Voltron: Legendary Defender » Fanclub V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: VLD Fanclub | S8 Dec. 14th

Postby SunRaes » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:16 am

Y'all. Don't get me wrong, I'd be OVERJOYED if Plance became canon. I love their dynamic, whether people choose to see it as a sibling relationship, a platonic relationship, or as I do, a romantic relationship. Yeah, I'd be happy. But in all honesty, I don't think the fandom would be happy. AT ALL.

There are only so many "gardeners" (Plance shippers), and the majority of the fandom ships Lance with other people. I think Plance becoming canon would have great morals for the show ("beauty isn't the most important thing about someone, it's what's inside that truly matters" or some other corny quote like that. Pidge is amazing and pretty, but Allura is drop dead GORGEOUS which is what made Lance fall for her in the first place. She's literally a Princess.).

But would the fandom be satisfied?
All the Plance shippers on Instagram are (over)analyzing all of their interactions. So I guess they consider that 'evidence', and they are all very confident that it'll become canon (I personally think it's possible, but not guaranteed likely). They're all saying that "it's where the direction of the show is going". They're analyzing every detail; EVERY DETAIL. Take the space nebula in the s8 trailer. All of them are shrieking, "iT'S PIDGE AND LANCE GUYS! IT'S GONNA BE CANON!!!" And, not gonna lie, I DID shriek too when I saw it. But it's not solid evidence. Regardless, the Plance shippers are basically saying that they "wouldn't be surprised if it became canon".

So I guess that's their point of view. Idk, maybe it will become canon, maybe it won't. There's no way to be sure until s8 comes out.
The Plance shippers are interpreting all of Pidge and Lance's interactions as hints to a future romance. I guess that's cool, and I see some of them the same way.

But what about the rest of the fandom? The Allurance shippers? The Klance shippers? The Punk shippers? ALL of them. How would they feel? Plance becoming canon would come as a great shock, since they would all see Pidge and Lance's interactions as platonic or sibling like. So it would seem to a non-Plance shipper as though a romantic relationship would come out of nowhere! There would be seemingly no foundation.

All in all, while I, and the other gardeners, would be overjoyed, I honestly don't think it's a good idea for Plance, or any endgame for that matter to become canon. It would create a warfare.

I could say the same thing about Klance. I, as a gardener, don't see any evidence because we all see what we want to see, right? For me, if Klance became canon, I would feel like it came out of nowhere. All the gardeners would be complaining to each other about how "klance was rushed!" and how "they did it for the fandom!". But how would a Klance shipper feel? Klance would feel totally natural and expected for them. They've analyzed their interactions and see them as romantic evidence. Klance could very well become canon, and a huge portion of the fandom would be happy, but the rest? Probably not so much.

Point is, the fandom would become even more toxic, if that's even possible, and it's just not a good idea for Lance to have an endgame.

Sorry, I know this whole thing has no context in relation to the previous conversation you guys were having! I just saw people discussing stuff that'll become canon, such as Klance, Plance or Allurance (and honestly, those three ships seem the most likely to be Lance's endgame). I saw someone say something like "I think the ship that'll become canon is probably Plance (ew), and...". I was low-key offended that they "ew"d at Plance, and that got me thinking about how the fandom would feel if Plance DID become canon. Or any ship for that matter. So yeah, thanks for coming to my Completely Irrelevant and Ongoing TED Talk.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bubbled » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:26 am

Man if klance becomes canon I can die in peace.
Bubbled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peiskos » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:34 am

tootoothewolf wrote:Y'all. Don't get me wrong, I'd be OVERJOYED if Plance became canon. I love their dynamic, whether people choose to see it as a sibling relationship, a platonic relationship, or as I do, a romantic relationship. Yeah, I'd be happy. But in all honesty, I don't think the fandom would be happy. AT ALL.

There are only so many "gardeners" (Plance shippers), and the majority of the fandom ships Lance with other people. I think Plance becoming canon would have great morals for the show ("beauty isn't the most important thing about someone, it's what's inside that truly matters" or some other corny quote like that. Pidge is amazing and pretty, but Allura is drop dead GORGEOUS which is what made Lance fall for her in the first place. She's literally a Princess.).

All the Plance shippers on Instagram are (over)analyzing all of their interactions. So I guess they consider that 'evidence', and they are all very confident that it'll become canon (I personally think it's possible, but not guaranteed likely). They're all saying that "it's where the direction of the show is going". They're analyzing every detail; EVERY DETAIL. Take the space nebula in the s8 trailer. All of them are shrieking, "iT'S PIDGE AND LANCE GUYS! IT'S GONNA BE CANON!!!" And, not gonna lie, I DID shriek too when I saw it. But it's not solid evidence. Regardless, the Plance shippers are basically saying that they "wouldn't be surprised if it became canon".

So I guess that's their point of view. Idk, maybe it will become canon, maybe it won't. There's no way to be sure until s8 comes out.
The Plance shippers are interpreting all of Pidge and Lance's interactions as hints to a future romance. I guess that's cool, and I see some of them the same way.

But what about the rest of the fandom? The Allurance shippers? The Klance shippers? The Punk shippers? ALL of them. How would they feel? Plance becoming canon would come as a great shock, since they would all see Pidge and Lance's interactions as platonic or sibling like. So it would seem to a non-Plance shipper as though a romantic relationship would come out of nowhere! There would be seemingly no foundation.

All in all, while I, and the other gardeners, would be overjoyed, I honestly don't think it's a good idea for Plance, or any endgame for that matter to become canon. It would create a warfare.

I could say the same thing about Klance. I, as a gardener, don't see any evidence because we all see what we want to see, right? For me, if Klance became canon, I would feel like it came out of nowhere. All the gardeners would be complaining to each other about how "klance was rushed!" and how "they did it for the fandom!". But how would a Klance shipper feel? Klance would feel totally natural and expected for them. They've analyzed their interactions and see them as romantic evidence. Klance could very well become canon, and a huge portion of the fandom would be happy, but the rest? Probably not so much.

Point is, the fandom would become even more toxic, if that's even possible, and it's just not a good idea for Lance to have an endgame.

Sorry, I know this whole thing has no context in relation to the previous conversation you guys were having! I just saw people discussing stuff that'll become canon, such as Klance, Plance or Allurance (and honestly, those three ships seem the most likely to be Lance's endgame). I saw someone say something like "I think the ship that'll become canon is probably Plance (ew), and...". I was low-key offended that they "ew"d at Plance, and that got me thinking about how the fandom would feel if Plance DID become canon. Or any ship for that matter. So yeah, thanks for coming to my Completely Irrelevant and Ongoing TED Talk.

oof, that’s completely fair. i apologize for “ew”ing at plance, lmao. i absolutely respect plancers, and honestly? if plance does happen and lance is happy, that’s all that really matters. being the salty person i am, i’d be a bit miffed, but then i’d get over myself. the only reason i don’t like it is that i’ve always seen it basically as a sibling relationship.

either way, i agree. there’s no way for the entire fandom to be happy, but i think the creators have to take that risk. if lance doesn’t get an endgame at all, the lance stans will go wild, and not in a good way. it’s become apparent that lance needs to feel needed and appreciated to cope, so it’s almost mandatory at this point that he gains a significant other that loves him. in the end, that’s all that should matter. again, the creators are going to get shade from every direction no matter what they do. even though no choice they can make most likely won’t be groundbreaking, the best choice they can make is pairing him up with someone.

“but lance can get stronger and not need a significant other!” i like to think that the creators set realistic expectations for all of the characters; all of them have their own flaws. lance’s has to be his need for dependability. it’s already obvious that he gets an endgame based on what the creators have said, and honestly as long as he has a shoulder to lean onto, the fandom should be able to get over whoever his endgame is. i’m just glad that majority of the fandom stans lance and just want him to be happy, because if we were any more divided than we already are, it would be absolute chaos (at least more chaos than what’s going on right now).
bi || they/them || tired || chaotic neutral || loves poetry || astrology nerd || istp-t
⎽⎼⎻⎺⎺⎻⎼⎽⎽⎼⎻⎺⎻⎼⎽⎽⎼⎻⎼⎽⎽⎼
╔═══════════════════════╗
❝ i am still learning how to go back
and reread my own chapters without
feeling like i want to set all
of my pages on fire. ❞
╚═══════════════════════╝
Peiskos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chlorophyll » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:57 am

tootoothewolf wrote:Y'all. Don't get me wrong, I'd be OVERJOYED if Plance became canon. I love their dynamic, whether people choose to see it as a sibling relationship, a platonic relationship, or as I do, a romantic relationship. Yeah, I'd be happy. But in all honesty, I don't think the fandom would be happy. AT ALL.

(Geez, I wouldn't have the sanity to write that much so kudos to you lmao)

I to be honest agree. If any ship, not just the ones talked about, becamecanon, people that shipped it would b overjoyed, but people who shipped those characters with someone else would probably be really disappointed.
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
----------------------------------------------------
𝐢 '𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝!
--------------------♪ ♫ ♬ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunRaes » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Peiskos wrote:
oof, that’s completely fair. i apologize for “ew”ing at plance, lmao. i absolutely respect plancers, and honestly? if plance does happen and lance is happy, that’s all that really matters. being the salty person i am, i’d be a bit miffed, but then i’d get over myself. the only reason i don’t like it is that i’ve always seen it basically as a sibling relationship.

either way, i agree. there’s no way for the entire fandom to be happy, but i think the creators have to take that risk. if lance doesn’t get an endgame at all, the lance stans will go wild, and not in a good way. it’s become apparent that lance needs to feel needed and appreciated to cope, so it’s almost mandatory at this point that he gains a significant other that loves him. in the end, that’s all that should matter. again, the creators are going to get shade from every direction no matter what they do. even though no choice they can make most likely won’t be groundbreaking, the best choice they can make is pairing him up with someone.

“but lance can get stronger and not need a significant other!” i like to think that the creators set realistic expectations for all of the characters; all of them have their own flaws. lance’s has to be his need for dependability. it’s already obvious that he gets an endgame based on what the creators have said, and honestly as long as he has a shoulder to lean onto, the fandom should be able to get over whoever his endgame is. i’m just glad that majority of the fandom stans lance and just want him to be happy, because if we were any more divided than we already are, it would be absolute chaos (at least more chaos than what’s going on right now).

Big agree. There's no way to satisfy everyone..
Also, no worries about the "ew"ing! It's just an opinion, and everyone is entitled to those. ♥

Leafy. wrote:(Geez, I wouldn't have the sanity to write that much so kudos to you lmao)

I to be honest agree. If any ship, not just the ones talked about, becamecanon, people that shipped it would b overjoyed, but people who shipped those characters with someone else would probably be really disappointed.

Yyyyyyyup. This fandom has kinda become a warfare, whether people choose to accept that or not.
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:50 pm

I'm one of those people that don't care if any ship becomes canon at all tbh. They could just give us a big ol "no ships are canon" (which is fine w/ me), though I'm not sure how the fandom would react to that. On one hand, that means nobody can lord over other shippers with "lol my ship is canon!!! all other ships are invalid!!!" and spark a huge shipping war, but on the other hand there's going to be riot anyway. Some people will never be satisfied. Those kind are the kill-joys of the fandom, because their constant negativity puts everyone else down (not to mention most of those people also intentionally attack others). I just hope the fandom as a whole doesn't resort to death threats, harassment, and everything else they did that was horrid all over again. That whole fiasco was NOT a fun time for anyone, especially the people on the receiving end.

In the end, you just gotta remember that regardless of what's canon and what isn't, a fandom is about having fun! Create fan content to your heart's content. Screw what antis think.

Always remember that you have every right to block someone if they're being mean to you, harassing you, sending threats, etc. You don't have to put up with that crap. There's no shame in blocking out negative people from interacting with you.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:03 pm

yeah, in the end, you don't have to even deal with people. block them, turn off anon, get off social media for a bit if it gets too bad.
we all need to respect each other's ships. as long as it's legal, there's really nothing to complain about. i get it when a ship just really isn't healthy for the characters involved, but still. leave people alone if you can't be civil, you know?
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:08 pm

leviathan,,, wrote:yeah, in the end, you don't have to even deal with people. block them, turn off anon, get off social media for a bit if it gets too bad.
we all need to respect each other's ships. as long as it's legal, there's really nothing to complain about. i get it when a ship just really isn't healthy for the characters involved, but still. leave people alone if you can't be civil, you know?

^^^ 100% this. Even if you don't agree with the ship, as long as its not illegal there's no sense in poking the bear. However, you shouldn't mislabel ships just to have an excuse to attack the shippers either. I've legitimately seen people claim plance is a pedophilic ship (when its far from meeting the criteria) to justify having a go at plance shippers. Antis are wild lol
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:17 pm

omg what even
they're two years apart
i can't even believe people who do that kinda stuff like
at least back up your claim (with legitimate evidence) if you're gonna say something like that
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:27 pm

They just wanted an excuse to bash the ship, claiming Pidge is 14/15 and that since Lance is 18 now its pedophilia. Like... wow I didn't know literally every other character aged except for Pidge what great logic there. When the show started she was 15, and now she's at LEAST 17 years old (at minimum).

But yeah just be aware people like THAT exist in the fandom. Avoid them at all costs bc they're a huge yikes to deal with.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me