S-H-E-R-locked [ a sherlock fanclub! ]

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: S-H-E-R-locked [ a sherlock fanclub! ]

Postby Kovic17 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:10 pm

I must admit i have been a sherlock fan from when i was young with all the old tv series. I was searching online for the Sherlock Holmes Box sets at this awesome site: http://www.for-sale.ie/sherlock-holmes and come across loads of options. Not going to lie they are a lot better these day with Robert Downey jr playing an awesome Sherlock in the movies and in my opinion Benedict Cumberbatch playing an even better Sherlock Holmes! I have already seen all the seasons and the latest episode "season 4 ep 4" Wow no spoilers but jaw dropping finger nail biting goodness!!

I would like to get some copy's of the Sherlock Holmes DVD collections etc for the future of find them online downloadable if possible somewhere, the are programs i would be happy to watch again
Last edited by Kovic17 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kovic17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Centri » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:41 pm

seedcakes wrote:SPOILERS SPOILERS

i still don't see why she hasn't been given the death sentence.
i get that she could get off under the condition of mental illness, in a way
but... she killed so many people my gosh...
also
the writers made the ending of the last episode super dramatic
with john almost getting shot in the face and ending when the gun
goes off
ok i did not see a tranquilizer come out of that gun did you?
no.
my friend said something about feels and i think the writers
were trying to end the season with a huge sob-isode to make
everyone cry. i feel strong for not crying. although that molly scene...
i bet sherlock didn't tell her why later.

Britain (like pretty much all other western countries) doesn't have the death sentence, so the most she can get is life in prison, which seems to be what she did get, in a way. And nobody knew she had murdered anyone until many years later, when they finally found the skeleton. All they knew was that "Redbeard" had gone missing.
We didn't see any projectile at all come out of the gun, just the nozzle flare, but I thought tranquilizer guns usually used pressurized air as a propellant? But I suppose it might have been some special-built version, since they don't usually come in pistol shape either.
Centri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaplantai » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:30 am

i watched the last episode last night
i swear i was yelling "OMGGGGGGG"
every other 5 seconds, so much was
going on doods, i dont even really
know what to think, im unsure
if i loved it or if i hated it
━━━━━━━━━
xxkaplantai
xxxx/kap•lan•tie/
xxxxxxxxnoun
━━━━━━━━━
Image Image
━━━━━━━━━━
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
uni student. quiet artist.
friend to all. coffee lover.
funky dancer. poet. astro
logy fanatic. tired 25/8.
tumblr about me art

━━━━━━━━━━
Image Image
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Imagexxbut
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
heyo, i'm kaplantai. call me kap or tai. i am a busy uni
student that loves coding and art. i have a siggy shop:
& a pixel shop: . check em' out. thanks and peace doods.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Image Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
kaplantai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShireX » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:37 pm

Loved the season, I hope someday we get a season 5! The only thing I didn't like was that Mycroft wasn't the "smart one," as he's my favorite.

"Angel, I would steal the rainbow, soak up all your sorrows..."

"Humans. Your griefs, your pains, fix you to moments in the past long gone. You're like butterflies with your wings pinned." -Q
ShireX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Masquarade » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:01 am

Well, the final episode made an impression on me. :P
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Masquarade on Fri May 26, 2017 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Россия, GMT +3
The only correct one "Demand Data Cloud

adult playerapoliticalshe/her
Masquarade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dizzy socks » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:40 am

Sherlock wrote:*spoilers*
okay yeah so basically i did not like the finale because there are about 50 plot holes, loose ends, and discontinuities and i just can't believe these writers would be so sloppy (just to name a few: sherlock apparently forgot that glass is reflective and can't tell when it's 3 inches in front of his face, john climbed out of the well on a rope despite being chained to the bottom, victor trevor ate out of a dog bowl, no one bothered looking for a missing human child in the well and eurus was allowed to keep living as normal after kidnapping/murdering another PERSON, not a dog, that entire repulsive scene with molly where they undid her last 6 years of character development... i could go on)

as a finale that got so much hype i definitely don't think it lived up to expectations but knowing it could possibly be the last episode of sherlock ever is just... sad

like it wasn't even about sherlock and john. it was about a new character that no one really cared about and for some reason got forgiveness at the end despite multiple unforgivable crimes.

at least it ended in a place that i can live with and i can easily believe that they end up in a way i'd be happy with. but i am just disappointed in the writing of this episode.

I don't actually think most of those were plot holes. The glass yes, could be considered that way, however I think it's less likely to doubt those things that you assume to be true - throughout the series sherlock has become more 'human' and the first sighting of the sister he never knew he had would lessen that chance even more; his focus would be on her, not the glass. John and the well, I think Euros freed him - when Sherlock convinced her, she pressed some button somewhere which undid the manacles, and then he was able to climb out. Considering the other things which she achieved in the episode, I think it's in no way beyond the realms of possibility. Victor Trevor didn't eat out of a dog bowl, Redbeard the red setter did, in Sherlock's subconscious. If he's imagined a whole alternative reality, then a dog bowl doesn't seem to be stretching it. Missing human child - I don't doubt they looked, I think the well was supposed to be so hard to find that it never was, no matter the looking. 'living as normal'? She was institutionalised, I don't think that's normal, or safe.

However I also think there are a number of plot holes, and general dislikes - as there is with anything, and I still enjoyed it. For me, the biggest dislike is Mary. She died - let her be dead and gone, I didn't even like her when alive, much less on a never ending series of sick making DVDs. I thought the whole returning of Euros to the same place afterwards was ridiculous, what she's done once she can do again, nothing seemed to have changed. The idea that Sherlock as a boy would have completely erased a part of his memory seems inconceivable - he was always too smart, always. The bit with Molly was left so unresolved, it seemed to have no part at all in the plot.
Lights aways on. I work 9 to 5 (BST/GMT) so may take a while to get to PMs - but I will get to them.
Dizzy socks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:30 pm

I personally loved the finale. Even with its flaws, it might just be my favorite episode. I got my hands on the DVD the other day so I could watch it again and see if my opinion would be any different the second time around. Still love it! ^^ I think what others have already posted covers most of what I'd say about it, but to add some of my own thoughts concerning the flaws:

(Spoiler warning, of course)

- Sherlock not noticing the glass missing honestly doesn't seem out of place to me at all, given what we know about his character. While he can be extremely attentive to certain details, he can also be surprisingly blind to others. He doesn't always notice when John leaves the flat, for instance, and just goes on talking to no-one. He's also at his most human and most fallible when he's pushed into emotional situations, and I'd expect that confronting his sister and his forgotten past would bring up quite a few emotions for him. All his focus at that moment was on Eurus; he'd have considered it a given that the glass was there and would never have thought he should divert some of his attention to double-check.

- Nobody said Victor ate from the dog bowl, or that the bowl was ever used at all. The fake room was something Eurus set up to put Sherlock in and toy with him; presumably the bowl was just an extra detail added to go along with what she knew Sherlock thought he remembered and to connect what happened to Redbeard with what he had to do next.

- About the shackles and the well I kinda agree, but I also thought it could be like what Dizzy socks said above, that the shackles might have had some sort of an automatic release mechanism that wasn't shown. With all the other stuff we see Eurus able to set up and control, it's not too farfetched to imagine that there could have been a remote control for the shackles as well. It still bothers me a bit, though.

- Even though Eurus ended up back in the same place she was before, the circumstances are a little different. Everything she did leading up to that point was her ... odd way of "asking" Sherlock to save her by giving her attention and being there as her friend and brother. Now he and the rest of the family come to visit and interact with her. Maybe she'll be content with how things are now that she's not so isolated anymore.

At the same time, Mycroft and the people running security at Sherrinford have hopefully learned something from what happened and know to take greater care around Eurus in the future. She's still a danger, of course, but if there's no death penalty in Britain, probably there's not much more they can legally do besides keeping her imprisoned for life, and if Sherrinford is supposed to be where they lock away the absolute most dangerous criminals, where else are they going to send her?

Has there been any news about whether they're planning a 5th series? I have my fingers crossed for another one, but the way they wrapped thing up at the end of this last episode and how it's the first finale not to end on a cliffhanger (not to mention that it's called "The Final Problem") strongly suggests that they're thinking to stop there, or at least that they haven't decided anything yet and didn't want the show to feel unfinished if nothing else was made.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShireX » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:28 am

My guess is that they're being very careful in what they're saying about the future of the show. The actors and producers have said they'd love for it to go on (assuming Freeman and Cumberbatch have the time!) but if it doesn't, it doesn't. Personally, I think if B&F ever get enough time to do it, they will and season 5 will hapen. Everyone seems pretty eager to do another series, but resigned to the fact that logistically it may not happen. Just my two cents from what I've read!

"Angel, I would steal the rainbow, soak up all your sorrows..."

"Humans. Your griefs, your pains, fix you to moments in the past long gone. You're like butterflies with your wings pinned." -Q
ShireX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:41 am

@'Jester oh goodness... that first dressup hit me right in the feels ;-;
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quitted; » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:41 am

Hey, all! New to this fan club; but not new to the fandom. Thought I'd join in on the chatter!

Ok, so when season 4 premiered, I watched them as they came out, but on the last episode my wifi cut out, and I was not able to finish until months later, when it came on Netflix. (Honestly still sobbing that I didn't see it sooner), and I have to say, throughout the occasional plot hole, etc etc, I was and still am blown away and wanting more, as with all the previous seasons. Not only am I a bit of an extreme fan girl *cough* fan, but as a normal viewer I'm always so pleased with the level of quality in this show. Yes, there are flaws, there always are, in everything. But, as fans, can we just have a moment of 'GUYS, ITS OVER, WHAT DO WE DO!??!!'

It was amazing. Thats all I can focus on right now. Anyone want to add on their favorite elaborations to the show? I personally found the new family dynamics and deepened characterizations to be fascinating.
Last edited by quitted; on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quit CS! If you need to contact me, my Wattpad is linked to my profile :)
quitted;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me