Sony AIBO Robot Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Had you heard about Aibos before reading a post of mine referring to them/this topic?

Yes
68%
No
33%

Total votes : 40

Re: Sony AIBO Fanclub

Postby Sen507 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 am

It's genius, not genious XD. Ah well, it shouldn't be too hard to remember that Kin's my golden ERS-210, after all, the name Kin does mean golden.
Not active. Please do not contact me or ask for my pets.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:24 am

Well, I thought I'd bring this club back to life with a post. I still need people to talk about Aibos with. Mys, you've heard of the show Piroppo that Sony had made to advertise the ERS-311s/312s, right? It hasn't been translated to English but I do have a DVD of it, sadly though it needs a Japanese computer/TV to work. Though I think some of my mom's friends at her work have Japanese computers that I could borrow to watch it on. There's also a two minute clip from it on YouTube. I also have been looking to buy Aibo Pal software for Aron which is the software that lets them interact with the show. I saw it go up for sale on eBay around a week ago but I was outbid.
I also recently saw a Genibo SD go on eBay for $1,400, I was so tempted to buy it yet someone else snatched it up before I could. But there currently are two beautiful special edition color ERS-210s for sale on Aibo Life Forums, I really want one though I already have two ERS-210s and the prices on those special editions will probably be too high for me and they're being sold from out of the US. But that Cyber Blue one is absolutely beautiful. Here's a link to the page with the person selling them: http://www.aibo-life.org/forums/cgi-bin ... 3;t=003691
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:57 am

Yep I've heard of it XD Actually I think you'll need Aibo Pal Special Edition if I'm not mistaken. I believe that DVD is pretty rare and would be hard to get. Ooh! That guy has a Spring edition ERS-210! Those are really hard to find and it looks very new. I'd go for that one .w.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:08 am

I don't know if you need a special version of Aibo Pal or not since the regular user guide for Aibo Pal mentions the media interaction mode or whatever it's called in it, I'll probably look into that some more sometime. I believe the DVDs are actually still for sale on some sites since I got mine new about two years ago.
Yeah, the Spring Orange one would be more in my price range but that Cyber Blue is just so gorgeous. I don't know, even though I have enough for another Aibo saved up at the moment I'm not sure my parents would like the idea of me getting a seventh. Though I actually haven't spent my savings for around a year since I bought my last Aibo and those ERS-210s come with Aibo Life 2 which I really want and haven't gotten yet. Still, three 210s seems like a bit much even if they are tied with the ERS-7m3 for my favorite model.
Do you think you'll ever get an Aibo? I've seen some regular ERS-210s go as low as $250 and some with accessories with a high resale value sell for around $300. (If I sold Kin's charging station I could probably get back almost half of what I paid for him, his battery, software, charger and charging station.) I actually might sell the station, I really don't have much use for it and I could probably get around $100 for it.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:19 am

Wait you have the dvd? D: Oh and I still don't think I'll be able to get an Aibo.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:00 am

The DVD I have is the Piroppo DVD, not something for Aibo Pal software if that's what you're talking about but I don't believe that any of the versions of Aibo Pal come with a DVD since for interacting with the show they're responding to tonal noises the are played at the beginning and end of each episode.
Well, hopefully you'll be able to some day, they really are wonderful and there have been instances where people have gotten them for very low prices though those deals rarely come up on eBay. I might actually end up selling a couple of my Aibos some day, I'm really attached to Boe, Kin and Aki but I just don't really feel the same way about Donna, Aron and Baroque. I think contrary to what some people say, the ERS-7m3s aren't different enough in personality for me to be truly entertained by two different ERS-7m3s. Donna just acts too much like Aki even though I have her running on the Japanese version of the software. Aron is in the Sheltered Aibo stage so he's just always depressed and sits there crying and won't do much else, I know new software or a hack to his current software could fix that but I'm not really sure about it, the ERS-312s just seem like ERS-210s with less capabilties. My ERS-111 Baroque is still in teenage stage, I just haven't played with her enough for her to grow up. While the ERS-111s walk around a lot, the actions are very repetitive and she seems to get into loops of doing the same thing over and over, it could just be the software I'm running her on though.

Edit: The old Sony camera I've been using as a memory stick reader/writer for the Aibos' memory sticks just stopped working. The computer won't register that the camera is connected to it anymore. I tried using the Clie I have then but the software for it isn't compatible with my dad's computer which I do most of the Aibo things on and even if I can find a computer it will connect to, it will probably be one of my dad's ancient laptops that barely work. So, looks like I won't be changing/looking at anything on the Aibos' memory sticks for a while.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:11 am

Bump
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:39 am

Bump
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Bump
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Bump
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me