Narakari rider's snuggery

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Narakari rider's snuggery

Postby Teeze » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:22 am

sportlaan2 wrote:do you have to make a drawing to enter (I can't draw)(like really not) (like look at my entry for the quest wich looks like schit and I really spent time on it :(
I gues everyone has his own talents and drawing is deffenitly not mine :p I am good at mats tho

It's ok to not have a talent for drawing, don't feel bad about that. Fortunately talents and skills are not the same thing and anyone can get better at drawing if they apply themselves to it (it's just easier and quicker for someone with a talent for it). The best thing you can do is practice.

Yama can correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand you have to work on your drawing for The Quest about 20 days or something like that. It says you can't post it until 20 days after it is announced but I'm assuming that means you should still spend at least a few days on it before posting even if it has already been 20 days since the theme was announced.
It also has to have a background, but I'm pretty sure the art for the pirate/navy event does not need a background.

Your art isn't bad you just need to put more time into it. I think my drawing for the navy took me about 12+ hours probably longer. And you don't have to do it all in one sitting; you can save it and come back to it another day.

If you want I can PM you some links to art tutorials that I have found useful. I spend quite a bit of time looking at tutorials and then applying what I have learned to my own drawings.
I would like to own 1 of every pet; no more, no less.

My Narakari | My GoS | My Dressups

Centaur Adopts
[Closed | Open]

I'm back on MagiStream!
ImageImageImage

I am also Teeze on Aywas (ID# 47799) and ToyHou.se
I am GreywaterAlley on Flight Rising (No space in my username)

Image | Viscet Adopts
Please let them know you found them through my sig.
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sportlaan2 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:34 am

I know all takes time to learn the problem is that I don't enjoy things I am not good at.
anyways that is a horrible mentality of me...
I'll work some more on it and my skills, it can be done with pencils and other stuff right?
I have an idea with certain styles wich have more of a "connection" with me ;)
you can send me those tutorials
I can allways learn cant I ?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sportlaan2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Teeze » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:46 am

Ok, I'll gather the links to the tutorials and send them to you later today. And yes I'm pretty sure it said traditional art is alright.

Centaur Adopts
[Closed | Open]

I'm back on MagiStream!
ImageImageImage

Image | Viscet Adopts
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dizzy socks » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:53 am

Teeze wrote:Ok, I'll gather the links to the tutorials and send them to you later today. And yes I'm pretty sure it said traditional art is alright.

I'd be thrilled if you could possibly shoot the tutorials over my way too?
Lights aways on. I work 9 to 5 (BST/GMT) so may take a while to get to PMs - but I will get to them.
Dizzy socks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireMessageNinja » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:55 am

Yeah! *grabby hands* tutorials are always useful! Wouldn't mind too much if you sent those links to me as well ;3
My Lights are: OFF!
ImageImage
ImageImage
VampireMessageNinja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yamaneko » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:40 am

sportlaan2 wrote:do you have to make a drawing to enter (I can't draw)(like really not) (like look at my entry for the quest wich looks like schit and I really spent time on it :(
ClassicchampagnemareKopie_zps1238129b-1.png
)
I gues everyone has his own talents and drawing is deffenitly not mine :p I am good at mats tho

I'd suggest you to read the rules for The Quest a bit more carefully. You posted your entry early and it has no background. ;)
Take you time for the picture. The deadline to participate for this quest is in March 2015...
Yamaneko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:54 am

sportlaan2 wrote:I know all takes time to learn the problem is that I don't enjoy things I am not good at.
anyways that is a horrible mentality of me...
I'll work some more on it and my skills, it can be done with pencils and other stuff right?
I have an idea with certain styles wich have more of a "connection" with me ;)
you can send me those tutorials
I can allways learn cant I ?

Hiya!
There's no need to make it digital. You can sue pencils, watercolours and all you like! Sometimes, when I really don't like my work I try new techniques - like the frottage-technique. Or I paint with watercolours and add some more details with coloured pencils later on. Try to find a medium you feel comfortable with and half the job is done already ;)
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruby-Skylark » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:30 pm

@ sportlaan2
That picture is adorable (and really, my art isn't much better unless I actually put days of work into it and basically colour pixel by pixel, which is incredibly hard work for me, with my medical condition)

@ Teeze
Could I get those tutorials? I can pass them along to my sister, who is the digital artist.

My picture for the Pirate team took me days to finish and by the time I got Ruby and Titan done, I was just too exhausted and couldn't be naffed with a fancy background (which is why the background looks like a 3 year old drew it)

And I swear, the universe hates me! I had my 2nd Archive post written out and was just finishing the layout when my stupid frickin ipad died *headdesk* I lost the whole thing *bangs head on desk* stupid stupid stupid for not saving the code *fail*
Ruby-Skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Teeze » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Oo, bummer Ruby. I'm sure it will be better the next time you make it. And I sent you the tutorial links. :D

Centaur Adopts
[Closed | Open]

I'm back on MagiStream!
ImageImageImage

Image | Viscet Adopts
Teeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2nd Archive

Postby Ruby-Skylark » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:57 am

Titan
Titan is named for the markings on his belly and neck...the Kraken is a legendary creature that resembled a giant squid and was known for destroying ships. Its tremendous size and power is to be matched with that of a titan, and the gods often refer to him as the last of the Titans, which is ironic because the Titans are immortal.

Height:
5ft 2in
Date of Birth:
October 8th 2006
Coat Colour:
Classic Champagne Sabino

Character:
I unleashed The Kraken for you, beware his eight arms... wait, wrong text...
I caught this eight years old stallion for you. He is a classic champagne sabino who loves water. Be careful, this stallion comes with immense power and is hard to tame.

Titan's birthday is the 8th of October, which is the first day of Cephalopod Awareness week (quite fitting due to his Hellmark). This is the day when all things 8-armed are celebrated.
Titan certainly lives up to his name. He is a powerful jumper (which is why he excels at showjumping) but also has immense stamina (which does him well in cross-country, where he powers through the course ahead of his competition). He has a rather serious personality, and tends to be a force of nature that is uncontrollable at the best of times. He doesn't take orders from anyone except his owner, for he is loyal to unto death, and only with her is his gentle side seen. Titan's owner will occasionally "loan" him to one of her special characters riders for the odd job or quest and he takes great care around this rider because each of them is important to his owner.

Rider:
N/A

Hellmark:
Tentacles (belly)
Line of Circles (neck)
Crystal:
Dull Berg Crystal
Riding Disciplines:
Cross-Country
Showjumping
Genetics:
EE/aa/Chch/nSb

Mate:
N/A

Offspring:
N/A

Fanart
Titan & Bun-Bun (for The Quest)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Leviathan
Leviathan is named for the mythical sea creature (possibly a Megalodon) that was able to sink ships. I chose this name to fit the necklace of Shark's Teeth that this boy wears.

Height:
5ft 2in
Date of Birth:
August 2nd 2009
Coat Colour:
Light Bay

Character:
This bay stallion is five years old. He is a bit wild and likes to galopp through water.

Leviathan's birthday is the first day of Shark Week 2009. Which is a fitting day for this beastie to have been born out of Hell.

Rider:
N/A

Hellmark:
Necklace of Sharks Teeth (neck)
Small Black Lines (tail)
Crystal:
Topaz
Riding Disciplines:
Cross-Country
Racing
Genetics:
Ee/AA

Mate:
N/A

Offspring:
N/A

Fanart
WIP

DAEMON
Daemon is named for his markings...wip

Height:
4ft 8in
Date of Birth:
October 31 2002
Coat Colour:
Red Roan

Character:
This red roan stallion is 13 years old. He is really dominant and hot headed. Be careful, there is a little demon inside.

WIP

Rider:
N/A

Hellmark:
Demon horns/eyes (chest)
Crystal:
Garnet?
Riding Disciplines:
Dressage
Genetics:
ee/aa/Rn

Mate:
N/A

Offspring:
N/A

Fanart
WIP

ARTEMUS
wip

Height:
wip
Date of Birth:
wip
Coat Colour:
wip

Character:
wip

WIP

Rider:
N/A

Hellmark:
Biohazard Symbol Right Shoulder
Zombie Handprint Left Hip
Crystal:
Ruby
Riding Disciplines:
Cross Country
Horse Trekking
Genetics:
wip

Mate:
N/A

Offspring:
N/A

Fanart
WIP

ImageImage
GLORY
wip

Height:
14.2hh
(approx 146cm)
Date of Birth:
March 04 2015
Coat Colour:
Mulberry Gray

Character:
A mulberry grey mare with a pearly white coat - including a nice silver shine. Her horns and eyes are deep red and she features crystal hoofes of the same colour. Her hellmark is a lotus blossom.

WIP

Rider:
N/A

Hellmark:
Lotus Blossom (Belly)
Crystal:
Ruby
Riding Disciplines:
Dressage
Genetics:
ee/aa/Gg

Mate:
N/A

Offspring:
N/A

Fanart
WIP

JANTAR
wip

Height:
14hh
Date of Birth:
wip
Coat Colour:
Bay Dun

Character:
Bay Dun. This fellow is very graceful but a little brooding and standoffish, it might take his new owner a little extra time to get him out of his shell. He seems to be about 9 years old and stands at 14 hh.

WIP

Rider:
N/A

Hellmark:
Tiger Stripes on legs
Crystal:
Teal Topaz
Riding Disciplines:
wip
Genetics:
EE/AA/Dd

Mate:
N/A

Offspring:
N/A

Fanart
WIP

Last edited by Ruby-Skylark on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ruby-Skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me