FR Chat V. 45 (Join Our CS Friendly Discord Server!)

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: FR Chat V. 45

Postby JuneyAmy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:34 am

Pear wrote:Honestly though, why does it matter?? x) The person has their own choice to sell at what they'd like, yeah, it's below what they could get out of it for sure, but even then I don't really understand why you're so concerned what other people are pricing their g1s at? x'D Not tryin to be rude, just a little confused XD

It’s because people don’t know or care about value. i have gotten so. so. so many very valuable gen ones (primal , multi-gaze, xxy, xyx etc) and it’s either people don’t know or care about the value of gen ones. and to me,that’s sad. i’m a gen one lair, and to see gen ones being thrown away for exalt fodder (yes, he may be not exalt fodder,but i bought a TON who were) is just so sad imo. regular dragons? don’t care, they’re not special. but eveyr gen one is special in their own way imo.
ImageImage
╔═══════════════════════════╗
Hey everyone! My username is JuneyAmy,
but feel free to call me Juney, Amy, or whatever
you can think of ^_^ I'm an experienced roleplayer,
i already roleplay for about 7 years! I can do from
1 line, until 30+ sentences , but since i'm from
Holland, my English isn't the greatest. I am a huge
fan of Daniela Ruah, Eric Christian Olsen,and Renee
Felice Smith, they are amazing people ^_^ i love
NCIS: L A too (: I had a Flight rising account too ,but banned for no reason
i lived with family who also did play FR, we never sent anything to eachother or gifted but we both got banned. I also play Howrse and Pokeheroes, both by the name Juney

╚═══════════════════════════╝
(pronoun,gender, and other buttons could go here!)
My Dutch Howrse account!
JuneyAmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pear » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:42 am

JuneyAmy wrote:
Pear wrote:Honestly though, why does it matter?? x) The person has their own choice to sell at what they'd like, yeah, it's below what they could get out of it for sure, but even then I don't really understand why you're so concerned what other people are pricing their g1s at? x'D Not tryin to be rude, just a little confused XD

It’s because people don’t know or care about value. i have gotten so. so. so many very valuable gen ones (primal , multi-gaze, xxy, xyx etc) and it’s either people don’t know or care about the value of gen ones. and to me,that’s sad. i’m a gen one lair, and to see gen ones being thrown away for exalt fodder (yes, he may be not exalt fodder,but i bought a TON who were) is just so sad imo. regular dragons? don’t care, they’re not special. but eveyr gen one is special in their own way imo.

In that case, why not PM the person selling the dragon before ya buy it and tell them that they're greatly undervaluing what they could be selling the dragon for?

In a game like this, value is in the eye of the beholder, so your "valuable" might not line up with other people's "valuable" x) But even then, why does it make you sad? x) It shouldn't, it's just a game lol

I'm also a primarily g1 lair but honestly I don't care at all what other people list their dragons at. It's their own prerogative, so it doesn't upset me at all. It's why I'm having a hard time understanding why it affects you? :s
Pear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JuneyAmy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:47 am

Pear wrote:
JuneyAmy wrote:

In that case, why not PM the person selling the dragon before ya buy it and tell them that they're greatly undervaluing what they could be selling the dragon for?

In a game like this, value is in the eye of the beholder, so your "valuable" might not line up with other people's "valuable" x) But even then, why does it make you sad? x) It shouldn't, it's just a game lol

I'm also a primarily g1 lair but honestly I don't care at all what other people list their dragons at. It's their own prerogative, so it doesn't upset me at all. It's why I'm having a hard time understanding why it affects you? :s

Because then i’m not sure if it’ll get a good home or not. and besides, once bought you can’t track their previous owner.
and to you it might just be a game, but for someone who is bound to home with 24/7 pain with nothing else to do and no one to live for? yeah it’s all i have to do. do i really care and be sad? no. i just don’t know a better word. dissapoint? idk. english isn’t my native language. i could also ask you: why do you care baout your family? they’re just family. i couldn’t give less of a damn about mine. just an example.
ImageImage
i lived with family who also did play FR, we never sent anything to eachother or gifted but we both got banned. I also play Howrse and Pokeheroes, both by the name Juney

My Dutch Howrse account!
JuneyAmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:51 am

JuneyAmy wrote:

Eh, people play how they want. Personally, I'm not a big fan of multi-gaze, even though I know it's rare.

Gen1s are sort of... common for me. I find eggs pretty often, I have the funds to purchase them whenever I need, etc. Gen1s are everywhere. Good Gen1s are harder to find because of the price tag, but they're not too bad either. If you're not out looking for something very specific, it's easy to find plenty of them.

I don't think that gen1 is very pretty (in my opinion-- the multi doesn't match the colors, and the grey tert isn't very flattering).

My biggest issue with eyes is that you cannot choose which dragon gets them. Someone probably wished that multigaze was on a better dragon, so they just tossed that gen1 in the hopes that someone else would be happy with them.

Not to mention how expensive it is to gene Gen1s. And that what type of eyes the parents have doesn't affect the kids at all. Not even a little bit.

I don't like the way the eye system was implemented. I cannot get the eyes I want on the dragons I pick. So yeah, seeing a gen1 that isn't the pretties with multigaze doesn't mean anything to me, and probably a lot of other users who aren't happy with some ofthe eye types.

That gen1 you purchased was probably just someone who didn't like what they had. Primals, multi-gaze Gen1s actually don't go for that much if people don't think they're pretty. I see low priced primals very often because the colors don't work.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pear » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:53 am

JuneyAmy wrote:
Pear wrote:
JuneyAmy wrote:It’s because people don’t know or care about value. i have gotten so. so. so many very valuable gen ones (primal , multi-gaze, xxy, xyx etc) and it’s either people don’t know or care about the value of gen ones. and to me,that’s sad. i’m a gen one lair, and to see gen ones being thrown away for exalt fodder (yes, he may be not exalt fodder,but i bought a TON who were) is just so sad imo. regular dragons? don’t care, they’re not special. but eveyr gen one is special in their own way imo.

Because then i’m not sure if it’ll get a good home or not. and besides, once bought you can’t track their previous owner.
and to you it might just be a game, but for someone who is bound to home with 24/7 pain with nothing else to do and no one to live for? yeah it’s all i have to do. do i really care and be sad? no. i just don’t know a better word. dissapoint? idk. english isn’t my native language. i could also ask you: why do you care baout your family? they’re just family. i couldn’t give less of a damn about mine. just an example.

Yeah, that's why I said you should PM the owner before you buy it XD Dunno why you care if someone else's dragons go to good homes either? x3 I mean once their yours I completely understand but..haha

I'm sorry, it looks like I've hit a nerve with you, which was not, and is not, my intentions. I'm not saying FR isn't important to me either, btw, like I've played this game for nearly 7 yrs now XD Which just shows how fun it is? I don't get why this went the way it's gone honestly haha
Also your English is very good! :3

I'm not responding to the family part because this is a thread about FR and not family/irl stuff. x)
Pear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JuneyAmy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:54 am

MySpoons wrote:
JuneyAmy wrote:

Eh, people play how they want. Personally, I'm not a big fan of multi-gaze, even though I know it's rare.

Gen1s are sort of... common for me. I find eggs pretty often, I have the funds to purchase them whenever I need, etc. Gen1s are everywhere. Good Gen1s are harder to find because of the price tag, but they're not too bad either. If you're not out looking for something very specific, it's easy to find plenty of them.

I don't think that gen1 is very pretty (in my opinion-- the multi doesn't match the colors, and the grey tert isn't very flattering).

My biggest issue with eyes is that you cannot choose which dragon gets them. Someone probably wished that multigaze was on a better dragon, so they just tossed that gen1 in the hopes that someone else would be happy with them.

Not to mention how expensive it is to gene Gen1s. And that what type of eyes the parents have doesn't affect the kids at all. Not even a little bit.

I don't like the way the eye system was implemented. I cannot get the eyes I want on the dragons I pick. So yeah, seeing a gen1 that isn't the pretties with multigaze doesn't mean anything to me, and probably a lot of other users who aren't happy with some ofthe eye types.

That gen1 you purchased was probably just someone who didn't like what they had. Primals, multi-gaze Gen1s actually don't go for that much if people don't think they're pretty. I see low priced primals very often because the colors don't work.

then i’d LOVE to know where! (i’m serious, sorry if it sounds sarcastic) because i’m trying to get all primal gen 1’s of each flight! <3
ImageImage

My Dutch Howrse account!
JuneyAmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:57 am

No worries! I see them in the AH from time to time, just look up 'primal' often and I'm sure you'll find some. Some primal types are way more favorited than others (cue image of me crying when I realized no one really wanted my earth primal gen1 lololol). Shadow primal is very popular so I bet it goes for more.

That's a good goal! I keep getting distracted by real life but I have a page full of gen 1s I've hatched. Many of them I love :) I've never gotten into geneing projects before. I cannot wait until I have the time to work on them (I'm saving up FR things rn for CS things, I'm so close to a complete collection!).
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JuneyAmy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:02 am

Pear wrote:Yeah, that's why I said you should PM the owner before you buy it XD Dunno why you care if someone else's dragons go to good homes either? x3 I mean once their yours I completely understand but..haha

I'm sorry, it looks like I've hit a nerve with you, which was not, and is not, my intentions. I'm not saying FR isn't important to me either, btw, like I've played this game for nearly 7 yrs now XD Which just shows how fun it is? I don't get why this went the way it's gone honestly haha

I'm not responding to the family part because this is a thread about FR and not family/irl stuff. x)

yeah and i ain’t gonna let someone snatch it before me so it just can be resold and such :/ i hate it when people just buy and re sell dragons, ofcourse it’s a strategy, but i just hate someones hard work just being re sold and such. i think it’s just disrespedtful in some way, especially if the person mentioned somehwere it was a misprice, sadly, i’ve seen that happen a ton. somoene snatching a drgaon before me (on a thread) and the. just re selling it for a profit :/ idk, i just think that’s rude. ofc, only in the fully gened perspective.
for this specific case, i’d just think it’d be a waste if it got resold time, and time, and time again and end up exated because it’s -as i mentione dit before- not the prettiest dragon. i honestly give every “special” dragon a chance- if they’re xxy/xyx etc they stay in my lair for sure- even though i dislike them. i think they’re plainly borming, but they will have agood home with me. even non “special” dragons i love- i might even love them more then “special” ones. whoops. maybe a little weird but oh well xD
ImageImage

My Dutch Howrse account!
JuneyAmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pear » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:05 am

JuneyAmy wrote:
Pear wrote:Yeah, that's why I said you should PM the owner before you buy it XD Dunno why you care if someone else's dragons go to good homes either? x3 I mean once their yours I completely understand but..haha

yeah and i ain’t gonna let someone snatch it before me so it just can be resold and such :/ i hate it when people just buy and re sell dragons, ofcourse it’s a strategy, but i just hate someones hard work just being re sold and such. i think it’s just disrespedtful in some way, especially if the person mentioned somehwere it was a misprice, sadly, i’ve seen that happen a ton. somoene snatching a drgaon before me (on a thread) and the. just re selling it for a profit :/ idk, i just think that’s rude. ofc, only in the fully gened perspective.
for this specific case, i’d just think it’d be a waste if it got resold time, and time, and time again and end up exated because it’s -as i mentione dit before- not the prettiest dragon. i honestly give every “special” dragon a chance- if they’re xxy/xyx etc they stay in my lair for sure- even though i dislike them. i think they’re plainly borming, but they will have agood home with me. even non “special” dragons i love- i might even love them more then “special” ones. whoops. maybe a little weird but oh well xD

Then you could just click on the person's username, buy the dragon, and message them after x3

If you like the dragon you buy, and buy it because you want to keep it, that's totes chill :3 Each person has their own reasons for the dragons they choose to keep c:
Pear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:06 am

FR has an economy that's similar to real life. If someone thinks they can make more reselling something, they'll buy it and flip it.

CS doesn't have an instant trade format like FR because CS doesn't have ubiquitous currency to do such trades with. It's an interesting dynamic for sure. I enjoy navigating FR's economy because it's so different from CS's (and I've been around CS for a long time, will be my 10th anniversary on CS this summer!)

People doing that on threads, though, isn't very fun/fair. In the AH, anything's fair game. I don't hang around the forums much but isn't it discouraged to do that sort of reselling there?
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them

358 Pets Left