Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1 - Thread Overhaul pg.389

Postby popping star » Wed May 08, 2019 9:28 am

This may be a dumb question, but may I ask how do raids work?
    I don't quite understand them, lol.
popping star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaosin » Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 am

odd eye wrote:

This will be a long post so please bear with me! Also, there's some other info I put in here for help! <3

Raid battles by Niantic's own definition are " Raid Battles occur when a Boss Pokémon takes over a Gym. Your goal is to defeat this powerful Pokémon. If you and your fellow Trainers are successful, you'll be rewarded with special items and a chance at catching that Pokémon. "

So, what does this mean? Well, any Gym during the day will have a chance to spawn an egg on it. This egg can be one of three colors: white-and-yellow, pink, and purple/blue with white stripes.
Each of these colors represents a different level for that raid. White-and-yellow can be a level one or level two. Pink can be level three or level four. Purple with white stripes is level five.
Within these ranks are certain pokemon that - while you can see some of them in the wild - some are raid-exclusive. Level fives will always be a legendary of some sort (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Azelf, etc.). For example, Alolan Raichu, Alolan Marowak, and any level five* will be raid-exclusive.

* - level fives have the chance to go to research breakthrough, but they will always start as a level five raid

If you manage to beat the raid, you will be awarded items including (but not limited to) tms, potions, revives, rare candies, etc. as well as the chance to catch the pokemon. Depending on the team that does more damage, you will also receive extra balls to catch the pokemon. These balls are called premier balls and will only be found in raids. You can only use these balls, but you can use any berries you'd like to help you catch the pokemon. The higher the level of the raid, the chances are it's more difficult to catch the pokemon!

It's also worth noting that the pokemon in raids with the exception of a few most of the time, will change based on the events/month. The front page of the fanclub will have a list, as well as checking sites like leekduck.com. These will also give you the ideal CPs, if you're a perfect hunter.

So what's the benefit of raids? Raids allow you to have a better chance at better IVs on pokemon. Instead of ranging from 0-15 in IVs, they will always range from 10-15. This allows a higher chance at a perfect, if you want one. Also, raids tend to host shiny chance pokemon, which can help increase your chances of encountering one. Raids are also the best way to get legendaries - if you can find enough people!

What if you can't find a group? Can you solo a raid? Well, kind of? Depending on level. This is from personal experience - so this section may not be completely helpful, however breaking it down by tiers
Level 1
Solo - almost always yes

Level one raids are the easiest, so therefore there is a much higher chance to solo them as long as your level isn't too low. You have plenty of time, and most of them are easy to do!

Level 2
Solo - highly possible yes

Level two raids are also rather easy, and while harder than a level 1, with the right powered up stuff, you can solo these as well. They take a bit longer, but if you're the right level, you can do it!

Level 3
Solo - maybe

Level three raids are where it gets a tad tricky. This is the turning point for a lot of members, as it's not as easy to solo. If you're a high level with powered up monsters, you should be just fine. By high level, we're talking 37+, so near the end of leveling. Here, weather boost can be your friend or your enemy. Knowing the best pokemon to use will be your friend!

Level 4
Solo - almost always no

Level four raids are extremely hard to solo. I personally have had friends who can solo certain pokemon at level 40. Mind you, they have completely maxed out 100% IV pokemon, and they still are close to the wire. Level fours can be two-manned with two strong players, but again solo will not be possible until endgame with good pokemon! Also weather boost is similar to level three, and can be your friend or your enemy!

Level 5
Solo - absolutely not

Level five raids are legendary pokemon, therefore they are impossible to solo. Depending on the pokemon, you may be able to get away with a group of three to four instead of five+, but it really depends on your levels and your pokemon. Two maxed out players may be able to two-man a legendary - depending on levels, pokemon IVs/levels, and weather. Friends of mine have easily two-manned Azelf, Rayquaza, and almost two-manned Giratina. So, if you're a level 40 with maxed out 100% stuff, depending on the pokemon a two-man is as low as you can go and that's only if the conditions are right.

Finally, there is also the special EX Raid. EX Raids are an occurrence that happens at specifically labeled gyms. The gyms are labeled with an "EX Gym" notice in the top right corner of the gym when you click on it. These gyms have the chance to give you an item known as an EX Pass. This pass will give you a specific date and time for the EX Raid. These raids feature a specific legendary and tend to last for some time. For example, the current one is Deoxys. If you miss the window given on the pass, you will have to reobtain the pass.
You can get the pass by doing any raid at that gym. So even a level one raid gives you the chance at the pass! You normally get the pass about a week before the EX Raid, so you know in advance!

I think that's almost everything unless someone else has something to add? But I hope it helps you!

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hot Dad » Wed May 08, 2019 10:40 am

odd eye wrote:

Is there anything in particular that's confusing?
It's basically a multiplayer battle, in which if you win you get rewards and a limited number of poke balls to try catch the Pokemon you fought. (Chance for shiny version also)

Here's some other things:
. Eggs show that a raid Pokemon will hatch. Pink is normal (1-2 person raid), yellow is rare (3-4 p) and blue is legendary (5 people) The people is an estimate and guide, they're shown as little markers. People have been known to solo some legendary raids, and sometimes it'll take you more than 5 people to do a legendary. (It's really up to you and your teams level to how many people you'll need)
. Though there are 3 eggs, there's 5 tiers of difficulty. So despite it being the same egg, you may find one Pokemon harder than the other.
. Everyday you get one free raid pass from gyms. If you want to do more than one raid a day you'll have to buy a raid pass.
. The battle system is like when you take a gym or battle trainers, with your quick and charged attack. Dodge when it comes up with the notification that the enemy will use their charged attack.
. CP of the enemy Pokemon is magnified for the fight, but it goes down to a normal amount when you try catch it.
. You can get more poke balls at the end, so you have better chance of catching it, if you have high damage contribution and gym control. And also you get more by being in the team that has contributed the most.
. Aside from the reward of the Pokemon (if you catch it), you get XP (varies depending on the egg), golden razz, rare candies, TM's.

The best way to understand them is to go do some, find your next one person raid and give it a shot!
┌──────────┐

└──────────┘Howdy boys. surprise! Papa Bless, everyone go and love me, yhupppo......
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
Hot Dad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Wed May 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Me looking at all of the Pokémon Go info that’s been posted on this page:

BTW, thanks for the CP info Thalassic and Chaosin! (^ u ^)

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby popping star » Wed May 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Hot Dad wrote:Is there anything in particular that's confusing?
It's basically a multiplayer battle, in which if you win you get rewards and a limited number of poke balls to try catch the Pokemon you fought. (Chance for shiny version also)

Here's some other things:
. Eggs show that a raid Pokemon will hatch. Pink is normal (1-2 person raid), yellow is rare (3-4 p) and blue is legendary (5 people) The people is an estimate and guide, they're shown as little markers. People have been known to solo some legendary raids, and sometimes it'll take you more than 5 people to do a legendary. (It's really up to you and your teams level to how many people you'll need)
. Though there are 3 eggs, there's 5 tiers of difficulty. So despite it being the same egg, you may find one Pokemon harder than the other.
. Everyday you get one free raid pass from gyms. If you want to do more than one raid a day you'll have to buy a raid pass.
. The battle system is like when you take a gym or battle trainers, with your quick and charged attack. Dodge when it comes up with the notification that the enemy will use their charged attack.
. CP of the enemy Pokemon is magnified for the fight, but it goes down to a normal amount when you try catch it.
. You can get more poke balls at the end, so you have better chance of catching it, if you have high damage contribution and gym control. And also you get more by being in the team that has contributed the most.
. Aside from the reward of the Pokemon (if you catch it), you get XP (varies depending on the egg), golden razz, rare candies, TM's.

The best way to understand them is to go do some, find your next one person raid and give it a shot!

I was mostly confused about how you obtained raid pokemon and what exactly goes on in a raid.
    You explained both perfectly. Thank you so very much for the information! It's very helpful. c:

popping star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwani » Thu May 09, 2019 3:26 am

About raids, there were reports that alot of people were able to solo the Attack Forme Deoxys Ex-Raid. Apparently it was easy, from what I read.

(Ex-raids are raids that you and one ultra friend of your choice, can only be invited to. There are gyms that has something on the upper right corner that most other gyms won't have. You have to do raids, especially at these special gyms if you can call them that, and there's a small chance that you can get an invite. You then will be given a time, date, and location where the ex-raid will be going on. Make sure you don't do it on vacation, like I did, there's a chance that the date will be when you are home and not when you still on vacation.) Anyone can feel free to add onto this, since some of my information might not be correct.
Kiwani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaosin » Thu May 09, 2019 8:02 am

Kiwani wrote:About raids, there were reports that alot of people were able to solo the Attack Forme Deoxys Ex-Raid. Apparently it was easy, from what I read.

Just want to add on this a bit - as your advice for the EX raids was fine!
Attack Forme Deoxys was soloable, yes. This is the only one that could be soloed mostly due to the fact that it's defense stat is crazy low!
The stats for Attack Forme Deoxys are 414 attack, 46 defense, and 137 stamina. To put this into perspective, Normal Forme Deoxys is 345 attack, 115 defense, and 137 stamina.
Any other EX raid at this point is not/has not been soloable.

Also, another question for you all!
Has anyone found a shiny aipom yet? Also has anyone seen a pikachu with the detective hat in the wild?

I caught mine from the photobomb, but I haven't seen any on my radar in the wild!

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwani » Thu May 09, 2019 9:00 am

I wish there was ex-raid gyms near where I live. There could be any in the next town over, since it is a big college town, but I don't live in that town to check.

I got mine in a photobomb. Also when I checked the pictures, I didn't see the Pikachu with a detective hat thought. Yet to see one in the wild, but I haven't gotten out yet.

I have yet to see a shiny Aipom, and I want one. Pink is one of my favorite colors for shinies. Polygon has an article that has what the research for this event is, and the rewards that comes with them. One of them gives a pokemon encounter of a Ditto, but it's disguise of course.
Kiwani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Thu May 09, 2019 11:33 am

I got lucky with a shiny Aipom yesterday. c: Its IVs aren't very good, but not a big deal. Haven't seen a detective Pikachu in the wild yet, but I've had two photobombs so far (one ran away before I could catch it, though ... *grumble*)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby petulinda » Sun May 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Schuyler wrote:I got lucky with a shiny Aipom yesterday. c: Its IVs aren't very good, but not a big deal. Haven't seen a detective Pikachu in the wild yet, but I've had two photobombs so far (one ran away before I could catch it, though ... *grumble*)

Oooh, congrats! :mrgreen: I'm still hoping for mine, still no luck :( Also, can detective Pikachu appear in the wild? I thought it could only spawn through photobombs :shock:
petulinda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me