Narakari rider's snuggery

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Narakari rider's snuggery

Postby cautiousculpeo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Dizzy socks wrote:
Harth&Piny wrote:
Yamaneko wrote:@ Nikki6Ashba: Great. Both. ^^ Archive entry has been added and you slot will be there as soon as Death agrees, too.
Wuha, 3:59 minutes. :shock: Awesome. *giggles*

@Harth&Piny: Added it to our gallery. Is it correct that I can only see one hoof?

Yes. I wanted to work on drawing feet, so I drew it standing with on foot behind the other. It's not the best, and I'll do another full body for her soon.

Would any stallion want to do a breeding for me? I'd like my
only mare to have a foal! I would keep the foal by the way.

I have a stallion if you want.

Ok great! can I see him before I fill out the forum?

| Twitch | she/her | adult user | married | Procreate | Pet Collector |
duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!
I havent been active in a long time <3 but im getting back into it!

ImageImage
I am a holibomber! - I have gifted 20 people. I have received 21 gifts.
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yamaneko » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:22 pm

- Added additional slots for Dizzy socks and Mello-chan. -
- cleared some old stuff out of the news -

And completely forgot to mention:

If you generally allow others to breed with your Narakari or if you are looking for a breeding partner, you might be added to our breeding list. You can find it in the news post.
You just need to post here that you want to get on the list. Your post should contain a link to the Narakari that you want to be added to the list. I'll link it in our list then and others can find you and your Narakaris references easily.

And please keep in mind that you only have time until sunday evening to order a breeding. At the end of sunday we'll close our breeding season.
Yamaneko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Death of Fantasy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Mello-chan wrote:Thank you very much, Death! It's finished now. :3

It's fantastic. You did a really good job and deserved your slot.
Where ere thou hast been,here or in yon world manifest.
Canst thou tell what is, or what was,
or what is to come?
No thing shall last
and there are things that shall never change.
History is written in blood,
yet are battles really lost
on the battlefields?
Canst thou tell me whence thou comest
and where thou goest
and what is, or what was, or what is to come?
For everything remains as it never was.

© Eluveitie - Otherworld

Death of Fantasy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dizzy socks » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Harth&Piny wrote:
Dizzy socks wrote:

I have a stallion if you want.

Ok great! can I see him before I fill out the forum?

Sure! This is Solo!Image
Lights aways on. I work 9 to 5 (BST/GMT) so may take a while to get to PMs - but I will get to them.
Dizzy socks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:31 am

Here's Aeuko just so you can see her. And I love Solo! He's a beautiful stallion.

| Twitch | she/her | adult user | married | Procreate | Pet Collector |
duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!
I havent been active in a long time <3 but im getting back into it!

ImageImage
I am a holibomber! - I have gifted 20 people. I have received 21 gifts.
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yamaneko » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:58 am

Poetry contest
As we only have our grand tournament at the moment we want to give those who don’t like to draw the chance for a slot, too.
The task sounds rather simple. We want you to write a poem – of course Narakari related. The topic is:
Narakari spring
This contains a huge band width Narakari in spring, the spring itself, spring feelings, love… just be creative.
At the end of this contest Death and I choose two winners who will get an additional Narakari slot.
End of this contest is: April, 21th 0:00 GMT
Entrys:
Yamaneko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2nd Archive

Postby Schneemaehne » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:46 am

~Snowy~
°
Snowy is not really a Narakari character, but a coloration of my fursona Snowy Yamaneko made for me. I really like the thought of it, even though I have to admit it is hard to imagine my soft-hearted Snowy as a steed from hell. Anyways, great thanks you two!
Picture reference: click me!
Amazing picture done by Sheki/PeachTreeKittens. I love the pose, it's so playful and sweet! Click me!
For any more informations about Snowy, check my Deviant Art account.

~Eachann~
°
Name: Eachann
Name origin: Gaelic for “brown horse” or “horse lord”
Heigth: 5 feet
Colour: Sooty bay (EE AA STY)
Father: not known
Mother: not known
Mate(s): Pandora
Offspring: Achilles
Rider: Dirain
Written Description: Eachann is a sooty bay stallion with the typical slender and high-legged body of the Narakari. His mane and tail have a warm grey, his hooves a sandy colour. His horns have a deep crimson colour which is also appearing in his red eyes. Unlike an albino his eyes do have a dark red shade and often mentioned to have a beautiful shine when seen in the bright sunlight. He also has a small white snip above his nose.
Character: Eachann is a true handful! Not afraid of anything and a true-blue stallion he is difficult to handle and sometimes liberally works against his rider. You can almost see how much he likes to show off in front of other Narakaris (especially mares!) but getting him to work at other times really takes a disciplined and experienced rider. He also has the nasty habit of breaking things just because he can, so always keep a close eye on him!
In contrast to this he totally changes if competition is on: He will jump, run and work as no other horse to win! His dressage skills are not that great (no wonder!) but he already gained the reputation of being hot competition in cross-country races.
Official Reference picture: Click me!
Artwork(s):
(1) First sketch, drawn by myself click!
(2) Eachann in the dressage ring, done for the "A little less conversation..."-contest click!
(3) Eachann and his freshly re-designed rider click!
Further information: I’m currently offering Eachann for breedings. Please contact me if you’re interested!

~Lyrium~
°
Name: Lyrium
Name origin: The name is originated in the material "Lyrium" from the Dragon Age game series. Quoted from the Dragon Age Wiki: "Lyrium is a valuable but dangerous mineral. Physical contact with the raw ore will cause serious injury and psychological problems for humans or elves and will kill mages outright. Only the dwarves are able to process the ore into a less dangerous and more useful form." In short: You can use it to fill up your mana if you're a mage or for various potions and magic-related things. But it's highly addictive and normally drives people into madness over time. Nice stuff.
Heigth: 5,4 feet
Colour: pure black (Ee aa)
Mate(s): none
Offspring: none
Rider: Ayla
Written Description: Lyrium has a eye-catching jet-black coat which remains so even in summer. His winter fur is a bit rougher, but during the summer months it grows a beautiful blue-ish shine. His ocean-blue horns, eyes and hoofes made of sapphires also gave him his name. He also has a small white snip above his nose.
Character: Lyrium is a born racer. Though a bit more shy around other Narakaris the young stallion blooms the same moment he feels the wind in his mane and the earth vibrate under his swift hoofes. Although he does not like to show off (as Eachann does) his striking appearance can hardly be overseen. He loves to chase birds and has a pet hate for yellow flowers - nobody is sure why, though.
Artwork(s):
(2) Final contest entry for the Medieval Event at the Meadows Click!
(3) Design sketch for his armour during the Medieval event Click!
(4) My team avatar, again for the Medieval event click me!
(5) Gift art by TheFabulousHorse. Thank you very much! Click me!
Further information: Lyrium is now open for breedings! Please contact me if you're interested!

~Crinis~
°
Name: Crinis
Name origin: Crinis is Latin and means "comet" or "comet's tail". If you have a look at his hellmark you'll see why he was called like this.
Heigth: 5,2 feet
Colour: Sulphur Dun (Ee Aa Dd)
Rider: none
Written Description: Crinis' coat is a classy sulphur dun with white stockings and a white snip. If you ask me, the most striking part of his appearance are his white, nearly translucent horns and pale eyes. His movements are not extra-ordinary for he trades it for speed. Swift on his hooves whatever he does!
Character: Crinis is surprisingly tame and well-behaved under the saddle even if you always have to watch out to slow him down a bit. Compared to Eachann he is calm and unproblematic and less shy than Lyrium. The two like to race each other and even if Crinis is still quicker things might look different once Lyrium is fully grown.
Artwork(s):
(2) Crinis in his Halloween costume, drawn by myself click!
(3) A birthday gift for me by Yamaneko, featuring Crinis in all his glory click!
(4) Fun sketch - Crinis does not like winter and I like to dress him up way too much! ;) Click me! First one in the left upper corner is Crinis!
Further information: Crinis is currently open for breedings, contact me for further information.

~Greer~
°
Name: Greer
Name origin: "Greer" is a female Scottish variation of the Latin name "Gregory". And just like it's origin it means "watchful" or "vigilent".
Heigth: 5,1 feet
Colour: Grullo (EE aa nD)
Mate(s): Ganor
Offspring: Guntram
Rider: Khaleigh Click!
Written Description: Especially in poor light conditions Greer might look like a black Narakari - but she isn't! She a really dark grullo (dun) with a lot of primitive markings. Her long legs and elegant movement make her look like she's dancing over the paddock. Her horns are made from slate, so they have a dull dark-grey colour.
Character: Being the only mare isn't easy. But Greer handles this with ease! Believe me, if this lady flicks her tails and flattens her ears the gents get the hell out of it - well, not really. After all Narakari come from hell! But you get the picture.
Besides her headstrong streak she is a perfect Miss. She wants to be treated with a certain amount of dignity but she will reward you with amazing dressage skills in return. Especially if someone is looking. You would almost think she knows how good she looks!
Artwork(s):
(2) Design sketched out for the Summer Tournament 2014 click!
Further information:After her "foal pause" Greer is now up for breeding again!

~Guntram~
°
Name: Greer
Name origin: "Guntram" is a combination of the two Germanic words gund ("war") and hramn ("raven"). So, if you combine it you get the "war raven" or "raven of war". This was also the name of a Frankish king during the 6th century.
Heigth: 5,9 feet (still growing)
Colour: Grullo (EE aa nD)
Father: Ganor
Mother: Greer
Written Description: Did you just see that hellmark? It's more like a whole hell-design on this colts back! When he was born he looked completely black besides those little spots in his right foreleg. But he wasn't! Like his mother he is a lovely dark grullo. Everybody is waiting to see him grow up completely and loose his foal coat. But one thing is for sure: This boy is going to be a lady killer!
Guntram is nearly grown-up now and he fulfills all the hopes I had for him. He got the smooth movement of his mother and his fathers fire. Right now we are training on the ground and with a first light saddle. I daresay he is the big dressage sensation in my herd! Well, in a few years...
Character: Raven of war - ever heard the sentence "nomen est omen", the name is the destiny? Well, Guntram surely has a true warriors heart! His small head is held high and he prances along with his tiny hooves and unbelievable long legs as if he owns the place. Good thing his mummy is there to protect him! The other stallions aren't mean to him, but they surely like to play rough and he is a tad too young for that. Until then he chases the falling leaves and works on his roar - wait no, that was this odd lion cub. But I'm sure he is working on something else!
Nearly grown up Guntram has now settled to be as much of a gentleman as his mother is a lady. If you are nice to him, he is a real charmer. Be rude and you'll get some teeth in return. He's still a bit too flippy under the saddle but once he gets calmer his good nature and ambitiousness will make him a perfect boy!
Official foal picture: Click me!
Artwork(s):
Further information: Guntram is from now on open for breddings. If you are interested, please contact me!

~Grani~
°
Name: Grani
Name origin: "Grani" is the name of Sigurds horse in the Norse Mythology. It is said to simply mean "they grey". The mythological Grani is a male descendant of Sleipnir, whose owner, Odin, actually helps Sigurd to get his steed while being disguised as an old man.
Colour: Silver Dapple (EE aa Ff ZZ)
Written Description: Between the three grullos of my herd Grani's shiny silver dappled coat strikes the eye. Her mane and tail hair are light silver and have an amazing shine. Washed and polished her whole coat shines like silver - together with her spectacular trot she is a walking eye-catcher. The only oddity is her big hellmark which is located above her white face - it looks a bit like a spotted horse's badgerface-marking. The white parts on her legs are sometimes mistaken for scars or old injuries where the hair has regrown in a lighter shade - in reality it's an extreme form of "lacing" a marking that sometimes goes along with dappling. Her being a hellhorse seemed to have made them even more pronounced.
Character: Beside her heroic name, Grani is a calm and good-natured mare. With her ten years she is well out of her days as a crazy filly and now shines not only with her coat but also with her easy nature and well behaviour. Although she likes to play catch with you if you come for her to the meadow or paddock, she is an angel under the saddle. An enjoyable ride between all her headstrong companions!
Artwork(s):
Further information: Grani is now open for breeding for the first time!

~Abelas~
°
Name: Abelas
Name origin: "Abelas" is the name of an unlucky wood-shaper who angered a spirit and thus his whole Clan was killed. It's a story from the Dragon Age Origins universe, you can pick it up during the game. "Abelas" itself means "sorrow".
Heigth: 7,5ft
Colour: Mulberry Grey (Ee aa Gg)
Mate(s): Hawke (owned by Yamaneko)
Offspring: Shiral (owned by Yamaneko)
Written Description: There are not many Narakari with such an eye-catching appearance, especially not in my herd. Abelas is a mulberry grey with excessive hellmarks which look like bracelets on her front legs. She is big and sturdily built and if you managed to not notice all these things you should watch out for her blood red horns and reddish mane. Her whole appearance yells "trouble!" at you and that is exactly what is going to happen.
Character: Nomen est omen and this fits just perfectly to this mare. Abelas is a trouble maker, headstrong and aggressive towards her fellow Narakaris. This is the reason why she's having a paddock for herself right now, even if Yama and I are trying to socialize her with Hawke. Her original name was "(k)night mare" and she seems to live up to that.
Artwork(s):
(2) "Want my blanket?", drawn by Yamaneko click!
(3) "Want my blanket?", coloured version, by Yamaneko Click me!
Further information: She is not open for breedings right now as she is caring for her foal Shiral.

~Caoimhe~
°
Name: Caoimhe
Name origin: "Caoimhe" is a Gaelic name, originally meaning something like "tender" or "kind".
Heigth: 5,4 ft
Colour: Black (Ee aa)
Written Description: Caoimhe is not a flashy Narakari. She sports an elegant, black coat which fades into a dark brown during the summer months and two white feet. Her horns and eyes have a beautiful bright blue colour which stands in a nice contrast towards her solid dark fur. She is medium sized and has a bit of a tummy right now because she just loves all the fresh spring grass.
Character: Like her name already gives away, Caoimhe is a gentle-natured mare. She enjoys a calm and quiet ride through the morning woods a lot more than the hectic of the tournaments or intensive training. You may say she is a bit too laid-back, but overall she is not lazy. She just enjoys life at a slower pace than the other members of the herd. This may also be a reason why especially the younger riders and passser-bys love her to bits. She is just one gentle sweetheart.
Artwork(s):
Further information: She is open for breedings right now!

~Odin~
°
Name: Odin
Name origin: Also known as Wodan in older scriptures, Odin is the Allfather in most Germanic mythology. His role is complex, he embodies ideas from warfare to poetry or hunting. He is missing one eye and has a whole collection of fantastic items and animals like Sleipnir, the eight-legged horse, his two ravens Hugin and Munin or Geri and Freki, his wolfs. The "wilde hunt", his hunt through the sky and across our lands is featured even in many modern tales.
Heigth: 6 feet
Colour: Grey (EE aa G)
Written Description: Like his namesake this Narakari seems to be missing an eye. In reality it is a strangely unique hellmark which colors his eye and the skin around it in deepest black, making it appear like a hole. His other eye is shows the normal colour, a pale silver fitting his horns. He is the tallest of my herd and also the oldest member. His mane and tail are white already and he seems to be whitening out even more. Maybe in a few years his whole coat will be completely white. Until then he remains with darker areas especially on his legs and hinds.
Character: If someone knows how to be regal at all time, it is Odin. He is the silent ruler of my herd, often grazing alone or watching the rest play around from a distance. The younger Narakaris and especially the foals love him to pieces and he endures all their antics with only a gentle nudge here and there. If he wants something, he will normally get it, though. If I feed the Naras, spread some treats or bring fresh water he is the first one to pick. Luckily, he is not greedy and after he had a mouth full he normally lets the others eat and drink as well. Under the saddle he is gentle and easily ridable, though his fire only shows when he is on the open field. Once tried to ride a hunt with him - the others needed nearly an hour to catch up with us! He is totally lacking the ambition, but if he wants he could be faster even than Lyrium and Crinis!
Artwork(s):
Further information: I’m currently offering him for breedings.

~Krishna~
°
Name: Krishna
Name origin: Krishna is the name of the eighth incanration of the Hinduistic god Vishnu. He is one of the most popular figures and appears in a wide variety of stories. One of his symbols is a crown out of peacock feathers.
Heigth: 5,7 feet
Colour: Blue Taffy (EE Ata Zz)
Written Description: Krishnas grey coat fades into a chocolate brown around his legs and head. His namesake is often described with having a skin like a "storm cloud" and it seems this is reflected upon his coat as well. His blonde mane and tail tuffs reveal his taffy genes. His horns and eyes sport a dinstinctive grey-ish purple colour. His legs are marked irregularly and he has a white marking.
Character: This guy knows how to play on everyones heartstrings! Believe me, he manages to get the meanest of children to rub his ears and even the grumpiest old ladies fall for his charms and start bringing him sweeties every other day. I have no idea how he does it! It's hard to resists his sweet nature, I have to admit. He will cheer you up with his pranks, give you a cuddle when you are feeling down or simply let you forget the rest of the world with his amazingly soft gaits. He is not as quick on his hooves as others nor as elegant as Greer but his soft trott and heavenly gallop make up for it in no time. Give him some more time and the whole stable will do his bidding!
Artwork(s):
Further information: He's currently up for breeding.

~Njörðr~
°
Name:Njörðr
Name origin: Njörðr is the name of one of the Vanir. He is associated with things like the sea, seafaring, the winds, fishing but also wealth and crop fertility.
Colour: Grey (EE aa Gg)
Rider: Theron
Written Description: Njörðr fur has a storm grey colour with darker and lighter dappling and dark legs. His coat also features four white hooves but no head marking but his dark muzzle. His horns and eyes have a brilliant ocean blue colour. He is a bit smaller than most my Narakari and more stockily built.
Character: See that stocky stallion over there? Think he must be the easy-going, lazy one? Oh no! Njörðr has more power in him than most of the taller Narakaris in my herd. He is impulsive, quickly changing between standing in the sun and giving a full-speed run. And believe me, you can feel all those thick muscles working if he does! Capricious like the sea, he might be a headache from time to time but sure makes a great companion. Because if you get used to his temper, there's no tempest that can still shock you! He also is never afraid of water or wind which makes him my favourite ride for dashing along the beach!
Artwork(s):
(2) Header for the "Pirates vs Gentlemen" Summer Tournament, made by myself Click me!

~Grotteschi~
°
Name:Grotteschi
Name origin: "Grotteschi the Red" is the name of a female manticore in C.M. Valente's duology "The Orphan's Tales". Although my Narakari is a stallion I still thought the name would fit him as his alias was "the red lion" (which is how Grotteschi is described in the book) and he is a chimera. If you want to know more about the books there is a wonderfull reading from S.J. Tucker of the begnning of Grotteschi's story right here.
Heigth: 5,8 feet
Colour: Chimeric, Black plus Chestnut (EE aa plus ee aa)
Written Description: Grotteschi is a truly rare colouration - well, actually he has two at once as he is a chimeric. This means he has two set of DNA, appearing as two different colouration in his coat. So he as jet-black and chestnut at the same time, with a dark head and a tiny white spot on the top of his head. He is built rather sturdy and his fur lacks the shine of some other's Narakari. But it is thick and harsh and enough to protect him from the bruning sun and the cold as well.
Character: Grotteschi might not be a lion from his looks but he surely has the heart of one! Strong, fierce and easy to anger he is giving me some trouble to keep him under control. Right now we are doing a lot of ground work to calm and center him, but it is a slow improvement, if any at all. There are days when I think he will be just great in a few weeks and there are other when I'm just praying he'll not destroy anything expensive. Gosh, that's a lion's den for you...
Artwork(s):
Last edited by Schneemaehne on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:45 am, edited 28 times in total.
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yamaneko » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:59 am

Yay, you got it ready.
May I add the picture of Eachann to our art gallery?
(Slot has already been added)
Yamaneko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:25 am

Sure! ANd also great thanks for the slot!
The poetry competition is also genius! Didn't dare to double-post because I didn't want to have "normal conversation" in my archive... but good thing you two are always so quick with answering!
(When I finally get my room sorted out I'll upload the contest entry ;))
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Death of Fantasy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:27 am

That is totally understandable! And since we often enough lack a proper real life... someone of us is often online. Your archive really is great work! You deserved your slot.

I'm really anxious to read your entry!
Where ere thou hast been,here or in yon world manifest.
Canst thou tell what is, or what was,
or what is to come?
No thing shall last
and there are things that shall never change.
History is written in blood,
yet are battles really lost
on the battlefields?
Canst thou tell me whence thou comest
and where thou goest
and what is, or what was, or what is to come?
For everything remains as it never was.

© Eluveitie - Otherworld

Death of Fantasy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me