Rise | Warriors Adopts | Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Rise | Warriors Adopts | Fanclub

Postby Hawky<3 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:32 am

pff i actually considered what my clan would find beautiful the other day!
since they live in a swamp, they often see snowy egrets and think they are a sign of good luck, so white cats (shorthair or longhair) would be seen as good luck! longhairs would probably be seen as a bit of an oddity because the clan is mostly shorthairs. i think they may also view blue eyes as beautiful, as they are rarer due to their darker pelts and they are similar to the water they live!

another little prompt for you guys pff
what is the biggest threat in your clan's territory? this can be living or nonliving!
for my clan, it would have to be flooding or parasites like leeches or ticks. its a swampy area!

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:46 am

ooo this discussion seems neat!

I don't think duskclan considers things beautiful as a collective group? idk, they don't just seem like they would. if anything, id imagine stormstar to discourage "cats with x pelt colour are pretty" bc he would find that to overall, not be good to any cats self esteem - regardless of whether they have that pelt colour or not. however ofc most cats would have what they consider to be beautiful, just not as a collective group. the -face suffix probably wouldn't be widely used - if at all - as a result. unless the meaning of the -face suffix had changed [like maybe -face for honesty? hmmm]

the biggest threat to duskclan's territory would be land development by twolegs. theyre on a moorland near a twolegplace, so its not exactly impossible for there to be land development - whether that be roads, houses or even a farm

ive gotten,,, quite a few kitties since I last posted so i'll just link my TH

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Wed May 09, 2018 9:50 am

@Gleon - What qualities do the cats in your clan consider to be "beautiful"?

My clan considers pointed cats most beautiful. If any particular pointed cat does not fit a skill or personality suffix, the clan favors the suffix '-face' or '-feather' possibly over '-fur' or '-pelt'.

On a related note, another question for everyone.

What type of naming do you use? [traditional, semi-traditional, canonical, lyrical]
    My naming system is mostly traditional with the addition of '-flight' as a speed/agility combo suffix, '-stone' as a mentor-type suffix, and '-feather' as an alternative '-face' type suffix [for use when the prefix causes the suffix '-face' to become a really offensive term or some sort of AWFUL slang for something ; Face is SO hard to work with.].. It might morph further as time goes on.

what is the biggest threat in your clan's territory? this can be living or nonliving!
    For kits and apprentice, leaving the nursery is a challenge. For two reasons in particular. The cliff side is very steep ; to fall down it can lead to anything from just some broken ribs to outright dying on impact. Especially if you fall out of the entrance to camp itself. And the river's currents can get a bit strong come green-leaf. A surprisingly large amount of young apprentices die of drowning in the river. It's why my clan makes it a point to teach apprentices early how to swim.

For adult cats, probably bears and owls. They're the deadliest predators in the territory to them. My cats have their own version of the saying on that shirt that says 'people are the soft tacos of the bear world'. Cascadeclan words it 'cats are the minnows of bear world'. As for owls, the thought of those talons grabbing into your back and lifting you off the ground is enough to make any cat shudder.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed May 09, 2018 10:31 am

Hmm, there are a wide variety of threats, but probably the most prominent are rogue cats, either attacking hunting parties for the prey or kidnapping kits, either to ransom them for food or simply forcing the kits to assimilate into their wandering bands.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rise | Warriors Adopts | Fanclub | Clan Standards/ Questions

Postby xXocea » Wed May 09, 2018 10:47 am

What is the biggest threat in your clan's territory? This can be living or nonliving!
    Living: That would have to be snakes. There's alot of snakes that like to slither around and inside Tideclan's camp. It's the leading cause of death. The clan trains it's warriors to take out any snakes that might have wandered to close but they can't kill all of them. It just takes one wrong step to receive a bite from a venomous one. EDIT: Seagulls are another one. They're a big threat to the clan's kits. The seagulls live on the cliffs of the mountain the clan's camp is inside.
    Nonliving: Drowning. In case you haven't noticed Tideclan is surrounded by alot of water. Sometimes an unattended kit or careless apprentice wanders out to far in the waters and gets swallowed up by a wave or pulled under by a current. Even grown warriors can be caught off guard by the waters and get swept under.

What qualities do the cats in your clan consider to be "beautiful"?
    Body: The ideal standard of beauty in the clan is a long sleek body with longer legs. The cats like muscles but not so much that it's noticeable with their sleek coats. They like a silent strength.
    Fur: Shorthair is preferred over long however it is only slightly more common. Shorthair is quite practical. It doesn't retain water as longhair does and dries much quicker. Longhair is viewed as ugly. When wet it clings to the body in an unflattering fashion and when dry it is usually unruly and tangled.
    Eyes: Yellow and green are the most basic eye colours in the clan. Amber is very uncommon but viewed as the most beautiful as it is similar to yellow but much more dazzling due to it's rarity. The opinion on blue eyes within the clan varies. It depends on the individual looking at the eyes and who it is who has those eyes. Cats with darker faces and blue eyes are seen as unsettling. Those with more white on them or a lighter colour fur are considered pretty.
    Coat Colour: Solid colour cats (ie. solid grey, solid black) are quite common in the clan. They aren't perceived as ugly but they're nothing special. Cats with white (ie. nothing more than a tuxedo pattern) on them are considered striking and flashy without being overly obnoxious. Tortoiseshells and Calicos are viewed in a similar way. Colourpoints are viewed as pretty and exotic. Gingers are an oddity in the clan and could potentially be seen as exotic. (Mackerel) Tabbies border on the "ugly" side of things. While classic, bengal, and spotted tabbies are exotic.

What type of naming do you use? [traditional, semi-traditional, canonical, lyrical]
    I name my cats in a pretty nontraditional way when compared to the books. I don't like being limited.
    Plain cats (see above) are usually named traditionally to semi-traditionally to reflect that fact. Unless they have a skill or something that really sets them apart.
Last edited by xXocea on Wed May 09, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
xXocea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyena_TheShyVampire » Wed May 09, 2018 10:53 am

Biggest threat

Living: Mountian lions and hawks. Living in the mountains there are hawks and eagles and birds of prey everywhere.
Non living: River currents and flooding. The camp lies in an old cave dug out by the warrior ansestors of CrescentClan and when it rains the camp becomes flooded, but they stay there because it’s a great hiding place to keep their kits from large birds.

Did I do it right? This is the first time I’ve posted here XD
Hyena_TheShyVampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CertainNorth » Wed May 09, 2018 12:29 pm

@Gleon - yeah, I wasn't thinking white coats per say, but lighter cream/point shades. My clan definitely is into more practical things most of the time, but sometimes pretty things are nice too haha, though it definitely depends on the cat. Dustclan has a lot of strong minded individuals around and they don't always have the same view of things. Currently they do live in a very snowy environment so white wouldn't be that bad as far as useful colors go. And as for deaf cats, my clan leader is actually deaf haha. While it's certainly not the most useful trait sometimes, it's pretty interesting and he does manage.

@cujo - that not about scars is a good one, I completely forgot about that thought line!

As for threats...There is a family of mountain lions in Dustclan territory...sometimes you find a reasonable one...usually you don't...especially when food is involved. And of course, there have been known to be avalanches as well, so knowing how to read the snow and land around you is very very helpful in avoiding these dangers. And well...their neighbors with mewmew's Muleclan and those cats can be pretty "attack first, ask questions later" to anyone they don't like and/or don't know ^^
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alokesti » Wed May 09, 2018 1:51 pm

what is the biggest threat in your clan's territory? This can be living or nonliving!
      rushclan's biggest living threats would have to be bears, wolves and the eagles that live in the surrounding forests. since wolves and bears are so much more powerful than any cat they make them a big threat towards the clan cats.
      nonliving threats would have to be drowning or falling from a tree limb. rushclan is set pretty close to a lake and there are lots of tall pine trees surrounding the camp so it is not unusual for a cat, especially a newly made apprentice, to die from either drowning or an injury from a dangerous fall.

what qualities do the cats in your clan consider to be "beautiful"?
      rushclan cats seem to find cats with blue or yellow eyes to be more beautiful because those eye colors are an uncommon trait among their clan members. as for coat texture, rushclan cats are mostly long-furred since they do live in a thorny, forest-y, terrain so long hair is pretty much what every kit dreams of. the coat color that every cat is raving about seems to be white or silver because it is out of the norm for a rushclan cat to be either of those colors
alokesti | girl | shark and whale lover | future marine biologist
character page | alo's pitties
| rushclan [rise]
alokesti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Biggest threat

The biggest non-living threat in Cometclan is probably the flooding in the spring, and the cliff faces of the mesa year-round. The fall is definitely enough to kill a cat. Given that their camp is set into the cliff face, the cats are pretty good at climbing the rock, but they still have to keep an eye on younger/less experienced cats.
Biggest living threats are the occasional mountain lion, but rattlesnakes are honestly a much bigger danger due to how common they are. Other predators include red foxes and various birds of prey (golden eagles, peregrine falcons, kestrals and the like).

Beauty

Because Cometclan is such a newly formed Clan, I don't imagine they have set ideals about is a group yet. For Smokestar, there is no cat more beautiful than Briarstrike, so I guess pointed cats would be considered beautiful? But I think Smokestar in general would avoid giving suffixes for appearance, since she values skill so much.

I love seeing everyone's different takes on these, it's so cool!! Y'all are so creative.
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Thu May 10, 2018 2:48 am

@Hawky<3: I really like that aspect of tying in pelt colors with your clan's beliefs. My Fractureclan considers the moon especially sacred, so maybe I'll use that as inspiration somehow. Then again, I haven't decided on most of their everyday customs and smaller beliefs yet, so maybe I'll go in a different direction.

@weegeestar5: Stormstar's guidance regarding attitudes towards appearance could indeed have a big effect within the clan, actually. It would be especially interesting to see how Stormstar would train an apprentice while incorporating those values.

@Diamondshine101: Ooo... I really like your twist on traditional naming. You are right about "-face", though. Sometimes a name can accidentally get rather rude, like "Foxheart", or "Frogface". Some clans might ignore that because they understand the intention. For example, they would get that "Foxheart" is a ginger cat with a strong sense of justice, and not a cruel cat, like the insult. Then again, it seems your clan is a bit more sensitive to that and makes an effort to ensure all names are complimentary. I wonder if that sensitivity would carry over into how your cats would treat each other in other ways?

@RebelliousWinter: I like the idea of Tideclan preferring short hair over long. You bring up some good points, actually! Silky, flowing hair is usually considered quite attractive, but a longhaired cat just wouldn't work that way in Tideclan. You've put a lot of thought into that!

@AlexLeDraggu: Your post looks fine to me! This thread is just for chatting about our Rise-related stuff in general. Welcome to the fanclub!

@Tendency: It seems your situation with white/pale coats is a bit different than I first imagined, but it's actually pretty cool that way. My first impression is that it would be hard for a cat to lead if he can't hear what's going on around him, but I'll bet you've come up with plenty of solutions for that too. It sounds interesting, thinking of the sorts of adaptations Dustclan might have for communication as well as their overall attitude towards disabilities, what with having a deaf leader. I imagine they wouldn't be so quick to push a cat to retire early or become a medicine cat just because of injuries.

The Biggest Threat in Fractureclan's Territory

I haven't given much thought to the sorts of non-feline wildlife in Fractureclan yet, but so far, the biggest threats include harsh winters and rivalries within the clan. Winters are always tough, but in Fractureclan, it eliminates half of their prey options. The two most common types of prey are lizards and mice, and lizards don't come out in the snow. Fractureclan is also more open-minded about fighting within the clan. While they're not an extremely violent group, there is a higher-than-average chance of being injured by a clanmate during an argument.
    I suppose the terrain is prime snake territory as well, so some type of snake threat would make sense. I'll have to do more research and figure out those details in the future.

Fractureclan's Naming System

I enjoy the structure of traditional naming, so that's the system I use, though I do want to alter a few details to make it my own. So far, Fractureclan uses the "-eye" suffix to honor a particularly gifted watchcat, which is a rank exclusive to Fractureclan. I'm considering simplifying the system a bit, too. I haven't decided yet, but I might eliminate the "-kit" and/or "-paw" suffixes and just have cats go by their prefix until they become warriors. This would derive from Fractureclan's origins, since the founding members were loners that joined together. The simpler names would more closely resemble loner naming traditions. It feels odd to me that the founders would make such a drastic change to the way their own names work, even if they do have an ex-clanmember as a leader. (Larchstar is setting up mainly traditional clan customs because he knows all about that stuff. He just needs to get the other cats to go along with it.)
    So, a cat would just be called "Patch", until they became a warrior and earned their full name, "Patchstream".
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰【 Tordier 】▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Maned Wolf ] Ringtail ] INFJ ] Neutral Good ] Type 5
Adult ] Atheist ] Anxious ] Depressed ] Dog Dad ] He/They

Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me