The Advanced, Literate Roleplayer's Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Advanced, Literate Roleplayer's Club

Postby Make_a__Scene » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:14 pm

Ah, thank you! I'm really excited to be a part of this group!

@Reeses; the first plot really interests me. Would Earthlings know that there is a galactic war going on, or even know about life on other planets?
    I do not have writer's block
    My writer just hates the clock
Make_a__Scene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Kaycee » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:40 am

Beatus wrote:
      Hey guys. Thank you so much for accepting me.

I am, in fact, thinking of making a new roleplay based around the 1300's in Ireland where a ship takes some young people to the United States and so on. Does this sound strange? I'd be having very complex characters in this, just to make it so fun.

Is this an interesting plot? :3

It is but do you mean 1800s or 1300s because the 1300s are the Middle Ages xD
(Sorry history major; I'm crazy with dates OTL)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

╔══════════════════════╗

❝ A soldier on my own, I don't know the way
I'm riding up the heights of shame
I'm waiting for the call, the hand on the chest
I'm ready for the fight and fate ❞
~Woodkid
─────────────
My Characters
Human Artists on CS
Get help from staff
RP Rules
╚══════════════════════╝

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

GIVING AWAY MOST OF MY PETS IN A GIANT ART CONTEST! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
Captain Kaycee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~*Reeses*~ » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:03 am

@Scene;;
    No, the earthlings wouldn't be aware to what's happening outside Earth's atmosphere. Maybe some of the government officials do but they wouldn't share it with the public because of the chaos it could start among the earthlings.

@Beatus;;
    That could definitely be interesting. Would it be a roleplay that's based around the journey there and arriving or already there? If it's the ship one; would it be like a titanic roleplay (probably without the sinking and iceberg, I'm assuming)?
~*Reeses*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~*Reeses*~ » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:56 am

Sounds like a great start to a plot^^
    I would join it if you ended up making it {that is, if you find me qualified ;3}
~*Reeses*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Kaycee » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:41 am

I'm really debating making a huge "Angels vs. Demons" war although not as a 1x1. Usually when I use this concept it's with one other person, but I am curious to see what it would be with more than just two people.
Basically the plot is that angels and demons have been at war with each other since the beginning of time. They are considered "gods" to the humans, but in reality they are just a more-advanced species in two different realms. Each realm is connected to earth, and both fight over control of the humans. In the past century, humans have advanced enough to try and keep both angels and demons away from the planet since they do not want to be controlled any longer. So there would be three categories: angels, demons, and the humans.
That's all I have so far, but I would love to make it really epic. My only problem is getting both literate writers and people to join |D

╔══════════════════════╗

❝ A soldier on my own, I don't know the way
I'm riding up the heights of shame
I'm waiting for the call, the hand on the chest
I'm ready for the fight and fate ❞
~Woodkid
─────────────
My Characters
Human Artists on CS
Get help from staff
RP Rules
╚══════════════════════╝

GIVING AWAY MOST OF MY PETS IN A GIANT ART CONTEST! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
Captain Kaycee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoella » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:14 am

I think they all sound like really cool roleplay ideas! c: I have been dying for some more group roleplays to be involved in.

@Beatus I would totally be up for yours, it sounds really unique which is good cause I want to get out of the stereotype roleplays. If you set it in Victorian Era that would be even cooler! cx cause I'm a Victorian nerd

@Kaycee did you know I've been longing for an angels/demons rp or something? I tried to join one a while ago and it died...the craving still hasn't gone away. So if you do decide to make one I will totally join! :3

If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me

I can't
go back to
yesterday
because
I was a
different
person then
If you don't
know where
you are
going
any road
can take
you there
Zoella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~*Reeses*~ » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:26 am

It'd probably be a good idea to use preset characters so that it kind of sets the mood for how the "old" characters should act and behave. There's a difference between back then and now {seeing as they used to be all elegant and now people are pretty much the opposite}. I don't think it'd have to be too detailed.. probably just so that it can get the roleplayer in the mindset of what they are supposed to roleplay and how it's different from the typical ones you see laying around.

An Angel vs Demon one would be cool; I have been on one or two group roleplays and a few one x one's based around that topic before. They didn't last long though, so it'd be nice to have one made that's actually active :3
~*Reeses*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloudsong » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 am

This is amazing - so many awesome ideas! :D I'm going to try addressing them all~

~*Reeses*~ wrote:
    I'm not sure exactly what I'm allowed/supposed to post on here, but I was thinking about making one-two literate roleplays somewhat soon.

The first plot would be based on human-like aliens that come from the surrounding planets in our Solar System. There is a war going on between the planets and a few from each planet found refugee on Earth {the only planet not participating in the war}. The aliens look like you and I; no different than any other human on earth, except they have abilities. Some can control light, while others can control darkness. Some can control the elements, while other can control emotions. I'm not sure whether the plot would be more about war being brought to Earth or if it'd be more about outcasts trying to fit in {but fail}.

The second plot would be about Fairy Tale Detectives {idea inspired by the title of the book}. Did Snow White really eat the poisonous apple? What was the real reason as to why Sleeping Beauty fell asleep? Why did the Prince really turn into the beast? Etc, etc. I have a friend who is helping me complete this plot.

What do you guys think about those plots?

Really like the first one!! The second one also seems interesting, though I'd still like to hear more about it - like who the characters would be? Would they be characters from fairy tales as well?

Beatus wrote:
      I am, in fact, thinking of making a new roleplay based around the 1800's in Ireland where a ship takes some young people to the United States and so on. Does this sound strange? I'd be having very complex characters in this, just to make it so fun.

Is this an interesting plot? :3

I love love love, this idea. It would be even more interesting if there could be some interactions with the Native Americans! Maybe they could be separated from their settlements and have to live among them for a while? IDK, a random idea! :D I'd love to have a native american character, and this plot sounds really fun.

Captain Kaycee wrote:I'm really debating making a huge "Angels vs. Demons" war although not as a 1x1. Usually when I use this concept it's with one other person, but I am curious to see what it would be with more than just two people.
Basically the plot is that angels and demons have been at war with each other since the beginning of time. They are considered "gods" to the humans, but in reality they are just a more-advanced species in two different realms. Each realm is connected to earth, and both fight over control of the humans. In the past century, humans have advanced enough to try and keep both angels and demons away from the planet since they do not want to be controlled any longer. So there would be three categories: angels, demons, and the humans.
That's all I have so far, but I would love to make it really epic. My only problem is getting both literate writers and people to join |D

Yes, yes, yes. XD Omg. You and I had a 1x1 a bit like this, and I'd LOVE to see something similar with more people!! 8D I would be reusing a character (something I rarely do o: ), but I can totally see the potential in this.

I shall be posting some of my own plot ideas soon! c:
I'm no longer an active member of this community, but I'm always looking to commission art of my dog, Pascal the Pomeranian! ^^ PM me if you're interested in drawing him, and we can discuss payment.
Cloudsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~*Reeses*~ » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:29 am

For the second plot, I had another idea come to mind. Maybe all of the "bad guys" weren't really bad and were only framed by the mastermind of it all. The group of bad guys could come together and and try to solve who the real criminal was.

The characters would be based on the Fairy Tale Villains {I'm not sure whether I'd preset the characters or if I'd just have the roleplayers decide who they want to play}. They could either be the actual Fairy Tale/Disney Movie villains, or they would be a human-fied versions of them {like the Disney RPs you see around that take a certain Disney movie character and put a faceclaim to it so that they are humans instead of whatever they really are}.
~*Reeses*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:59 am

This thread goes by so fast!
Thank you so, so much for accepting me; it's a huge honor to be in this club and entitled as a literate roleplayer. ;A;
@Beatus, I'm really interested in the plot, as well. :3
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me