Rise | Warriors Adopts | Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Rise | Warriors Adopts | Fanclub

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sat May 05, 2018 9:04 am

I used inkarnate. Signing up wasn't too bad and I got a decent map out of it!

Most people that I know of either used that or drew it themselves.

Also, on the other topic, I really prefer customs myself. With that, I know I'm getting a cat that will fit one of the ideas that I have. Also because I love contests but I'm getting slightly tired of all the intense writing XD
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MichelleP224 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:16 am

I made an account and tried to use Inkarnate.
How do you do the different terrains, trees, and buildings and stuff??
The only thing it lets me do is water.
MichelleP224

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Only_Sky » Sat May 05, 2018 9:18 am

So far, most of my cats are customs, but not because I have already pre-planned them or anything, but because of the huge variety of cats. I lot of Rise creations are points, double dilutes or other beautiful designs, but I prefer the more commonly found coats, since quite a few colours or varieties are rarer in most wild/stray cat communities. So I prefer to try out for the more common colours, as most cats in my clan don't/will not carry the more uncommon/rare alleles like points or caramelizations, etc. No hate on anyone's cats or anything though, just my own preference ^^

@MichelleP224: Have a look at this tutorial, I think it may help!
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MichelleP224 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:02 am

Thanks Only_Sky! I'll check it out and see if it helps!
MichelleP224

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serl » Sat May 05, 2018 7:54 pm

hello! i'm looking for neighboring clans, please pm me if you're interested because it has specific stuff, so, yeah!
my east border is taken
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝
serl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Wed May 09, 2018 2:12 am

I had a look at inkarnate, but found it quite difficult to handle, and it was missing some of the terrain elements that I need for Fractureclan. I think I'll probably get around to drawing my map myself. It would be a nice challenge, since I don't usually draw that sort of thing. Hopefully it doesn't turn out too bad. X3

@Only_Sky: That's an interesting point with the genetics, actually. I don't know much about cat coat color genetics, (Tons about dogs, but not cats.) but it would be interesting to learn more about the basics and possibly incorporate some of that into my clan.

On a similar note, for those of you using a traditional/semi-traditional naming style, the suffix, "-face", is supposed to denote a particularly handsome/beautiful cat. What qualities do the cats in your clan consider to be "beautiful"?
    It seemed like in the books, the cats considered silver tabbies (especially longhaired ones) to be more beautiful, but I wanted to decide on something different for my own clan to prefer, aesthetics-wise. Maybe you guys did too?
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰【 Tordier 】▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Maned Wolf ] Ringtail ] INFJ ] Neutral Good ] Type 5
Adult ] Atheist ] Anxious ] Depressed ] Dog Dad ] He/They

Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed May 09, 2018 5:27 am

I hadn't actually given much thought to that, but my first thought is torties and calicos are probably considered beautiful as well as cat who have partial/central heterochroma.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CertainNorth » Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 am

Ooo, that's a neat question. My clan doesn't stick to all the traditional naming, so I don't think any of them would ever have the suffix "-face". However, as far as what they consider beautiful...I don't know! I think they might consider more wild looking coats to be beautiful, suck as bengals and some tabbies. Colorwise, I think pale coats might be considered prettier, even though they stand out a lot more in most terrain haha.
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cujo. » Wed May 09, 2018 6:32 am

@doge fruit, super late reply but thank you, i love her!!

@Gleon, ooh, i'm a traditional namer!! i haven't exactly decided everything that constitutes a -face cat in minkclan, but so far on the list i've got longhair classic tabbies with white markings! scars are probably very attractive to them, too - though i haven't decided on which pelt colours, if any!
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Wed May 09, 2018 9:25 am

Long post. You guys have inspired me. ^^;

@TheSongOfTheStars: Heterochroma is an interesting trait to think about. Noteworthy beauty is typically a bit unusual, when compared to what is considered "average", but there is a line where a trait is so different that it's just "weird". Blue eyes are uncommon, but not unheard of. Are they "pretty"? Heterochroma is even more uncommon. Does it cross the line into "freaky"? Would a cat with heterochroma be admired, or shunned? Would it depend on the individual cat, with some clan members feeling one way, and others feeling another?
    I feel like I'm getting philosophical. XD
    The point is, there's actually a lot to consider when working with the grey areas of world building, especially with something as subjective as beauty. It's just fun to wonder about.

@Tendency: You've also brought up some interesting thoughts. As you said yourself, pale coats are usually (depending on the terrain) less practical. To what extent does "pretty" and "useful" overlap? Obviously, for something to be considered beautiful, it has to stand out as such. A common color that camouflages easily probably wouldn't be that special. On the other hand, consider white cats. They can be very striking, and blue eyes compliments the color well. However, most white cats with blue eyes are deaf. That is far from practical in a clan. So, would these traits be considered beautiful? I guess it depends on the cat and the clan.

@cujo.: Nice! Another traditionalist! Scars actually make a lot of sense. Cats usually earn them by working hard and doing difficult things for their clan, so it makes sense that scars would be celebrated. I wonder if some Minkclan cats might be purposefully rash and rough in training/battle, trying to get more scars? Now that I think of it, if scars are beautiful, and cats might want more of them, then how would a Minkclan cat think about giving other cats scars? Would a Minkclan cat ever consider scarring themselves on purpose just for looks? It's a really interesting cultural element to think about!

No question this time. I feel like I've stimulated discussion enough with this text wall already.
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰【 Tordier 】▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Maned Wolf ] Ringtail ] INFJ ] Neutral Good ] Type 5
Adult ] Atheist ] Anxious ] Depressed ] Dog Dad ] He/They

Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me