==> Homestuck Fanclub v4

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ==> Homestuck Fanclub v4

Postby Error: 404 not found » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:34 am

tch wrote:homestuck^2 ??!! i just clicked on the link and,,,how long has this existed ??
please tell me theres some vriska action in there *eyes emoji*

i don't remember when it came out to be honest, but maybe october or november. and yes, this months update had a lot of vriska in it!
Error: 404 not found

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaques » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:36 am

Ended up looking up how to calculate it and mine is Kanaya! She's just about my second favourite troll so I take this as an absolute win.

And @tch
DUDE YEAH MY REACTION EXACTLY.

Found out myself by searching Homestuck to find something unrelated to rereading at the time and saw Homestuck^2 come up. I was completely shocked. It was in October! So crazy. If heard of the meme down the grape vine line in November, but nothing more before then. Then again I didn't exactly have a hand in the fandom before now, either, so.

Hopefully this continuation is better than the ending for Homestuck was.
adult - artist - system (d.i.d.) - they/them

ivy \ jinx \ kai \ irene \ jackdaw \ jelly

jaques

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby javitaxy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:30 am

@vriska
Oh my. Well, the ending was quite something but uhrm...
Ha ha I don't really know what to say about what comes *after* it.
I'm talking epilogues.

They are possibly the most controversial piece of homestuck content, due to its dubious canon relevance. Plus, both have quite... uhm, interesting changes in characters.

To be honest, many people furiously hated them, refused to believe they were canon (even though... we don't really know how canon they are) and stuff. Some people consider it to be well written, as it is a narrative experiment and deals with questions about canon and non canon in fiction, and how much the reader can affect it.
This also is related to the infamous wish toblerones, and what the MC for pesterquest is doing.

Ah, yes. You should know Pesterquest like Friendsim but with homestuck characters. It still is releasing some chapters every two weeks I believe.
javitaxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaques » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:36 am

@javi

yeah oh man...I heard about the epilogue and that's another thing that turned me off. Like I stopped reading after John's powers became clear and he used it to prevent certain character deaths and I was like like, "...what?" It felt like a MASSIVE cop out and it also felt rushed, from my memory, and I was completely dumbfounded and stopped reading soon after it. Dont remember what else of it I read, but like...nah man. Then I hear about the two timelines - and let me tell you, haven't read that and I already KNOW I hate it by how it sounds from the summery I read on Homestuck^2 (which, is what prompted me to buck up and reread the original comic to just see for myself). I don't look forward to that, man.

The Candy timeline especially sounds like absolute h*ll.

EDIT: BTW
do any of you have the pesterchum android app or desktop app? its somewhat dead, but i got it for nostalgia and im on.
artisticAnarchy is me. i reply in character as my oc, tho, mostly, so entering saying your from cs and i'll know

jaques

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaques » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:06 am

Oops for double posting BUT
On desktop I'm different, I'm thrillingAbandon

jaques

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby javitaxy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:22 pm

@vriska
Oh, i didnt know there was a mobile version.
I have actually never used pesterchum but I'd like to.

I tried searching but all I found was that the mobile version is quite old. Also, I though Pesterchum was mostly dead?
Might download it when I get access to my PC again.
javitaxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marr » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:38 pm

Username: baybey
God Tier: ??? of Mind (havent really like?? researched,, but most likely seer or witch..... dunno!)
Patron Troll: karkat!!
Favourite Kid: dave and,,,,, jake :33c
Favourite Troll: nepeta!!!!! always loved her and always will!!!
Favourite Guardian:dunno :0c
inactive
marr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaques » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:16 pm

@javi

it's like, not THAT active as far as memos go, but pc version is objectively better, but the problem for me is that i dont have home internet, so i can only get on the pc version when im on hotspot or at someone's house, so I'm mostly on mobile.

I play as vriska or the aforementioned usernames.

The canon usernames are mostly active on and off - albeit passed between people since there doesn't seem to be registered and locked versions of them (thank god) and that's what I've been doing. Was a fun scenario I had earlier as Vrisk!

jaques

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby javitaxy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:54 pm

Vriska Serket wrote:@javi

it's like, not THAT active as far as memos go, but pc version is objectively better, but the problem for me is that i dont have home internet, so i can only get on the pc version when im on hotspot or at someone's house, so I'm mostly on mobile.

I play as vriska or the aforementioned usernames.

The canon usernames are mostly active on and off - albeit passed between people since there doesn't seem to be registered and locked versions of them (thank god) and that's what I've been doing. Was a fun scenario I had earlier as Vrisk!

I made a pesterchum earlier today! on pc. My chumhandle is caliginousTruth, but i once tried to go with dirk's pesterchum thinking it was locked and by a miracle it wasnt. A dave instantly messaged me and i freaked out cause i wasnt expecting anyone and also because i suck at roleplaying in these scenarios lol. I did have some fun while it laster (aka like a minute lol)
javitaxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaques » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:04 pm

Oh cool! Yeah I've been effing around as Vriska and it's been so freaking fun. I even got invited to a discord with other canon usernames!

jaques

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me