Voltron: Legendary Defender » Fanclub V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ᐯOᒪTᖇOᑎ ᒪEGEᑎᗪᗩᖇY ᗪEᖴEᑎᗪEᖇ

Postby dove. » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:53 pm

spoilers!
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked James.
Also Man, Matt is hot with his ponytail xD.

I loved the scene where Keith comforted Hunk, since Keith probably knows a bit of what he's going through.

Cred. | link | link | link |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
link | link | link | link |
[ text1text1text1 ]
───────────
[ text2text2text2 ]
dove.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Not really spoilers here, just vague references
I'd like to classify this to as close as an impartial review as I can.

After getting over the original shock of what happened, I've come to a single conclusion; we must wait for the last season and see what happens. We can't truly critique it until the show is over and everything is laid down. And no matter what happens, we can't deny this; it really is a good show.

Not referring to relationships, I personally didn't like the writing for this season. I felt that season six was written much better then season 7, maybe it has to do with what they had to involve in only 6 episodes. Everything was important to the plot and had significance. It just... s7's main plot writing was decent, but individual writing for character scenes... felt like a downgrade from how Season 6 handled it.

Despite this, I did enjoy certain aspects of this season. Most of these things were started by other users, and this season made me think that hunk is actually my favorite or second favorite Character. Art and animation gorgeous as always. And if you're a junkie for fight scenes, this season was definitely for you.

All and all, it was a so-so season. Fighting and main plot? Heck yeah! But smaller and more personal details? No good imo

I tried to withhold my dislikes for how they handled relationships and buildups for them from my review, since they're pretty much just negative and would cloud over everything else. Taking that away, I actually enjoyed this season a little bit more for how they handled the seriousness and whole "big picture" scenario for the earth plot.

every season of Voltron is a good story. Nothing anyone can say would change my opinion on this. Voltron is a good show and thus, every season I am grateful for receiving.
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Soapy Dolphin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:59 pm

just gonna drop in here and just
compare this bg character to mako from avatar
studio mir I see you, you aint slick

and now back to avoiding the fandom like the plague because as much as I agree that this season was terrible, it still had its good parts and honestly I hate seeing discourse and critical posts jhsjdgjhasbjb
x

Soapy || fae/faer or they/them
i don't play cs anymore! selling all
my stuff for flight rising :)

FRx
x
x
x
x
x
x
The Soapy Dolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Star-Lord » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:15 pm

*No spoilers are contained in this*

I personally loved this season. The amount of people caught up in ships is disappointing, yelling of how some things were ' forced ' when its a slow burn, no ships have become canon just yet so nothing is forced.

Especially all the nonsense of ' queer baiting ' when the Voltron writers are free to do that because they have a contract they need to follow not to reveal spoilers.

Besides this, I really loved every part of the season, except the part where I had to disable many spoiler posts on the voltron amino after us telling everyone that spoilers must be covered for 2 weeks. I am exhausted, I stayed till 4 to watch the season and stayed up till 6 to eat.

I am sleep deprived but I'm happy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I look around, do you know what I see?
┏‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎┓
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏ryan ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ s.her‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ carrd‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ quill enjoyer
┖‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎┚
L ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎O‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎S‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎E‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎R‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎S

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Star-Lord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notetoself » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:19 am

SPOILERS (mild negativity)

Overall, I did like the season for some of its moments. Keith comforting Hunk and them hugging was very wholesome. I LOVED Cosmo the space wolf he was the real MVP. The paladins coming home and being reunited with their families was amazing. Lastly, the action in this season was unreal and the graphics were out of this world (sorry for the pun).

I am very upset at how the Voltron creators went about with their "LGBT representation". When it was revealed that Shiro had a boyfriend/fiance named Adam, they made it seem like he'd play a big role in season 7. Adam showed up once in the first episode and it was just a break-up scene. Then, a few episodes later we see him for like 10 seconds and then he is pointlessly killed off. When Shiro returns, we are given a 5-second scene of him saying "I'm sorry Adam" and that's IT. They just killed off Adam so they wouldn' have to portray anything else LGBT. I'm just so disappointed.. and I know a lot of others are too.

Another thing that keeps happening is queerbaiting between Keith and Lance. Regardless if you ship Klance the writers of Voltron do throw in nice moments of the two that can be interpreted in many ways. This season in the game show episode Lance chose Keith to leave saying, "He's part Galra so he's like the future". Keith chose Lance to leave and said. "I just don't want to be stuck her with him for eternity". Out of everyone on the Voltron team, they chose each other to escape and that's just plainly pure love. Lance didn't even choose Allura! When Lance was trying to connect with his lion and his sister and him were attacked by Galra he was unresponsive to communications for a bit. Keith was honestly the most worried screaming out Lance's name, yes the other paladins were concerned, but not like Keith. It just reaffirmed to me how much Keith cares about Lance. Finally, when the paladins were captured and on Sendak's ship Keith was the first to wake up and he called out to Lance first! He wanted to make sure he was okay and then he proceeded to call out the paladin's names.

Lastly, they are now trying to force Lallura (Lance and Allura). It is honestly really hard to watch. Allura paid Lance no attention in a romantic way this whole entire time. Now that she has broken up with her serial killer boyfriend she wants to REBOUND off Lance. I believe it's honestly just toying with his feelings. I don't understand why the VLD creators build up and give history to Klance and then just happily decide to bring Allura back into the mix. I'm honestly afraid that Lance and Allura will become canon or there will be no canon pairings in season 8.
Last edited by notetoself on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey, my name is Phoenix! I'm an
adult player and I'm super inactive,
but PM's relating to animanga
are welcome anytime.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
notetoself

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:45 am

@notetoself - 1) Please make your spoilers transparent. Its rude to spoil things for people who haven't watched it yet!
2) If you have mild negativity in your post please warn people before-hand.
EDIT: Your spoilers still aren't transparent. Please make them transparent with [color=transparent] so that others have to highlight it to read it. We do not want this season to be spoiled for everyone within a day of it being out.

---

General: Please drop the constant "they queerbaited us!!", because its upsetting several people at this point. Its been dropped and picked back up several times. Sit back and take the time to mull it over, before jumping the gun and slinging accusations everywhere. We do not need a repeat of yesterday where people got so angry they started making threats.

I'm not saying the topic can never be touched on, but people are being far too intense and negative with said topic right now. We can bring it up later after the waters have calmed and people are willing to discuss it civilly (not angrily).
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Endlessechoes » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:12 am

POSITIVE SPOILERS <3
nOW that my rant is over I do have a few positive things!
I LOVED THE HUNK CONTENT, HE CARRIED THIS ENTIRE SEASON ON HIS BACK
shayyyy
Romelle is so cute and I'm glad she and Hunk got along, even without them getting together. It was so pure!!
Yes Romelle owns my ass. She could run me over with a bus and I'd thank her for it.
Allura just being a gODDESS look at her in that uniform!! I wanted to cry!!
Shiro being the political leader and an absolute sweetie
Garrison flashbacks?? Hello?? Keith was so cute and Lance's hair was so tragic but we love our son anyway!
BABY HUNK DID YOU SEE HIM I'M SCREAMING
Matt's ponytail and the fact he was holding hands with that one robot chick. Mmmm Matt's got a honey and I'm forever screaming
SHIRO'S ARM IS COOL EVEN IF IT'S NOT ATTACHED AND WAS DRIVING ME INSANE. STILL AWESOME
How blue Lance's eyes were in the scene when him and Keith were holding Coran. You know the scene. My eyes were drawn to the blue
The robot fighting went on for an hour bUT this is action and how cool was the Atlas??
That robot was thick and I'm still laughing
The new Altean?? Maybe it's a dude this time!!
Lance was BOSS. Look at him sharpshooting. Being a leader <33

ALSO if any of you are depressed, I recommend getting into fanon because I have felt so much better just reading fics and letting my worries slip away. Hyperfixating on something else is also good, I'm probably going to re-watch h2o again rip. And if none of these work, Thomas Sanders vines are the best painkiller.

Alfor! Congrats on the ownership of the fan-club <33 I'm sure you'll do amazing c:

echo | she/her | ily
TOEW | stars | 🍃 |
adhd consumes me daily
send me a trade or else i kiss u
Endlessechoes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:24 am

Ahhh thank you guys so much for all the congrats!!! I'm off mobile now so I can see everything properly haha (transparent really hates mobile). I'm hoping to bring a far more positive and cheery atmosphere to the fanclub!! Kinda got it at a very rough point of time for the overall fandom but oof, I believe it can be done!
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 86Eternity » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:27 am

Gah! Finally some positivity! My attempts to move on from the negative topics weren't successful previously. Sorry. >.<
Also congrats Alfor!
Also guys, I would recommend staying away from the comment section on the official Instagram account. Seriously, things are really bad there. The hate really stressed me out. There's like three positive comments. Heh....
Spoilers below!

Is that Altean in the giant other robot thingy Romelle's brother?? I mean, I'm not sure but they look really familiar...
Zethrid and Erzor own my ass now. I love them so much.
I still want Lotor to come back, lol. Is that just me? I mean, he's my favourite character soooo.....
Keith was savage in the game show ep though. Doesn't wanna be stuck with Lance for all eternity. Heh, don't be mean Keith.

MATT'S HAIR. *Screams.*
You encounter a loud British man.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Say hi]
[Not today]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:51 am

You're totally fine bleps! People just weren't listening... sometimes you gotta have someone stamp their foot down.

I'm not surprised in the least that the comments on IG are very nasty. I'm on IG a lot (I post my art), and a majority of the communities there in general have rampant toxicity. Its a similar situation with tumblr. It's only been a little over a day and people are already rioting and saying or doing really inappropriate or illegal things :/ but we can do better than that!

Hate stresses me out too. Like oof... there's so much more people can do than spread hate. That's why we have fan content! Make what you want to your heart's desire, nobody can stop you from making it. If people want to drop Voltron altogether, that's fine too.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me