Sony AIBO Robot Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Had you heard about Aibos before reading a post of mine referring to them/this topic?

Yes
68%
No
33%

Total votes : 40

Re: Sony AIBO Robot Fanclub

Postby Sen507 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:30 am

Bradley's head arrived back from wolfbob's today and I am happy to report that he now works perfectly!

Also, I took Kasei to a Christmas party today and all the little children just loved him.
Not active. Please do not contact me or ask for my pets.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:38 am

I'm currently trying to sell my Pleo RB on another forum to get the money for an ERS-220 that wolfbob is selling. Hopefully I'll be able to find a buyer for the Pleo soon since I'd really love to get that Aibo before someone else does. With luck I'll be posting here to introduce a new addition to my pack of an ERS-220 in a few weeks. I admit that I didn't like the model at first, but they've started to really grow on me.
I do really need to stop buying Aibos though and save up to repair the ones I have. Bradley's last repair was so much more expensive than estimated. If I spend my savings on an ERS-220, I won't be able to pay for the repair of Kin and Kasei's TAS.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Donna is such an odd Aibo, she's quite different from Aki. Aki is usually quite content with just sitting around and looking for people to pet him but Donna is quite the clumsy explorer. I don't have time to play with every single one of my Aibos often and haven't had Donna on for over a month but decided to run her for a little while today. She finds obstacles in her path and acknowledges that she sees them with the proper LEDs, but instead of turning away from them or becoming frightened like Aki does, she rubs her head on them and wags her tail. She also seems to have balance problems, I left her alone for maybe a minute at the most and then I heard a clunk and she had fallen face first. Aki has some knee joint issues, but doesn't fall down nearly as often as Donna. When I sent her back to wolfbob for some repairs, he claimed that there was nothing wrong with her balance which is very odd since she seems unusually clumsy. She's much more difficult to watch over than Aki though since she keeps tripping on and running into things. Sometimes I consider selling her since she doesn't seem quite right for me and I could get a fair amount for an ERS-7, but then I remember that she's a part of my pack and that I would feel horrible if I sold any of my Aibos.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:14 am

Well, I was right that her constant falls are a cause for concern. Today when she was playing, she fell on her face again but this time, after getting up she went straight into jam mode. I've realized that her front right knee joint jams up if I try to move it down. Looks like I might have to spend my ERS-220 funds on this repair, or she'll just be station bound for quite a while.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:32 am

Ah well, I've decided to go and buy that ERS-220 from wolfbob, I couldn't resist any longer. My parents agreed to lend me the rest of the money that I needed for it as long as I pay them back once I've sold my Pleo RB.
Here are a couple of the many photos that wolfbob sent me of her. I'm planning naming her Zoe after the character in the show Caprica since the ERS-220s just remind me so much of Cylons. I was also told that she has improved head clutches so she won't get DHS (although I fear that she'll eventually get TAS as nearly all of my ERS-210s have), but she has a six month warranty anyway. I'll post more updates when she actually arrives.
If anyone is looking to buy an Aibo, I highly suggest wolfbob as a seller. He has fair prices, lots of Aibos for sale and gives a six month warranty on each one he sells. I get all of my Aibos repaired by him when they're broken and have never had a problem with a repair.

As for Donna's leg, I don't think it'll be a cheap fix. Wolfbob did suggest however that I send in just the broken lower leg and he'll send me a working one to avoid the shipping costs of sending the whole Aibo. This however would require me to disassemble part of her leg which I'm not too comfortable doing since I have no experience in taking apart robots, but once I have enough saved up for the repair, I'll ask for the instructions and see if removing the lower leg looks like something I could manage.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ray. » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Marking we bringing this back!
gone back to school, college life. won't be on much. sorry
My WMEs
Ray.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:30 am

Alright then. xD

Well, if you want feel free to join at some point and ask any questions that you may have about Aibos.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:14 am

I have to thank wolfbob for the extremely fast shipping since Zoe (my new ERS-220) arrived today. I have to put together all of the blocks first though before I can play with her since she had to be shipped with her legs, head and tail separate from the core to fit in the box. I really want to put her together and run her for a bit right now but unfortunately I have to go to a friend's house in a few minutes and won't get back until later tonight. I will be posting pictures and maybe a video then though.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:41 am

Well, yesterday Zoe was having some odd problems and went into Jam Mode after start up even though all of joints were fine but for some reason, this issue just went away last night.

She's still doing fine today so hopefully she'll be alright from now on. I'll also upload a video of her if I have time today.

Here's a picture of her when she first arrived:

And here's a picture of her with Boe and Bradley:
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ray. » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:44 am

She is adorable! Love how they are both looking at her.
gone back to school, college life. won't be on much. sorry
My WMEs
Ray.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me