Ball Jointed Doll Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Ball Jointed Doll Club

Postby metonymy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:20 am

oh yeah, i've seen some that are like really elaborate and worth the money but.... they also make me stagger backwards clutching my chest while i have a heart attack and my wallet starts screaming preemptively looooool

you can also make your own wig from fur pretty cheaply. personally i don't like those too much, but if you want a wig from like a remnant of faux fur found at your local joann's or whatever, they're very quick and easy to make.

taobao is where i'm looking for my next round of wigs - they're like 5-10 dollars (plus cost of shipping to taobaospree, and then finally shipping to me in the usa), so not really practical if you want just one or two things. but i'm doing a big stockup of dolly stuff for my belated birthday/christmas so it works out. :)

i really do like the monique gold wigs tho, and i'd say look around and see if anything strikes your fancy there! :D
All gifs are from Bjork music videos, and rotate
oekaki - ff.n - 8tracks - ☧ - intj - she/her pronouns please
-
I suffer from depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and chronic pain.
If you need to come talk and get some peer support, my inbox is always open.
metonymy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Wed May 03, 2017 3:33 pm

this thread hasn't been posted on in a long time...
i'm only $14 away from getting my minifee!!
except i'm having some doubts about her face sculpt :/ i'm not sure if i want celine!! what face sculpt is your favorite from the minifee line? i'm just trying to get some opinions so i don't regret my decision c:

EDIT;; ordered celine!!! she's not gonna be here for a long time but i'm still very excited! i'm going to order some clothes from guppykisses and style25bjd on etsy and probably make her a wig since i've been practicing!!! i'm very very excited to join the "real" bjd community lol! i ordered her with a factory faceup simply because i do like her makeup from the factory and im TERRIFIED of doing faceups myself!
i know most people don't but i really felt like the makeup fit the style i have in mind for her :silent:

since the thing perhaps is to eat flowers and not to be afraid - e.e. cummings

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:35 am

i realize i'm double posting but this thread has died out so much! i still haven't received my celine yet, but i think i will soon. i've learned how to make really cheap wigs out of brushed yarn for my girls that look good! can't wait to test it out on my new minifee :)

for my next doll i've been thinking about iplehouse violet. she'd also require a bit of saving but i love her sculpt and how it looks a lot more mature than most msd sized dolls. i'd love to hear some opinions/commentary on that!

also have been wondering if i should have ordered through denver doll emporium. does anyone here have any experience with ordering through them? is shipping more/less expensive through them?

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:33 pm

I was curious if there were any BJD topics and found this! I hope it becomes lively again! c: I just made my doll a necklace, she's a MiniFee Chloe, I got her on Christmas Eve last year from my dad! Her name is Saerine. ^^
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:41 am

what a pretty name!! do you have any pictures of her? id love to see them :0

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:26 am

Thank you! ^~^ Yes, I do, I post most of them on Instagram. She doesn't have a faceup yet, I want to do it myself but I want to get something to practice on first. I don't fully trust the sealer I have yet haha

Image Image

The necklace I made her c:
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 pm

how pretty!!! i love her wig and that necklace is so cute! i ordered my celine with makeup, i don't trust myself to do her faceup lol

i'm also still trying to decide on her name... i was thinking either quinn, farrah, or ginger, but i can't quite make up my mind! i'm not sure if i'll go with quinn, i've already seen a (recast) celine on insta with the name quinn :/

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Thank you so much! I'd say judge when you get her, maybe take a little while. I didn't name Saerine for awhile, but I also wasn't expecting her so I didn't have time to think ahead of when I got her lol Personally I love Quinn because I had a friend by that name c: But it definitely depends on what your doll is like!
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:28 am

i think i'm probably going to go with farrah after one of my favorite drag queens lol

i just ordered a whole bunch of doll clothes so she won't be naked when she gets here c: lotsa sparkly leggings :lol:

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Oooh! That's a good thing XD When I got my doll we didn't have clothes, I just made her a bikini like top out of two hair bands she came with lol I actually just watched someone unbox one of the Fairyland centaurs and... Well I didn't ask for my doll and me and my dad knew nothing about BjDs at the time and Sae was a surprise... But he told me she came in a cardboard box and there wasn't really anything else. The girl I watched got intructions and an authenticity card and I know my dad wouldn't look over that. So I think she might be a recast or from a reseller :,) I don't really support recasts but even if she is, I don't love her any less. She was a complete surprise XD And there is still a half chance she could just be from a reseller, she's not in any bad condition that I've seen people mention about recasts. She has a problem with one of her wrists but I think it's fixable if I find the patience to sand it.

Anyways... I've been looking at some boys and it seems so difficult to find a 1/4 boy who doesn't look too child-like and doesn't have a pout X,D
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me