The Advanced, Literate Roleplayer's Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Advanced, Literate Roleplayer's Club

Postby Captain Kaycee » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:59 pm

I finally finished the topic for my RP (:
click here!

I worked almost the entire day off and on for this... OTL
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

╔══════════════════════╗

❝ A soldier on my own, I don't know the way
I'm riding up the heights of shame
I'm waiting for the call, the hand on the chest
I'm ready for the fight and fate ❞
~Woodkid
─────────────
My Characters
Human Artists on CS
Get help from staff
RP Rules
╚══════════════════════╝

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

GIVING AWAY MOST OF MY PETS IN A GIANT ART CONTEST! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
Captain Kaycee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Make_a__Scene » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:31 pm

There's an old group role play that I want to revamp, but it involves a whole lot of world building. The only time it's been mildly successful was the first time I made it, and I was role playing with a group of people I'd known for a long time. From what I've experienced, it's incredibly hard to world build with strangers, especially when they're less than willing to put some work into it. Any advice to remedy this?
    I do not have writer's block
    My writer just hates the clock
Make_a__Scene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandle » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:29 am

Late Pan is late, as usual.
      Congratulations to everyone who was accepted; I didn't partake in the voting this round due to unfortunate circumstances and am unlikely to vote in the next round but a hearty welcome to you all and (for now at least) i'm around to help with any of those who didn't make it if you want to appeal/tips etc.

Make_a__Scene wrote:There's an old group role play that I want to revamp, but it involves a whole lot of world building. The only time it's been mildly successful was the first time I made it, and I was role playing with a group of people I'd known for a long time. From what I've experienced, it's incredibly hard to world build with strangers, especially when they're less than willing to put some work into it. Any advice to remedy this?

I've only ever successfully built a fictional world for roleplaying once; I began with just a name (Valgaderion) and a basic concept of its landscape. It only really developed as I roleplayed it (it was a one on one and it's taken me over 6 years to develop through roleplaying so I wouldn't recommend that if you were aiming for something on the short term lol).
      I know a couple of people who've come up with characters and worlds with their real life friends, I guess it's easier to put your ideas forward, warp them and play around with them on a face-to-face basis and transfer the essentials onto writing with a group that way. Alternatively you could try creating a short fact book, two of my very close friends have fictional worlds/characters that are more complex than anything else i've tried to get my head around -even Middle Earth- so I've taken to jotting down the basics and essentials of their worlds in a notebook for when I write with them. If it was a group roleplay though it would probably be easier for that material to already be on hand and easily accessible rather than each member having to make their own compilation.
Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Kaycee » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:22 pm

More shameless advertising, but whoever wants to join that RP I thought of I made a discussion thread ---> viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2259916

xD

-slithers back into hole-

╔══════════════════════╗

❝ A soldier on my own, I don't know the way
I'm riding up the heights of shame
I'm waiting for the call, the hand on the chest
I'm ready for the fight and fate ❞
~Woodkid
─────────────
My Characters
Human Artists on CS
Get help from staff
RP Rules
╚══════════════════════╝

GIVING AWAY MOST OF MY PETS IN A GIANT ART CONTEST! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
Captain Kaycee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:49 pm

I need a really literate LOTR RP.
Not a 1x1 (I stink at keeping up x3) but invite-onlys or open-groups - either are fine with me.
Does anybody happen to have one? ;D

Aside from LOTR roleplays, I also have a huge craving for an elf roleplay.
Or a seventeenth-century styled roleplay, with sailing ships and all that.
Or SOMETHING.

I'll never be able to satisfy my muse. x_x

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby belle noire » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:03 am

I want to join!
Username: chateau
Roleplaying samples:
Oh god oh god oh god. What am I going to do?

Korrine was currently working on pulling her hair out by the roots, fists clenched far too tightly in the blonde locks. She knew she wouldn't have any aptitude for Abnegation, that much was pretty freakin' obvious. But there was no way in hell the girl had expected to test for Candor, Erudite, and Dauntless. Three factions. Three.Letting herself fall back on her plain bed in her plain room in her plain house, the not-so-average-as-you-thought girl's mind drifted back to testing day.

She had walked through the door biting her lip, glancing around for any friendly faces, of which there were none. The other kids tended to stay away from her in Abnegation, they considered her to be a bad influence and as such she'd never been able to make any friends. Blue eyes locked on an open table, and the petite blonde in her simple gray robe moved toward it with tentative steps, careful as always not to draw attention to herself. Someone always notices you though, don't they? This time, it happened to be two Dauntless girls with hard, cold eyes. As soon as they realized that the 'Stiff' was going to sit at a table near their faction, they'd jumped up to steal it away from her with mocking grins. From beneath the hood of her grey robe the girls blue eyes lit up with fury at the other's behavior. Still, she turned away without a word.

"Korrine Ackerman" Oh. That was her name, wasn't it. The girl lifted her head from her arms, forcing herself to rise to her feet. For the last few hours she'd been sitting in the same spot in a corner of the room. Those that had asked her questions had been given the standard Abnegation reply. "So that others may sit, of course." The words had tasted bitter in her mouth every time she'd had to utter them. In truth, all Korrine wanted to do was shove someone out of their seat so that she herself could be comfortable. That kind of thinking was exactly why she wasn't going to end up staying in Abnegation with her family. She would miss her mom and dad, but most of all Korrine would miss her younger sister, Kenley. They were best friends, and despite the fact that she had never really fit in with the other Abnegation, Kenley had never judged her, the young girl had simply accepted the fact that her sister was different, and that there was nothing that could change the outcome.

"Korrine Ackerman!" [censored]! She'd been so caught up in her thoughts that Korrine had stopped walking in the middle of the room, causing the eyes of its occupants to stare up at her. Some gazes, she noted, were filled with pity, while others where silently mocking and laughing the little Stiff that had dishonored her faction by drawing attention to herself. Squaring her shoulders, Korrine continued forward, following a rather rude and impatient black-haired woman in blue down yet another hall and through a door. Inside the room stood a large table with wires and such attached to it. Korrine couldn't help but falter in her steps. The Erudite woman turned back to her, giving her a small smile. "Alright, dear. If you'll lay down here we'll go ahead and get started." With no other choice the blonde obeyed, heart pounding as she laid down on the chair-like structure. Korrine stared at the vial of liquid the woman handed to her for a moment before drinking it down. She closed her eyes, and when they opened next she was on a bus. Korrine blinked, wondering idly what she was supposed to do here when she heard the sound of the bus doors opening. A man that looked to be in his 40's limped onto the bus, obviously looking for a seat though there were none available. Despite years of selflessness being driven into her by the Abnegation, Korrine stayed seated, her hands clenched together tightly in her lap.

Where one scene faded, the next appeared. This time, Korrine was in a crowded hallway. She stood there, watching with amusement while one of the Dauntless girls from earlier stalked up to her and began poking her in the chest. Her fists clenched, and though she didn't know how to fight Korrine wanted to do nothing more than slam her curled hand into the larger girls nose. Still, she figured that she didn't have a chance in winning against a Dauntless-born girl. So, instead of throwing a punch Korrine merely stood there, her face void of all emotion, letting the words flow right off her back. The scene faded.

Next, she stood before two baskets. One held a knife, while the other a hunk of cheese. Out of nowhere, a voice commanded her to choose. Looking around, Korrine frowned before asking,
"Why?" The disembodied voice simply shouted for her to choose louder this time. Already tired of the stupid test, the blonde simply crossed her arms over her chest. "No. And you can't make me, either."

Korrine gasped as her eyes flew open. Blinking, she felt her the blood drain out of her face at the look of awe and fear the Erudite woman had. "What? What is it?" The Erudite shook her head, causing Korrine's eyes to narrow dangerously. "Tell me!" The woman yelped, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose before speaking. "Well, you tested out of both Amity and Abnegation. You're not selfless nor are you very peaceful. However, Candor, Erudite, and Dauntless were unable to be ruled out." Korrine merely stared, dumbfounded. "So... What does that mean?" The woman swallowed. "It means you're Divergent, dear."

Korrine had been in the testing room for nearly another hour while the Erudite woman explained to her exactly what being Divergent meant. When she had finally exited, the blonde was unable to speak. The Erudite, whose name she had learned was Amelia, had promised her that she would change Korrine's results to show that she tested into Dauntless. When Korrine had asked why, Amelia had simply shrugged and explained that she had been born Dauntless, but her quest for knowledge had caused her to transfer to Erudite. Despite the vague feeling of uneasiness in her stomach, Korrine had decided to trust her. For now.

And that's how she ended up here, on her bed, ripping her hair out by the roots. Groaning, the blonde flopped over onto her stomach. She grumbled at the knock on her door, not wanting to be bothered though her pensive mood soon changed as she caught sight of her younger sister, Kenley standing in the doorway. "Hey, big sis, it's time to go.." The younger girl had tears in her large blue eyes, and despite her usual aversion to hugging Korrine pulled her sister into her arms. "It'll be okay, kiddo, I promise. I can't stay here, but you can come with Mom and Dad on Visiting Day to see me, alright?" Kenley nodded against her sisters shoulder, causing the taller girl to smile. Taking a deep breath, Korrine pried herself from her sisters grip and walked away.

At The Hub, Korrine couldn't help but smile. Technically, today was the start of the rest of her life. She'd given a lot of thought as to which faction she would choose, but she hadn't quite decided as of yet. All she really knew was that she couldn't choose Abnegation or Amity, there was no way she was going to spend the rest of her life in a faction she had no attributes for. It wasn't too long before Korrine's name was being called, she was an A-name after-all. The blonde was a bit unsteady as she stood, taking small steps up to the raised platform.

Korrine stood for a few moments, barely noticing the knife that was pressed into her hand. She simply stared down at the five bowls before her, gaze traveling between coal, glass, and water. Taking a deep breath, she brought the knife to the palm of her right hand, slicing the skin there swiftly and efficiently. Korrine paused for a moment, looking out into the sea of parents to lock eyes with hers one last time before she betrayed them completely. With her eyes closed firmly, the blonde moved her hand over the Dauntless bowl, allowing the binding drops of blood to fall into the still-burning coals.

Korrine didn't register walking down from the alter to surprised gasps and murmurs, it wasn't often that an Abnegation transferred out, and into Dauntless, no less. The blonde didn't notice much of anything until she was roughly poked in the side by a Dauntless girl. "C'mon, Stiff, time to catch the train." Some of the surrounding Dauntless laughed, and Korrine glowered irritably as they pushed past her, forcing her to run in order to keep up. Though she'd seen the Dauntless jump from the train plenty of times, Korrine had never thought she'd be jumping onto it with them one day. The girl watched those that went before her carefully, and with an ease that surprised her the now former Abnegation leaped, landing safely inside. "Ch. Not bad. For a Stiff, that is." The voice was taunting, but Korrine refused to let it get to her, instead choosing to watch the passing scenery. It hadn't been too long before they were in Dauntless territory. The train was swiftly approaching a roof, and Korrine could just barely make out figures on it, their whooping voices nearly drowned out by the wind.

With practiced skills, the Dauntless jumped from the train, landing firmly on their feet on the roof below. Korrine leaped with the rest of them, unwilling to be the last one off the train at the risk of being called a Stiff again. Unused to such landing, the girl tripped, her boding careening forward until she was stopped by a booted foot. "Watch it. Stiff." Fists clenching, Korrine pushed herself up from the ground, dusting off her now tattered grey clothing. When she got a chance to look at her surroundings, she was immediately worried. Before the entire group was a large, gaping hole, and one lone man stood facing everyone. "Alright then. You are all new initiates, that means you will be tested. You've already passed two, though not all of you managed to get on and off the train intact. Still, casualties are to be expected. Now, since the Dauntless-born initiates have had to do this plenty of times, the Transfers get to go first." Korrine took a breath, stepping forward with the other Faction Transfers though she chose to stay towards the back of the group. The man began speaking once more. "All you have to do is jump, so, whose goin'?"

No one moved a muscle. Did he seriously expect them to jump without knowing what in the hell was down there first? The transfers looked among themselves, as if silently daring someone to ask, or jump. After nearly five minutes of absolute nothing, the Dauntless-born initiates began to grumble about stupid transfers this and wussies that. Korrine glowered, something that was rapidly becoming a habit for her, it seemed. She took one step forward, and then another, shoving her way through the gathered group. "I'll go first." There were some gasps, and some snickers, but Korrine payed them no heed. The man, who must have been a trainer or leader of some sort, waved her forward. Stepping to the thresh-hold, Korrine leaned forwards for a moment, the wind whipping her blonde curls around her face. The girl turned so her back was to the darkness, figuring that if she were being sent to her death, she wouldn't have to see it coming this way. It didn't take long for gravity to do what it did best. Clearing her mind, Korrine Elizabeth Ackerman left the world behind her as she fell into oblivion.

Christopher Jacob Hawking, otherwise known as 'Hawk' had been woken up yet again by his neighbor. Although he'd attempted to shut the screaming out, to simply roll over and go back to sleep, the male hadn't been able to do it. The reoccurring nightmares that awoke his neighbor had gotten worse lately, and Jinx hadn't looked all that well the last time Hawk had seen her. Groaning, the Dauntless Trainer rolled over, glowering at the dark wall of his room before he shoved himself into a sitting position.

Chris rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he looked around his room. Pushing himself from the bed, the dark sandy-haired male walked to his private bathroom, splashing cold water on his face to wake himself up completely. After he was changed into ripped up jeans and a tight-fitting black t-shirt, the Dauntless male exited his room.

He went first to the room across the hall, the one that belonged to Jinx, his fellow Initiate Instructor. After knocking on the door three times, Hawk rolled his eyes and finally stooped to picking the damned lock, something he didn't pride himself on, but what others didn't know wouldn't hurt him. Inside, he looked around, sighing when all that greeted him was silence.

Where'd she go off to? He thought, lips pursing as he scratched his head in confusion. Surely he hadn't taken that long to get over here. Sure, Hawk hadn't jumped up and rushed to the girl's side as he'd done the first time her screaming. He'd stayed by her side that first night, comforting the girl when they were still both young initiates. But night after night, year after year, the nightmares had stopped being so frequent, and for a long time Hawk had forgotten about them, focusing instead on training.

In the last few weeks, though, they'd seemed to come back stronger than ever. Just like that first night, Hawk had rushed to his friend's side, comforting the girl until she slept soundly once more. But there was only so much a guy could do, and the sleepless night were taking their toll on the Dauntless male.

Exiting Jinx's room, he went to the only other place he could think of. Sure enough, Jinx was in the training room, beating the hell out of a punching bag, if the blood coating her knuckles and the bag was any indication. Hawk watched for a few moments, staying still and silent, a skill of his that had taken many years to perfect. He didn't know how much time had passed while he watched the girl go at it, his arms across his chest as he watched the show she put on.

Eventually, though, Jinx seemed to become aware of her surroundings, as well as the fact that there was someone behind her. Though the girl didn't turn to face him, Hawk spoke. "You know, Jinx-girl, you're going to scar your pretty skin if you don't wear gloves." Though joking in such a situation could be considered cruel by many others, Hawk knew that Jinx wouldn't take too much offense with him. After all, they were friends, right? Still, the male moved over to Jinx's side, wrapping an arm around her shoulders in a gesture meant for comfort. He didn't say anything more, simply waiting for the girl to talk to him instead of forcing the information from her, a mistake he'd made only once and never wished to repeat again.

It had been three days since the killing of Lily Jarett, and still the Harbor was subdued, lacking the hustle and bustle it'd had before. The people of the Harbor were in denial, questioning one another as they passed. "How could someone kill Lily? She was known around here, a local. One of the nicest gals in town." Where there had once been a smiling girl running the front of Ol' Sally's Bakery, there was now a 'closed' sign. In the hearts of the people, there was now an empty pocket that she had once filled. There were so many of the same things said by an abundance of different people, and yet the question they asked was the same; "Who killed Lily Jarett?" The local girl's death had caused pain and confusion to many, but none felt the despair that the family did at the loss.

The wolf meandered along the boardwalk, hood drawn over its head as it listened to the mutterings of the Harbor. Although the entirety of the town was in mourning, no one could stop what they were doing. They couldn't afford delays, no matter the lives that were lost along the way. Many people in Kial counted on the shipments that came in and out of the Harbor. If the shipments stopped, many people would wind up on the streets, jobless and hungry. With winter rolling into the harbor, they would need as much food as they could get before the water froze.

The palpable pain of those around him caused the wolf's hands to clench inside his pockets while his wolf growled in vexation. Despite being nearly to the edge of the Harbor, and thus out of town, Cain couldn't help but push himself to walk just a little bit faster. And still, it felt as if he couldn't get there fast enough. All around him there were more and more people, crowding and pushing to get to where they needed to be. He was suffocating. The tips of Cain's fingers burned as he muscled his way through the people, stopping only once to take a deep breath in a darkened alley.

When he was certain that he had himself under control, he slipped back out and into the people once more. As soon as he got the chance, Cain burst into a full-out sprint, his feet thumping against the ground and propelling him forward with little effort. Sensing the chase, the wolf inside began to push at its tethers. Claws began to emerge from his nails, his canines forcing their way through his gums. Growling under his breath, he pushed himself the last few feet and into the safety of the darkened forest where his clothing was shredded with the force of the phase.

Thick black fur replaced the tan human skin of the alpha who now streaked through the forest. The wolf took over easily, knowing where it had to go and with whom it needed to speak to. The beast paused only for a moment, throwing its large head back to howl at the joys of being free to run before it took off through the dense woodlands once more. Blood pumped hard as the wolf kicked up its speed, soft pads landing rhythmically against the ground while its breath frosted in the air.

Da-thump. Da-hump. Da-thump.

His heart thumped eagerly in time with his steps and still he pushed himself to go faster. His nose twitched at the frigid air, but he inhaled the crisp scent, clinging to it eagerly. It was still a few more feet until the wolf began to slow, its gate changing from a dead run and into a fast walk. The wolf's ears were pricked, listening intently for any unusual sounds, but the forest was silent. Thanks to the threat of the incoming freeze was enough to send the forest animals scurrying into their respective homes. The wolf was used to spending most of its time in this form during winter, able to hunt small game - and the occasional dear - that braved the cold to scavenge for food.

The wolf stopped at the tree-line, glancing first left then right before it slowly emerged from the forest's cover. Already, there were several others in the clearing, and more still were emerging from the cover of the forest. The wolves ranged from brilliant white to muddy red, to grey, but there was only one that sported a solid black coat. Typically, the wolves would converse as humans, but with the temperature change they had to make due in this form. Looking around himself, the wolf's eyes grew hard and cold at the tears that brimmed in the gazes of those around him. Opening his mind, he was instantly bombarded with their inner thoughts.

We should kill them for what they did!

Murderers!

She was one of us!

The alpha closed his eyes, breathing deeply before he forced himself to open them once more on a growl. The loud rumbling did as it was intended, effectively ending the mutterings of the pack. The wolf's golden eyes surveyed those around him one at a time, before stopping completely on a shaggy tan wolf. The youngest of them was hardly more than a boy at the age of fourteen, but the killing of Lily Jarett had brought around Samuel Jarett's change, and now it was up to Cain to teach him the way of the pack.

The alpha squared his shoulders, We do not kill humans. It has and will always be against our laws to murder an innocent. Yes, Lily was one of us, He refused to allow his throat to close as he spoke, refused to show weakness before his pack. however, that doesn't mean we can simply go out killing humans, too many questions would arise. Already the poachers believe what they saw was a 'ginormous wolf', it was dumb luck that they were too drunk to tell their heads from their arse's The others grumbled in disagreement, though it was completely understandable. If Cain wasn't the alpha, he'd have the poacher's heads for what they did to Lily. But he was alpha, and as such he couldn't afford to lead his pack astray.

The wolf's eyes raked over his pack again, locking with each member until they looked away in deference to his ranking. He gave only a grunt to acknowledge the pack before the alpha tilted his head back. The howl started quietly, a soft note dancing with the wind. Then, it picked up, the tenor rising in clarity above the others as they joined in. The wolves sang a song of mourning, loss, and love. Their song crescendoed, then stopped completely, silence blanketing the cold forest once more. As one, the pack turned and disappeared, leaving only the black alpha in the clearing. There, the wolf sat, letting the cold night air leech into his body as he mourned the loss of their pack-mate in solitude.

Any literate group roleplays you currently have: none currently
┌───────────────────┐

Imagex
▬▬▬ [ FINE RAIN FALLING FROM A CLEAR SKY ] ▬▬▬

possible text? this is a huge wip sorry.

└───────────────────┘
┌───────────────────┐

wow another text box what am i gonna do with so much space?

└───────────────────┘
belle noire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tremayne » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Sorry I have taken so long to reply, I have been on vacation.
    I just want to thank you for accepting me into this club. I am looking forward to roleplaying with you guys. c:
Tremayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandle » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:34 am

*Stares intensely at the taco thief*

To join, or to actually study for my exams? Hmmm. Decisions decisions. Alas I think with exams so close and things being pesky on my end I'll have to watch from afar, but it looks dapper and I hope it takes off.

@Greenleaf -I swear I posted a reply to you about how much yes there is in my heart about a LotR rolelplay but it would seem I forgot to physically do so and now I don't have the time to take you up on the offer :c Hopefully you'll find someone/a group to do so with!
Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoella » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:46 pm

I've been reading another Victorian era novel, and I have ridiculous cravings to make a roleplay by taking characters from popular books from the time period and putting them all together...maybe just the heroes or heroines...idk I'm not sure how I would make it work or come up with plot. I tried to join a similar rp a long time ago and it fell through, so I'm not sure how successful my idea would be...Anyways just wanted to share some of my random roleplay musings :3

If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me

I can't
go back to
yesterday
because
I was a
different
person then
If you don't
know where
you are
going
any road
can take
you there
Zoella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~*Reeses*~ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:15 am

I'v been thinking of doing something along those lines, Zoella, but I think the hard part would be finding people who have read those books. Maybe if they're popular/classics or those kinds of books that you don't really need to read to understand? I dunno, it sounds like it could be interesting:3

I have also been reading a bunch of books and they make me want to make one x ones that revolve around the plots/idea of the book but the problem is, once again, finding someone who has read the books or understands the plot enough to roleplay how you want it to go |D
~*Reeses*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me