🦁 Cool Cats & Kittens Club 🐯 Tiger King Thread 👑

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: 🦁 Cool Cats & Kittens Club 🐯 Tiger King Thread 👑

Postby useless witch » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:54 am

BlingBling wrote:I personally wouldn't put an otherwise excellent zoo that made a difficult decision in order to protect a child in potential danger on the bad list while a "rescue" called SaveAFox that kept animals alive for donations that should have been out down, used donations to fund getting tattoos, and various other very questionable things like buying their so called rescue foxes is on the good. I'm just putting this out there just to note that you should always do a deeper dive on facilities than just surface level before deciding whether or not to support them. I've been guilty of blind support too in the past

If you want, you can make one about foxes ♡
Image •Ванда• Image
ImageImage
useless witch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby voe » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:46 am

BlingBling wrote:I personally wouldn't put an otherwise excellent zoo that made a difficult decision in order to protect a child in potential danger on the bad list while a "rescue" called SaveAFox that kept animals alive for donations that should have been out down, used donations to fund getting tattoos, and various other very questionable things like buying their so called rescue foxes is on the good. I'm just putting this out there just to note that you should always do a deeper dive on facilities than just surface level before deciding whether or not to support them. I've been guilty of blind support too in the past

The Cincinnati zoo also removes animals from their parents to interact with them on video to get donations using claims of abandonment. I don’t think they’re excellent at all, and listed harambe as a recognizable preventable mistake they made but it’s not the only one. I also plan to add other AZA zoos who’ve moved in a direction of exploitation (San Diego for offering “cheetah weddings” for example, putting wildcats on leashes)

Save a fox removes unusable animals from fur farms in order to take them without paying for them, and finds them appropriate homes who are equipped to handle exotics or keeps them to tend to medical needs. Keeping a genetically weak animal alive while paying to treat a fatal illness is hardly exploitative when you consider they acknowledged they were mainly trying to provide them a comfortable home for end of life care. I’d be open to discussing the misused donations, but I’ve never seen evidence that prove your claims are more than biased accusations against a somewhat controversial individual for the way she presents herself and her rescue. Not euthanizing an animal does not make a rescue bad, but allocating donations for unnecessary personal endeavors is wack and more than up for discussion of course! However, embezzlement is a serious crime, and she is a 501c3 licensed facility, donations are traced and tax deductible.

This whole thread is about ditching blind support, so I more than welcome these criticisms and challenges to my preconceived ideas about these facilities, and will do more research. Please feel free to include evidence of your claims of misuse, but so far what you’ve presented me seems to be unsubstantiated surface level gossip. Meanwhile, the Cincinnati zoo is winning awards for breeding in captivity for “conservation” and then removing any chance the wild animals have of remaining wild by raising them with human hands away from their mothers. That is more specifically what this is about, but like I said, if Mikayla is in fact abusing her position as a rescue to take funds for personal use, that would be super sketchy and bad. I just have never seen nor heard evidence suggesting the things you listed to be fact as you’ve presented them- and I do tons of research on the matter.

There are so many people who stand to profit from exploiting animals who spend a lot of time and energy trashing names in rescue for the sake of making their exotic animals more movable, and even more who believe animals should not be in captivity at all to the point of despising any entity that cares for them. Even Carole Baskin is listed on hate pages with misrepresented claims of misuse of animals and donations for personal decisions made that not everyone will agree with. Regardless, that type of discussion is what this thread is for, and I thank you for bringing this to my attention and initiating the conversation! I don’t want you to feel like your comment is misplaced or unwelcome, I really do want to get to the bottom of this and discuss the ethics behind every situation like it! The animals are most important, and it’s my biggest passion to ensure the facilities in charge of their care are held responsible and treating them properly.

⧗наташа⧗ wrote:If you want, you can make one about foxes ♡

That’s alright, I listed the facility in the header so it’s more than up for discussion here! Red foxes are wild animals too, just because they’re canids who’ve been partially domesticated with fancy colors doesn’t make them irrelevant to the discussion or excluded from our cause :3 wild foxes should remain wild, and domestic foxes deserve respect and dignity just as well! Save a fox is a gray area in that they tend by hand to exotic pets who should not have been domesticated in the first place, but I feel they give them proper dignified lives despite the captivity. I have admittedly been skeptical of her facility and the way she runs it, and the ethics behind hand raising foxes, so I’ve had my eye on her for years, however the animals whose lives she’s saved highly encourage me to remain supportive! I would love to see more specialized rescues for other exotic animals like hers, such as reptile and small captive wildcat rescues!

Regardless of the direction of this conversation, the admins have requested I remove the negative list from the topic.
From now on, we will be discussing the removal or addition from the positive list, rather than adding to the negative.
Last edited by voe on Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage Image Image ImageImage
'Darien' he/they femboy collector of leopard geckos

Feel free to message me about anything, even if it isn't CS related!
I'm usually happy to help with date swaps, with or without add-ons
I'm not fluent in lower rarity math, please correct me if I'm wrong

ImageImageImage
ImageAKA Eibai, Nynecho, Gef, Atomsk, Glamrock Freddy, Elfo, MulaImage
voe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby M A R S » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:45 am

I love seeing others spreading awareness for something that is not talked about enough! This is an amazing club and I am happy to be apart of it! <3

I, maren, promise to defend animal activists, even when I don't agree with them. Big cats make great virtual pets, but do not belong inside houses, or on leashes. I will never interact with a wildcat stolen from their mom to entertain me, nor will I knowingly support material made at the expense of a wild animal.
M A R S

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:05 am

If your talking about Valentine he had a very happy life due to the care SaveaFox gave him, he wasnt riddled with pain could eat and play as a normal fox ( he was so skinny when they first rescued him ) thanks to the regular treatment he was getting on more than one occsion saveafox considered having him PTS but vets said that regular laser surgery on his gums would let him lead a normal healthy life which it did till it got to the point were surgery wasnt enough. They PTS on the 27th of December after 4 years of a happy healthy life

If you dont beleave he acted like a normal healthy fox just look at his videos and the tribute video for him.

CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby voe » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:49 am

Angelus Gaston wrote:They PTS on the 27th of December after 4 years of a happy healthy life

If you dont beleave he acted like a normal healthy fox just look at his videos and the tribute video for him.

Oh man, I deleted Facebook a while ago and had no idea valentine was pts last year. Heartbreaking, but we all saw what an amazing life he was granted. I believe they were referring to Mouse however, the sapphire morph foxes are terminally ill, but Mikayla was doing stem cell treatments for her. She didn’t live very long but it’s better than chicken wire floor and loneliness until you die a painful death… she gives these foxes a safe place to live out the rest of their lives. I’m glad valentine was comfortable for most of his life, can’t imagine him not being saved and dying likely of starvation due to his gums.

It’s hard to compare a person who takes neglected wrongfully domesticated animals and gives them comfortable enriching lives to an entity that regularly profits from the production of captive wildlife for “conservation” to then raise with human hands after removing them from their parents and any chance of a natural life they could’ve had in the wild or otherwise like the zoo.

ImageImageImage
voe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Natha7 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:56 pm

I, Natha7, promise to defend animal activists, even when I don't agree with them. Big cats make great virtual pets, but do not belong inside houses, or on leashes. I will never interact with a wildcat stolen from their mom to entertain me, nor will I knowingly support material made at the expense of a wild animal.

This club is a great initiative! I've been vegan for 6 years so I am pleased to see people spreading awareness about these topics :)
Natha7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:12 am

Elfo wrote:
Welcome To The Thread About
Conquering Tiger Kings!

🐯 Table of Contents 🦁
Join The Club- Warning!
Learn About The Crisis
Ethical Facilities List
Member List & Banners

:!: Content Warning :!:
⚠️Tiger King is graphic!⚠️
This discussion has to be PG!
To keep all ages engaged & safe,
please don’t discuss violence, gore,
or other graphic topic even if relevant.
Do not link to any site or source that uses
any adult language or depicts animal abuse.

Welcome Animal Advocates To This Important Club!
This is a place to discuss the ethics of keeping big cats,
the moral dilemma of sharing cute controversial content,
and how to change our behavior to protect captive wildlife.
We Are Here To Love Big Cats And Vow To End Their Suffering!

Through coordinated effort, we can accomplish this steep goal!

Become A Member / Champion An Important Cause / Get A Gift

Reply this pledge here, then send a trade for your welcome gift!
Code: Select all
I, [name], promise to defend animal activists, even when I don't agree with them. Big cats make great virtual pets, but do not belong inside houses, or on leashes. I will never interact with a wildcat stolen from their mom to entertain me, nor will I knowingly support material made at the expense of a wild animal.

I, COOLDOGOOO, promise to defend animal activists, even when I don't agree with them. Big cats make great virtual pets, but do not belong inside houses, or on leashes. I will never interact with a wildcat stolen from their mom to entertain me, nor will I knowingly support material made at the expense of a wild animal.
JUST CAME BACK FROM HIATUS !
Coming back after a hiatus! I didn't check my oekaki notifs, and had 1k+ unread. I don't have the time to check them all, unfortunately, so if there is something you'd like me to check/be aware of, please PM me! <33 I hope you understand! (art coms are still open, for USD only and considering c$)

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joy 1235:) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:12 am

Elfo wrote:
Welcome To The Thread About
Conquering Tiger Kings!

🐯 Table of Contents 🦁
Join The Club- Warning!
Learn About The Crisis
Ethical Facilities List
Member List & Banners

:!: Content Warning :!:
⚠️Tiger King is graphic!⚠️
This discussion has to be PG!
To keep all ages engaged & safe,
please don’t discuss violence, gore,
or other graphic topic even if relevant.
Do not link to any site or source that uses
any adult language or depicts animal abuse.

Welcome Animal Advocates To This Important Club!
This is a place to discuss the ethics of keeping big cats,
the moral dilemma of sharing cute controversial content,
and how to change our behavior to protect captive wildlife.
We Are Here To Love Big Cats And Vow To End Their Suffering!

Through coordinated effort, we can accomplish this steep goal!

Become A Member / Champion An Important Cause / Get A Gift

Reply this pledge here, then send a trade for your welcome gift!
Code: Select all
I, [name], promise to defend animal activists, even when I don't agree with them. Big cats make great virtual pets, but do not belong inside houses, or on leashes. I will never interact with a wildcat stolen from their mom to entertain me, nor will I knowingly support material made at the expense of a wild animal.

I, Joy 1235:), promise to defend animal activists, even when I don't agree with them. Big cats make great virtual pets, but do not belong inside houses, or on leashes. I will never interact with a wildcat stolen from their mom to entertain me, nor will I knowingly support material made at the expense of a wild animal.

(I've sent the trade however I cannot say anything so it'll be of a random pet from you)
Joy 1235:)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Umireef » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:15 pm

I, Umireef, promise to defend animal activists, even when I don't agree with them. Big cats make great virtual pets, but do not belong inside houses, or on leashes. I will never interact with a wildcat stolen from their mom to entertain me, nor will I knowingly support material made at the expense of a wild animal.

Umireef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby voe » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:19 am

A Brief History Of Animal Defenders International Rescuing Circus Cats

“Please remember that raising awareness and campaigning saves lives. It is public opinion that secures the laws that transform the lives of animals like Rey and Smith and ensure other animals do not suffer as they did.
You are their voice and don’t ever give up.”

We still have legal traveling circuses in the United States of America and other first world countries. How many of you know somebody who would be perfectly comfortable patronizing a roadside zoo or attending a circus with wild animals? Step outside of your comfort zone and educate these friends, family members or acquaintances. We are here to point their compass in the direction of compassion, and save these majestic beings with what little power we each possess to change peoples’ hearts.

ImageImageImage
voe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me