-_-_Transformers Fan club_-_-

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Postby sforzando. » Sun May 10, 2020 10:20 am

VampiricDarkBat wrote:Hi hi! I have been gone for a bit as well and had a rename....again. Was formally P*h*a*r*m*a. Anyways, I got introduced to something sort of interesting. I have been a fan of the original g1 show but never knew there was a Japanese collection. I saw some of the first episodes and noticed online that people had a lot of different thoughts on it. I'm sort of curious about what do you think of it. Such as, While is does continue off of the original series would you consider it cannon as some chars that were supposed to be dead are magically alive again? Or what do you think of the headmasters idea?

I'm late oops! but i acknowledge that headmasters was a thing but I refuse to accept it being canon - when I went to look for headmasters to watch back when I binged g1 in its entirety around 2012 or so, I poked my nose into headmasters because I knew it came after the old generations, and I wanted to continue
however, when I looked through, the only ones available were not dubbed or subbed, and I can't speak Japanese, so I kinda skimmed an episode to see the premise and was honestly disgusted by the idea of humans in the transformers heads
I'm ALL for transformer x human pairings, that was 99.9% of the fanfics I read and wrote growing up and I still shamelessly look for them now, but headmasters just wasn't it for me, so it remains one of the only tf shows I've never watched

Kia_Bee wrote:Buying Shockwave because I don't have him and the Decepticons I have are greatly outnumbered? Logical.

Paying $50 for him? Illogical pricing.

this is so funny because I donated all but two of my transformers toys to a little boy a number of years back and I'm still upset over it because I had so many "rarer" toys
then yesterday at target my mom and I were walking through the toy aisles and the Siege toys were lined up and I saw Sideswipe and I pointed at it and my mom laughed and was like "you're an adult with your own money"
so I bought sideswipe for $20
I guess in my defense, he was one of my favs growing up and one of my biggest fics and pairings were centered around him so
I just couldn't leave him there
he now sits on the shelf with WfC Soundwave and Cybertron's Red Alert and Vector Prime, as well as with a TF comic with Sunny and Sides on the cover
sunny's toy is released in Nov so I know what imma be buying to go with sides ;)))
elder scrolls instagram acc.
ImageImage
central time. not very active anymore. 911 dispatcher irl.
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: -_-_Transformers Fan club_-_-

Postby Kia_Bee » Sun May 10, 2020 10:40 am

I know the feeling, zevran. As a punishment, I had to give my transformers away to kids less fortunate than me (looking back I'm not too upset about it but at the time I didn't want to). I had Optimus with the trailer which held four "upgrade" vehicles that transformed into arms and legs that connected to him to make "Super Mode" Optimus, Ravage Terricon, a Triceratops Dinobot whose name I don't remember, Bayverse Bee and Arcee (the one with legs before her redesign). They were the first ones I owned even though I technically got them from my former stepfather.

Now I have my collection of mostly WfC with 4-5 Bayverse ones scattered in.

And agreed, Song.
Image -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_Image_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Bumblebee, there is only one| You got people out there| This is how we stop them.
way to end this war, you must| who need you.| You’ve got me, and I’m not going anywhere
protect earth and its people.| This is why you’re here, Bee.
C_R
Image. Image. Image
Kia_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby VampiricDarkBat » Mon May 11, 2020 1:15 am

zevran. wrote:
VampiricDarkBat wrote:Hi hi! I have been gone for a bit as well and had a rename....again. Was formally P*h*a*r*m*a. Anyways, I got introduced to something sort of interesting. I have been a fan of the original g1 show but never knew there was a Japanese collection. I saw some of the first episodes and noticed online that people had a lot of different thoughts on it. I'm sort of curious about what do you think of it. Such as, While is does continue off of the original series would you consider it cannon as some chars that were supposed to be dead are magically alive again? Or what do you think of the headmasters idea?

I'm late oops! but i acknowledge that headmasters was a thing but I refuse to accept it being canon - when I went to look for headmasters to watch back when I binged g1 in its entirety around 2012 or so, I poked my nose into headmasters because I knew it came after the old generations, and I wanted to continue
however, when I looked through, the only ones available were not dubbed or subbed, and I can't speak Japanese, so I kinda skimmed an episode to see the premise and was honestly disgusted by the idea of humans in the transformers heads
I'm ALL for transformer x human pairings, that was 99.9% of the fanfics I read and wrote growing up and I still shamelessly look for them now, but headmasters just wasn't it for me, so it remains one of the only tf shows I've never watched

Kia_Bee wrote:Buying Shockwave because I don't have him and the Decepticons I have are greatly outnumbered? Logical.

Paying $50 for him? Illogical pricing.

this is so funny because I donated all but two of my transformers toys to a little boy a number of years back and I'm still upset over it because I had so many "rarer" toys
then yesterday at target my mom and I were walking through the toy aisles and the Siege toys were lined up and I saw Sideswipe and I pointed at it and my mom laughed and was like "you're an adult with your own money"
so I bought sideswipe for $20
I guess in my defense, he was one of my favs growing up and one of my biggest fics and pairings were centered around him so
I just couldn't leave him there
he now sits on the shelf with WfC Soundwave and Cybertron's Red Alert and Vector Prime, as well as with a TF comic with Sunny and Sides on the cover
sunny's toy is released in Nov so I know what imma be buying to go with sides ;)))

I for sure feel the price thing and the older toys thing. I got a very rare Drift and Blur set when I was younger. I also lost their extras (ie. swords etc.) I originally just tried to replace the extras. Nope. Decided to get new in box versions. Drift goes for $60 USD minimum normally and Blurr is a bit less rare at maybe $35 if you are lucky. I paid maybe $12 bucks when I originally got them at a superstore as a kind.

As for the Headmasters thing, the humans in the head or humanoids in the head were a US thing only. The Japanese series never included it. Their story was that Chromedome, Brainstorm, Hardhead and Highbrow were just a subset of transformers not made for battle so unable to Transform. Brainstorm apparently helped make a transforming process for them which included normal transformer sized bodies they connected to. (The subset was human-sized) It's is definitely weird and I was sent for a loop when the last US episodes were thrown out completely.

--✩--☽--✩--☾--✩----✩--☽--✩--☾--✩----✩--☽--✩--☾--✩--
𝔸𝕕𝕦𝕝𝕥|𝕍𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕪𝕣𝕖|ℍ𝕖/ ℍ𝕚𝕞|ℙ𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕟|𝔸𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕥|𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕗𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕣
--✩--☽--✩--☾--✩----✩--☽--✩--☾--✩----✩--☽--✩--☾--✩--
★V✩A★M✩P★I✩R★I✩C★
D

A

R

K

B

A

T

𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓾𝓶 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓪𝓭𝓸𝓹𝓽!
My FR|My Art|My Toyhouse

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕖.
𝔸 𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕤𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕓𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜.
𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕝 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕚𝕔𝕖𝕤.
VampiricDarkBat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crimson_Raven » Mon May 11, 2020 2:07 am

Man you never see them for sale in UK
Crimson_Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kia_Bee » Mon May 11, 2020 6:26 am

Guys...I just realized the first Transformers movie came out 13 years ago
Bumblebee, there is only one| You got people out there| This is how we stop them.
way to end this war, you must| who need you.| You’ve got me, and I’m not going anywhere
C_R
Image. Image. Image
Kia_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon May 11, 2020 7:04 am

Kia_Bee wrote:Guys...I just realized the first Transformers movie came out 13 years ago

Wow, but yeah you're right, 2007 was 13 years ago
it sounds really weird to actually say it.
Also I don't know if its true or not but there was an article saying that Bay wants to come back to direct another of the big movies and I honestly hope they don't let him come back.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kia_Bee » Mon May 11, 2020 11:24 am

Yeah...while the movies are enjoyable, they're not exactly true to the original story
C_R
Image. Image. Image
Kia_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon May 11, 2020 11:38 am

Kia_Bee wrote:Yeah...while the movies are enjoyable, they're not exactly true to the original story

I personally really did not enjoy the movies at all. But yeah they went pretty far from kid friendly

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kia_Bee » Mon May 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Yeah. Heck, even the comics went dark multiple times from what I own, seen on the wiki, and voice dubs of the comics on YouTube.

I actually feel sorry for Megatron once I dove into his backstory of the comic continuity. All he wanted was equality for all Cybertronians but the Leaders didn't approve of it and sent him to Trepan, a mnemosurgeon, to change his programming and erase any signs of rebellion in him. It was thankfully interrupted by Rung before anything permanent happened but it gave him a long lasting fear of mnemosurgeons.
C_R
Image. Image. Image
Kia_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sforzando. » Mon May 11, 2020 12:36 pm

I remember for some time they were gonna try and get Michael Bay to direct gi Joe too since they came out around the same time, and im a big gi joe fan and was TERRIFIED haha, the movies weren't that good regardless but I did NOT want bay coming in and COMPLETELY messing it up
I thought the first and third were the best. the second one was just trying to be comical and it just wasn't it, I don't mind not kid friendly, but the amount of sexual jokes got old
anything after the third doesn't exist to me. they're dead to me.
I remember when the first transformers trailer came out and my mom FREAKED out because she was as big of a fan back in the 80s as I am now, I remember exactly where we were standing in which cinema, it's sad to think about how long ago that was

I thought it was dark when the djd was thrown into the fandom's lore, super violent and dark that they were hunting down cons even after the war because they didn't know
but primus I love the djd
elder scrolls instagram acc.
ImageImage
central time. not very active anymore. 911 dispatcher irl.
sforzando.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me