▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL Nov/9/23-

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

What How to train your Dragon games have you played?

School of Dragons (Rip in pieces)
22%
Rise of Berk (App)
30%
Titan Uprising (App)
26%
Dawn of the Dragon riders (Switch)
9%
Legends of the Nine realms (Switch)
No votes
How to train your dragon 1 (All platforms)
9%
How to train your dragon 2 (All platforms)
4%
Other games (Apparently there's a lot? Discuss!)
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: ▆▇█ ▌How to Train your Dragon FC ▌█▇▆ -NEW POLL Jun/12/1

Postby FuryBotWimzie » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:39 pm

AtlasHyperion wrote:Honestly, I feel like I had higher hopes for the third movie than I should have. It was still a really good movie, and the critics seemed to have agreed, but I feel like for the ending of such an amazing trilogy of movies that so many people loved and held close to their hearts, it should have been a little more fulfilling. Might just be me.

Maaaan, I totally get where you're coming from! I can't help but feel like the second movie blew me away more somehow? I think that probably has something to do with the fact that I wasn't as hardcore of a fan back in 2014, and when I went to go see it in the theater, my thoughts were essentially, "Well, I know I liked the first one, so this has to be passable at least." And then I witnessed an unexpected hour and forty-five minutes of absolute mastery that I couldn't believe was real, and my first thought when the credits started rolling was, "THAT'S how you sequel!"

It helped that I wasn't so obsessed, is what I think I'm getting at. I wasn't spoiled about anything and I had average expectations. I had the entirely opposite experience with THW, which is probably my fault, since I made a point of watching pretty much every single TV spot we were given multiple times over. I don't like to gripe about them putting spoilers in the commercials, but I actually think they did do that this time. Would've been better if a certain scene in particular never saw any other screen but a theater one before the film came out everywhere. The terrible, spaced-out release dates didn't help either, since leaks were all over the place. I subscribed to too many HTTYD-related feeds and screwed myself over. :lol:

As for the movie itself, there were things I loved so very much about it-- but also things I wasn't a fan of, that revolve mainly around the story. It's a bit of a jump from loving practically everything about the first two films, sans a joke or two that fell flat for me.
    Hi! I'm Wimzie, and I'm a female adult player
    from the Midwest! I love cartoons/animated films,
    pro wrestling, and video games, to cover it all broadly.

FuryBotWimzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby infinityfate » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:31 am

I've been hesitant about posting here because the reactions have been so positive, but I really didn't enjoy it at all. Visually, it was stunning (except the horrific design of the 'Light Fury', that was not explained or justified in any way). The story itself? Ohhh boy... Let's just say I spent some time ranting with a friend.
infinityfate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fιяєfℓу » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:41 am

How did i never noticed this before?
I really liked third movie, light fury design isnt that abd in my opinion
Also Hobgobblers :o
fιяєfℓу

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:08 pm

I'm personally going to go into watching the movie with an open mind- some say it doesn't have the feel it should and some could rave about how much they liked it for days. To each their own, and shall no others opinions color mine.

The light fury's design could have literally been anything and I'd have probably just went with it. You get these people who are all wrapped up on whether or not she's just a color variation or her own species, and tbh- I don't give a flying toss either way. I like to think of her design in the context that it had to make sense to small children. Depending on the age and level off understanding, kids will make the most sense out of things that look similar, because whether they're aware off it or not, it gives them a better reason to equate the two together. Think of those baby toys with the different shaped blocks and holes. Same basic, underlying concept.

Besides that
(highlight for text) Their babies are cute and tumblr can fight me.
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage1,059,569 Image1,189Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FuryBotWimzie » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:33 am

infinityfate wrote:I've been hesitant about posting here because the reactions have been so positive, but I really didn't enjoy it at all. Visually, it was stunning (except the horrific design of the 'Light Fury', that was not explained or justified in any way). The story itself? Ohhh boy... Let's just say I spent some time ranting with a friend.

Slightly spoilery below this line:
Provided we're both thinking about the same elements from it, I get what you mean about the story-- not being as good as the first two films, I think. One major thing for me was the way the "final decision" of sorts went down. I don't want to go into specifics here, but man... I always pictured that particular moment to be more... urgent? Not just based on a "something else bad will inevitably happen down the line" kind of perspective. It felt like the characters had more than one choice, but they went with the sad one just to make things more dramatic and made it out like there was no other choice.

⚆ _ ⚆ wrote:How did i never noticed this before?
I really liked third movie, light fury design isnt that abd in my opinion
Also Hobgobblers :o

Eeee, I loved the Hobgobblers way more than I was expecting to! Creepy yet cute!

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ wrote:
I'm personally going to go into watching the movie with an open mind- some say it doesn't have the feel it should and some could rave about how much they liked it for days. To each their own, and shall no others opinions color mine.

That's definitely a good mindset to go in with! ^^
    Hi! I'm Wimzie, and I'm a female adult player
    from the Midwest! I love cartoons/animated films,
    pro wrestling, and video games, to cover it all broadly.

FuryBotWimzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby infinityfate » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:10 am

FuryBotWimzie wrote:Slightly spoilery below this line:
Provided we're both thinking about the same elements from it, I get what you mean about the story-- not being as good as the first two films, I think. One major thing for me was the way the "final decision" of sorts went down. I don't want to go into specifics here, but man... I always pictured that particular moment to be more... urgent? Not just based on a "something else bad will inevitably happen down the line" kind of perspective. It felt like the characters had more than one choice, but they went with the sad one just to make things more dramatic and made it out like there was no other choice.

I've read a few comments from the writers, and that's exactly what they were going for. They set out to break our hearts, added the Light Fury as a distraction and so it wouldn't be so unreasonable, and revealed that they thought of Toothless more as an animal who would always follow it's instincts than a creature with an actual personality. They wanted to copy the actual book's beginning in which adult Hiccup says: "There were dragons when I was a boy", but they didn't know how to achieve that because they spent 2 films and countless episodes showing us that Hiccup and Toothless were never going to leave each other, so it just felt wrong.
infinityfate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guinea piggy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:21 am

Username: guinea piggy
Nickname: Nah I like being called guinea piggy :3
Movies, Books, Or both?: The movies :3
Favourite Character(s)?: Ahh practically all of them Hiccup and Toothless are my favourites though. I don't like the villain in the third movie though
Favourite Moment: Love the part in the 1st movie when hiccup and toothless start becoming friends its so nostalgic 2nd movie I love the first bit with the sheep race thing and I love the final battle, also super nostalgic, in the third movie when toothless flirts with the light fury I love that bit its so adorable :33 and ahh although it made me sad the ending was super well done and made me feel emotional especially seeing the children and nightlights :3
Least Favourite Moment:Ahh probably when Stoik dies in the second movie I usually skip that part, I also don't like it when characters fall out either, I didn't like that bit in the third movie when Hiccup and Astrid were chased out of the hidden world and when the villain came onscreen
( 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝓓𝓡𝓔𝓐𝓜𝓢, 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 )░░░░░░░░
[♡𝓛𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓪♡]
░░░░░░░░░░░
[𝒯𝓇𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒!]
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░( 𝓦𝓘𝓝𝓖𝓢. )
[𝑀𝓎 𝑜𝓅.𝑔𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝐿𝑜𝐿 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎𝑒𝓇𝓈, 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒶𝒹𝒹 𝓂𝑒, 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 ♡]
guinea piggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:06 am

omg guinea piggy I love how you call the baby furies "nightlights" that's so adorable
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guinea piggy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:13 am

Aww thank you :3
I saw it on youtube comments and I think its what people call toothless and light furies babies
( 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝓓𝓡𝓔𝓐𝓜𝓢, 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 )░░░░░░░░
[♡𝓛𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓪♡]
░░░░░░░░░░░
[𝒯𝓇𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒!]
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░( 𝓦𝓘𝓝𝓖𝓢. )
[𝑀𝓎 𝑜𝓅.𝑔𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝐿𝑜𝐿 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎𝑒𝓇𝓈, 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒶𝒹𝒹 𝓂𝑒, 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 ♡]
guinea piggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenPebbles93 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:54 am

AtlasHyperion wrote:Honestly, I feel like I had higher hopes for the third movie than I should have. It was still a really good movie, and the critics seemed to have agreed, but I feel like for the ending of such an amazing trilogy of movies that so many people loved and held close to their hearts, it should have been a little more fulfilling. Might just be me.

I do agree with you. As a fan for almost 9 in a half years, I didn’t expect them to start of in the middle of a rescue. I felt confused by it. I also didn’t like that the other villains didn’t get a proper intro and we didn’t get to know more about their backstory and how Grimmel met them and stuff like that. I also have a feel like Grimmel is still alive. Also, what happened to the other Deathgrippers that still had that dragon root stuff in them? Do you think Grimmel commanded them to save him?

I do like the soundtrack of httyd 3. It was a bit out of my confort zone since it wasn’t the same famous httyd tone but it’s very calm and peaceful and it delivers a very powerful but beautiful message.
“𝐈’𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭.”
-𝐊𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐢𝐧

natalia 🪐 (she/her)
QueenPebbles93

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me