==> Homestuck Fanclub v4

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ==> Homestuck Fanclub v4

Postby angelophobic » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:04 am

I bought the first act a while ago but still haven't gotten around to playing it :p
if you send me a trade with a rat i'll most likely accept it

art by scrafftie on tumblr

what we do here is go backbackbackback
angelophobic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kawaiiconcept » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:51 am

I'm here to revive this thread
anyone hear about the meteor passing earth and get super excited?
kawaiiconcept

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby javitaxy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:18 am

kawaiiconcept wrote:I'm here to revive this thread
anyone hear about the meteor passing earth and get super excited?

WHAT? When?
Also why excited, sburb isnt real yet 😭
javitaxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kawaiiconcept » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:34 am

it's upcoming. It's gonna be the closest thing to pass earth for a long time.
kawaiiconcept

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:51 am

I recently rediscovered my love for Homestuck. The lore is really fun to pick apart and I'm working on a fantroll who serves to explore the existential implications of being a self insert.

I also love the postcanon and none of you can change my mind.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kawaiiconcept » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:58 am

Disgustedorite wrote:I recently rediscovered my love for Homestuck. The lore is really fun to pick apart and I'm working on a fantroll who serves to explore the existential implications of being a self insert.

I also love the postcanon and none of you can change my mind.

postcanon is pretty good actually.
It's why I headcanon roxy and caliope as genderfluid
and why I headcanon john X Terrezi as more flushed
kawaiiconcept

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:14 am

I think John x Terezi could work as a healthy kismesissitude, personally. I feel like Dirk was rather biased in his narration on that front (probably on account of having misconceptions about what "hate-love" actually means)--in Homestuck proper, John was clearly willing to give it a try. Their relationship gives off very clear playful pitch vibes overall, I think.

I have a lot to say about my impression of what's going on with Roxy's gender, but I am well-known for my inability to shut up. I'll only subject this thread to my rambles if you want me to. (I think positively of it, though "genderfluid" is not the impression I got)
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:35 pm

Is anyone here?

I played through Friendsim and Pesterquest. I really enjoyed them and they opened my eyes to a lot of possibilities.

I predict that Pesterquest 2 (or perhaps it will be titled Pesterquest Squared?) will happen as implied, and in it, the MSPA Reader will travel to the locked timeline version of the Candy timeline (timelineception lol) and we'll get to befriend, in order, Vrissy, Harry, Tavros Crocker, Ruby [real name not used for obvious reasons], all the Beforus trolls in a grand ghost rain-induced detour, Imode, Silas, Avril, maybe Ruthie, and Caliborne & Calliope (together). In the lattermost, the result will probably be that Caliborn will grow as a person and the cherub kids will be set to mature into a fused being (perhaps with bright yellow or orange blood) instead of one killing the other, as Callie had originally wanted. It will likely be implied, if not directly stated, that the Cherub kids were somehow born on the Candy timeline version of Earth C, but we will have to wait for Homestuck Squared to answer the question of how.

--

I also have Homestuck Squared predictions, as implied. These are overarching events, know that I have a lot more ideas about what might happen at a granular scale but I'd rather this post not get too long.

Without further ado, here's my HS^2 Mega Prediction.

Whatever Roxy and Callie have planned for Vriska at Plot Point will absolutely end up involving the initiation of a Sgrub session (it will be called Sgrub and not Sburb because Vriska said so) where the Candy kids (and maybe the Influencers, via some sort of session bifurcation) will be the players and possibly ascend to God Tier. This version of Sgrub will be weird and the incipisphere will form around Earth C, as it cannot escape the black hole and thus has nowhere else to form. The objective of this particular iteration of The Game will not be to create a new universe, but to contain the Black Hole in some way that would canonize Candy. But this would actually be very, very bad. The timeline was created by a considerable Retcon-induced paradox--Gamzee being removed from the equation, but specifically from a location he was not supposed to be in, which in Pesterquest is actually suggested to be possible so it probably isn't just a plot hole. Because of that, canonizing Candy in its current state would cause a massively catastrophic paradox known as the Blackout. The Blackout will be avoided from this particular cause, however, because it's likely that Sollux will get a Doomy sense for the first time in ages and burst in, faceplant, get up, sprint blindly, and crash directly into Roxy to tell everyone to stop playing the Game. The Game will be halted.

But just because a Blackout isn't caused by events on the Candy timeline doesn't mean a Blackout will never occur. On the Meat timeline, operation "let's all stop Dirk" will fail, Dirk will do or cause something that dooms the Alpha timeline, and since John is dead and therefore can't fix things with a retcon, all that is Canon will be obliterated by a Blackout. The survivors, possibly including the players of the Deltritus session (who will absolutely consist of cherub and horrorterror kids--come on, Dirk's the Cal guy and Rose has always had ties with the horrorterrors!), will be forced to enter the Candy timeline to survive, as its noncanonicity protects it from ruin. Ult Dirk will also absolutely survive the event and be mortified, as his goal was to continue Canon, not destroy it.

In a surprise twist, the surviving retcon recruits--teenage versions of Jane, Jake, Roxy, and Dirk--will also end up fleeing to the Candy timeline to survive. I bet one of the Candy kids will beat up / try to kill teen!Jane because that's what you're supposed to do when you meet a young version of Hitler, you know, as a callback to that time Jake beat up Meenah in Homestuck proper.

So, the surviving Meat cast meets the Candy cast. The utter destruction of Canon is obviously a huge problem that would need to be discussed, and Alt Calliope would be rather cross about it, and perhaps someone might wonder if there might be a way to restore the retcon powers of either Candy!John or the obligatory Meat!Johnsprite, or in some other way make it safe to canonize Candy in its place. Ult Dirk would also be forced to confront a lot of his issues and will possibly be dragged kicking and screaming into a redemption arc, which I think will be really funny to watch. After all, he said he would die a Just death--so obviously he will be totally wrong.

However, all that remains of what was once Canon being trapped on the Candy timeline is a very risky situation--Candy!Jane is still there, still a villain, and utterly unconcerned about whether she's Canon or not. In fact, I wonder if she would prefer to remain non-Canon and try to sabotage everyone's efforts--she wants to kill all trolls and thinks that she is justified in doing so, but as trolls were seen alive in the future of Universe C, to be Canonized would mean to stop what she's doing and let them "overrun" and "replace" humanity. I can't help but imagine the Meat survivors and the retcon recruits will be shocked at just how far gone she is, and perhaps also by how calm their Candy timeline counterparts are about the situation. I could imagine teen!Jane having a pretty terrible time finding out that she could become like that when she grows up, especially given that from her perspective it likely will have been days, if not mere hours, since she was Crockertier.

Anyway, I believe that in the discussion of how to repair Canon, Meat!Jade--who has memories of dead teen version of her who was recruited to fight Lord English folded into her--would remember the two teenage copies of John who still have their Retcon powers and had been dismissed by Meat!John back during the Homestuck Epilogues. Perhaps one or both of them survived the Blackout and are out there in the ruin, but then there would be the question of how they can be contacted from inside the Candy timeline. I think Terezi would have the answer to that--she had been in contact with Candy!John throughout the Epilogues and there's no doubt contact between her and Vriska will turn out to have continued, so obviously, for some reason that will probably be explained at some point, that works. It will turn out that yes, one of the two teenage Johns did survive the Blackout by happening to still exist at a frame of reference before it was to occur--unfortunately, however, it's the very slightly younger of the two who has no idea what he's doing. Still, those hiding out in the Candy timeline, particularly either Candy!John, obligatory Meat!Johnsprite, or both, might be able to coach him on retconning and send him a series of instructions. He has to be able to follow them; the fate of Canon itself is at stake.

Teen!John would receive instructions and begin a series of retcons. These would directly and visibly affect Homestuck proper retroactively and would involve him re-entering the timeline he came from, kidnapping Gamzee from John's fridge, transferring him to Jane's fridge after clearing all the bottles of blood from inside, and then retconning to the Alpha timeline and placing the fridge in the Land of Tombs and Krypton at the right time so that that particular plot hole no longer exists. Also, perhaps it will turn out Aranea Serket actually survived getting punched by John and de-life-ringed, bringing us new Ring of Life lore in the process and leading to her becoming a relevant character again, I guess.

Speaking of, it will turn out that removing a Ring of Life from someone does not kill them or turn them back into a ghost. It does, however, make it where if they are killed, they are double-dead, as they will not produce a new ghost.

One more thing will clearly have to be done to safely canonize Candy. That will be resurrecting Gamzee so that he can exist in the future to raise the Cherub kids, which has not happened yet because Candy!Jane finds him more useful as a martyr. Further, unfortunately, what I mentioned before about Jane perhaps wanting to stay noncanon on what she believes to be ethical grounds will be a problem. She will want to stay noncanon so that she can kill all trolls. She's completely wrong, obviously and demonstrably, but she's not gonna be easily convinced to either resurrect Gamzee or give up his corpse to be resurrected by the teenage version of herself. So it looks like that's a bust.

However, Sollux would no longer have Doomy feelings about Sgrub for some reason. So, the Game would be reluctantly continued. Candy!Jane would continue to not like that. Though already an antagonist for what she was doing to trollkind, Jane would very much lean fully into her symbolic role as a sort of corrupted White Queen to stop the end of noncanon. And whatever happens, I think one thing is certain: Vrissy Maryam-Lalonde will be the one to kill her.

The Game will be beaten. No new universe will be made. Candy won't even be "canonized", at least in the sense that everyone assumes. Instead, the nature of the Candy timeline will change--it will become Canon itself. Remember that all of Paradox Space--the fabric of reality itself, in fact--was shattered and absorbed into it, which actually makes the Candy timeline incredibly canonically potent. In fact, it will turn out that the Candy timeline is the origin of Paradox Space--and thus of Canon--itself because of Homestuck-typical cyclical nonsense. It's like that old theory that the universe will end with the big crunch but then begin anew with another big bang afterwards, but like, mixed with those infinitely zooming looped fractal gifs or something. Candy never leaves the event horizon; the event horizon reverses and becomes the outer boundary of Canon, later so abstracted by future events that it becomes obscure and unreachable. And it does nothing but expand.

Turns out resurrecting Gamzee wasn't even needed because his original post-retcon counterpart still gets yeeted into the future as planned with no additional retcons needed.

What of the Deltritus kids? The horrorterror kids would head off to the Candy timeline version of Deltritus which probably exists and ultimately grow up and have descendants who play the Game themselves, becoming the horrorterrors who dwell in the Furthest Ring as well as creating Universe A because time loops. As for the cherubs, haha, it'll have turned out that the original Deltritus session actually created Caliborn and Calliope's parents after Ult Dirk created their species! "Players" never meant to play, billions of years later they eventually do their thing and it turns out that in a sense Caliborn and Calliope are "Candy Kids" too.

So yeah, there's my several paragraphs of Dorite-typical lack of shutting up that's probably incomprehensible. I'm a Gempia, after all. I had to get it out somewhere.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby javitaxy » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:42 am

Wuh? Huh? Hold on, first of all who are Imode, Silas, Avril and Ruthie? And what's this about cherub kids? I thought all of homestuck was on hiatus since like. 2020? Did something happen?

Edit: alright googled it. I forgot about those paid bonus stories. I thought they weren't important? (Though they prob will be canon considering the.. state of what's canon and what isn't.)

What you said sounds interesting, but I'm pretty sure nobody at team homestuck cares anymore, or are just inmersed in their own petty drama.
javitaxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:42 am

The comic is on hiatus, but it's explicitly still being worked on, not abandoned. The crew do in fact care and are not wrapped up in petty drama, that is a lie made by the horrible people who caused the hiatus. I'd go into my usual spiel as to why, but I think it might be just about the least CS-appropriate thing directly related to Homestuck; just know the crew was harassed and sent death threats as well as threats of things far worse by a sect of the fandom which I can tell you are unknowingly getting your information from.

The paid bonus stories aren't unimportant. They aren't even paid anymore. They are supplementary and add to the storyline. The Influencers in particular explicitly aid the characters in the background. They are important enough to get to show up in a hypothetical Pesterquest 2.

The "Cherub kids" are Caliborn and Calliope, as i said.

The Deltritus kids have not been born yet. Them being cherubs and horrorterrors is speculation based on the symbolism regarding those who are to create them.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me