The Beaumont Collie Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Beaumont Collie Club

Postby Birdy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:50 am

What's your favourite collie that you do not own?

Honestly, there are so many stunning ones (waverly, is kinda amazing with designing) but I'd have to say it's a close tie between #68 and #40. Seriously beautiful collies!

Tell us about one of your collie's weird quirks! If you don't own one, have you any quirks planned for future collies?

I don't own any collies quite yet (rip) but I've always thought it would be cute to have a canine character with the quirk of *frequent* spinning. My real-life dog, Teddy (cream Coton de Tulear if anyone's interested) has this quirk; she's a bit of a high-anxiety dog, so we think it's either tied to that or potentially OCD, but it's always been an adorable quirk of hers. Even though it can make taking her for walks a bit of a challenge (and watching her can make you dizzy lol), it's kind of a running joke in the family and we've affectionately dubbed her the "Teddy Tornado". cx
ImageImage
sig art by Panya/.wafflecat.
🌟 Design my OCs and win a TD Black Advent! 🌟
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Divantae » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:02 pm

It's gotta be #39! I love red and tan together, they go so well with each other. I quite like the curly fur lines too.

Tell us about one of your collie's weird quirks! If you don't own one, have you any quirks planned for future collies?
Athena doesn't like to admit she has any weird quirks or anything of the sort, but she secretly believes herself to be a bird in her past life and often dreams of flying far into the sky. She watches birds not because she likes them, no, she genuinely thinks that one day she'll find her previous bird family.
As for Fintan, his quirk is pretty obvious even if he doesn't outright say it: he has a strange attraction to fire and the smell of smoke. Often he'll fall asleep near campfires, despite most dogs' obvious fear of the flames spreading. He's unsure why he is so relaxed around them, but as someone who doesn't get much sleep, fire is a blessing to insomnia.
Divantae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:09 pm

A few more questions, since folk seemed to get a kick/mileage out of the others! <3

Code: Select all
[b]Conformation competitors![/b] How does/do your dogs/dog act in the ring? Are they refined, regal; or are they a bit of a handful? Do they enjoy showing, or would they rather be getting their paws dirty? Whether your dog's a diva or ready to start a riot for just [i]being[/i] there, I wanna hear!

[b]Agility competitors![/b] How does/do your dogs/dog act on the course? Were they born with four left feet and stumble over every obstacle, or are they the epitome of grace? Or maybe they're somewhere in between? Tell us your tales from agility!

[b]Herding competitors![/b] How does/do your dogs/dog act while working animals? Are they the most drivey thing you've ever met and live to work, or maybe they're lazy as all get out? Does your dog prefer working with a certain animal? Any funny tales from the field you'd like to share?

[b]Non owners![/b] What discipline are you most excited about participating in, and why? Do you think you'll trial your dogs in all three, or have dogs dedicated to one or even two types?
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
utterly obsessed with kento nanami, my husband.

🦈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:16 pm

I hope you don't mind me answering a previous question !!

Herding competitors! How does/do your dogs/dog act while working animals?
Weiss would much rather be all dolled up and trot circles around the ring with humans and dogs gawking at him than chase after stubborn irritating creatures. Weiss, ever since he was a puppy, just despises the poor ducks and wants nothing to do with them.
He's indifferent towards the cattle and sheep, but has a soft spot for the goat kids and will happily herd them if he gets to play after.

Yukon will herd anything that moves! the grass, leaves, birds- everything! He lives for working and would run himself to death if he could. If he had to choose one to do every day, for the rest of his life it would definitely be cattle. He loves their smell and stubborn challenging nature.

---
Mor'du <3
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:26 pm

marking this page for future reference as i don't currently have any yet. seriously haven't wanted to get into a species this bad in a long time
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griffin Torrens » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:03 am

Hope y'all don't mind but I really wanted to officially introduce my guys and share the art of my collies :>

Hero the herding boi

Pheonix the agility doggo

Uno the pretty one

Not necessarily what they're best at placement wise, but it's what I imagine them enjoying the most <3
Griffin Torrens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairusa » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:08 am

Marking so I can get into this later!! <3 I love DARPGs, and I'm so excited to try out for my first when the time comes :0
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
fairusa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yodel » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:05 pm

@griffin

those are so cute!
Yodel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:09 pm

Heya! I’ve decided to finally join this community. Been looking out for an active canine adopts community for quite some time but they never really became active. Finally changed upon Beaumont Collies. It looks beautiful!
    Gonna try and see if I’m able to get my first Beaumont Collie.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby envious. » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:54 pm

hello all! i recently got my first collie, Kyanite, and she's going to be spoiled with art here soon! i've actually ordered two art pieces from MykalaBlue on deviantart! She's getting a shaded headshot and a lovely flat bust! <3

i plan to spoil her and any other collies i might get in the future, because they're all so beautiful!
envious.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me