Voltron: Legendary Defender » Fanclub V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ᐯOᒪTᖇOᑎ ᒪEGEᑎᗪᗩᖇY ᗪEᖴEᑎᗪEᖇ

Postby 86Eternity » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:31 am

Alfor wrote:
    Tumblr is an absolute mess. Just warning y'all now its not pretty. People are going absolutely bonkers over things not being canon and a ton of other stuff.. meanwhile I'm just sitting in a corner wheezing uncomfortably at the overwhelming amount of negativity and chaos.

Well! How about some things you guys liked about the season:: *Spoilers Below!*

I loved loved loved Comso. Having a teleporting space wolf is just epic! I also loved the action we got from Romelle! Also the episode with the passengers was funny, Lance didn't pick as well as he thought, eh? The mice were cute in that ep as well. And the game show ep! Awwh poor Lance being the 'dumb one'. I struggled with the names almost as much as he did! There's a been a lot of characters!
You encounter a loud British man.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Say hi]
[Not today]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bubbled » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:09 am

SPOILER!
ima gonna talk about what I liked about this season.
I ADORE the visuals this season. Those backgrounds slayed. I also liked how they showed the war. It feels real. Like ya this happens.

Also lance finally seeing his family really made me cry. And trust me when I say I rarely cry because of movies sor a show.
Bubbled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faunsie » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:26 am

I haven't been able to watch s8 because of school and seeing all this hate is kinda bumming me out.even though i cant see the spoilers for obvious reasons im glad we are finally starting to be positive <3 thanks for the warning about tumblr tho!got to log out of tumblr before i saw a bunch of hate<3
feel free to call me aero or aeth!! || they/them
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Working full time! Sorry for any long wait times. Feel free to
message me with any questions! My discord is 'faunsie'.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mandalorian » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:41 am

spoilers
    friendly reminder that EVERYONE is allowed to be upset right now. they used nazi imagery this season (which made me physically sick) to fuel a person of colour’s angst, used the “crazy lesbian” trope w/ ezor and the other galra chick and then killed him off 20 mins later, killed our gay rep, did the BARE minimum for rep and expect us to pat them on the back.

i genuinely cannot understand how anyone would like this season when it played into harmful tropes, and is supposedly for kids but obviously isn’t with how dark it gets.

yeah. no. not happening.
Last edited by Zeena on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't encourage harassment of others
mandalorian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:06 am

ranting, spoilers, low self-esteem, and some tears on my keyboard
Voltron. WHY? I had confidence I was joing to enjoy the represnetation! that it would bring up my moral and make me more comfterable with my sexuality, with who I am. But that's not the case, I feel like they don't want LGBT rep on their show, they want to bury the gays. And I hate it, I hate that this show is destroying me the way it is. I wanted to use this to come out to my aunts who I was watching the show with, but with this! NO! idk if i can muster enough courage to say anything about it because of how much this season emotionally WRECKED me.
spoilers over, I'm going to cry somewhere else. Voltron doesn't care.
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 am

More of a general statement because this is legitimately serious at this point:

Harassing the developers and VAs isn't going to help either side. It makes nobody any better. Nobody wins. Its a lose-lose situation. I'm currently neutral on this season (I'm not affected by a lot of what was listed because it simply doesn't grind my gears), but there's legitimately zero justification for any harassment, threats, stalking, hate speech, or anything else that's extreme whatsoever. It makes me sick to my stomach (as well as on the verge of tears, tbh) knowing that anyone would think that's even remotely okay.

I've been on the receiving end of this kind of this kind of mentality before, because people thought I needed to be "called out" and "taught the consequences", over some petty internet drama and someone deciding they didn't like my existence. The actions I listed above are legitimately classified as physiological abuse (otherwise known as emotional, verbal, or mental abuse). Its a real thing. Just because this is the internet doesn't mean you can't verbally abuse someone. I'm not accusing anyone here of doing such, but this fandom has done enough verbal abuse towards the developers and VAs already.

People are allowed to be angry and upset, but I draw the line when it comes to going as far as "giving them a piece of mind". Don't give into toxic mentality by doing that. All you're doing is causing even more damage. If you want to be educational about a subject, you may do so but be as professionally and as civil as possible. Toxicity gets you nowhere. It never does. It never will. No matter what community you're in (fandom, art, furry, etc) that's never okay. You should NEVER. EVER. direct your anger/hate/etc in such a way. Be educational instead of toxic and vile about it.

I'm not saying any of this to be mean or invalidate anyone's right to be upset/angry with this season. I'm saying this as someone who has personally experienced being a target for this behavior and forever has trauma because of it. Take a step back and think before making any rash decisions out of anger or frustration. Unless you intentionally want to contribute to some very nasty and possibly even deadly results your target will live with for the rest of their life, don't do it.

In the meantime, I'm going to take a step back from this thread until things cool down. I will be honest and transparent when I say that my mind quickly swooped on over to red-alert mode. I'm not trying to make myself seem like a baby (I'm already self-conscious enough as it is over what sets me off), but I legitimately cannot handle sticking around when people are this angry and negative and saying things like "they need to be taught the consequences." I'd rather listen to my flight response before I panic moreso. If you want to talk to me further about it you can contact me on my other media or PM me.

Apologizes for this ending up longer than I expected. I'm a very descriptive person. Please just... don't go after others like that. Please don't. Its not okay. Its really not. It does more than you think it does. Its terrifying to go through and scars people for life.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catnip. » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:08 am

SPOILERS
I was really looking forward to this season and although I liked it and all, it also did not live up to my expectations. I was really hoping klance would become a thing and they even had a few scenes where it seemed like it could happen, but nope. Im just disappointed because all of the lgbtq+ rep lasted like 20 seconds. Im not even lgbtq+ but I was looking forward to it being in this season
catnip.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:42 am

SPOILERS!!!

And now Netflix for some godamn reason is playing a Klance card. They're like "If anyone's wondering, we ship Klance." I'm so confused because this season has contradicted so much that was said.

I just want interviews now. I want interviews stating why they made this choice for our rep and why they had lance be a rebound. Our LBGT rep was killed after getting FIVE MINUTES of screen time. In fact, I wish he wasn't made rep at all! Then we wouldn't have been let down like this. Don't get be started on the r"omantic" interactions between Lance and Allura (she just randomly got feelings and literally made Lance a rebound. There was no explanation as to why she suddenly started having feelings. And she felt basically nothing about lotor??? No grief over their relationship?? Where's the comment about Allura still recovering over Lotor and not ready for another relationship at the moment.

So many things we were told about the next seasons were a complete lie and I think something's fishy. I just want answers.

It's fun to be queerbaited. What's funny is that Netflix, as we speak, is still doing it :D

Idk it's probably DWs fault. Let's not try to attack the creators/ VAs. Instead, let's ask for interviews and use those to figure out things.
Last edited by Rinovo on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red Wagon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:45 am

Don't attack anybody or give them "consequences!!" It's a TV show, mind you, and not everything can go your way.

If you dislike the season then that's fine! But attacking the creators will only make it worse.

Honestly people, just mind your own business. You aren't even obligated to be in the fandom if you hate it that much.

Please refer to Alfor's post before you attack anybody! Thanks. (No, I didn't type this to be mean, I typed it because I feel like this situation is super over inflated.)
"The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start."
my signature is WIP
Red Wagon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:48 am

I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I definitely don't want to attack or threaten anyone. All I want are interviews, not violence over a tv show!

Also Matt my boy seems fine so that's a plus at least
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist