✎ CS Book Club ✐

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ✎ CS Book Club ✐

Postby sweet creature » Wed May 29, 2019 2:14 am

smellbig wrote:hey there! thanks for joining!

six of crows is on my to read list but i've never really looked into throne of glass. i'm not a big high fantasy fan so i usually struggle with that >.<

6oc is one you may enjoy regardless, albeit a bit slow to get started c:
the books i cant stand are teen romance because they're always the same ...
what genre do you like the most then? (:
sweet creature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wayhaught » Wed May 29, 2019 2:25 am

i've really been getting into low fantasy recently, i just finished reading the afterward by e.k. johnston, and really enjoyed it! but yeah i totally understand about the YA romance, it is very typical. what have you read recently?

wayhaught - she/her - born january 9th
bibliophile - seahawks fan - capricorn
all about me
trade me
join the discord
stream wynonna earp on netflix <3

avatar: thedarkshadow123 / signature: avi-the-avenger
wayhaught

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet creature » Wed May 29, 2019 2:31 am

smellbig wrote:i've really been getting into low fantasy recently, i just finished reading the afterward by e.k. johnston, and really enjoyed it! but yeah i totally understand about the YA romance, it is very typical. what have you read recently?

im (slowly) making my way through the game of thrones (george r.r martin) books.. i’m on the 3rd book but the 4th season hahaha.im actually also rereading throne of glass (sarah j maas), not entirely sure why though lol
what is the afterward about? it sounds interesting!
sweet creature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Wed May 29, 2019 6:32 am

Welcome!! I also love Six of Crows sososo much, it's definitely my favorite YA book of all time ;_; I'm due for a reread soon.

Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet creature » Wed May 29, 2019 6:41 am

Pyjaks wrote:Welcome!! I also love Six of Crows sososo much, it's definitely my favorite YA book of all time ;_; I'm due for a reread soon.

it is something else cx
have you read the other series about the grisha that bardugo has done? if so do you think it's worth the read?
sweet creature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Wed May 29, 2019 7:47 am

sweet creature wrote:
Pyjaks wrote:Welcome!! I also love Six of Crows sososo much, it's definitely my favorite YA book of all time ;_; I'm due for a reread soon.

it is something else cx
have you read the other series about the grisha that bardugo has done? if so do you think it's worth the read?

I have but I,,, disliked it unfortunately. I didn't like the main characters or the romance. However is still recommend reading it because A) tons of people disagree with me and really enjoy it and B) if you read Grisha you can also read King of Scars which features one of the crows from SoC as a main character!!

But yeah IMO SoC is just leagues better than Grisha, it's not even close lol. You might enjoy it though!
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet creature » Wed May 29, 2019 7:51 am

Pyjaks wrote:
sweet creature wrote:

it is something else cx

I have but I,,, disliked it unfortunately. I didn't like the main characters or the romance. However is still recommend reading it because A) tons of people disagree with me and really enjoy it and B) if you read Grisha you can also read King of Scars which features one of the crows from SoC as a main character!!

But yeah IMO SoC is just leagues better than Grisha, it's not even close lol. You might enjoy it though!

i'll look into grisha a bit more c: is king of scars part of the grisha? i've not heard of it until now cx
sweet creature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basil! » Wed May 29, 2019 9:53 am

I want to join the book club!
Username: eclipse.
Pronouns: she/her
Your favorite book and/or author: A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir (but I love the whole An Ember In The Ashes series)
Why is this your favorite?: This book is my favorite because it's honestly just something else. It's interesting, well-paced, keeps my attention, and has a good plot with many secrets to guess about but just enough answers so that you don't get frustrated. The characters are well developed and I genuinely care about them, and this book has so many feels,,
What genres do you like? I like action/thriller, mystery, sci-fi, dystopia, some fantasy and some contemporary
Fun fact about you: I used to have a bad habit of reading the end of the book and spoiling everything
Anything else?: nope! :>

x
x
───(あなたを愛している)

basil l they/he
hi! my name is basil! I like anime,
art, and science. I probably will
not be replying to pms at this time, sorry!

flight rising / my writing / wetlands

basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wayhaught » Wed May 29, 2019 12:43 pm

yay! another new member c: welcome! i used to do that reading the end of the book thing too lol

sweet creature; the afterward is a story about how a group of women who saved the world returned to their lives in all parts of the social hierarchy - how the afterward was different from the "before." i reeeaaaally enjoyed it!

wayhaught - she/her - born january 9th
bibliophile - seahawks fan - capricorn
all about me
trade me
join the discord
stream wynonna earp on netflix <3

avatar: thedarkshadow123 / signature: avi-the-avenger
wayhaught

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Wed May 29, 2019 1:10 pm

sweet creature wrote:
i'll look into grisha a bit more c: is king of scars part of the grisha? i've not heard of it until now cx

KoS is a part of the same universe as Grisha and SoC! Its follows one of the side characters of the Grisha trilogy and like I said also features one of the crows. I didn't like KoS as much as SoC but I think the sequel has the potential to be really, really good.

Welcome Eclipse!! I've read Ember and Torch and liked them as well :> !!
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me