, my pet is dressing up as something that might make religious people uncomfortable? I'm hoping it's not. My pet is a demon, but of no specific kind.
Secondly, I was wondering if a pet cat would be considered as a companion while trick or treating, and therefore, not allowed.

The moon cast a fine glow through Cosette's bedroom window as she stared out with pupil less orbs. Of course, they were fake - it was all part of her costume for Halloween!
"I should've practiced putting these in more often," the canine muttered, blinking rapidly at the feel of the white contacts encasing her visible eye. Replacing her grimace with a bright grin, she continued putting her accessories on. Red streaks dyed her long dark hair and dark gray ram horns lay strapped to her forehead. This year, she was planning on being an ominous demon, complete with a scythe. To complete the look, Cosette was bringing her black cat, Pepper.
"This is going to be great!" Cosette squealed, quickly snatching a pillowcase and beckoning Pepper to follow her out the door.

Outside, the canine's ears perked up at the sound of murmurs and excited chatter of other trick-or-treaters in the distance. Stars twinkled above, and the Halloween décor made the whole scene look magical. Deciding to roam around wherever her paws took her, Cosette padded along the sidewalk until she chose a random house to walk up to. The grass under her coal-colored paws made her nerves tingle as she clutched her pillowcase tight, with Pepper not too far behind.
Walking up to the lit home, Cosette extended an arm and rapped on the door. Puffing up her chest, she mustered a breath before yelling out,

"Trick or treat!"
status: moving on with life but I still lurk here <o/ been playing valorant + genshin + honkai star rail
[ SHE/HER ⎯ DV ⎯ MY KALS/CHARSKIMCHIQUACK ]

satyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:58 am

@britneyrox @messenger @tenlittlesoldierboys
Thank you guys so much. ^-^" It makes me feel a lot better about my little guy's costume now.

@tenlittlesoliderboys
I remember him from last year!! He was so super cute! I'm glad you decided to use him again, it's kinda neat to see the story continue for our PI. x3

So before I post my form, I was wanting a bit more advice as far as my story goes. This is only my second year so I'm just wanting to make sure it's all good as far as costume goes and story.
Velvet was jumping all around, trying to find the pieces to his costume. Halloween was the one time of year he could dress up without having to be questioned just WHY he was dressing up. The unfortunate thing was his size, or specifically lack of. Being so tiny it was hard to piece together what he had wanted to bee this year. A little bit of yellow glitter here, a black sweater there -it was going to be cold anyways- and his little wings. Just out the door ready to adventure and trick or treat when Velvet realized, he'd forgotten his antennae and flashlight! Spooky things could be out and about!

Speaking of beeing out and about, Velvet needed to use his little wings and be off! Well, his feet, but no one else needed to know his little wings couldn't actually flutter. It was so exciting to see the other dress ups, and to see what the houses even dressed up as! Well yes, of course houses dressed up too, with their little pumpkins and spiderwebs and whatnots. Scrambling his little self up steps and adjusting his antennae, it was time to gather his courage and see what all the buzz was about with this. First house, lights on... Raising his little paw Velvet knocked several times rapidly, to make sure he could be heard, and raised his squeaky little voice. "Trick or Treat!"
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby montmorency » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:49 am

Hey guys! This is my second year doing LO/LO, and I guess I never really posted on the fanclub last year. Anyways, I'd like some opinions on my dressup and story!

This is my second year using Red, but this year she has a much different costume. (Last year she was an RPG ranger).

And the story:
    Red put her black-framed glasses on, smiling in excitement. Halloween! Her favorite holiday, not just for the candy. The spooky things were awesome. She walked up to the fullbody mirror near her door, admiring her White Rabbit costume. It was complete with a stuffed rabbit.
    xxRed grabbed her candy bag, an orange felt bag with a black cat head on the front. She moved to her bed, hopping on it and looking out the large windows. She watched as a squirrel dashed across her outside window, before looking out the rest of the window. It was getting dark, and Red could hear people talking loudly. She lived near a park and a major road, so it was never surprising.
    xxShe took her phone out of her pocket, clicking the home button and checking the time. Three minutes. Ughhh, she was too excited.
    xxOne minute... Seven'o'clock! Red tightened her grip on her candy bag and bounced off her bed. She stuffed her phone back into her pocket and walked to the door. Putting her paw on the door, she called, "I'm going trick-or-treating! Bye!"
    xxRed's parents said goodbye and she dashed out the door and down her private road. Other trick-or-treaters were everywhere.

Red walked up a path, candy bag in her mouth like the rest of the local kids and teens. She placed it gently on the ground, and then rang the doorbell.
    xx"Trick or treat!"
    x𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
    ┌─────────┐

hey, i'm mont! i'm an
    american student who
    likes history and is on
    line sometimes.
    feel free to pm me.
    ───────✪───────
    they/she • adult • cst
    art listo mit

└─────────┘
    x𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

---

Postby skies » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Hello everyone! This is my first time actally reading into LOLO! I saw some people doing it last year, and I had no clue what it was.

Now that I know what it is and how to play, I just wanted some feedback on my costume. Is it recognizable?
    I don't really have many items that go well together, so I hope this is good enough! c:
    (Criticism is definitely allowed!)
skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:34 pm

//I haven't had much time on the computer today so I didn't get a chance to respond to everyone, but I love all the costumes to far, I'm a sucker for creativity when it comes to costumes, I love seeing what you all can come up with! <3

satyn wrote:I'd like some feedback on my form. First of all, my pet is dressing up as something that might make religious people uncomfortable? I'm hoping it's not. My pet is a demon, but of no specific kind.
Secondly, I was wondering if a pet cat would be considered as a companion while trick or treating, and therefore, not allowed.

The moon cast a fine glow through Cosette's bedroom window as she stared out with pupil less orbs. Of course, they were fake - it was all part of her costume for Halloween!
"I should've practiced putting these in more often," the canine muttered, blinking rapidly at the feel of the white contacts encasing her visible eye. Replacing her grimace with a bright grin, she continued putting her accessories on. Red streaks dyed her long dark hair and dark gray ram horns lay strapped to her forehead. This year, she was planning on being an ominous demon, complete with a scythe. To complete the look, Cosette was bringing her black cat, Pepper.
"This is going to be great!" Cosette squealed, quickly snatching a pillowcase and beckoning Pepper to follow her out the door.

Outside, the canine's ears perked up at the sound of murmurs and excited chatter of other trick-or-treaters in the distance. Stars twinkled above, and the Halloween décor made the whole scene look magical. Deciding to roam around wherever her paws took her, Cosette padded along the sidewalk until she chose a random house to walk up to. The grass under her coal-colored paws made her nerves tingle as she clutched her pillowcase tight, with Pepper not too far behind.
Walking up to the lit home, Cosette extended an arm and rapped on the door. Puffing up her chest, she mustered a breath before yelling out,

"Trick or treat!"

We tend to get plenty of demon/demonic dressups and I've never seen anyone take offense to it, I have a feeling anyone who would, wouldn't really be interested in playing a Halloween-based game since they would also likely have obligations to Halloween itself. Of course that may vary from person to person, but its never been a problem before so you should need to worry about it.

Anyway, your story and costume look great! The cat is fine, we only count pet items as an additional trick or treater if they are intelligent in the story and specifically trick or treating with your pet.

starkiller, wrote:

Hello everyone! This is my first time actally reading into LOLO! I saw some people doing it last year, and I had no clue what it was.

Now that I know what it is and how to play, I just wanted some feedback on my costume. Is it recognizable?
    I don't really have many items that go well together, so I hope this is good enough! c:
    (Criticism is definitely allowed!)

You should probably say somewhere in your story exactly what it is since this isn't a costume that would be immediately recognizable as a common costume (or common way of doing a costume). For instance if someone were doing a vampire usually its fairly easy to tell as long as they have included things we typically relate t vampires, aka, fangs, dark cloaks, maybe some red contacts thrown in there, etc. If I had to hazard a guess at this one I'd say it looks along the lines of angelic or even like a goddess type dress up, which could count as complete, just as long as you let us know what it is in the story. Hopefully that makes sense! I love how it looks so far though! And if you do feel your costume needs more but you don't have the items, I more than happy to help out providing a few extras to complete it.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me