Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1 - Thread Overhaul pg.389

Postby diana prince » Sun May 26, 2019 9:08 am

i only participated in two of the lapras raids but i'm just happy that i was able to catch the two of them <33 did anybody catch a shiny?
diana prince

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Sun May 26, 2019 11:51 am

my lapras day dont start for a another few hours :/

and i just relized im bust on slaKoth CD :(

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sun May 26, 2019 12:22 pm

Hey, not sure if this should go here or on the normal Pokémon club, but I'm going to ask it here anyway. Would anyone be interested in a trainer based Pokémon RP with the Teams from Go?
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby diana prince » Sun May 26, 2019 2:32 pm

i just caught two shiny lapras's in a row?? and then before that a random shiny magikarp?? pokemon gods pls keep giving me luck
diana prince

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwani » Sun May 26, 2019 4:05 pm

Princess Nishea wrote:Anyone have some pokeball tossing tips/tricks?
I wasted a good 5 or 6 balls (some of them were great balls too!) trying to catch an Arcanine yesterday, I need help LOL.

BTW, when I say I wasted them, I mean that the Pokeballs never even hit the pokemon (my tosses missed).
(TT u TT)

Try to keep your finger in the center of the screen. I mean that when you are about to throw it, keep in center as you throw it. Also try to time it when said pokemon is going to "attack" the ball. Some times they would do that a couple times in a row.
Kiwani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sun May 26, 2019 10:53 pm

Kiwani wrote:
Princess Nishea wrote:Anyone have some pokeball tossing tips/tricks?
I wasted a good 5 or 6 balls (some of them were great balls too!) trying to catch an Arcanine yesterday, I need help LOL.

BTW, when I say I wasted them, I mean that the Pokeballs never even hit the pokemon (my tosses missed).
(TT u TT)

Try to keep your finger in the center of the screen. I mean that when you are about to throw it, keep in center as you throw it. Also try to time it when said pokemon is going to "attack" the ball. Some times they would do that a couple times in a row.

I find it much easier to throw curveballs myself. It's hard to explain since there really isn't really a technique to it. It's just something that becomes muscle memory after a while haha.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwani » Mon May 27, 2019 6:03 am

I suck a curveballs. Not going to be happy when I get to that part in A Mythical Discovery...that and getting 400 Magikarp candies to evolve it.
Kiwani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fysha » Mon May 27, 2019 6:16 am

Kiwani wrote:I suck a curveballs. Not going to be happy when I get to that part in A Mythical Discovery...that and getting 400 Magikarp candies to evolve it.

The more often you do curve balls, the better you get. I was really bad at them, but are easy for me now. The hardest part for me was getting an excellent curve ball. Oh and put magikarp as your walking buddy. Still takes awhile, but helps.
Fysha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 am

The best advice I can give is simply to practice, practice, practice. I could barely hit the Pokemon at all and wasted most of my balls even with regular throws at first, but now I can land great regular and curved throws fairly consistently. You kind of just have to develop a feel for the right motion and amount of force to use. With curveballs especially, you'll have to practice to get a good sense of how much it curves and at which angle before you'll be able to aim them well.

Besides that, also keep an eye on the Pokemon's movements. If it hasn't moved in a little while, you'll want to wait until it does, then throw the ball immediately afterward so it's less likely to suddenly jump or knock it away. I'd recommend trying to aim the ball a little high, too (unless you need a great/excellent throw), so that if the Pokemon does jump, the ball can still hit it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaosin » Mon May 27, 2019 11:33 am

Schuyler wrote:The best advice I can give is simply to practice, practice, practice. I could barely hit the Pokemon at all and wasted most of my balls even with regular throws at first, but now I can land great regular and curved throws fairly consistently. You kind of just have to develop a feel for the right motion and amount of force to use. With curveballs especially, you'll have to practice to get a good sense of how much it curves and at which angle before you'll be able to aim them well.

Besides that, also keep an eye on the Pokemon's movements. If it hasn't moved in a little while, you'll want to wait until it does, then throw the ball immediately afterward so it's less likely to suddenly jump or knock it away. I'd recommend trying to aim the ball a little high, too (unless you need a great/excellent throw), so that if the Pokemon does jump, the ball can still hit it.

I agree with Schuyler on this, practice makes perfect!
I do curveballs myself, and a trick I noticed is spin the ball consistently in the same place (i.e. where the ball is), and throw to whatever side you feel comfortable with (i.e. I'm left-handed, so my throw is to the left of my screen). You want to follow the momentum of the curve, but it really is all practice to find the height, distance, etc. of your arch. My friends are all right-handed and do it differently, so it took me forever to find my throwing style and what distances work for me. I commonly hit greats, can do excellents alright, and nice are easy. Sometimes though, I'm a bit high and just bonk the pokemon on the head!
It never hurts to find common pokemon (people say seel, venonats, etc. are easier!) and just mess around with them to get comfortable with your throwing style. It really is different for everyone!

On a bum note, I went to a Deoxys EX raid today. Unfortunately, the person I invited didn't get in, so I dipped out for him and we wound up in a group with three people and couldn't beat it. No one in the large group wanted to dip out - and I don't blame them as it was gonna rain, but it was unlucky! I did get some shinx raids, though no shinies there!
I'll have to try more tomorrow! <3

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me