Artist Army {old thread}

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Artist Army

Postby DojiMiko » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:16 am

Bk13 wrote:
I need some feedback~
I drew up this creature a few days ago;
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2ep32vr.jpg
He was meant to be a mix between a sight hound of some sort and cheetah and maybe even some hyena with the mane. Anyway, feedback on the creature itself would be good. Note; that is just the lineart, he isn't colored in by any means.
I also would like to hear thoughts on the shading technique, it's something I have been playing with and I'd like to know how it's working.
Finally, how is the drawing over all?

I think that's amazing ;A;
Really wonderful shading, and the anatomy is almost spot on

Also could anyone help me with this picture before I ink it? [If someone could Blue line(instead of redline) it that would be wonderful ^^]

. . .
"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."

- Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

Fullmetal Alchemist Fan-club-----CLICK HERE
DojiMiko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wickedpup » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:47 am

Haven't posted much in a while lol. So here have a picture of my fursona. sorta big and background-y lawl
I'd LOVE critique. Comments are welcome as well. Grass is my enemy. xD

@ applejack ; It looks great so far! C: The only thing I see wrong is the calves,and arms/wrist areas are too big. Try making them slimmer,but not by much. You're much better off than I was just a bit ago. I can't draw arms worth squat so it's great you got them down. :'D
I might do a redline if I have time though. ^^

@ BK ; That is absolutely amazing. It's right back leg is a little too close though,it should be up a bit more,or shorter. You may want to add in a more bulky face or the large paws of a hyena though,as I don't see much of hyena present except a mane. The shading is lovely by the way,you even got the light source all correct. <3

I don't see anything else to critique right now,so if i missed anything just say so. c:
wickedpup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orange.c y r u s♥ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:56 am

I noticed a lack in crits, and I have nothing better to do, so here XD
    (I cannot redline right now)]

@ Sinamy~ the neck of the one facing our left looks a bit off. I have the same problem with long things like snakes or cat tails. Just try to make it the same length and not get gradualy skinnier. The thumb of the hand looks a bit too far over, and low.

@ BK13~ th e back leg looks a bit too long and thick, and that sort of throws things out of proportion^^ Other then that you are wonderful c:

@ Applejack~ the girl to our right looks out of proportion. Her hips are ok being wide, but her legs look a bit too big, and that makes the top of her body look too small^^
    The arm to our right on the same girl looks smaller then the one on our left(her right), and that might've been to make it look further away, but it's too small to match the other arm^^

@ laelia;~ The leg looks a bit too thick at the part where the heel meets the knee. And the ears are too wide, and sort of go on top of the head, and that of corse isn't right XD
    The front leg seems a bit too short, and is it me, but it's head looks connected to the neck, I can't find a lawline although the coat maps it out, it's best to add just for annoying anatomy porposes^^

hope I helped, I am sorry if I am too forward^^"
to-do list wrote: kick ass . take names

This is a 3 user account shared by orange, cyrus/cirrus, and luca. Trish signs her name and Luca writes in blue.
Image Image Image Image
baby l e t me love you down
there's so many ways to love ya
baby I can b r e a k you down
there's so many ways to L O V E ya
I mean like, oh my g o s h i'm so in love
I found you F I N A L L Y, it make me want to say
oh my gosh

~O.M.G. by: Usher
orange.c y r u s♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wickedpup » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:04 am

@ Orange ; Actually the jawline is there. o3o It's just too light of lineart there I guess lol. Ack,the leg is so messed up hah,I was far too along to fix it though. Thanks for the crit. c:
wickedpup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Misnake » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:27 am

orange.c y r u s♥ wrote:
    @ Sinamy~ the neck of the one facing our left looks a bit off. I have the same problem with long things like snakes or cat tails. Just try to make it the same length and not get gradualy skinnier. The thumb of the hand looks a bit too far over, and low.

Lawlz, I haven't posted any drawings here. xD
You may want to re-read all of my quotes, there is possibility that you just gave crits or to Becca~ash, or to Gatanitazul. :T
I am shooting that you thought of the dragon, so I guess that you were giving crits to Gatanitazul, then. Make sure to edit the post so no one else gets confused.
Misnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orange.c y r u s♥ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:29 am

lol, sorry I was looking from the quote you made XD
to-do list wrote: kick ass . take names

This is a 3 user account shared by orange, cyrus/cirrus, and luca. Trish signs her name and Luca writes in blue.
Image Image Image Image
baby l e t me love you down
there's so many ways to love ya
baby I can b r e a k you down
there's so many ways to L O V E ya
I mean like, oh my g o s h i'm so in love
I found you F I N A L L Y, it make me want to say
oh my gosh

~O.M.G. by: Usher
orange.c y r u s♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotty » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:20 am

Hi, my name is Spotty, long time stalker but first time poster in this thread. Perhaps you have seen me around on occation^^. I'm quite nervous about posting for some reason, so I hope I don't miss anyone or break any rules^^'.

Gatanitazul wrote:
    August ~ Great job, it looks really good! The only problems that I see with it is the legs/feet. The front right paw looks really good, but at the top of the front right leg, it seems a bit too small. On the back right leg, the foot/leg doesn't seem long enough, and seems a bit too far up on the body, near the stomach area. [I hope this all makes sense to you, I feel like I'm wording everything horribly :D]

--

Just finished this up for my shop, I hope the person receiving this likes it :D

Wow, I bet your customer will love it, I'm sure I would if I had ordered it^^. I love how defined you made it look eventhough it's lineless, and the pose looks very strong and mighty.

persey wrote:
.August wrote:
persey wrote:Help on this please?
I was looking through my pictures because I just thought I would :lol: and I found this from over a year ago but I'm not sure how to add hand detail or fingernails...
Any suggestions

Really like the 2 headed thing above this post :D its amazing!

I don't know if we can critique that since it's just a color-in? s:

What?! Ive never seen that picture before in my life?? it should have been this viewtopic.php?t=369441

Sorry! -.-

That looks like a great start^^. I feel like the thumb on the smaller hand is missing, it could perhaps be showing a little bit on the back of the other hand? The choise of colours looks really nice, I like the warm orange tones.

Bk13 wrote:
I need some feedback~
I drew up this creature a few days ago;
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2ep32vr.jpg
He was meant to be a mix between a sight hound of some sort and cheetah and maybe even some hyena with the mane. Anyway, feedback on the creature itself would be good. Note; that is just the lineart, he isn't colored in by any means.
I also would like to hear thoughts on the shading technique, it's something I have been playing with and I'd like to know how it's working.
Finally, how is the drawing over all?

Amazing job on that shading, it looks soft and all real to me. I especially like how you shaded the neck, pronouncing the direction of the fur that sorts of flattens the neck from the sides and makes it looks even faster^^. Like the above posts I can easily spot sight hound and cheetah in it, but not hyena. If it helps any cheetahs can also have a small mane-like ruff on the back of their necks, so I think it adds to the feline feel even if it doesn't bring my mind to hyenas^^.

Applejack wrote:
Also could anyone help me with this picture before I ink it? [If someone could Blue line(instead of redline) it that would be wonderful ^^]

I'm not much for humans, so I don't think I could help much, a redline from me would defenatly look worse^^'. However, I think that the two arms in the middle of the drawing looks a little bulkier than the two outer arms, and the character to the left seems to have slightly short legs to me. Other than that it looks smashing, I love the pose of the character to the right^^.

laelia; wrote:
Haven't posted much in a while lol. So here have a picture of my fursona. sorta big and background-y lawl
I'd LOVE critique. Comments are welcome as well. Grass is my enemy. xD

I'd be happy if I could draw nice grass like that, the background is looking very nice and I like the colours you picked for it. The pose and expression are adorable^^. I think the back paws are looking a little awkward and round, like the heel-to-toes area would be a little squished perhaps? The hind paws doesn't quite match up with the style of the front ones either, the front paws have defined toes and are less round while the toes on the hind paws kind of melt into the leg a little. Personally I think the front paws are cuter^^. My favourite part f he drawing is the shading on the hair, it's looking really perfect. Great job^^.

-----------------------------------

Also, I thought I'd share some art. I know this is really messy, because it's just a rough sketch wih some colours below, but I had very much fun drawing it. I was vrowsing images of cheetahs today and it just struck me what wonky proportions they have with a tiny neck and head and oversized ribs and legs. The anathomy on this is tweaked a bit to make it a little cartoony and I did it very fast, I'm well aware of the anathomical flaws^^'. Mostly everything in the image is rainbows, somthing I tend to avoid because of obvious reasons, and I also added a few texture layers to try to make it interesting. I never do that. Ever. Either way I'm quite pleased with the outcome^^. It's rather far from what I usually draw, if I doodle to make myself happy it usually ends up like this, so this is unusual for me.
Spotty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starlord. » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:34 am

Spotty wrote:Also, I thought I'd share some art. I know this is really messy, because it's just a rough sketch wih some colours below, but I had very much fun drawing it. I was vrowsing images of cheetahs today and it just struck me what wonky proportions they have with a tiny neck and head and oversized ribs and legs. The anathomy on this is tweaked a bit to make it a little cartoony and I did it very fast, I'm well aware of the anathomical flaws^^'. Mostly everything in the image is rainbows, somthing I tend to avoid because of obvious reasons, and I also added a few texture layers to try to make it interesting. I never do that. Ever. Either way I'm quite pleased with the outcome^^. It's rather far from what I usually draw, if I doodle to make myself happy it usually ends up like this, so this is unusual for me.

Spotty, don't be shy to post here! We're all friendly. On the topic of your cheetah, that is purely amazing. I love the rainbow spots, the texture layers made it absolutly brilliant. I only noticed that the feet seem to be lacking the quality the rest of the piece has. That's truly the only flaw I see.

AppleJack, that's beautiful! I love the hairstyle of the one on the left. The wings look nice too!

laelia;, I love the whole thing, especially the shine on everything. I see no flaw.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb390/JaguarTail/120103-155916-1.jpg
I redid my female character last night, using the tips I got from the friendly users on this thread. Any crits or comments are welcome!
Last edited by starlord. on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
♫ ѕearcнιng ғor ѕтarlord ♫

╔══════════════╗
Tᴜᴍʙʟʀ
DᴇᴠɪᴀɴᴛAʀᴛ
Aᴡᴇsᴏᴍᴇ Mɪx Vᴏʟ. 1
╚══════════════╝

starlord.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoë » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:36 am

as I was perusing CS, I came upon this lovely thread.
It is simply awesome to see artists coming together and critiquing each others artwork!
I will be back later to post some art for you to critique!
ImageImage
Love protects .
Love defends .
Love restores .
Love empowers .

Announcement: Summer is officially here for me!
Bombs: 3 | Nukes: 1
Links: fursona | boys | girls | Impulse aRt | Love 146

Zoë

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:55 am

I was initially going to bed, but I'll stay on for a bit long.

Spotty & Zoë, a very warm welcome to the both of you. I hope you'll stick around. (:
I really love the cheetah, Spotty. It looks gorgeous.

Applejack, I'll try my best to remember to get you a redline tomorrow morning/noon. By the way.. do my eyes deceive me or is that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash?

Laelia, I love your sky, and your fursona is really pretty. If she's holding the ball, shouldn't there be more shading on your fursona? The ball would be blocking out the light if she held it like that.

Nebulas, too bad the photo quality is so bad, it makes your lines look blurry. She seems like a very interesting character. Mind your proportions, though. Her head and breasts are huge in comparison to her body. Also, females have curves, even if they're ever so subtle. Maybe this'll help you a bit. The link does contain artistic/drawn nudity, but I'm sure everyone is alright with this. The best thing I can suggest is look up photos of army women, fighter women or female boxers if you're going towards the battle girl type.

Now, I'm going to bed. Stay nice while I'm asleep, my darlings.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me