Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1

Postby z i m » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am

the only thing i saw wrong with that is ignoring that fact that rural players exist and we can't do anything.
the only thing i can do is walk my buddy pokémon, even though when i evolve it, i won't even be able to use it unless we go somewhere! the nearest pokestop is at least five miles away in any direction. oh you want to battle? sorry there's not a single gym within a 15 mile radius. congrats to you for being able to play, but half of- no probably only a quarter because they've already quit- us are unable to play at all besides walking.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
lthey/themcurrently watching: the bear

hello! im l and i use any pronouns.
-
i mostly just trade on here, but
feel free to check out some of these
art shoptradeetsy
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

z i m

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:33 am

I really do feel bad for the people who live in areas where the game is dead, but the point of legendaries and raids in general is that they are SUPPOSED to be hard to defeat. I see everyone complaining about the fact that you can't do legendary raids alone and that is silly to me. Raids, especially legendary raids, are meant to be incredibly difficult things that you must orchestrate large groups to defeat. And even if you defeat them, sometimes in a group of 20 people, only 1 will actually catch the raid boss.

It is supposed to be a challenging, cooperative system.

Do you think in the "real world" some kid with his Blastoise could go up to Lugia and take it down by himself? Of course not. Then Lugia wouldn't be legendary.

In the original Pokémon games, which were solo, the legendaries came ONCE throughout the game play and you had to catch them carefully. In Pokémon Go, there is no way to do that system and have legendaries be fair to the whole world. So they allow legendaries to spawn in massive numbers around the world, with the catch that you NEED a group of people to do them. That seems like a totally fair trade off to me.

I caught a Lugia in my first Lugia raid. We had 17 people in the group.

Never caught an Articuno. Never even saw a Moltres raid.

I travelled downtown last weekend and did FIVE Zapdos raids, finally catching one. At each of those raids, we ran into groups so large that we split into teams to fight the raid boss (Mystic, Instinct, Valor obviously). These were not coordinated. Just when we were downtown, there were so many dozens of peogle actively playing Pokémon Go that we ran into each other.

This system benefits people who go out of their way, out of their normal daily routine, to actually challenge themselves to play. Obviously if you live in the middle of nowhere, and you're not going anywhere outside of your typical paths, then the game isn't going to reward you for that. I have to drive myself to places to get to these raids. And a lot of times I'm not successful at getting a big enough group together or catching the raid boss. But that's the challenge of the game.

If you aren't going anywhere new, if you aren't reaching out to people and getting frustrated, then what I think you really want is just The Sims featuring Pokémon.

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:35 am

Cataclasm wrote:It's a bit annoying when by "active area" you mean the big american cities and a couple big cities in europe, as it appears that niantic has chosen to ignore all of the baltics :" ) It's honestly starting to seem like they just do it to profit and not to actually provide an enjoyable game for the majority of the world. The raids are bad yeah, but select events? and now some invite thing for mewtwo? They are clearly only targetting select big cities with all of this. None of the rest of us have a chance, and it's so heartbreaking that I've stuck around for so long and really enjoyed the game for a good many months, only to see my whole area crash and burn in the game cause they refuse to even give us a chance. I would never have the money to go across 2 countries to even get a chance for a single legendary. It's ridiculous. I don't want to quit because catching pokemon in "real life" is something I've wanted since I was a child so I'm forced to hope they would somehow.. fix things.. but by now it seems that any hope of that is gone, as I don't live in america or any of europes major countries and cities..

I live in a small city in a small European country. My city has a huge PoGo community, and most of the other cities in the country do too, so I wouldn't say active communities are limited to USA and big European cities. Though it definitely is all about location, like you said, where you live not enough people play, but you live in an urban environment. Some parts of the world are clearly much less active than others.

I feel like the way raids are being handled are that they were designed to make the legendaries feel exclusive. It's effective at that, but in the wrong way. I know people who just picked up the game recently because of the legendaries hype and they have a few by piggy backing off of raids, and then there's long time players like yourself that by all means have the skill for a legendary, but aren't able to because of a lack of other players.

The exclusive raids only feel like they were designed with money in mind. It's not like Mewtwo is so much better than Lugia that it deserves to be even more exclusive. It's bad timing, too. Every forum and online community I visit is full of users talking about having "legendary fatigue". That they've had a great time catching them, but are now worn out.

@Uchuujin

Everything you say is technically right, but in some cases, going out of your way to go to a legendary raid with enough players means having to travel outside of your country. Something that's not easily affordable. The problem isn't so much that people want to just go out and catch a legendary like you'd catch a Pidgey, the problem is that the raid system doesn't work in countries/cities/large rural areas where there are not enough players to be able to take down a legendary. Which means that a vast amount of players are left unable to catch a legendary because the system is designed only to work in areas with a lot of active players.
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:09 am

I live within a 15-30 minute distance of Raleigh (Traffic, ugh).

The capital of my state is no more active in the game than my own school area. The Kicker? Raleigh is /full/ of Stops and gyms. Technically, anyone who plays the game and lives in the city should be having a blast and still going strong. Yet my friend and I, who go out there somewhat routinely, can't find even one other player. I know the game favours Cities anyway, but not every city is a hot-spot. And I'm sorry but I can't afford to go traveling out of state for a game. Sorry a game, maybe, but an app?! And App, on my phone, serving no other purpose than to distract me from my life? Nope. Not going out of state for that.

As far as legendary raids go? They should scale to the amount of users present and the average level of those users. Plenty of other games do this; EverQuest 2, and MMORPG I played for a while, did this with their dungeons. Say you can only gather 3 players, and their average level comes out to about 26. The legendary you're after scales down to a more reasonable CP for take-down. Still difficult, but nowhere near the like...what...30k CP the stupid thing would be otherwise.
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage1,059,569 Image1,189Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby z i m » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:57 am

i actually really like that idea! having them scaled for people like us both who can't find anyone else to play. legendary candies are close to impossible to get, so it's not like we're getting an advantage.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
lthey/themcurrently watching: the bear

hello! im l and i use any pronouns.
-
i mostly just trade on here, but
feel free to check out some of these
art shoptradeetsy
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

z i m

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SelkiesSong » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:37 am

The other big thing about this is the safety issue it brings to the table. You have a lot of teen players out there who really want a chance at a legendary so they're meeting up with random strangers they met on discord or facebook or wherever under the assumption that they're forming raid parties. It's one thing to have a chance encounter with other players and teaming up spur of the moment when you both show up at the same gym or raid (something that happened a lot more frequently when the game was new), but planning meet ups with complete strangers is always a risky thing and I feel like Niantic is encouraging it with the way this is set up.

On a more positive note, I'm just getting back into it and I must say I love the gym rework. It has re-motivated me to work on my "gym conquest" collection where I take a screenshot of every unique gym I have assigned a pokemon to defend. With the motivation system in place, I can at least solo gyms again.
~*~Keep Marching On~*~
Art Tumblr
SelkiesSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Driving 1 hour to a bigger city is actually what people around me do. Or well, 30-40 minutes more than 1 hour, but still, that's a distance that is okay for me. But I have my own car. Younger players or adults without a car are pretty much helpless there if they don't know somebody else who plays..

I'm not a fan of those events (Chicago/Pikachu Outbreak/Safari zone) at all though... they should just release the Pokemon worldwide.
I'm okay with spawns not all over the place within 10 m, but the event with increased spawns of even Larvitar was good enough.

Let's see when the rest of the world gets Mewtwo and shiny Pikachu... ugh!
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weird honey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi! I'm pretty new to CS and I'm looking for folks with common interests.. and, yo, I love me some PoGo :D I'm actually getting really excited to go out and play after reading the recent posts! Here's my little application or whatever:

username; . laika .
favorite pokemon; In PoGo, my favorite is my Vape, Yoko. It took so long to find an Eevee with good enough IVs to evolve. Also, I just realized I caught her a year ago today :O I also love dragonair in general ~ in the RPGs I always give my dragonair an everstone :x)
how many pokemon do you have?; I have 117 right now.. I mostly keep favorites and one that I've caught in special places.
what team are you on?; Mystic!
⋰ lulu ⋆ infp ⋆ pisces ⋱
someday i'll put effort into making a sig
weird honey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:44 pm

Uchuujin wrote:I really do feel bad for the people who live in areas where the game is dead, but the point of legendaries and raids in general is that they are SUPPOSED to be hard to defeat. I see everyone complaining about the fact that you can't do legendary raids alone and that is silly to me. Raids, especially legendary raids, are meant to be incredibly difficult things that you must orchestrate large groups to defeat. And even if you defeat them, sometimes in a group of 20 people, only 1 will actually catch the raid boss.

It is supposed to be a challenging, cooperative system.

We all get that its supposed to be challenging, the problem is the cooperation.
By making them something that's only obtainable as a team effort, you make them entirely unavailable to those who have no "team" to speak of. My countries capital city used to have a "community" (read: a 20 people facebook group) when the game started up, now maybe 5 people of those play? And that's the big city, not any of the smaller ones.

It's not fair because, like someone said before, now there's people out there who have fairly easy gotten 5+ of each legend because of how many players still are active in big cities, while the rest of us don't even get a chance to try for one.

The city I live in has 70k people living in it, hardly in the middle of nowhere. The capital city I visited has 700k people living in it, and not a single raid we saw had enough people to take down a legend, if any at all.

Uchuujin wrote:If you aren't going anywhere new, if you aren't reaching out to people and getting frustrated, then what I think you really want is just The Sims featuring Pokémon.

I don't have the money to travel to america or germany or something, it's ridiculous for an app to expect that of its players. I bike all around my city all the time. I visited the biggest city in my country and nothing. They didn't even give us a single one of the europe events, in fact I'd have to go to poland or germany to find the nearest one, which is far, far outside of my budget.

I'd much prefer if they had released the legendaries in the wild, even if they made them 100 times rarer than ditto. At least then everyone would have more of an equal chance at getting them. Or release them as level-up rewards for effort or something. It's hardly lack of effort that i have no chance of getting one. /:
Hell. they could even adjust the power of the raid boss based on how many players of what levels play each time. Make it challenging of course, but not plain impossible.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kirkwood gaps » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 am

username; kirkwood gaps
favorite pokemon; nidoran, persian and chespin!!
how many pokemon do you have?; 60!
what team are you on?; valor >:3

Okay but am I the only one who constantly changes their style??? I keep getting bored of my outfit so I change it, but then I get bored of that one etc etc
kirkwood gaps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me