Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1 - Updated For 2019!

Postby cocogerber13 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:13 am

Princess Nishea wrote:I pretty much just started playing the game, so I have zero shinies. :lol:

How do you catch shinies?

You won’t know they are shiny until you click on them and start an encounter! They’re still pretty rare and not every pokemon has a shiny form in GO yet, but there is an increase during events ^^
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:15 am

cocogerber13 wrote:
Princess Nishea wrote:I pretty much just started playing the game, so I have zero shinies. :lol:

You won’t know they are shiny until you click on them and start an encounter! They’re still pretty rare and not every pokemon has a shiny form in GO yet, but there is an increase during events ^^

Oh, so they just spawn like any other Pokémon?
That’s great!

The dancing Lance in your siggy is awesome BTW. (^ U ^)

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaosin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:34 am

Dama wrote: * snip *

The only shiny I’ve found completely at random is my Pontya (now Rapidash). Her IVs are terrible but I love her anyway lol

Edit: in other news I actually got invited to an Ex-Raid on the 27th! I had originally planned to travel back to uni the day before, but ended up deciding to delay it by a day just for this lol. I’ll be doing the raid and travelling back on the same day instead, so hope it’s worth the rush. I’ll let ya’ll know how it goes!

Low key, I swear no shiny is ever good on purpose! Granted, I know of people with shundos (shinies with perfect IVs for those unaware!). It just seems like shinies have a higher chance of being bad than normal pokemon!

I wish you luck with the Ex-Raid! o:
I have yet to do one for this current one, so let me know if it's easy!
I live near an Ex-Raid gym, but it's like a 40 minute walk that I just don't want to commit to. ;3;

So, forgive me as this may be a little messy, but I'll try and cover all the ways to get a shiny even though it's kinda been answered? ^^;
I'm just a shiny hoarder so don't mind me of course!

There are a few ways to get a shiny as they are released into the game in several ways. They are as followed: in the wild by chance, hatches, community days, research, and raids.
When a shiny pokemon is found, they will be a drastically different color (save for a handful like Natu!) and will sparkle upon being clicked on/hatched.

Most pokemon get released into the wild (magikarp, ponyta, growlithe, etc.), but a handful are deemed special enough for community days (i.e. starters, bagon, etc.). Community days are a three hour window on a date provided by Niantic. During that three hour window, the pokemon in question has a much higher spawn rate compared to those around it and has an increased chance of being shiny! This is the best way to snag a shiny, as it's much more common to find one this way!

Hatched shinies apply mostly to baby pokemon (cleffa, pichu, magby, etc.). However, there are shinies that you can get from 2km, 5km, and 10km eggs that also have a chance to be shiny! Hatching a baby pokemon is the only way to get that pokemon's shiny form (i.e. you have to hatch a shiny magby to get a shiny magmar or a shiny cleffa for clefairy).

Next is research, which ties in with the wild pokemon. Some pokemon are research rewards and these pokemon can also be shiny! Pokemon like kabuto, gastly, and omanyte to name a few are some you may see shiny here. Another shiny opportunity from research is legendaries like the birds, Lugia, Ho-Oh, etc. This is the only other way to get these as of right now if you missed their releases in raids!

Finally, there's raids. Raids change constantly, but some like absol and shinx can be found shiny in raids - just to name a couple here! On top of that, the legendaries that cycle through may also come back into raids with a shiny chance. For example, right now Latios is in raids for the week with a shiny opportunity! <3

I also wanted to add, if you're ever not sure on what's a shiny, I always find out that this list provided by Leekduck.com is really useful! It's updated as soon as possible, so it's almost always up to date (sometimes it takes up to a week), but what's nice is it also acts as a checklist so you can keep track of which shinies you have and how many you have left to go!

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:50 am

Chaosin wrote:
Dama wrote: * snip *

The only shiny I’ve found completely at random is my Pontya (now Rapidash). Her IVs are terrible but I love her anyway lol

Edit: in other news I actually got invited to an Ex-Raid on the 27th! I had originally planned to travel back to uni the day before, but ended up deciding to delay it by a day just for this lol. I’ll be doing the raid and travelling back on the same day instead, so hope it’s worth the rush. I’ll let ya’ll know how it goes!

Low key, I swear no shiny is ever good on purpose! Granted, I know of people with shundos (shinies with perfect IVs for those unaware!). It just seems like shinies have a higher chance of being bad than normal pokemon!

I wish you luck with the Ex-Raid! o:
I have yet to do one for this current one, so let me know if it's easy!
I live near an Ex-Raid gym, but it's like a 40 minute walk that I just don't want to commit to. ;3;

So, forgive me as this may be a little messy, but I'll try and cover all the ways to get a shiny even though it's kinda been answered? ^^;
I'm just a shiny hoarder so don't mind me of course!

There are a few ways to get a shiny as they are released into the game in several ways. They are as followed: in the wild by chance, hatches, community days, research, and raids.
When a shiny pokemon is found, they will be a drastically different color (save for a handful like Natu!) and will sparkle upon being clicked on/hatched.

Most pokemon get released into the wild (magikarp, ponyta, growlithe, etc.), but a handful are deemed special enough for community days (i.e. starters, bagon, etc.). Community days are a three hour window on a date provided by Niantic. During that three hour window, the pokemon in question has a much higher spawn rate compared to those around it and has an increased chance of being shiny! This is the best way to snag a shiny, as it's much more common to find one this way!

Hatched shinies apply mostly to baby pokemon (cleffa, pichu, magby, etc.). However, there are shinies that you can get from 2km, 5km, and 10km eggs that also have a chance to be shiny! Hatching a baby pokemon is the only way to get that pokemon's shiny form (i.e. you have to hatch a shiny magby to get a shiny magmar or a shiny cleffa for clefairy).

Next is research, which ties in with the wild pokemon. Some pokemon are research rewards and these pokemon can also be shiny! Pokemon like kabuto, gastly, and omanyte to name a few are some you may see shiny here. Another shiny opportunity from research is legendaries like the birds, Lugia, Ho-Oh, etc. This is the only other way to get these as of right now if you missed their releases in raids!

Finally, there's raids. Raids change constantly, but some like absol and shinx can be found shiny in raids - just to name a couple here! On top of that, the legendaries that cycle through may also come back into raids with a shiny chance. For example, right now Latios is in raids for the week with a shiny opportunity! <3

I also wanted to add, if you're ever not sure on what's a shiny, I always find out that this list provided by Leekduck.com is really useful! It's updated as soon as possible, so it's almost always up to date (sometimes it takes up to a week), but what's nice is it also acts as a checklist so you can keep track of which shinies you have and how many you have left to go!

Thanks so much for the information! (^ U ^)

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby popping star » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:24 pm

username; odd eye
favorite pokemon; Typhlosion or Jynx
how many pokemon do you have in your pokedex?; Caught 213 and seen 284
what team are you on?; Instinct!

Has anyone obtained a shiny buneary or lopunny yet?
I'm really hoping to get one, but bad weather has been stopping me from searching, lol.
popping star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwani » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:55 am

Speaking about Ex-Raids, how do you know which gems are used for Ex-Raids? Also I am going to be annoyed and sad when speed forme Deoxys comes to Ex-Raids, since is one of my favorite Mythical Pokemon. We already had normal/attack and currently defense forme Deoxys in Ex-Raids. Also will Ex-Raid pokemon eventually release as regular gyms and/or research breakthrough pokemon rewards?
Kiwani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaosin » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:25 pm

odd eye wrote:
I'm really hoping to get one, but bad weather has been stopping me from searching, lol.

Nope! I hope to get a shiny buneary in the future though! The ones I have seen haven't been shiny sadly!
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to really do this event which is frustrating. Between being busy and the constant rain, I haven't had a chance to go out and explore or work on hatching eggs.

Kiwani wrote:Speaking about Ex-Raids, how do you know which gems are used for Ex-Raids? Also I am going to be annoyed and sad when speed forme Deoxys comes to Ex-Raids, since is one of my favorite Mythical Pokemon. We already had normal/attack and currently defense forme Deoxys in Ex-Raids. Also will Ex-Raid pokemon eventually release as regular gyms and/or research breakthrough pokemon rewards?

The gyms are labeled in the top corner still I believe! Example here from a Reddit user named robmark12, as I don't have an example of my own! Any gym that has this has a chance of giving an EX-Raid pass!
As for if they will release to regular gyms/research, I know when Mewtwo was swapped for Deoxys originally, it went to regular raids (I believe it was still a level 5, but something also tells me it may have been a level 4 for some reason? I can't remember it's been so long!). However, I don't know how they'll plan to do Deoxys. With all the different forms, I don't know if they'd do a form a week/month if they were to bring it to regular raids. So, that I'm not sure on!

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:54 pm

Chaosin wrote:
Kiwani wrote:Speaking about Ex-Raids, how do you know which gems are used for Ex-Raids? Also I am going to be annoyed and sad when speed forme Deoxys comes to Ex-Raids, since is one of my favorite Mythical Pokemon. We already had normal/attack and currently defense forme Deoxys in Ex-Raids. Also will Ex-Raid pokemon eventually release as regular gyms and/or research breakthrough pokemon rewards?

The gyms are labeled in the top corner still I believe! Example here from a Reddit user named robmark12, as I don't have an example of my own! Any gym that has this has a chance of giving an EX-Raid pass!
As for if they will release to regular gyms/research, I know when Mewtwo was swapped for Deoxys originally, it went to regular raids (I believe it was still a level 5, but something also tells me it may have been a level 4 for some reason? I can't remember it's been so long!). However, I don't know how they'll plan to do Deoxys. With all the different forms, I don't know if they'd do a form a week/month if they were to bring it to regular raids. So, that I'm not sure on!

Just to add on to this, the Ex-Raid pool is extremely small in comparison to normal Raids. Since Mewtwo and three of the four formes of Deoxys are the only Pokemon that have been in the pool, it's hard to determine whether these Pokemon will actually be exclusive to Ex-Raids. Mewtwo wasn't, but that doesn't mean Deoxys will be the same.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IndigoDreams » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:16 pm

odd eye wrote:
I'm really hoping to get one, but bad weather has been stopping me from searching, lol. [/size][/center]

I actually obtained one today! The weather's been pretty good here so I went out searching for shiny shuckle and buneary, ended up catching shiny shuckle while I was out then buneary when I got back home. You still have time left in the event, I hope you catch one soon! Luckily at least where I am, the buneary spawn rate isn't too bad normally.

username; Indigodreams
favorite pokemon; Lapras or Misdreavus
how many pokemon do you have in your pokedex?; caught 382 seen 425
what team are you on?;
Mystic

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
IndigoDreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby petulinda » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:42 pm

IndigoDreams wrote:
odd eye wrote:
I'm really hoping to get one, but bad weather has been stopping me from searching, lol. [/size][/center]

I actually obtained one today! The weather's been pretty good here so I went out searching for shiny shuckle and buneary, ended up catching shiny shuckle while I was out then buneary when I got back home. You still have time left in the event, I hope you catch one soon! Luckily at least where I am, the buneary spawn rate isn't too bad normally.

Oooh luckyy :O I was trying hard to get a shiny Shuckle but didn't succeed. :( I still have time to get a shiny Buneary, I hope I really get one before the event is over! ^-^
petulinda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me